It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We should have an immigration policy just like Mexico has!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Si Amiga, that's a great idea.
If things keep going the way they are maybe some day this will happen.
Of course, only after this country turns into Mexico and we are start migrating to Canada.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
There isn't a country on this planet that doesn't have strict immigration laws, I don't know what is happening to America, we been sold out.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
We should have an immigration policy just like Mexico has!!
No but neither should we be employing social workers who hand out publicly funded assistance cardslike they were dealers at a blackjack table either. That is part of the plan to create resentment against a target group that can be easilly sacrificed.

The gov will not do anything about illegal immigration because it is a divide and conquor tactic.
I have a lot more in common with illegal immigrants than I do with the 1% and the 1%rs want Us all to just go away and die.

The 1%ers look at the rest of the world like the are animals in a zoo, unless we are standing up to them and then they look at us like we are vermin.
edit on 19-6-2012 by VforVendettea because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
There isn't a country on this planet that doesn't have strict immigration laws, I don't know what is happening to America, we been sold out.

Actually America does have strict immigration laws. It's just that we have very long borders, largely open and people just walk across. And find plenty of jobs paying them slave wages. Sections of The American economy is largely based on immigrant labor in the service industries. The meat packing industry would fold up with out cheap labor as would the hotel/maid sector and there are plenty more. If they work and pay taxes.....amnesty.

www.uscis.gov... 29c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD
edit on 19-6-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
Seriously...what happened to:

Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!

What happened? the U.S. went $16 trillion in debt. The U.S. can't even afford its current citizens. Math is awesome.

/TOA

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

We even have a quota system:

The number of legal immigrants allowed is anywhere from 700,000 to 900,000 on an annual basis.

Immigration to the United States

So we can all rest easy for the rest of this year, because the 800,000 or so illegals that just got amnesty meets that quota for the year! And, as we all know, our government will fully enforce and support the current immigration laws we have on the books!

/TOA

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Politicians are sacrificing the future of the United States because they are afraid of offending an ever growing voting bloc.

That is treasonous, and each and every member of Congress who has done nothing about illegal immigration should be considered an enemy of the people and treated accordingly.

In the year 2100, the U.S. will look nothing like it does currently, or has throughout its history. If these jackasses had actually done their job, this voting bloc they are currently pandering to wouldn't be what it is today.

Their failure to act has destroyed the future of this nation. They must be held responsible.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Yes the government needs to be held responsible, but they aren't! It's much easier to place the blame on those that Americans think are so far below them. This issue could have easily been solved, but guess what people? They don't WANT to solve it...they benefit far too much from illegal immigrants to make real changes to this system. People don't want to accept the fact that the government sees them as no different than any Jose crossing the border. Hurts doesn't it? But yeah...keep complaining about those guys who "disrespect" you by not speaking English. That's what the big G wants.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

All I see is a bunch of derailers. If mexico wants to be hardline and have rules in place, it is up the there citizens to agree with or disagree and change the rules. Same as the US policies. However, if an adjoining country/continet has such rules in place, it is up to us to respect that. Also, it is up to us to decide if we want to emulate those restrictions/privaliges in our policies as well. My opinion is we are doing a terrible job in regards to our immigration process, and hardshipping our citizens. But, I can clearly see where the Op is coming from. It's all about double standards, and considering our Govt to there Govt relationship, its down right rude for Our Govt to allow such lenient standards and lax of law to enforce. But, I definately agree with the op. And I see nowhere of any statements reflecting that he/she saying they want to go and live in mexico. Seems to me the op is pointing out facts and that is all.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

reply to post by FlyersFan

So you want America to aspire to be like Mexico???

That is your solution...let's be like Mexico???

This is one of the dumbest arguments in the immigration debate...people take countries that are failing or tyranical and say "Look at their immigration policy".

I always thought Americans were proud of the fact that we do what is right...not that we look to the worst for our examples and try to be just like them.

You blast FlyersFan for his post and actually call it one of the dumbest ideas, yet you want everyone else to simply agree with your constant generalizing statements about us as Americans. I can't quite get you! In one breath you talk as though you are not American and bash us then in the next you are stating as if you are American. This is by definition a TROLL. Here is the thread you started proclaiming all sorts of things about us Americans...www.abovetopsecret.com... it is nice to know that you seem to think you speak for the rest of us! You offer your opinions as fact and lash out at FlyersFan because! he puts his opinion in. HYPOCRITICAL...you are
edit on 6/19/2012 by CaptGizmo because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/19/2012 by CaptGizmo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

So you want America to aspire to be like Mexico???

That is your solution...let's be like Mexico???

This is one of the dumbest arguments in the immigration debate...people take countries that are failing or tyranical and say "Look at their immigration policy".

I always thought Americans were proud of the fact that we do what is right...not that we look to the worst for our examples and try to be just like them.

No, he wants a better imigration policy, like Mexicos.
Doing whats right is starting to take its toll on this country. We need to take a stand and do whats right for the country, not the people coming here illegally.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Collectivism happened.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
OK, so let's say a "policy" is enacted tomorrow. Now what? It's pretty easy to be for or against anything. Explain your realistic plan to even enforce such a policy.

1. The money. We all know people around here are hating the big spending of government. Well, guess what? Tack on a chunk of change.

2. What's your plan to identify them as illegal and where are you taking them prior to deportation? Perhaps a roving band of "enforcers" who show up in your town and everyone must report in and provide "papers"? You know how that would go over, huh?

3. So, what, a wall of titanium 300 feet high along the entire southern border?

4. Is the nation prepared for the loss of sales tax dollars of millions less people spending money?

5. Is the nation prepared for the cost of most food to triple in price?

Where is your complete plan to not only end illegal immigration, but remove those already here, keep them out, and handle the economic impact? It's easy to be for it, but not so easy to figure out how to make it work.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Bottom line is, instead of the US Government fighting with states when they try to enforce immigration laws the federal government needs to actually enforce the laws themselves.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Yea, the businesses are tired of paying us "top dollar," so they welcome all the illegals who will work for less. There may not even be very many of them working illegally, but it's enough to piss off Americans during this time when work is hard to find. They don't care if it divides our nation. The people themselves don't rally together enough. Take to the streets! This country is slowly falling apart but people seem to rather ignore it until it's too late. If the changes come slowly enough, few people get upset. Lost cause.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheTardis
Bottom line is, instead of the US Government fighting with states when they try to enforce immigration laws the federal government needs to actually enforce the laws themselves.

Haven't they:
abcnews.go.com...

Deportation under Obama has hit some real milestones for those immigrant haters out there. Still hasn't helped our economy out much. Hell I think it's actually hurt it.

link   
I've heard alot over the past few months about America and immigration. One of the things that I've wondered about is the limit in which America can have a sustainable population. I know its roughly, I believe 300 million at present, would the American posters on here see that as sustainable at present?

Britain's immigration problem certainly isn't sustainable, but while Businesses prosper from cheap labour and devaluing wages then I do believe that the yearly figure of 200k will continue, if not increase. However, this is totally unsustainable and all independent researches predicting the effects of popultation growth have suggested that should Britain hit its predicted 70mil figure, 3/4 attributed to immigration, in 20 years time, there is not one public service that would be able to cope at current funding levels and this is without the millions of homes needed. However, Brtain is tiny and at present it really feels crowded, everywhere, from hospitals to police stations to prisons to schools, to on the roads and on the pavements, the place is packed and we are only at 63mil (approx).

America is vast, so I don't suppose land is a major issue as it is in Britain, but still, you can't build on it forever. The biggest issue I should imagine is public services and from what I've read there are various states that have cut back on public services.

The issue of immigration always begs me to ask (cultural conflict aside), how can people be for it when the following is so blatantly obvious;

1) Unemployment exists and is increasing (can't these people be trained or made to work?)
2) Public Services are cutting back (so why would you increase the pressure by increasing the population?)

After reading the OP, I have to say Mexico seems to have it spot on. However, I would love to know how Americans feel about immigration. In Britain and having lived and grown up in a majority immigrant community, I absolutely hated it and my life was hell, as was every white English kid/family and I find it interesting that most of the people who are for immigration, have never lived in such communities. How can you be for something without experiencing it? Anyhow, I just wondered if immigrants in America adapted better or basically set up their own country in communities and follow their own laws and rules, like over here. Not that this has any bearing on my initial argument of how can immigration continue at such high rates when there is such high unemployment and cut backs on public services?

link   

Originally posted by TheTardis

Yep they always blame the States yet when the States want to make a law they don't agree with then they want to stomp on their rights. The FED has become nothing more than a micro manager in a Corporate fascist run system now.

Live long and prosper...hehe

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

That's all well and good, but considering that ALL immigration to the US from south America goes through Mexico, I doubt the reality is like it is presented on paper.

I think it is a good policy. I don't know how in the hell they would ever enforce it. They are pretty harsh in Mexico with illegal immigration staying there. The fact is most if not all illegal immigration is just passing through towards the US.

I know allot of people that have stayed in Mexico because they found jobs while there and stayed a while so as to save some money and later continue onwards to the US.

IMO the problem is that while these countries are mineral rich countries with many exports, they don't own the rights to them. Foreign companies have bought them up and exploit them to the determent of the general population.

If they had access to their wealth, we would not have them in the numbers we do now.

What is the benefit of having our companies in their countries? None, for us at least. The price doesn't change, the quality is worse and of course we can't count on those jobs. The only benefit is to flagless disloyal multinational companies that hurt the world one country at a time.

The end result is that these immigrants travel and suffer tremendously trying to secure some of the wealth we hoard over in our nations.

IMO Europe has no business in south America. Neither does the US. They should sell us the raw materials at a just price and we should sell the end product at a just price. It's a win for all.

What happens is the opposite.

It is irrelevant what immigration policy we pass on our side of the border since the problem is still the same. It is like treating the symptoms instead of the disease.

edit on 19-6-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
People can only immigrate to Mexico if they are doing so LEGALLY.

This is not true there are illegals living in mexico.

US immigration policy is the same as mexico's which is why many don't bother going through legal hoops, they just wouldn't be allowed in legally.

This is what crossing the border into mexico looks like. Despite the strong sounding legislation it looks like they are even softer than the US about keeping people out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join