It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We should have an immigration policy just like Mexico has!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Then we have all these American roofers with no jobs.

Who are these rumored American roofers you speak of? Has anyone ever documented one? I've seen American roofer business owners, and American roofer salesmen, but I've only ever seen cheap, undocumented roofers.

Seems the blame lies with the American roofing business owner that gets rich off the illegal labor he chooses to use...

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

edit on 19-6-2012 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
The only problem is that our policticians want to destroy America by allowing illegals into the US, so they can implement their North American Union and currency.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
This woman just tells it how it is…the truth!

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Did you notice how she blamed all countries immigration problems on the Jews?

Smell an agenda here?

Perhaps she's not a racist but certainly an antisemitic.

oh wait...that is racist!!

edit on 19-6-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by usernameconspiracy

You want a plan?
  • Immediately enact a new law that establishes a minimum fine of $500,000 for any company who knowingly or recklessly hires an illegal immigrant. Also include a minimum 5-year prison sentence for anyone in that company who knowingly or recklessly does the hiring, and for anyone who attempts to force another into doing so through collusion.

• Begin increasing border patrol agents (hey, more jobs already!
    ) along the border, concentrating on areas where illegals are known to be crossing. Drones can be used for surveillance.

• Begin construction at the Pacific Ocean on a ten-foot tall chain-link electrified fence sitting one foot from the border. This fence should also extend five feet below ground (not electrified there of course) and have a concrete footing along its lower edge.

• Once that fence is complete, begin work on another, identical to the first, set 20 feet inside the last one.

• Once both fences are completed, authorize the Border Patrol to shoot on sight anything that moves between those fences.

• Establish a new law that makes it illegal for any government subsidy to be paid to an illegal immigrant.

• Establish a policy that will allow for a single review for residents covered under the Obama policy. The policy ain't bad, but let's try to make it happen through the legislature like the Constitution declares.

• While all this is going on, drop all the immigration lawsuits against states who are simply trying to do the Federal job the Federal government refuses to do. Deport immediately any illegal alien caught.

• Enact mandatory prison time at a hard labor camp for anyone caught in a second act of violation.

• Once the economy begins to stabilize (I would expect within one year), raise the quotas and streamline the process for immigration through legal channels.

There's your plan.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck

• Begin construction at the Pacific Ocean on a ten-foot tall chain-link electrified fence sitting one foot from the border. This fence should also extend five feet below ground (not electrified there of course) and have a concrete footing along its lower edge.

• Once that fence is complete, begin work on another, identical to the first, set 20 feet inside the last one.

• Once both fences are completed, authorize the Border Patrol to shoot on sight anything that moves between those fences.

• There's not enough American workers willing to work that hard to build that fence. They would have to hire illegals to build it.

To dry up the jobs that illegals take...get rid of the corporate lobbies that keep the immigration laws the way they are that profit from cheap labor. But we both know that's just not gonna happen.

The only thing that matters in a Corporatacracy is profit. That's the way it is and it's not gonna change thru political change from any party. But especially the GOP that is joined at the hip with big business.

Deregulation killed any chance of political sanity. Now that corps are people....
    firmly in control and not about to give up that control to citizens of any color, shape or political persuasion.

Here's a little futuristic prediction for ya...In 5 years there will be Corporate Armies, much like Flucorp international, but on the streets of America and staffed by...you guessed it...Illegals.

It's a brave new world....

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:53 PM
    link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
    reply to post by FlyersFan

So you want America to aspire to be like Mexico???

That is your solution...let's be like Mexico???

This is one of the dumbest arguments in the immigration debate...people take countries that are failing or tyranical and say "Look at their immigration policy".

I always thought Americans were proud of the fact that we do what is right...not that we look to the worst for our examples and try to be just like them.

Seriously...what happened to:

Give me your tired, your poor,
    Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
    Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!

This was a great argument 100 - 200 years ago, when America NEEDED immigrants to survive as a nation.

No longer the case.

I firmly believe that immigrants should be treated under the laws of their home countries if they break the law in a foreign country.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:03 PM
    link   
    reply to post by OutKast Searcher

That is your solution...let's be like Mexico??

That's like most of the World. If I, an American, wanted to move to say the UK I'd have to go through a process nearly identical to that.

Only the USA seems to have, or want, open door immigration. All for the sake of cheap labor, and it's debased the wage growth in this country drastically effecting the middle class.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:06 PM
    link   

Originally posted by Indigo5
    you genuinely have aspirations for the USA to be like Mexico? Or should we adopt their policies? See nothing wrong with that thinking?

When another country has a sound policy that would work well here and would be good for us ... then we should adopt it. What's the matter? You don't like Mexico or Mexicans? Are you raaaaaaaaaaaacist or something?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:19 PM
    link   

Originally posted by muse7
    reply to post by seeker1963

Before you regurgitate any more of your rhetoric, please provide verified and reliable sources which state that the stop-gap measure implemented by obama was amnesty.

And please explain why you think Obama doesn't have the power to do this?
    edit on 6/18/2012 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

Of course it's a form of amnesty! Instead of upholding the laws and deporting illegal immigrants (you understand that the concept of "illegal" involves breaking a law, right?) they are rewarding them with work permits!

Amnesty rewards lawbreakers for breaking the law...

Also, ANY dictator has the power to do these sorts of things - he seizes that power. That's one of the things that makes him dictatorial to begin with!

edit on 2012/6/19 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:32 PM
    link   

Originally posted by olaru12
    reply to post by LUXUS

Did you notice how she blamed all countries immigration problems on the Jews?

Smell an agenda here?

Perhaps she's not a racist but certainly an antisemitic.

oh wait...that is racist!!

Anti Zionist and anti Jew is not the same thing I think you will find!

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:47 PM
    link   
    You know looking at the state of Mexico and the US perhaps Mexico should change its system to ours. What they are doing is clearly not working at all.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:00 PM
    link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd

Originally posted by FlyersFan
    The number of people being allowed to immigrate to Mexico is restricted so that there aren't too many non-native Mexicans. They want to keep Mexico 'Native Mexican'.

You're absolutely right. We should amend American laws to keep it mostly 'Native American'.

Oh, wait...

American born and naturalized citizens are Natives.. I could care less about any sympathy you try to gain for a long lost war that the "poor original natives lost."

Anyone here illegally should be considered a terrorist or drug cartel member and deported under the harshest conditions possible.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:03 PM
    link   
    Obama and company (his NWO controllers) are letting all the illegals in and are going for full amnesty outside of law (illegally for all you sheep who cant read) because they know 75% or more of the illegals will be on some sort of welfare, further creating a dependant voting class, who will, VOTE DEMOCRAT, and vote to, BAN GUNS just so long as that welfare dollar keeps on a comin'. This is why they love illegal immigration, potential voters.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:07 PM
    link   
    reply to post by olaru12

The Democrats are just as responsible for deregulation as the Republicans are. They both answer to the same people, they have ever since 1913 Federal Reserve Act, and the one man that tried to get rid of the banker's power and return it back to the United States Congress, John F. Kennedy, was killed by the bankers, with help from corrupt interests inside the Federal government herself. Ever heard of Glass Stegall? You can thank Clinton for that one. Oh wait, you can also thank him for NAFTA. Gee, thanks so much Bill you've really set us up to fall off a cliff something nice!

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:06 PM
    link   
    If you "sneak" into this country illegally you dont deserve any of the rightsI that US Citizens get... The border is an obvious issue today, and our Govt. , mainly Obama, doesnt care to deport those who come here illegally to start families... If you want to come to USA to live then use the legal channels that are made available to gain access, dont just "sneak" in draining the country of its resources...
    edit on 19-6-2012 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:09 PM
    link   

This is one of the dumbest arguments in the immigration debate...people take countries that are failing or tyranical and say "Look at their immigration policy".

I always thought Americans were proud of the fact that we do what is right...not that we look to the worst for our examples and try to be just like them.

Oh please, go cry a river somewhere else. I don’t have to explain for the billionth time yet again the strain it puts on Americans. I had a good friend get killed some years by one of your illegal alien friends who should not have been here in the first place.

I say catapult them back to whatever ant hill they came out of. You’re more than welcome to join them.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:18 PM
    link   

Originally posted by muse7
    reply to post by FreeFromTheHerd

Are you being serious or are you being this ignorant because you're trying to troll?

You do know that most of the immigrants that were allowed in during the 1900's - 1930's were POOR right?
    Are you serious…Really? Yeah, my great grandparents got off the boat like many others, but they did everything necessary to become American citizens. Are you that ignorant? I thought ATS had standards in allowing people with some common sense to participate on this website. Obviously not…

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:22 PM
    link   

Your post is the typical American knee-jerk reaction that I expect these days. The OP is bringing up a sensible point for discussion and all you can think of is "Mexico --->bad". You didn't even consider what the OP said. No, in your world it's either black or white. It's not possible that a country with a lot of problems, I give you that, could possibly have a better Immigration Policy than the US. No, no. That is not possible because we live in the greatest country on earth.

Engage your brain. Deny ignorance!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join