It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We should have an immigration policy just like Mexico has!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Great post. Who would have thought that Mexico could be so strict. That phrase that was thrown out there, that..".Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled mass's" That's the problem with illegal imigration into the USA. Because that's all we ever get, is the tired, the poor, and the huddled.

If the illegals were bringing something to the table , other than just taking from the table, it would not be like it is. If we were getting, rocket scientist's & IT professionals & doctors & lawyers, we would'nt be having this discussion. But all we ever get are the ones who rake the table clean. Don't kid yourself, the illegals know our system, they know how to manipulate it to their advantage. I know this because they have told me so themselves.

I worked them in the electrical construction industry for way to many years. Good workers, because their illegal.
So given the stance of their own country on illegal immigration, we look like fools. Sometimes you just can't make everybody happy. That's the problem, try to just make us hard working, tax paying, born & rasied in America, Americans happy for a change. And for the record, if you don't live in America and you were'nt born here, just where do you have a say on the issue? Really?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I've heard of their immigration before, and couldn't agree more with you.

Mexico doesn't make it easy on their immigrants why should we. The thing that happened with the "youth" amnesty" was indeed a slap to the face on all those who did it right way. I say "youth" with quotation marks because it includes people up to 30? They're that old they should have been seeking legal immigration procedure before now. An instant vote getter, is what it is.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I think what happened to "give us your poor..." etc., etc., is that this is no longer the 19th or even 20th century. This is no longer a fairly empty land needing to be filled, this is no longer a country that needs immigrants to fill that void. While America, at least in theory, should be that "shining example", that means EXAMPLE.... something for others in their own countries to strive for. Freedoms that we have here. That does not mean everyone should actually COME here, just maybe..... fix their own countries? And this is not to say we have the best system or best country, but there are others that are far worse. No voting, no freedom of speech or the press, no way to protest in reasonable safety. There are many civilized countries that have these rights! I am not putting down those countries, mostly the dictatorial ones, whether military or religious, that keep their people in thrall. There is a difference between an example to follow and a place to invade through illegal immigration. And sorry, but perhaps we have run out of room for allllll the poor to come here; our economy is not in the best of shape, nor are our social programs for our own citizens.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   

This raises some fundamental flaws in the US Immigration policies for sure. However, neither system is sound or functioning the way it is. The crazy thing is that Mexico has many many modern laws on the books that on paper set a true legal standard. The problem is that they cannot or do not enforce those laws properly most of the time.

Mexico's modern law makers are very intuitive and profound in my humble opinion. I hope one day they can stamp out the rampant criminal organizations and increase there economy. Mexico is improving though. It can be a shining example of what other Nations could achieve eventually.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flint2011
Mexico's modern law makers are very intuitive and profound in my humble opinion..

They are putting their country first. They understand that this is what their country needs to survive. It's a good policy. It works a heck of a lot better than throwing the doors wide open like some here want to do with the USA.

Those that scream that the USA is racist for not wanting illegals then turn around and put their noses in the air saying that Mexico's policy isn't any good because it's Mexican.
Hypocisy.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

What you seem to not grasp is that, with the exclusion of the buying of property in the restricted zone, the US law is about the same. The problem isn't the laws on the books but lack of enforcement.

It is estimated that 400,000 immigrants cross Mexico every year to enter the US despite the Mexican immigration laws and the fact that the US has pushed for Mexico to increase security on its southern border.

The Forgotten Border: Migration and Human Rights at Mexico's Southern Border

In 2008, the U.S. Congress will consider giving $1 billion in assistance to Mexico as part of the “Merida Initiative.” As programs in this aid package are framed as support for human interdiction, border security and law enforcement activities, it is critical that policymakers and advocates gain a clearer understanding of the broader context in which human rights abuses take place in Mexico’s southern border region to ensure that U.S. policy, and in particular, the Merida Initiative, does not aggravate a precarious situation any further.

edit on 20-6-2012 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Why are there so many morons in this thread?
Illegal immigration is horrible, and the US should enforce much stricter immigration measures.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   

They want to keep Mexico 'Native Mexican'.

As a natural born American I at all don't care for a policy such as the implemented here. I believe our country thrives on diversity. And should we really be looking for policies to imitate form a country that doesn't have a handle on its own affairs?

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

So you want America to aspire to be like Mexico???

That is your solution...let's be like Mexico???

This is one of the dumbest arguments in the immigration debate...people take countries that are failing or tyranical and say "Look at their immigration policy".

I always thought Americans were proud of the fact that we do what is right...not that we look to the worst for our examples and try to be just like them.

Seriously...what happened to:

Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!

I don't always agree with you outkast but you hit the nail on the head 100% here!
edit on 6/26/2012 by Mcupobob because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mcupobob
should we really be looking for policies to imitate form a country that doesn't have a handle on its own affairs?

By the looks of the Mexico policy .. and how it puts Mexico first ... I'd say they have a great handle on their own immigration affairs. They send the drug criminals to the USA (or to live on our border) and they don't let anyone in their country unless they can benefit society with an important skill. They send unskilled laborers out of the country to the USA in order to work and send money back to Mexico. That's having a handle on it's own immigration affairs pretty darn well.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   

So you want an immigration policy thats exports drug cartels and to be frank indentured slaves. Thats not solving a problem thats trying to move it to your neighbors yard and creating a whole bunch of new ones.

Though I doubt that the Mexican government is behind moving drug cartels and unskilled labor to America.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join