Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Socialists Win French Parliament Race As World Turns Socialist.

page: 1
6
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   


French President Francois Hollande's Socialist Party has won a solid majority in parliamentary elections, fortifying Hollande in his push for governments to spend money - not cut budgets - to tackle Europe's economic crisis. Read more: www.smh.com.au...

www.smh.com.au...

The Europeans are awesome. The whole world is rejecting american style capitalism. The French will attack big banks and oil companies and put a 75% cap on income amongst other things. This is awesome.

Socialists now have an unprecedented lock on politics in France, and plan to use it to raise taxes on big banks and oil companies, levy a 75-per-cent tax on incomes higher than €1 million ($1.26 million) a year, and hire 60,000 teachers.

www.cbc.ca...


Hollande's push for government-sponsored stimulus programs has met opposition from German Chancellor Angela Merkel, but both have pledged to keep working together to ease Europe's financial crisis. Read more: www.smh.com.au...


Hollande has not really impressed me yet but the fact is that Europe are rejecting the IMF/US. The US capitalist media is freaking out.

The measure will sit alongside Hollande's promised new top tax rate of 75% on income over 1 million euros, which is extremely popular among the French public, and which he has described as an act of "patriotism" and "morality"..

Having a social conscience is an act of patriotism to the French. I know a country that could learn a thing or two from them.
www.guardian.co.uk...

thestar.com.my.../2012/6/18/worldupdates/2012-06-17T195859Z_8_BRE85F0NP_RTROPTT_0_UK-FRANCE-ELECTION&sec=
www.nytimes.com...
online.wsj.com...
www.bbc.co.uk...
www.aljazeera.com...

Go socialism.
edit on 17-6-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)




posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
The American media is hardly freaking out. We might hear about it on the evening news but really not that much.



posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
The American media is hardly freaking out. We might hear about it on the evening news but really not that much.


Thats the point.

But if you read the reports you see that a 75% tax on high earners and attacking big banks and oil companies is not something the american media thinks too highly of. They thought the Europeans were as passive as the american public. This whole austerity thing is not gonna happen. The US MSM does not want the US public to see the europeans standing up for themselves.

The US media wants austerity and lower taxes on the rich and corporations. The last thing US MSM wants is stories about socialists kicking ass in europe.

Its like when you read about Argentina nationalizing oil. That frakd capitalists the hell out. They like americans to think they are 'job creators'.



posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
The American media is hardly freaking out. We might hear about it on the evening news but really not that much.


Oh, come on! Do you really expect us to believe that the American media will report on news that happens outside the US, and doesn't involve Americans? What's next? They'll be telling us that there are actually other countries beyond the USA.
I, for one, won't be believing any of that nonsense.
Nope. I'll be safely tucked up with the extensive world view I've been given by the good people at Fox News.



posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Germanicus
 


They are. Overseas. With a 3:1 ratio.
They do make jobs, just not here.



posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Badgered1

Originally posted by buster2010
The American media is hardly freaking out. We might hear about it on the evening news but really not that much.


Oh, come on! Do you really expect us to believe that the American media will report on news that happens outside the US, and doesn't involve Americans? What's next? They'll be telling us that there are actually other countries beyond the USA.
I, for one, won't be believing any of that nonsense.
Nope. I'll be safely tucked up with the extensive world view I've been given by the good people at Fox News.




Ha! Yeah, they want Americans to think the world looks like this.



posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I like the idea that a country is taking a step towards protecting the average citizen, but it is going to take a lot more than "stimulus programs" and taxing rich folk to save an economy.

They should be looking at their corporate charter system to revamp how business should be conducted from the ground up and allow consumption to dictate tax rates.

Allowing the government to have this much power will always end up with outright corruption.
edit on 17-6-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Badgered1
reply to post by Germanicus
 


They are. Overseas. With a 3:1 ratio.
They do make jobs, just not here.


to China.
edit on 17-6-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
I like the idea that a country is taking a step towards protecting the average citizen, but it is going to take a lot more than "stimulus programs" and taxing rich folk to save an economy.

They should be looking at their corporate charter system to revamp how business should be conducted from the ground up and allow allow consumption to dictate tax rates.

Allowing the government to have this much power will always end up with outright corruption.


It seems easier to control a government than to give all of the power to corporations like they did in the United States.

I am glad they are going after the banks and big oil.



posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Germanicus
 


Actually the MSM has no problem showing anything about a country just because it's socialist. It's just that Americans aren't that interested about what is going on over seas.

And of course they freaked out over the oil they were getting it for next to nothing and making millions.



posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   


The whole world is rejecting american style capitalism.


The world is a big place, and no they're not rejecting "american style capitalism". France can welcome the past, the failed past, while we will proudly keep our free system that lets people do as they please to make a living. If you excessively tax and punish the employers out of business, guess what? You no longer get a paycheck. France will be sorry for this. I don't care, america doesn't care, and it will fail. Their hatred towards those who have more than them has blindly thrown them into a tailspin.
edit on 6/17/2012 by JackBauer because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Germanicus
 


I completely agree. Corporate and banking interests need to be put in their place, but what are they going to do to change the way corporations and banks do business?

Tax them?

We all know how well that usually works out when the people in charge are corrupted by money to favor their corporate/financial masters. Piss-poor legislation will soon follow.

You have to change how they are allowed to do business from the ground up. I don't see anything here about massive overhauls of each industry.



posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
It's simple. You take all the political power and give it to the wealthy corporations. Hey, it worked for Mussolini...
Oh...wait....

Sorry.

I'd better....um...go.



posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
reply to post by Germanicus
 


Actually the MSM has no problem showing anything about a country just because it's socialist. It's just that Americans aren't that interested about what is going on over seas.

And of course they freaked out over the oil they were getting it for next to nothing and making millions.


They dont really focus on what interests so much as what helps them push an agenda.

Like if you read the few articles on Bolivia and Argentina nationalizing oil and resources it is always a hatchet job. If you read any of the american reporting on the socialists winning has an ominous tone. They want americans to be afraid of socialism. They want americans to continue to worship the rich.

Imagine americans calling someone a patriot for taxing the rich.

And americans should be interested because the IMF is trying to save the US, not Europe. The US needs Europe to accept austerity. Rejecting the IMF is as good as rejecting the US. Now if Europe is nominally socialist, that is a rejection of capitalism and the USD. First Greece,now France. All of the former friends of the US are turning away. Not good when you consider the attack on the USD as reserve currency. The world is turning. The US is in way more trouble than the MSM is letting on.
www.abovetopsecret.com...



posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
reply to post by Germanicus
 


I completely agree. Corporate and banking interests need to be put in their place, but what are they going to do to change the way corporations and banks do business?

Tax them?

We all know how well that usually works out when the people in charge are corrupted by money to favor their corporate/financial masters. Piss-poor legislation will soon follow.

You have to change how they are allowed to do business from the ground up. I don't see anything here about massive overhauls of each industry.


The US Banks are the centre of the Death Star. So are US corporations.

I think that we should tax the hell out of Big Banks and Big Oil. I am for nationalizing them actually.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Im not sure what the French are doing exactly but Im glad they are a focus.

The big thing is that it is a rejection of the US. Bringing home troops was a big issue in the election as well. American capitalism and americas place as superpower has never looked so unsure.



posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackBauer


France can welcome the past, the failed past, while we will proudly keep our free system that lets people do as they please to make a living. If you excessively tax and punish the employers out of business, guess what? You no longer get a paycheck. France will be sorry for this.



Here's the problem - In America, people AREN'T making a living!!!!

Employment rates and lower taxes do NOT correlate to more jobs.

If you make 2 million instead of 10 million, you are STILL going to stay in business. The only difference is the 8 million is going to be distributed to workers who will put the money BACK into the economy instead of having 3 people hoard it.



posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus
The US capitalist media is freaking out.


They are?

www.businessweek.com...

www.nytimes.com...

uk.reuters.com...

The OP's hyperbole aside, it's an interesting if not unexpected turn of events. France has an impressive social safety net.

For example, did you know they provide three-course (or even four-course) freshly-prepared hot lunches (of real food) are to over 6 million French children in the public school system every day? At a cost of about $3 a kid, funded not by the state, but by municipalities.

karenlebillon.com...

edit on 17-6-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
What is it bubb, communism or socialism. You just can’t seem to make up your mind in any thread you put together. Are you looking to somehow create a communist/socialist utopia? I’m confused. Is France going to join China and start WW3 to destroy America? I'm lost...!

Future is bright for Australia

It is obvious how anti-American you are. Your anger will only consume you in the end. I’ve never known any one member here on ATS to cry more.

Give me (us) a break!
edit on 17-6-2012 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Egalité, Fraternité and whats the other one?

Title is a bit misleading.
France turns socialist, again.
Not the world..
And even there. On a scale, Using a clock. If you put Liberal Democracy at 12 o'clock,
The French are around 10 left, while in North America its at 3, way right.
Cuba and Venezuela would be at 8 way left. While Fascism would be 5 extreme right..
Give or take 1 since its been a while I've traveled in Yurop. lol
I hope you guys will understand.



posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by eagleeye2
Egalité, Fraternité and whats the other one?

Title is a bit misleading.
France turns socialist, again.
Not the world..
And even there. On a scale, Using a clock. If you put Liberal Democracy at 12 o'clock,
The French are around 10 left, while in North America its at 3, way right.
Cuba and Venezuela would be at 8 way left. While Fascism would be 5 extreme right..
Give or take 1 since its been a while I've traveled in Yurop. lol
I hope you guys will understand.



Sorry to shock you. I didnt mean to alarm anyone. I am just saying that it is more than the general fake socialism of recent times. there is a genuine rejection of the corporate american capitalism taking place.

South America has the ALBA nations and Argentina. Greece and France are rejecting capitalism as will Spain and Portugal and others The mighty BRICS nations are working toward unseating the USD as the Reserve Currency. Capitalism is a dead man walking in its present form.






top topics



 
6
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join