It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good Reasons not to vote for Romney

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Here are some important points to consider when considering voting for Mitt Romney:

1. If he wins the presidency and the republicans happen to take over congress, the Republican Tea Party and Religious right will probably run roughshod over him to pass their ultra-extreme society destroying agenda. Just imagine the economic apocalypse that would result from destroying Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, unemployment insurance, the minimum wage, and Unions. Millions will lose their only income, or a large source of it, Economic activity will take a titanic nose dive, millions will be bankrupt and the nation will probably enter a depression.

2. Romney will undoubtedly replace Ben Bernanke with someone who will jack up our record low interest rates, which will cause another huge hit to the economy.

3. The republicans and I believe Romney himself have said they want to destroy 10% of government jobs. That by itself could be enough to destroy our fragile recovery.

4. Abortion and birth control could be seriously curtailed, guaranteeing a future shortfall of jobs and greatly increased crime rate as the worst in society are prevented family planning services.

5. War with Iran and probably everyone else. Even without the war, just the military buildup alone that Romney promises will be a huge hit on our resources.

6. Oh, and if you're not a conservative, christian, conservative, business person you can probably kiss your job goodbye as business will be allowed to do whatever the hell they want with the massive deregulation Romney and the entire right wing have been promising and planning.

Just don't say you weren't warned.

edit on 17-6-2012 by CB328 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
You know what, for once in my life I am going to vote my Conscious, Im not gona vote for one of the two choices they want me to.

Ill be writing in my vote if I have to.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Obama is just as bad in that he's no good. He's proven it. Should be no questions asked about that. Like how he puts illegal aliens ahead of citizens? I don't.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron
Obama is just as bad in that he's no good. He's proven it. Should be no questions asked about that. Like how he puts illegal aliens ahead of citizens? I don't.

Where is Obama mentioned in the OP?

Can one be critical of Romney without implying they support Obama?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Romney will put corporations far, far, far ahead of human rights, so far we may all be enslaved forever.

But if you want to whine about feeling slighted I guess that's your right, why care about anything of actual importance?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

Sure!

But I wanted to get that straight.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Starred and flagged my friend!

Here's just one more reason I won't be voting for Romney.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by CB328

Here is a good reason -- unless you have been active in becoming an elector of your respective state, the popular vote; the super-bowl Tuesday of Elections, means nothing except media and political fodder.

That is the best reason to not vote for Romney or Obama on election day. Learn the process and begin to change it at the levels where you can actually be effective; local and State; and work your way to become an elector.
edit on 17-6-2012 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Then who do we vote for dude!?!

Seriously, we can not tolerate another 4 years of Barry "there's no change left" Obama, can we? As for Mitt he was the gov over here for a few and whats for what he didn't spend 26k on curtains. You know who did? Cadillac Deval. Barry's bud from Gangland. Who knows what the deal is on any solid third party candidate. Like that would matter the whole things bought and sold from jump.

I am seriously starting to think this all needs to burn for us to be free once again.
edit on 17-6-2012 by BlastedCaddy because: REM

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlastedCaddy
Then who do we vote for dude!?!

Seriously, we can not tolerate another 4 years of Barry "there's no change left" Obama, can we? As for Mitt he was the gov over here for a few and whats for what he didn't spend 26k on curtains. You know who did? Cadillac Deval. Barry's bud from Gangland. Who knows what the deal is on any solid third party candidate. Like that would matter the whole things bought and sold from jump.

I am seriously starting to think this all needs to burn for us to be free once again.
edit on 17-6-2012 by BlastedCaddy because: REM

It matters not. Write in Mickey Mouse or Jesus Christ. The popular vote for president isn't how they are voted in. The process is left to the States and their chosen electors. Get involved with that and you will have the best opportunity to bring about candidates that better serve the office.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by CB328

I think you have the right spirit in wanting to warn us away from disastrous candidates, but could you come up with some other reasons? These don't seem terribly convincing, at least to me.

1. If the Republicans take over the Senate, no one expects it to be more than by a couple of seats at most. The right wing of the party won't be able to pass anything over a Romney veto. If anything, we're learning that a President can ride roughshod over Congress.

2. Romney can't replace Bernanke until 2014. (And even then, he''ll still be one of the Governors, just not the Chairman.) And I don't see a move on the Board to raise rates significantly. The governors have 14-year terms, Romney will not control them.

3. Reduce government jobs by 10%? After the hiring boom in the last three years? I think this would be a reason to vote for Romney. A few fewer regulators? I like it. They can look for productive work.

4. Maybe, what might happen to birth control and abortion, possibly, is that taxpayers wouldn't have to pay for it. They won't be banned or be illegal.

5. War in the Middle East is looking likely right now. As far as attacking everyone else, that seems to be our current policy. We wouldn't be any worse off continuing it. A military build-up after our military cuts? It's possible. That would re-employ soldiers and start factories again. It may not be the best investment of our money, but it's better than a handout.

6. Oh, and if you're not a conservative, christian, conservative, business person you can probably kiss your job goodbye as business will be allowed to do whatever the hell they want with the massive deregulation Romney and the entire right wing have been promising and planning.
What? Romney wants to fire anyone who isn't a "conservative, christian, conservative?" I don't understand, what specifically are they planning?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by CB328

1. If he wins the presidency and the republicans happen to take over congress, the Republican Tea Party and Religious right will probably run roughshod over him to pass their ultra-extreme society destroying agenda. Just imagine the economic apocalypse that would result from destroying Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, unemployment insurance, the minimum wage, and Unions. Millions will lose their only income, or a large source of it, Economic activity will take a titanic nose dive, millions will be bankrupt and the nation will probably enter a depression.

Oh ya Romney will collapse everything, ya right.... The funny part is, under Obama, SS, Obamacare, unemployment etc costs will accelerate to the point that they collapse all by themselves.

As for Unions....they have reached the end of their usefulness. I don't think anyone cares about private sector unions, good, let them do what they want, but public sector unions for government jobs? Give me a break, that is just stupid, and for public sector unions to have collective bargaining agreements is insane.

2. Romney will undoubtedly replace Ben Bernanke with someone who will jack up our record low interest rates, which will cause another huge hit to the economy.

Though I disagree that interest rates will go up under Romney, Bernanke doesn't have clue to what he is doing and he needs to go. He has not helped our situation in the least.

3. The republicans and I believe Romney himself have said they want to destroy 10% of government jobs. That by itself could be enough to destroy our fragile recovery.

Let's give everyone a nice Government job...ya that's it. I guess my one question on this is when is Government too big and unsustainable?

Government jobs are bloated in pay and benefits. "Like" jobs in the private sector don't even come close in pay, and/or the lucrative retirement, and with the impossibility to fire someone no matter how crazy inept they are, as is the norm for Government jobs. There is nothing like a job where there is no need to make a profit so you can collective bargain your wage and benefits as high as you want without any checks or balances...

Looking at Oregon, a public sector employee makes about 2x what the same job in the private sector makes and will make insane amount of money in retirement, much more than they did working...

Here is a common example of a guy named Helmuth Resch who taught at OSU for 16 years...

Resch has long since moved back to his native Austria. He started drawing his Oregon pension in 1999. Since then, the Oregon Public Employees Retirement Fund has paid him more than $2 million.

This year, his benefit from Oregon will total $214,000. That's nearly 350 percent of his $62,000 final salary in Oregon.

And you are worried that reduction in 10% of public sector jobs will put us in a unrecoverable spin...lol that is rich. I say 10% is a start....

4. Abortion and birth control could be seriously curtailed, guaranteeing a future shortfall of jobs and greatly increased crime rate as the worst in society are prevented family planning services.

Lol, Keep abortion so that future criminals are never born...Wow!!! Well it seems you read Freakonomics that found a correlation with a reduction in crime 20 years after Roe Vs Wade due to the large number of abortions provided to the poor (mainly black) population.

This is the left talking point...Romney will not touch it with a 10 foot pole...

5. War with Iran and probably everyone else. Even without the war, just the military buildup alone that Romney promises will be a huge hit on our resources.

Wait I'm confused...you do not want to see Government job reductions, Military is a Government job...you do not want to see a larger military i.e. more Government jobs...

I see a bigger chance for war under Obama than Romney...Obama is evolving and it is into something the left will not recognize at all. Obama will not go down in history as an Islamic-extremist sympathizer, mark my words on this one...

Romney's religion will play less in his presidency than Obama's has have for his four years. Romney for one thing is not right wing and is more left of center than any other republican President has ever been...you guys on the left just never have a clue do you?

edit on 17-6-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
You have other options. Check out Gary Johnson, who will be on all 50 ballots under the Libertarian party heading, and the newly formed Justice Party has Rocky Anderson running, and he's quite impressive also. The MSM don't mention them because they're in cahoots with the Red and Blue/Bank Owned parties, but you do have other choices...

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Thought this funny when Romney went to a WAWA store.

"You press a little touchtone key pad… You touch this, touch this, touch this, go pay the cashier, and there's your sandwich," Romney said. "It's amazing!"

news.yahoo.com...

Got Technology!!

Nope! Simply Amazing.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Thought this funny when Romney went to a WAWA store.

"You press a little touchtone key pad… You touch this, touch this, touch this, go pay the cashier, and there's your sandwich," Romney said. "It's amazing!"

news.yahoo.com...

Got Technology!!

Nope! Simply Amazing.

What is a WAWA store?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by CB328

I'm waiting for a reason you did not pull out of your butt that I can actually respond to. Do you have any, or did you just want to bash Romney without offering anything of substance?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by satron

And what good would it do to vote for Romney? Do you honestly think that Romney has solutions that would benefit most Americans?

I'm just curious about where you get the idea that Obama puts one group of people above the others, etc.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

I think it's because they're nobodies.

A 3rd party will never succeed in this country until it figures out how to penetrate the American consciousness.

Some of these parties should hire better PR people.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

You know what, for once in my life I am going to vote my Conscious, Im not gona vote for one of the two choices they want me to.

Ill be writing in my vote if I have to.

Good for you! No matter who you vote for, congrats on realizing it is YOUR choice for President, not who THEY tell you to pick!

While I think the OP exaggerates a bit, I don't doubt that his agenda is certainly to reduce social programs and government jobs. And I agree that right now, that's a horrible idea for the economy as it struggles to recover. Though getting rid of pork jobs (way high for industry, no chance of terminating inept employees, etc. should be paramount).

By a different token, Obama will still be borrowing more, and digging us deeper, while still going back on campaign promises from the LAST election.

Neither of the two main candidates offer a real solution for positive economic change. So, if they don't offer a viable solution, why vote for either of them?

Romney's religion will play less in his presidency than Obama's has have for his four years. Romney for one thing is not right wing and is more left of center than any other republican President has ever been...you guys on the left just never have a clue do you?

Not like it matters. He can't win against Obama anyhow. We'll re-elect Obama, then ensure we elect a Republican majority to ensure 4 more years of gridlock....yay!

edit on 19-6-2012 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by satron

And what good would it do to vote for Romney? Do you honestly think that Romney has solutions that would benefit most Americans?

Same benefit as Obama. Barely none to behold.

I'm just curious about where you get the idea that Obama puts one group of people above the others, etc.

Dream Act, leaving many sweet perks for people considering entering the country illegally, and him wanting to make people that aren't his constituents legal in this country.
edit on 19-6-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join