It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Extremely High Tech Civilization Definitely Existed In The Distant Past Of Our Planet

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

The Triptych is where your answers lie...

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas

The Triptych is where your answers lie...

Oh and which triptych do you refer to?

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

All of them..

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ashleygwsmart

There's been life on Earth for much longer than the Pleiades have existed. They are one of the least likely places for us to find life as we know it. Let alone pyramid building humanoids.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

All of them..

Well when you get around to pointing out what you're talking about...I'll be waiting

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

These triptychs...

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

These triptychs...

You could include more cultures and civilzations if you just went with one entry.....

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

So 4 different civilizations built the same kind of pyramids with the same kinds of entrances? What about the Corbel arch that is present in the same pyramids?
edit on 30-6-2012 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I agree , i mean look at the ancient Egypt with all those light bulbs.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

So 4 different civilizations built the same kind of pyramids with the same kinds of entrances? What about the Corbel arch that is present in the same pyramids?

Ah so we FINALLY get to your point, thanks

The Temple of Kukulkan was built around 1,000 AD +- 100 years as a temple with entrances at the top on all four sides, the step pyramid was built 4,700 years ago, with a single entrance - which was sealed, the Saqqara pyramid doesn't have that entrance to it, what you are looking at is a modern reconstruction of the entry hall to the mortuary complex. I don't recognize the other two so I can't see what their physical layout is or when they were built.

Corbel arches are used by those who cannot build a real arch, or they continue the older less efficient practice for traditional reasons

So with a difference of 3,700 years in construction ......for different reasons, by different people, with different religions......

edit on 30/6/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Well, i build Corbel Arches in Minecraft because it only has blocks.

I think the arched doorway is a nonstarter. It seems like the arched doorway is a basic design that uses simple physics, and would be repeated by any human culture that tries to build. We are talking about people who didn't have tv for a distraction, and were ardent observers of nature. The strength of the arch would have been readily obvious to even the average intellects among the early humans.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

Well, i build Corbel Arches in Minecraft because it only has blocks.

I think the arched doorway is a nonstarter.

????

It seems like the arched doorway is a basic design that uses simple physics, and would be repeated by any human culture that tries to build.

A few cultures used it sparingly in Mesopotamia and Middle-East back to the 2000 BC, it only became common with the Romans and their use of concrete and brick. To other cultures the corbel arch was used, it was easier to build but used up more space, however it eliminated lateral stress

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Way to avoid the question.. Why did the same civilizations that built pyramids, built triptychs, and also built the Corbel arch? Why the same architecture in these far flung civilizations? Why do Freemasons and Shriners use the triptych? Why are cathedrals built the same way?

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Way to avoid the question..

I answered it, you provided information I could use for just two of the civilizations, Djosers and El Castillo

Djosers doesn't have the entrance you assigned to it, the temple atop the El castillo has entrances on all four sides, which not all are three.....? so?

Why did the same civilizations that built pyramids, built triptychs, and also built the Corbel arch?

If you want to build an entrance that's the easiest way other than a lintel - how would you do it without an arch?

Why the same architecture in these far flung civilizations?

Its not you're using a very small sample (incorrectly too) what are the two other 'pyramids' you ID? Second time I've asked that, please provide the anwer.....unless you have no idea.....

Why do Freemasons and Shriners use the triptych?

No idea - not quite an area of interest to archaeologists

Why are cathedrals built the same way?
Sound like a religion and architecture question

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

You took it too literal.. The civilizations that built the pyramids that were the same ones that built those triptych's. The triptychs were not meant to go with the pyramids. As for what the last two pyramids are, your ending acts as if you already know. Yet, if you do already know then why ask other than to find some other way to steer an argument? If you genuinely don't know, I'll tell you. Or you can take the personal responsibility for yourself. My username isn't Google.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
it's very possible

homo sapien sapien has had the same size brain for about 100,000 years I believe, so it could be the case that a local population had a monumental breakthrough 20,000 years ago

I just haven't seen any evidence yet

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Way to avoid the question.. Why did the same civilizations that built pyramids, built triptychs, and also built the Corbel arch? Why the same architecture in these far flung civilizations? Why do Freemasons and Shriners use the triptych? Why are cathedrals built the same way?

Let me answer for han on this one.
Answer: Because it is quicker to count to 3 than 4.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

You took it too literal.. The civilizations that built the pyramids that were the same ones that built those triptych's. The triptychs were not meant to go with the pyramids. As for what the last two pyramids are, your ending acts as if you already know. Yet, if you do already know then why ask other than to find some other way to steer an argument? If you genuinely don't know, I'll tell you. Or you can take the personal responsibility for yourself. My username isn't Google.

You copied the image from somewhere - it is your responsibility to defend and explain it, not me, as I suspected you're using 'evidence' you don't even understand, it appears this is information from Richard Cassaro, who is mason conspiracy enthusist......just to e clear, I don't know the identities of the two 'pyramids' on the right

Yes your going for the 'common unknown advanced civilization' idea. The problem, as noted in my first post after I figured out what your objective was, was to note the great age discrepancy between the two constructions.

How do you explain or incorporate these structures into coherent idea that supports an unknown culture if they were built 3,700 years apart?

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by AndyMayhew

PLEIADES CLUSTER...NGC 1432....440 Light Years Away. Average age of Stars...which are actually about 100 in number with SEVEN ANCIENT NAMED...but ASTEROPE is actually a DOUBLE STAR thus the SEVEN SISTERS are actually EIGHT.

These stars are many times brighter and larger than SOL thus they are Younger...MUCH YOUNGER...as the average age is about 78 MILLION YEARS OLD.

Life was on Earth way before they existed. Although the Gas Cloud that envelops them as well as many White Dwarfs as well as Brown Dwarfs may be BILLIONS of years old so the question and the answer as it pertains to the STATEMENT is variable.

Split Infinity

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Do you think that the Mayans saw the Egyptian triptych? Richard Cassaro is irrelevant. Why the picture was borrowed from him was done for convenience. There are always people that will find ways to dismiss whatever they'd like. No it had nothing to do with 3 being easier to build than 4. It has to deal with the esoteric knowledge. I understood his research just fine actually.

Why is the triptych found in all pyramid building societies? Regardless of the age difference in the ones built, there are others that were built in the same time frame as the Egyptian ones. It does nothing to explain WHY they all used them, or where they got the idea to all build triptychs. Examine the last supper from Leonardo da Vinci, it's a triptych.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join