It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good Reasons not to vote for Romney

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Thought this funny when Romney went to a WAWA store.

"You press a little touchtone key pad… You touch this, touch this, touch this, go pay the cashier, and there's your sandwich," Romney said. "It's amazing!"

news.yahoo.com...

Got Technology!!

Nope! Simply Amazing.

Do you think it is funny now after hearing the actual full statement by Romney?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

I'm waiting for a reason you did not pull out of your butt that I can actually respond to.

The republicans state that they want to cut 10% of the Federal workforce and they have tried to limit abortion and birth control over 900 times in 2011- those are indisputable facts.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by CB328

I'm waiting for a reason you did not pull out of your butt that I can actually respond to.

The republicans state that they want to cut 10% of the Federal workforce and they have tried to limit abortion and birth control over 900 times in 2011- those are indisputable facts.

They want to replace the public workforce with more private workers. One gets paid by my taxes, one doesn't. Any guess which one is better? What limits on birth control and abortion does Romney plan to enact? This is a post about Romney, let's keep it that way. So now how about we get back to reasons that aren't pulled out of thin air, which I can actually respond to.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

They want to replace the public workforce with more private workers. One gets paid by my taxes, one doesn't. Any guess which one is better? What limits on birth control and abortion does Romney plan to enact? This is a post about Romney, let's keep it that way. So now how about we get back to reasons that aren't pulled out of thin air, which I can actually respond to.

As I said in my OP reply 10% would be a good start....We have all seen how the public sector can quickly get abused when there is really no checks or balances preventing it. If I worked in the public sector and I could vote or control my wage/retirement without the need to make profit, just generate more taxes, I would go after all I could, and they all do...

If one tries this in the private sector then the company fails...

Listen to Ronmey's real/full WAWA speech about how efficiency is required in the private sector and just doesn't exist in the public sector. It was actually very good....

edit on 20-6-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

I completely agree, I was responding to someone who was taking Romney's comments out of context. What Romney is saying makes perfect sense, which is why they only included the part that made it seem like it was a bad idea.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

I completely agree, I was responding to someone who was taking Romney's comments out of context. What Romney is saying makes perfect sense, which is why they only included the part that made it seem like it was a bad idea.

Which ones, the ones where he was pro choice before he was against it? Or the ones where he was pro 2nd amendment before he was against it?

Mitt Romney has done more double talk than any politician running for the presidency in the nations history. He's been on both sides of the isle on every subject.

He does not represent, you, me or people like us. He will say or do anything to further his only political ambitions. His ambitions don't involve helping average Americans. Are you really this freaking dense? Seriously?

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by macaronicaesar

Which ones, the ones where he was pro choice before he was against it? Or the ones where he was pro 2nd amendment before he was against it?

Mitt Romney has done more double talk than any politician running for the presidency in the nations history. He's been on both sides of the isle on every subject.

He does not represent, you, me or people like us. He will say or do anything to further his only political ambitions. His ambitions don't involve helping average Americans. Are you really this freaking dense? Seriously?

Please show me the actual quotes and the context of them rather than your synopsis. You know because I can say you were for abortion before you were against it, and you were for gun control before you were against it, and you were for aliens anal probing citizens before you were against it. See how easy it is to make statements when I dont have to back it up?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I've met a few millionaires in my life, and only a couple of billionaires...

For the most part, millionaires may have lost a little touch with the reality of the common man, but those who weren't born into it are still remarkably down to earth.

Billionaires, on the other hand (just going off these two, one born into it, the other, not) live in a completely different reality than we do. Even everyday things seem foreign to them, if it's something they typically have "people" for. Ask them the cost of a loaf of bread, and they'll have no idea. Are these the kinds of people you want making economic decisions that affect the average man?

Until you've actually met a couple, it's hard to believe someone can be that out of touch with reality (well, at least most people's reality). The idea of struggling to pay bills, having to actually consider the cost of buying something you want (that isn't custom), etc. is just foreign to them. I have to hope that some self-made billionaires are more in touch with it...but based on what I've seen of the guy, Romney seems much more the out of touch guy (especially given that wawa comment above). Don't get me wrong, you can check my posts here from 2008, and I said it then...Obama will be a do-nothing President. Unfortunately, I was right on the money. That's bad enough...but Romney won't be a do-nothing President. He'll be a do everything for ME President. Both men are bad for the nation, and neither should be President.

But, this year, the public will again be duped into thinking they can only choose one or the other, and the African Americans (even Oprah) will vote for Obama (despite their disappointment), and many of Paul's former supporters will vote Obama instead of writing Paul's name in... The fundies will push hard for Romney, and he'll make an ok showing, but Obama wins it in the end, while we shake our heads in disbelief that as much as we dislike the guy, we still re-elected him... How pathetic is that?
edit on 29-6-2012 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Amazing that any US citizen still thinks their vote counts, or that voting for the 2 headed 1 party system is going to change anything. Complete suckers of the system.

I'll give you 2 good reasons. 1. dont vote for Rep or Dem gang. 2. Your silly vote doesn't count. It's rigged top to bottom.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by CB328

Romney is a terrible choice (as is Obama), but you aren't entirely right with your first reason.
Some of those programs are outdated and minimum wage isn't exactly a good thing. It allows people to be forever trapped under a wage. You don't want to work min. wage they fire you and get someone else and guess what you agreed to it because you signed on to a minimum wage job. Min. wage is the forever wage.

Also we need to get rid of more than 10 percent of government jobs. We need to get rid of a large percentage of government departments! The government is waaaaay too big.

Nothing will happen to birth control. Abortion is at a stalemate and that wont change.

War with Iran and everyone else is coming whether it's Romney or Obama. I promise you this.

Deregulation is a good thing but Romney isn't going to bring it.

You need to open your eyes you are under the delusion that Obama and Romney are any different. They are both working for the same people (not us), they will both start the same wars (coming soon), and the are both moderates and terrible politicians. You really think Obama is better or worse than Romney? That is laughable.

They are both terrible. I urge everyone to vote Ron Paul.. if you can't then VOTE THIRD PARTY. And don't give me that garbage about throwing your vote away. Voting Romney or Obama is putting your vote to use somehow? At least you have a voice with a third party vote.
edit on 29-6-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
The best reason I can think of for voting for Obama is that under eight years of Romney our country will suffer a slow and agonizing death. Under Obama it will be much faster, thus, perhaps, less psychologically painful.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

True. We would only have to endure Obama for 4 years and then a fresh chance. With Romney we would have to go through a whole other election with a president as a candidate and that is always harder to change.

4 years of bad v.s. 8 years of bad.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by signalfire
You have other options. Check out Gary Johnson, who will be on all 50 ballots under the Libertarian party heading, and the newly formed Justice Party has Rocky Anderson running, and he's quite impressive also. The MSM don't mention them because they're in cahoots with the Red and Blue/Bank Owned parties, but you do have other choices...

And unfortunately if enough people start voting for these 3rd party candidates Barry will be at the helm for another 4 years.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by satron

And what good would it do to vote for Romney? Do you honestly think that Romney has solutions that would benefit most Americans?

I'm just curious about where you get the idea that Obama puts one group of people above the others, etc.

He will be better for one huge reason. He is not Obama and so far in 4 years Obama has not done one single thing to help us. I was laid off for 5 months of those 4 years and I am still trying to recover from that. The economy is worse than it has ever been with no end in site and now we are all arguing about a health care TAX that is keeping the attention away from the rest of the problems in an election year. We have so many problems no one even knows where to start. Thats reason enough to give someone else a shot. Obama doesnt deserve a second term. Period.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by macaronicaesar

Are you joking? Do you remember Bill Clinton , How about Obama? This crap comes out every year about every politition to ever run for any office. Find a new argument. You follow someone long enough of course your going to find them catering to an audience. Its called Campaigning. read up on it. They all do it.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

so far in 4 years Obama has not done one single thing to help us.

That is a blatant lie. Obama cut taxes (which Republicans say is the greatest thing in the universe for the economy), he passed a huge stimulus that kept a lot of people from losing their jobs, he has had housing programs to help people who can't pay their mortgages or are so underwater on their homes they can't sell them or pay them, keeping student loan interest rates low, keeping all interest rates low. Obama has done more to try to help people than any president since FDR.

The economy is worse than it has ever been

You have no clue what you are talking about. The great depression was far, far worse.

You need to get a clue about something.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by charles1952

True. We would only have to endure Obama for 4 years and then a fresh chance. With Romney we would have to go through a whole other election with a president as a candidate and that is always harder to change.

4 years of bad v.s. 8 years of bad.

And thats exactly the propaganda that the obama camp wants you to think so you will just leave him in office. They have worked their butts off to pain that picture. 4 more years of Obama and we will all be speaking another language and we may have to move to another country to find work.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

so far in 4 years Obama has not done one single thing to help us.

That is a blatant lie. Obama cut taxes (which Republicans say is the greatest thing in the universe for the economy), he passed a huge stimulus that kept a lot of people from losing their jobs, he has had housing programs to help people who can't pay their mortgages or are so underwater on their homes they can't sell them or pay them, keeping student loan interest rates low, keeping all interest rates low. Obama has done more to try to help people than any president since FDR.

The economy is worse than it has ever been

You have no clue what you are talking about. The great depression was far, far worse.

You need to get a clue about something.

I cant tell if you are joking or not. The stimulus was a joke. It paid for billboards and other junk and has been proven over and over ineffective. Not sure what taxes he cut because it didnt affect me at all. In fact I think I am getting more taken out of my checks than ever before. And You are talking to the wrong person about saving houses. My house was foreclosed on just over two years ago. The supposed bail out there had no teeth. There were no penalties to the lenders and no way to enforce it and it only had to do with a few certain banks. Not all of them. That was just a show for the media. It did nothing to help anyone and still isnt. There are class action suits everywhere against housing lenders. And my god.. Let me go back and rephrase that. It is far worse than it has ever been in our lifetime. But dont kid yourself. With four more years of Obama we could easily surpass the great depression. I assume your on board and willing to risk it with Barry. But I am not. But dont call my statement a blatant lie. Do some research on housing foreclosures. They are at an all time high and there isnt an end in site. Obamas programs were a joke and didnt help anyone except corporate American. They didnt help the average citizen like me or I would still have a house and probably still be married. His bail out sure helped me.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron
Obama is just as bad in that he's no good. He's proven it. Should be no questions asked about that. Like how he puts illegal aliens ahead of citizens? I don't.

AHEAD of citizens? That's quite the exaggeration.

News flash: illegal immigration has declined as our economy has. Furthermore, if you really care about illegal immigration, take a good hard look at NAFTA and other such legislation.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

It does matter. Write in "no confidence." If millions of American's have the courage to completely reject the fake ballot, the message will resonate loud and clear.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join