It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We should have an immigration policy just like Mexico has!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+30 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
People can only immigrate to Mexico if they are doing so LEGALLY. You can only immigrate if you can be useful to the country and can provide an income for yourself (so you won't be taking entitlements from the mexican taxpayer). You can't go to an area if there are too many people and your presence will disrupt public service (like medical care or schooling) for the Mexicans who live there already. The number of people being allowed to immigrate to Mexico is restricted so that there aren't too many non-native Mexicans. They want to keep Mexico 'Native Mexican'. Foreigners entering Mexico illegally are sent to prison for two years. Repeat offenders go to prison for ten. Oh .. and they have a security fence along their southern border to keep out the illegals who come flooding into their country. Seems the Mexicans don't like all the crime that comes in with the illegals ...

Immigration to Mexico

- Only Mexicans by birth or naturalization and Mexican companies have the right to acquire ownership of lands, waters, and their appurtenances, or to obtain concessions for the exploitation of mines or of waters.

- "The Law of Population" is to regulate immigration as to volume, structure, and distribution. This law was written to distribute immigrants across Mexico.[4] Immigration must be deemed appropriate, and assimilate to the national average and their proper distribution throughout the country.[article 3, section 7]

- Foreign nationals are restricted when the national interest so requires.[article 3, section 8]

- Immigration to urban population centers can be restricted to ensure effective delivery public services.[article 3, section 9]

- The immigration of foreigners is allowed according to their potential to contribute to national progress.[article 32]

- Foreigners are subject to approval concerning appropriate activities they will pursue, and the location of residence.[article 34]

- Immigrants must be useful elements for the country and have the income needed for subsistence and persons under their economic dependence.[article 34]

- Foreigners may be denied entry for the following reasons, if: No international reciprocity, The national demographic balance is altered, It is deemed harmful to the national economic interests, he/she has violated national law or have a poor record abroad, deemed not physically or mentally healthy

Washington Times - Mexico's Illegals Law Tougher than Arizonas

Under the Mexican law, illegal immigration is a felony, punishable by up to two years in prison. Immigrants who are deported and attempt to re-enter can be imprisoned for 10 years. Visa violators can be sentenced to six-year terms. Mexicans who help illegal immigrants are considered criminals.

The law also says Mexico can deport foreigners who are deemed detrimental to “economic or national interests,” violate Mexican law, are not “physically or mentally healthy” or lack the “necessary funds for their sustenance” and for their dependents.

A Fence For the Southern Border of Mexico

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

So you want America to aspire to be like Mexico???

That is your solution...let's be like Mexico???

This is one of the dumbest arguments in the immigration debate...people take countries that are failing or tyranical and say "Look at their immigration policy".

I always thought Americans were proud of the fact that we do what is right...not that we look to the worst for our examples and try to be just like them.

Seriously...what happened to:

Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Those are all, actually, really horrible ideas.

The law also says Mexico can deport foreigners who are deemed detrimental to “economic or national interests,”

So...after 9/11 we could just decide we don't want those of arab decent in the nation, or after the great depression we could just 'blame the jews' and deport them too.

violate Mexican law,

If the US adopted it's own type of law, you're arguing we should be allowed to deport criminals based on...what? If a foreign national commits a crime in America, they're deported. If they're citizens but were born elsewhere, do you suggest we deport them based on that?

are not “physically or mentally healthy”

I hear a lot of talk about how 'the left' wants some sort of eugenics program or something. It's completely false but it sounds like you wouldn't mind.

or lack the “necessary funds for their sustenance” and for their dependents.

Ah...so we should deport poor people because they're poor. We'll simply eliminate class warfare by deporting the lower class.

And you talk about freedom.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I want the same policy for Canada, I better go to the UN and see if we can change things. Luckily for me the UN is just up the street in a pool hall, every country has reps there, maybe they can help.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Your absolutely right, Mexico is a beacon of good policy. Their government makes all the right choices, this only makes sense to start taking advice from them...
edit on 18-6-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
The number of people being allowed to immigrate to Mexico is restricted so that there aren't too many non-native Mexicans. They want to keep Mexico 'Native Mexican'.

You're absolutely right. We should amend American laws to keep it mostly 'Native American'.

Oh, wait...

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd

The number of people being allowed to immigrate to Mexico is restricted so that there aren't too many non-native Mexicans. They want to keep Mexico 'Native Mexican'.

You're absolutely right. We should amend American laws to keep it mostly 'Native American'.

Oh, wait...

I swear...some people, like the OP, don't really think things through before they post them.

Let's keep America "Native"...and let's look to one of the most corupt governments for advice....bravo OP....great advice.

+12 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

This is one of the dumbest arguments in the immigration debate...people take countries that are failing or tyranical and say "Look at their immigration policy".

what a "dumb" assessment

Where did he say that he wanted the USA to be like Mexico- he is commenting on one aspect of Mexico which he feels the USA should emulate, yet you find this amazing as if the USA has nothing to learn from Mexico or is better than Mexico at everything- what sort of supremacist thinking is this

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
So if people know that the Government is the reason for our immigration problems, why do so many members constantly got to bad mouth illegals.

If you put half your energy into lobbying legislation against illegals as you do bad mouthing them, your fear of illegal immigration might be taken care of.

Amazing how the same politicians who cry about illegal immigration ruining our country, seldom do anything to solve the problem..Yet they keep getting reelected on the same ol platform.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd

Oh, wait...

Checks self...
"SAFE!"

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Seriously...what happened to:

Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!

That is just a phrase on the statue of liberty, thankfully it carries no weight in governmental policy.

Nor should it ever. Poor immigrants should never be allowed into the U.S..

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
It is sad that Mexico, whose citizens are coming to the US in droves, has a policy that makes much more sense that the US policy. What gets me is that the Federal government is doing absolutely nothing to stop the illegal immigration, and is doing more to encourage it from what I can tell. Here is the truth: Illegal immigrants, as a majority, are a leech on any country's economy.

Why? Because they don't pay taxes, for one, and they also will accept pay that is way below the legal limit. I don't care what anybody says, this hurts the country as a whole. Not to mention the strain on public assistance, which is a joke that they can actually get this. Plus the population problems, and other problems caused by an influx of people, including waste disposal, etc...

So no one should fool themselves, as illegal immigration is not only breaking the law, which everyone should respect, but it puts pressure on those here legally and who obey the rules. No one should be rewarded for breaking the law, but illegal immigrants are. How is that okay? If you are a person who thinks illegal immigration is okay, then you are someone who does not respect the rule of law, and it is people like you who are the problem in America. People overstepping their boundaries, including politicians, because they don't respect the laws of their country. I don't care if you think the laws are stupid or not, they still must be obeyed.

link   
reply to post by FreeFromTheHerd

Are you being serious or are you being this ignorant because you're trying to troll?

You do know that most of the immigrants that were allowed in during the 1900's - 1930's were POOR right?

link   

While I disagree that the United States should have an exact immigration policy as Mexico (we shouldn't be discrimminating immigrants based on ethnicity and race like Mexico does), I agree that we need a solid immigration policy where we ensure potential citizens will contribute to society, will be an asset, and will put this country first above the rest. We shouldn't force foreigners to speak english or practice American traditions, but we shouldn't have to tolerate it either. Personally I think it's disrespectful to come to a country and not know the language. So there are some points I agree with ya on FF and some points I do not....

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I think that any country's citizens that mass enter the USA should have to follow the same immigration laws of their own country. THEIR citizens KNOW the law. They aren't coming here naive. And, if any of you have read the Mexico immigration laws, they are so strict it is amazing. Take the time to really read them.
edit on 18-6-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
This however, bothers me, in more ways than one.

The U.S. Border Patrol is now the largest arms-bearing branch of the U.S. government save the military itself, with an annual budget of $1.4 billion.”

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
youtu.be...
edit on 06/18/12 ? by SickeningTruths because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

I swear...some people, like the OP, don't really think things through before they post them.

I feel badly for you. I really do. :shk:

Originally posted by jam321
If you put half your energy into lobbying legislation against illegals as you do bad mouthing them, your fear of illegal immigration might be taken care of.

1 - it isn't 'bad mouthing' illegals to state the truth .. they are illegals and they have a negative impact on the USA.
2 - Exposing the fact that illegal immigration is bad for America doesn't make a person 'fearful'. It just makes them a truth teller.

What's wrong with the Mexican immigration policy? What's the matter? Are you racist against Mexicans? You must be. Their policy is perfect. It makes great sense. So why not adopt a policy that comes from Mexico if it works? The only reason could be that you don't like brown skinned people.

+14 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
WOW! The hypocracy of those of you who castrate the OP! You support a lawless government in our country who violates our laws, but you think that Mexico is so horrible for at least upholding the laws that they have?
I can't speak for the OP, but I can bet my ass, that this was posted to show those of you who think our laws are sooooooo horrible and that you support a POTUS that violates our laws how ridiculous you guys really look!!

I won't name names, but you know who you are!!

You sit here on ATS and slam the hell out of every American and every immigrant who is speaking out against the back door amnesty that has been dictatorially implement into our country, and yet you have the cajones to get outraged at someone who points out the obvious??

I suppose all of you just love the hell out of Calderone??? You know the idiot in charge of Mexico who is applauding our dictator in chief but yet is the one that supports these laws that you all find so horrible? The one that is holding out his hands for more weapons from the ATF and Eric Holder???

The left/right ridiculousness of the United States of America only proves one thing to me! We are a lost cause and our status as a super power is DONE!!!

I just want to thank all of you for getting so involved in the left right rhetoric, that the whole time you have been fighting over ridiculousness, that you are as instrumental in the destruction of our country as those who are in charge flushing it down the toilet! I really hope that when we all have to line up for the same little bit of food that they make us line up for in political lines! Long lines for the Dems, long lines for the Repubs! Me, I will be in the short line, because I realized that both parties are one and the damn same, and they were built that way to cause division! Division that has turned a once great country into a politically oriented flustercluck!!!

Heil Obama!!!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join