It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain stops Russian ship carrying attack helicopters for Syria

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh
ALL GOVERNMENTS BUY WEAPONS.......

supporting terrorism is something else............russia is selling/sending to a government, not lying about sending weapons to known terrorists who kill children...
peace

AND..

The Syrian Government has been supplying "certain groups" for decades.

Seem fitting eh?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Just sitting here thinking is that all the Russians have to do is load them onto military transports and BINGO
problem solved

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by fnpmitchreturns

Originally posted by Soshh

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by TritonTaranis

Now, let me as you...can you DISPROVE that the protests in Syria are not foreign backed?

How is it possible to disprove that?
edit on 19/6/12 by Soshh because: (no reason given)

How many times does the truth have to come out before Western imperalist deniers realize these so called "Arab Springs" are nothing more than a calculated plan to reshape North Africa and the Middle East?

So, when Gen. Wesley Clark talked about the coming overthrow of North African and Middle Eastern countries as a long standing Neocon/CFR plan 6-7 years ago and now magically it happens...

Along with the other ancedotal evidence it is clearly Western/Banker astroturfing in these uprisings.

This just confirms my suspicions

The only reason you are backing this madness in Syria at the cost of many Syrian deaths is because you believe it is a western conspiracy and because of you being Anti West it fits right in line with your way of thinking, right or wrong you will support this, your not actually doing any home work on the here and now, you have a set agenda to tar it all with and ignorantly ignore what doesn't fit the conspiracy, missing the important facts right in front of you

Its funny how none of you talk about...

Tunisia, Egypt, Libya, Yemen, Bahrain, Algeria, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Morocco, Lebanon, Mauritania, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, and Western Sahara who have also had mass anti government protests or Revolutions,

How does this all fit into your BS conspiracy exactly? why did the west want all these nations to seek reforms & change? and what have they gained? how was they all brainwashed? how much was they all paid? how many agents did the West send in to make it all happen as you say? please tell me i could do with a good laugh

I suspect you will ALL dodge this question that brings your BS conspiracy down like a lead balloon

I would have thought you guys would have been disgusted that they was all aloud to get away with having a new government & reforms put in place as the people requested, and without them being killed, amazing, i wonder why

edit on 19-6-2012 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

oh really?, you got to be kidding right?, I'm sorry but I'm not buying this bull# of that fairy tale of the "freedom fighters in syria"

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

ALL GOVERNMENTS BUY WEAPONS.......

supporting terrorism is something else............russia is selling/sending to a government, not lying about sending weapons to known terrorists who kill children...
peace

AND..

The Syrian Government has been supplying "certain groups" for decades.

Seem fitting eh?

most of the "muslim" terrorists were formed when isreal was formed....
isreal and syria had a war....1+1=2
just saying

peace

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

reply to post by SLAYER69

Russia has been doing business with Syria for a long while now, why would they stop all of a sudden just because the West wants them too due to their convenience?

Your argument will hold more water once the US stops selling arms to Saudi Arabia and Israel and all the other dictatorships they do business with.

I'm just pointing out Russian Hypocrisy. They publicly advocated that all Nations stop but then try to justify away their obvious fueling of the situation ....

I agree though, in a perfect world all sides would stop providing arms, but "war is a racket" ave you may have heard and it's a very profitable one at that.

Of Course it is.
Russia has made quite a bit over the decades supplying Billions worth of weapons in the Middle East going back decades. Where do people think all them Russian made tanks, AK-47/74s and RPGs are coming from?

If Russia wants to deliver come helicopters to Syria, they should be able to do so. You know as well as I do if Saudi Arabia Arabia had any type of revolt they civilians of Saudi Arabia would get slaughtered with made in USA military hardware.

So you agree and accept the fact that the Syrians will be slaughtering civilians with that Russian equipment?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

If you haven't been paying attention the use of NGOs has been istramental in this wave of revoults. I have seen the the astroturfing done by the west...

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

yea but it seems the case for war is always fabricated

i remember people saying to bomb iraq to save women who are forced to cover up...lolol....they cover up mostly because its hot
edit on 19-6-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

So you agree and accept the fact that the Syrians will be slaughtering civilians with that Russian equipment?

I would say that civilians will get caught in the crossfire when rebels use them for cover and mix with the local population. I expect this in a civil war. This is only logical and tactically advantageous to the rebels and it makes the government look bad when civilians are killed.

There are no winners in war but sometimes it is better to fight than the status quo remain the same.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

that too, Obama has a smug look on his face while Putin doesn't even seem to care as if he's off in lala land day dreaming.

I saw the clip too and they both had a look as if someone ripped a silent but ripe and nasty one in the room

edit on 19-6-2012 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by onthedownlow
Russia was allowed to march into Georgia several years ago, and the lack of any formidible challenge helped to puff up the Russian ego.
Its funny I thought about it that way when the conflict occurred in Georgia. But I felt that it was more so to test the Russian preparedness and as a distraction away from the Missile Defense Shield in Poland (During Bush years) which got approved around the same time.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by fnpmitchreturns
I would say that civilians will get caught in the crossfire when rebels use them for cover and mix with the local population. I expect this in a civil war. This is only logical and tactically advantageous to the rebels and it makes the government look bad when civilians are killed.

I'm well aware of that tactic we've all seen the Taliban and Iranian supported Iraqi insurgents do this....

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrandHeretic
anyone ever thought that these two countries are playing the middle east.....russia pretending to help, then leaving countries in the lurch, like they did in...afghanistan, egypt, syria, lebanon, kudistan, armenia.... etc etc maybe hey

Yep. I did years ago during the first gulf war
There were opposition and votes against the US actions (by Russia, China and France) but then again Russia and China were selling their weapons then to Iraq although there was a huge amount pending in payments from Iraq.
edit on 19-6-2012 by hp1229 because: edit quotes

edit on 19-6-2012 by hp1229 because: add content

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

in the iraq and iran war........

iran....had american weapons....fighting for russia

iraq...had russian weapons.......fighting for america

WTF!! lol

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrmcleod
OK first things first, the MV Alead IS NOT a Russian vessel. The media would love for you all to believe that she is when infact she is NOT.
I work in the marine industry for a company who owns over 300 vessels operating worldwide.
For those of you who don't know, every vessel has a "flag", this flag is the country which the vessel must conform with i.e. the regulations of the US if she was US Flagged and so on.
The MV Alaed is flagged by Curacao, a small country in the Caribbean, she is a Curacao vessel, not Russian.
At present she is sitting OUT OF BRITISH WATERS to the West of North Rona, about 44 miles from the Outer Hebrides.
This is another PERFECT example of how the media would love for you all to believe that she is Russian. She may be taking things from Russia but she is not Russian.
Location of MV Alaed
Flag of MV Alaed
MV Alaed Details
Search For Mv Alaed Inspections
You can search for her most recent inspections via the Paris MOU site. She had an inspection in March, there has been no other inspections since.
The last port she was in was Helsingborg in Sweden. If there were issues, she should have been stopped there, and a Port State Inspection carried out..
This whole thing reeks of PR
edit on 19/6/12 by jrmcleod because: Adding extra links

Then why does the port side of her hull say " www.femco.RU " ?

edit on 19-6-2012 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229

Then there is C) get irrationally hosed and give the POTUS an ultimatum.....

or D) The ship was a either a decoy/bait/distraction away from the real shipment? Just a thought

Never thought of that, good point...

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Then there is C) get irrationally hosed and give the POTUS an ultimatum.....
I don't think this scheduled meeting between the 2 was a fore planned event if you get my drift.

Or...

Just impotently sit there with a glazed look on his face...

From AP regarding the meeting...

Betcha they're starin at some fine fine G-20 booty........made they'll talk later over hookers and Vodka?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

Why dont we just get all the poor people that cant defend themselves out of that area. All the MEN over 30 can then battle it out between themselves!

This sounds like a Chess Game- Who makes the most logical move.

What is the Battle About? If they dont like their leader- just fire him- resign. Who do they want to take over?

What agenda does the US, Russia and UK have in Syria?

Who owns that ship? Who has insurance on that ship? Who is sending the cargo? Who has insurance on the Cargo? What was the intent on sending the Cargo?

How in the heck would you even be able to fight in an area, and not even know who the enemy is??

I feel so sorry for the poor people that cannot defend themselves from a bunch of crazy men running around.

Gods Sake- If there is going to be a War..can we atleast know WHY??

Dont Worry about Iran having Nuclear Weapons..The ET's are going to turn all of them off everywhere.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
According to Barbara Star on CNN just a few minutes ago she announced that the U.S. is tracking 3 new ships coming from Russia to Syria. They're suspected of being Marine ships and could contain personnel along with weapons. More to come I'm sure.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by concernedcitizen519

Could somebody post a second source for this possible development please?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join