It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain stops Russian ship carrying attack helicopters for Syria

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
So let me see if i got the jist of the thread:

1. America is evil same thing that is said everyday on here

2. Russians,Chinese,Iranians,Saudi's,Turkey.,Qatar,and the FSB,VEVAK,Chinese intelligence agencies are in Syria. and the boogey man is always CIA.

3. Middle Easterner's are too stupid to think so the CIA manipulates them to fight their like totally awesome leaders.

4. Britian stops arms shipment to Syria doesn't make sense considering 2 warships are en route to Syria that have helicopters on it.

5. Supposedly US weapons have been found in Syria even tho Saudi has been providing support and is a well known recipient of those weapons which means 1+1=2.

6 Like to see the break down of "those US and Isreal " weapons found in Syria.

7. Really is amazing the defense of the worlds largest arm sellers Russia and China and yet the only one who isn't allowed to sell is US.

8. Russia sold Iraq weapons Scud launchers,gas masks and technical support just like they have always done, and to many arab state.

9. Really is amazing the length's some go to on here to defend fascist dictators, saw it with Saddam,Gaddafi,and now Assad which is par for the course

10, 4 strikes and your out
exposing corruption eh more like defence of it.
edit on 19-6-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

Of Course it is.
Russia has made quite a bit over the decades supplying Billions worth of weapons in the Middle East going back decades. Where do people think all them Russian made tanks, AK-47/74s and RPGs are coming from?

Not just Russia but also from their neighbor (Copy n Paste China)

AK 47s and 74s. There are millions coming in from all over the world as well.

AK47
edit on 19-6-2012 by hp1229 because: edit paragraph

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

I can't verify the authenticity of this report, but it appears the war games were never actually scheduled to happen but this could all be another tactic:

Russia, Syria deny war games with China, Iran

Russian and Syrian officials dismissed as provocation on Tuesday Iranian media reports that Iran, Russia, China and Syria are to conduct joint military exercises in Syria next month.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

I said

Where do people think all them "Russian made" tanks, AK-47/74s and RPGs are coming from?

edit on 19-6-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh

ALL GOVERNMENTS BUY WEAPONS.......

supporting terrorism is something else............russia is selling/sending to a government, not lying about sending weapons to known terrorists who kill children...
peace

AND..

The Syrian Government has been supplying "certain groups" for decades.

Seem fitting eh?

most of the "muslim" terrorists were formed when isreal was formed....
isreal and syria had a war....1+1=2
just saying

peace

WRONG! i said what is 2 + 2 ?

I never once said they was FREEDOM FIGHTERS, i called them the "Free Syrian Army" pay attention you might actually learn something here, here is where the West have nothing to do with what's going on in Syria and play no part in the Revolution turned Civil War, and if you do think that, you are incredibly stupid there is no other explanation unfortunately, you're just a total idiot PERIOD

Its no secret that this is the second attempt by Syrian Sunnis, led by the Muslim Brotherhood, to overthrow the Shiite government. The first uprising of Sunni Islamists occurred in 1976 -1982, against the regime of Hafez al-Assad (father of the current dictator Bashar al-Assad).

The civil war in Libya was also Sunni-led, which is the main reason the Muslim Brotherhood, which runs post-Gaddafi Libya, has instituted strict sharia law. The latter is notorious for extremely harsh penalties (including death) for blasphemy, homosexuality, theft, adultery and use of intoxicants.

Both the Libyan and Syrian rebels have received major financial support from Sunni Gulf States in the Arab League, most notably Saudi Arabia and Qatar. Qatar also provided the bulk of military aid to the Libyan rebels. Both countries have approved weapons shipments to the Free Syrian Army. However at the request of Secretary of State Clinton, they have postponed delivery to avoid undermining the Annan peace process.

And this is exactly why the US/West is upset at the fact Russia is to send in attack helicopters is it all making sense to you now?

At the same time, it’s a matter of public record that Sunni Gulf states are supplying the funds for Free Syrian Army salaries See Gulf States Warned Against Arming Syria. In addition, many former Libyan rebels have relocated to Syria with their weapons.

This is why the incredibly dumb Conspiracy nuts blame the US/West for arming Syrian rebels and couring the whole thing, and this is why they're supporting the introduction of deadly attack helicopters that Russia is trying to send into the region because they think its to kill Western backed Syrian brainwashed into doing it for Western motives & gain, it is not the West, but much rather friends of the west, Vs Friends of Russia/Iran,

The US/Israeli weapons in Syria are NOT directly through US/West sales to Syrian rebels, they are coming from the Saudis & Qatar who are armed by the West, this is not a western attempt to overthrow Assad, it is the people of Syria,

Russia Slams Saudi Arabia, Qatar for Funding Syrian Rebels
www.presstv.ir...

edit on 19-6-2012 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

link   

reply to post by SLAYER69

ALL GOVERNMENTS BUY WEAPONS.......
supporting terrorism is something else............russia is selling/sending to a government, not lying about sending weapons to known terrorists who kill children...peace

What happens to the Government Equipment smuggled and/or stolen and sold in the black market ?
You have underground economy in pretty much every country who are the biggest customers of weapons from all over the world. Do you think that each and every single equipment is accounted for in the militaries around the world?
So basically its a indirect sales to the Government whose subordinates know the local warlords/kingpins in the area willing to do the dirty job instead of the syrian army. It works both ways. Weapons trade (big or small) in itself is a big economy let alone oil.

link   
anonymous US officials say.

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by SLAYER69

This is from May...

Washington is an inch from starting shipping arms to the opposition in Syria, anonymous US officials say. The biggest hitch is that it wants to be sure American guns will be pointed in the right direction and won’t end up in the hands of Al Qaeda.

­The US is already transferring “non-lethal” material, including medical supplies and communication equipment to forces fighting the Syrian government. But it has been hesitant to provide arms to the disparate opposition, fearing they might end up in the hands of militants linked to Al Qaeda or Hezbollah, AP reports.

www.rt.com...

And it's been admitted that the US has been providing aid via third parties such as the Arab league in the previous links I posted. Not including the link about Hillary providing technical support which can be used for defensive an offensive purposes. So yes, both sides are just as guilty.

It's been systematically happening since last year.

And the following source is iffy, I know...but I wouldn't be surprised if it's true.

Israeli and US Weapons Found in Syria

Damascus, Syrian security forces have found US and Israeli-made weapons among the armaments seized to rebels in anti-insurgent operations, Syrian state media reported. According to the media, sizable arms cache was found in rural Damascus, Hama and Idleb provinces.

In a farm in Douma, in rural Damascus, police and army forces found an arsenal with 200 assault rifles stored in five plastic containers.

Among the weapons were also US-made Laws or light anti-tank weapon, seven RPG rocket launchers, rifles, Israeli machine guns, DshK munitions boxes, infrared goggles, and backpacks, listed SANA news agency.

edit on 19-6-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by fnpmitchreturns

So the wars were planned.
Now what about it?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

reply to post by hp1229

in the iraq and iran war........
iran....had american weapons....fighting for russia
iraq...had russian weapons.......fighting for america
WTF!! lol

Well guess what? Now Iraq has US weapons and Iran has Russian weapons

Except this time Iraq is not in the picture but Iran with different suppliers

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Bottom line is that the ship was in international waters and it turned around voluntarily. Nobody forced the ship to turn around. Nobody pointed a gun at it. The ship owners apparently consider the dropping of insurance a major issue. It sounds more like an excuse than anything else. There's got to me more to the story than this. Russians are not easily intimidated.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
To the Original poster. I am having such a hard trying to understand in what manner you can actually comprehend the world around you. I am not trying to be disrespectful , but your understanding , perspective , and the ability to take on another person's view is ... off.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by concernedcitizen519
According to Barbara Star on CNN just a few minutes ago she announced that the U.S. is tracking 3 new ships coming from Russia to Syria. They're suspected of being Marine ships and could contain personnel along with weapons. More to come I'm sure.
It is amazing how the timings of the news are orchestrated. 2 days ago or was it yesterday that the Russian officials denied claims of arming the syrians and now the ship was stopped by UK.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

reply to post by concernedcitizen519

Could somebody post a second source for this possible development please?

Here you go, sorry I couldn't find it earlier!
www.cbsnews.com...

Three Russian navy ships are completing preparations to sail to Syria with a unit of marines on a mission to protect Russian citizens and the nation's base there, CBS News has confirmed. The deployment appears to reflect Moscow's growing concern about Syrian President Bashar Assad's future.

edit on 19-6-2012 by concernedcitizen519 because: added quote from article

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

"one mans patriot is anothers terrorist" .......

I wish both sides would remain neutral but that will never happen.

This is part of the problem when fighting a proxy war !

I guess some things change and sometimes, only the names of the players change.....

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by fnpmitchreturns
reply to post by neo96

I guess some things change and sometimes, only the names of the players change.....

Players never change but the theatre of operations do.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

reply to post by hp1229

I said

Where do people think all them"Russian made" tanks, AK-47/74s and RPGs are coming from?
I know
But when did it ever stop China from putting a fake label/engravement on products of origin?
Its a 'honey pot' for weapons sale in that region so I'm sure they would love to distribute through Pakistan
Poor Mikhail Kalashnikov must be hating himself for giving away his simple yet effective design wide open to the world even though it is licensed to be manufactured overseas

Despite estimates of some 100 million AK-47 assault rifles circulating, General Kalashnikov claims he has not profited and that he only receives a state pension.[14] He does however own 30% of a German company Marken Marketing International (MMI), based in Solingen, that revamps trademarks and produces merchandise carrying the Kalashnikov name, such as vodka, umbrellas and knives.[15] One of the items is a knife named for the AK-74.[16]

Mikhail_Klashnikov
edit on 19-6-2012 by hp1229 because: add content

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
To the Original poster. I am having such a hard trying to understand in what manner you can actually comprehend the world around you. I am not trying to be disrespectful , but your understanding , perspective , and the ability to take on another person's view is ... off.

Would you care to elaborate? I could easily say the same thing about you but I won't bother trying to reason with you since you are clearly incapable of comprehending the geopolitical climate that we are currently in.

Why don't you take the back scratching posts else where and return when you have something of substance to contribute.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrandHeretic

Betcha they're starin at some fine fine G-20 booty........made they'll talk later over hookers and Vodka?

Guess which one appears to be in more need from the look on their faces

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229

reply to post by hp1229

in the iraq and iran war........
iran....had american weapons....fighting for russia
iraq...had russian weapons.......fighting for america
WTF!! lol

Well guess what? Now Iraq has US weapons and Iran has Russian weapons

Except this time Iraq is not in the picture but Iran with different suppliers

You have to hand it to our leaders here in the USA they don't think far ahead or they believe they can control the will of the people in their puppet states....

As the west invades Syria I can see Iran and Iraq joining together; then I expect Pakistan and then Afghanistan to join that group backed by the Russians because the Chinese will re-think about joining an Islamic Coalition.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Originally posted by fnpmitchreturns
reply to post by neo96

Players never change but the theatre of operations do.

No doubt!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join