It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We should have an immigration policy just like Mexico has!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by links234
So...after 9/11 we could just decide we don't want those of arab decent in the nation, or after the great depression we could just 'blame the jews' and deport them too.

And why would we do that? You make no sense. No where in that Mexican policy does it say to deport a whole ethnic/religious group of people based upon the actions of a few who share the same views. Epic fail on your part.

I hear a lot of talk about how 'the left' wants some sort of eugenics program or something. It's completely false but it sounds like you wouldn't mind.

Oh? And what EXACTLY have I said that could possibly lead any rational thinking human being to come to the conclusion that I 'wouldn't mind' a eugenics program? :shk: I can't wait for your answer ... I have a feeling it'll be a whopper and I'll enjoy shredding it to pieces ..

.so we should deport poor people because they're poor. We'll simply eliminate class warfare by deporting the lower class.

You didn't read the immigration policy .. did you? Nope. Just spouting nonsense. No where does it say to deport all the poor people of Mexico (although Mexico is doing that by ILLEGALLY pushing them on the USA) . It says that IMMIGRANTS can not be poor. They must be self sustaining. It's a good econmic policy for a country. It doesn't over burden those who are already living there legally.

And you talk about freedom.

And you think you know what you are talking about

FACT ... Mexico whines about the USA not letting in all the illegals that they ship up to us. All the poor and the drug runners .... ALL PEOPLE THAT MEXICO ITSELF WOULD NOT ACCEPT. They whine about us having a security fence when in fact they are putting up their own security fence to stop illegals from entering their country. Mexico is running a double standard. It's very obvious.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Before you regurgitate any more of your rhetoric, please provide verified and reliable sources which state that the stop-gap measure implemented by obama was amnesty.

And please explain why you think Obama doesn't have the power to do this?
edit on 6/18/2012 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I would like to reiterate your question: "What's wrong with the Mexican immigration policy? " And, I would like American Citizens to answer the question. Because, someday, I might want to live in Mexico. It is a beautiful country, can sustain it's own foods (much to many peoples' surprise) and has a pleasant climate and a lot of room!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963
I can't speak for the OP, but I can bet my ass, that this was posted to show those of you who think our laws are sooooooo horrible and that you support a POTUS that violates our laws how ridiculous you guys really look!!

There ya' go! A person with a functioning brain.
Refreshing.

Mexico actually has a very good policy .. it puts Mexico and Mexicans FIRST.
America should do the same. It should put America and Americans FIRST.
Mexico's immigration laws are a heck of a lot tougher than ours ...
and yet the far left says we are the bad guys and Mexico whines about our
self protection laws. Bah!

It's time for America to put America first.
That includes tougher immigration laws and a border fence for security.
JUST LIKE MEXICO HAS!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gridrebel
I would like to reiterate your question: "What's wrong with the Mexican immigration policy? "

Answer .. not a darn thing. It's a very good policy. It protects Mexicans and it protects the Mexican country economically. They push their poor and under educated out of the country (and onto us) and all the while only allow immigrants into the country that can be self sustaining and 'contribute' to the society. They do not allow over-immigration because they know a society can absorb just so many new people. The Mexican policy protects Mexico. It puts Mexico first - as it should.

It's a good policy and one that we should adopt as our own.
America first. Americans first.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

I can't speak for the OP, but I can bet my ass, that this was posted to show those of you who think our laws are sooooooo horrible and that you support a POTUS that violates our laws how ridiculous you guys really look!!

There ya' go! A person with a functioning brain.
Refreshing.

Mexico actually has a very good policy .. it puts Mexico and Mexicans FIRST.
America should do the same. It should put America and Americans FIRST.
Mexico's immigration laws are a heck of a lot tougher than ours ...
and yet the far left says we are the bad guys and Mexico whines about our
self protection laws. Bah!

It's time for America to put America first.
That includes tougher immigration laws and a border fence for security.
JUST LIKE MEXICO HAS!

I happen to agree with you. Maybe I should have stated American citizens who disagree with the Mexican Immigration Law.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7

You do know that most of the immigrants that were allowed in during the 1900's - 1930's were POOR right?

As the saying famously goes, "times have changed".

We are a different nation, we have a higher standard of living, the nation doesn't need a population increase as it did then, etc etc.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7

And please explain why you think Obama doesn't have the power to do this?
edit on 6/18/2012 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

You are asking someone to prove a negative lol.

Why don't you quote which section of the Constitution gives Obama the power to do this?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeFromTheHerd

Why don't you quote which section of the Constitution gives Obama the power to do this?

Article 2, section 1 clause 1 of the US Constitution, also known as the 'executive powers clause'.

Presidents have been writing executive orders since 1789. It's hardly a new thing.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd

Article 2, section 1 clause 1 of the US Constitution, also known as the 'executive powers clause'.

Presidents have been writing executive orders since 1789. It's hardly a new thing.

Lol seriously?

Perhaps you should research that clause, and specifically the history of it.

Under no circumstances, ever, does executive power give the President the power to circumvent Congress.

It pertains to Cabinet positions, command of the military, appointments, and to an extent, treaty ratifications.

If you truly believe his amnesty falls under executive power, you are sadly mistaken at best, and Constitutionally ignorant at worst.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

WOW! The hypocracy of those of you who castrate the OP!

Castrate a woman....

How does that work?

To the point...blanket amnesty for any Mexican holding a job and paying taxes.
edit on 19-6-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreeFromTheHerd

Lol seriously?

Perhaps you should research that clause, and specifically the history of it.

Under no circumstances, ever, does executive power give the President the power to circumvent Congress.

Your criticisms are valid, and I would agree with you that the constitutionality of executive orders is 'iffy' at best.

However I have researched the history of that clause, and historically that clause is the basis for executive powers including executive orders, and has been interpreted as the basis for those powers since 1789.

In other words, you and I might not like it, but that's the constitutional basis.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by fourthmeal

Originally posted by drwizardphd

Originally posted by FlyersFan
The number of people being allowed to immigrate to Mexico is restricted so that there aren't too many non-native Mexicans. They want to keep Mexico 'Native Mexican'.

You're absolutely right. We should amend American laws to keep it mostly 'Native American'.

Oh, wait...

Checks self...
"SAFE!"

????

Now, how is this even relevant?

Racism is rampant on ATS.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Last post-Page1.

Nailed it.

And its funny how I see the SAME people saying the SAME things OVER and OVER in EVERY illegal immigration thread.

trying to acti ike ATS bullies.

Dont think we dont see it.

_edit to add- Its called Illegal Immigration for a reason.
edit on 19-6-2012 by Common Good because: typo

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Not to mention that the Mexican Government is so corrupt you could probably buy your way around those immigration laws rather easily.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Wow great Idea.
What other countries that you think you are better than now would you like to be more like? Iraq? France?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Wow ... sounds like Mexico has the right idea. Maybe we will grow some balls and deport all Illegals on a mass scale.

The people who Hire Illegal immigrants should be given a hefty fine. Hell , i would be willing to let the illegal immigrants stay if we put a 100,000 $ fine per illegal immigrant knowingly hired by a company. They will go away on their own.

2nd
edit on 19-6-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
There are some idiotic arguments against OP in this thread.

reply to post by drwizardphd

You're absolutely right. We should amend American laws to keep it mostly 'Native American'. Oh, wait...

Your point? Native Americans lacked a comprehensive and well-enforced immigration policy. Thats why they ended up like they ended up. The whole "Native American" argument in fact supports the OP.

So you want America to aspire to be like Mexico???

There is no reason to think Mexican immigration policy causes their problems. So, why not, in this case?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfoKartel
"Let him without sin cast the first stone"
But then again, Catholics aren't Christian enough to heed Jesus his words.

You really should try to stay on topic and stop with the off topic attacks.
BTW ... your continued lie that I'm a practicing Catholic is getting VERY OLD.

Originally posted by habitforming
What other countries that you think you are better than now would you like to be more like? Iraq? France?

Any country that has a policy better than ours should be looked at.
People snub their noses at the Mexican policy ... 'Mexico is a 3rd world country' they falsely claim.
Sounds like they are just a bunch of raaaaaaaaaaaaacists to me.

The policy is sound. It works. It's good for their country. We should do the same.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join