It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Obama requires photo ID and SS number for book signing

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by habitforming

I am so sorry you live in a place where the folks at KFC have to work behind bullet proof glass. No where that I have lived has that been the case and I lived in NYC for many many years. The bank yes, KFC no. I did see that the liquor stores in Washington DC do have glass and that just seems weird to me.
The Pope is a world leader and so is always at risk as any leaders are. It comes with the territory.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy

Originally posted by karen61057
School children all have valid school issued identification cards. If you're talking younger than school age why ? They're not requesting any audience with the first lady and if they are do you imagine they have ulterior motives ? Toddlers that is ?

Both of my children are school aged and posses no "identification card"; so you cannot say all -- which leads to the original question.

And "requesting an audience"? What is this, the King's Court?! Being cynical here of course, just interesting words chosen...

Post Script: What about home-schooled children? Home-schooled teenagers? Etc....Honor asks a valid question and I too am curious on this.
edit on 19-6-2012 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

I dont believe you. . If your child goes to school in the US they most certainly do have an ID card with a photo. I have had children in school since 1980 and every one got an ID card every year. We even lived in different states and still every year they all got new ID cards. So maybe your child does not go to school in the US or goes to a private school I dont know. I do know that if your child is in puiblic school they must have a valid school ID. No ands ifs or buts about it. And if they are in public school you are either lying or your just dont care to get the photos required for the ID cards or something else.
As for my patterns of speech, I am who I am. I read, I do not talk like everyone else, I realize that. I am not trying to be pretentious.
Why would a home schooled child need a school ID card ? They dont ride a school bus do they ? They dont take books out of the school library do they ? I bet they have some form of ID like a public library card .
edit on 19-6-2012 by karen61057 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

But still doesnt eliminate the need for security.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

I am so sorry you live in a place where the folks at KFC have to work behind bullet proof glass. No where that I have lived has that been the case and I lived in NYC for many many years. The bank yes, KFC no. I did see that the liquor stores in Washington DC do have glass and that just seems weird to me.
The Pope is a world leader and so is always at risk as any leaders are. It comes with the territory.

OK, the pope is a world Leader? Who get's to decide that? I do not have a chimney so I know it is not me. But to you that is different than the president of the US how? He is not a world leader? Isn't the president and his immediately family always protected? Barbara Bush, Hillary Clinton, Nancy Reagan all got the same..Is that because they were all shady folks?

There is no difference between a bank teller and a KFC cashier to me if the question is whether or not they require protection because they have committed bad deeds. Are bank tellers and DC liquor store salesman up to something nefarious? How about gas station attendants behind glass?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by habitforming

OK, the pope is a world Leader? Who get's to decide that? I do not have a chimney so I know it is not me. But to you that is different than the president of the US how? He is not a world leader? Isn't the president and his immediately family always protected? Barbara Bush, Hillary Clinton, Nancy Reagan all got the same..Is that because they were all shady folks?

There is no difference between a bank teller and a KFC cashier to me if the question is whether or not they require protection because they have committed bad deeds. Are bank tellers and DC liquor store salesman up to something nefarious? How about gas station attendants behind glass?

The Pope is the leader of the Catholic Church. He is chosen by a group of cardinals. Its not different from the president. They both require protection because of the world we live in. The girl dishing out the fired chicken does not and in my local KFC she is out in the open so if I get made at how she cooks I can throw a leg at her.
What gas station attendants are behind glass? Gosh where do you people live ?

Every first family member gets the same protection as the President. I dont have a problem with that. I think its necessary. Somewhere you decided that I was on the other side of the coin from you but I do not think that is the case.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

Its not the same thing at all but you racists will try to make something out of nothing every chance you get wont you? You Obama haters and political trolls. Why is this a thread its trolling of the first order.

Racist??

Do you understand English? What racist comment have I made? 

So liberals cry about voter ID laws being racist and because I point out the hypocrisy of people being ID'd before a book signing now I'm a racist too? 

Great logic! Enjoy your Kool Aid!

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by bobs_uruncle

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Originally posted by bobs_uruncle

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Its not about finding out whether or not the people are "legal". It is about protecting the First Lady.

People just keep on trying to make something out of nothing.

And for the record, this entire thread should be pulled down as political trolling.

Well, I have always maintained that if you require protection, then you might want to change your attitude, your presentation and your policies in such a way as to be liked, rather than hated. I realize present day politicians can't keep everyone happy, but they certainly do piss pretty much everyone off.

Just a thought...

Cheers - Dave

So John Lennon should not have been singing about peace? MLK should not have spoken up for civil rights?

Your premise is downright foolish.

Obviously one is going to get the occasional nutbar or hater or paid assassin but why promote the probabilities by being ignorant and/or arrogant? If you avoid doing the wrong thing you limit the number of people you piss off. That seems to be a rational statement.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 6/19.2012 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

No, thats another foolish statement. As I said in my previous post, should those I mentioned has "stopped pissing people off" by standing up for the rights of everyone?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

True all it does is alienate both sides.

edit on 19-6-2012 by sean because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

I dont believe you. . If your child goes to school in the US they most certainly do have an ID card with a photo.

You can not believe me all you want. My two boys do not have an ID card. They have student ID numbers, but no cards. Your limited view on the matter (given your remark about an area that has bullet proof glass at gas stations) is indicative that you cannot be the authority on such matters. Without giving away my location, look up Pomona Valley Unified School District and cite their policy that all school aged children will carry a student ID.

My two children carry none. You can call me a liar all you want. Should they not be allowed to meet the First Lady because they were unable to provide credentials to the Secret Service? What if my 14 year old was at the book store and saw the opportunity? Should only certain folks be allowed to see a public figure?

I have had children in school since 1980 and every one got an ID card every year. We even lived in different states and still every year they all got new ID cards. So maybe your child does not go to school in the US or goes to a private school I dont know. I do know that if your child is in puiblic school they must have a valid school ID. No ands ifs or buts about it. And if they are in public school you are either lying or your just dont care to get the photos required for the ID cards or something else.

Completely false. Not every school district in the United States require a "student ID card".

Why would a home schooled child need a school ID card ? They dont ride a school bus do they ? They dont take books out of the school library do they ? I bet they have some form of ID like a public library card .

That was a question in the context of providing credentials. What if my child -- of age 17 -- was home schooled but wanted to see the First Lady but was denied because he didn't have an "id"? So much for an open and free society eh?!

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

But still doesnt eliminate the need for security.

Providing tax payer funded protection for racist arrogant self centered idiots is promoting and rewarding bad behavior. It's saying that any garbage they want to spew from those gaping cake-holes is all well and good and should be lapped-up by the masses. Let's get a clue people and start rewarding good behavior. The gene pool can take care of itself, it's called natural selection. Please refer to all other previous posts on this subject.

ETA: And I still think IT looks like a man in drag, or something pretending to be female. I think it might be wise to get an actiual DNA test on it to confirm it's actually human. BTW, is there any record of IT's children being born or is that a national secret as well as whether or not Obama and Michelle were actually born? Seems there is an awful lot of history missing concerning the "family."

Cheers - Dave
edit on 6/19.2012 by bobs_uruncle because: the ETA

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

The Pope is the leader of the Catholic Church.

Which means what? How does that make him a world leader? He could be the leader of empty backyards and have just as much sway.

He is chosen by a group of cardinals. Its not different from the president.

Actually the president is elected by the people who he will govern while the pope is chosen by a select group of upper echelon.

They both require protection because of the world we live in.

Oh really?

Cuz that was my point. The president needs protection because of the world we live in and his position, not because the Obamas did something particularly onerous as was stated that I was responding to.

Did you change your tune or pick up someone else' song and ruin it for them?
You just made the same point I did. Took you a while longer to get there though.

The girl dishing out the fired chicken does not and in my local KFC she is out in the open so if I get made at how she cooks I can throw a leg at her.
What gas station attendants are behind glass? Gosh where do you people live ?

In a major US city.
Those people are behind bullet proof glass because of the world we live in.

Every first family member gets the same protection as the President. I dont have a problem with that. I think its necessary. Somewhere you decided that I was on the other side of the coin from you but I do not think that is the case.

Then what the # are you arguing with me about?
I responded to someone that said the first lady wold not need protection if it were not for the THINGS HER HUSBAND HAS DONE. So why did you jump in and argue for my point...against me?
edit on 20-6-2012 by habitforming because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Oh ok, buddy.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Well considering that I've had children in school in two diffferent states and that my siblings have their children in schools in yet other states and all of them require a photo ID it would seem logical to me, without having to research every schoold district, that the schools all require ID cards.
And I still dont see gas station attendants behind glass serving their customers. Not here in Virginia and not in NY where I came from. You would think that in NY this would be a common thing but I can tell you it is not. I saw bullet proof glass in the banks in NY. Even then not all banks just some in shadier neighborhoods.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

And so you say your child has no identification what so ever? Not even a library card ?
What would happen if by chance your child became unconscious and you were not around ? How would someone contact you to let you know your child was injured ? How would police or paramedics know who to contact if your child carries no identification.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Natural selection has had long enough to work out the issues and it has not.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Give me a break. You know who the Pope is right? Doesnt that speak for itself ?

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

I dont know how to segment my responses like you've done with my posts and yours following each other so I have to address each question seperately.
I did not say the President was chosen like the pope. You've taken that sentence out of context.
I meant the need for protection was the same for the President and for the Pope.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Look buddy, I dont live in a rural area. I live in a major city. You ever heard of Norfolk Va. Newport News Va ? How about Richmond ? I've lived here for 20 years. Before that I lived in NY. I am not some simple country folk who never gets into the big bad city. I can see skyscrapers from my back yard. And the girl at KFC is still not behind a pane of bullet proof glass asking me if I want regular or extra crispy and neither is the guy at the Shell station. I hand my check card right over to him without anything in between he and me.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join