It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Obama requires photo ID and SS number for book signing

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by mzungu

Maybe I can make it more clear. Just saying ID check's themselves alone initially offer no security at all, it's only useful IF something did go down they would have a record of everyone that was there. ID or no ID everyone is a potential threat. You have to be screened for weapons with a metal detector wand etc. Is it full proof? Absolutely not. A terrorist doesn't play by rules. Showing ID means diddle squat to a person devoted to kill you. Of course the first lady would be protected the SS are mandated to.
edit on 18-6-2012 by sean because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Wow! Now how are all those illegals that Obama is fighting so hard to serve (have vote for him) going to be able to show their appreciation to Obama and get an autographed copy of Michelle's book?

Requiring ID and SS numbers is going to disenfranchise all those poor oppressed Mexican nationals.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Its not about finding out whether or not the people are "legal". It is about protecting the First Lady.

People just keep on trying to make something out of nothing.

And for the record, this entire thread should be pulled down as political trolling.

Well, I have always maintained that if you require protection, then you might want to change your attitude, your presentation and your policies in such a way as to be liked, rather than hated. I realize present day politicians can't keep everyone happy, but they certainly do piss pretty much everyone off.

Just a thought...

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by bobs_uruncle

Its not about finding out whether or not the people are "legal". It is about protecting the First Lady.

And for the record, this entire thread should be pulled down as political trolling.

Well, I have always maintained that if you require protection, then you might want to change your attitude, your presentation and your policies in such a way as to be liked, rather than hated. I realize present day politicians can't keep everyone happy, but they certainly do piss pretty much everyone off.

Just a thought...

Cheers - Dave

I guess the pope rides around in a bullet proof case because of what an asshole all he is.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by habitforming

Just a thought...

Cheers - Dave

I guess the pope rides around in a bullet proof case because of what an asshole all he is.

I'd agree with that. Ya got one of the biggest posers in the world there, relying on the greatest fabrication ever told. Of course I'd say that about any religion that extracted death as punishment for non-belief or failure to comply. Yeah, they got lots of friends in low places ROFL.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nucleardiver
Wow! Now how are all those illegals that Obama is fighting so hard to serve (have vote for him) going to be able to show their appreciation to Obama and get an autographed copy of Michelle's book?

Requiring ID and SS numbers is going to disenfranchise all those poor oppressed Mexican nationals.

How are they going to vote?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   

I'd agree with that. Ya got one of the biggest posers in the world there, relying on the greatest fabrication ever told. Of course I'd say that about any religion that extracted death as punishment for non-belief or failure to comply. Yeah, they got lots of friends in low places ROFL.

Cheers - Dave

OK, since you missed the point. Bank tellers, are they under protection because their attitude sucks?
Do not rant on big banks being evil. You know damn well that Donna behind the counter does not control anything the bank does. She just touches the money for me.
How about the KFC on main street? You have to order through bullet proof glass there. Is that because KFC is an asshole? How about the bus station? All bullet proof windows in there. Are you getting my point yet?

No, I do not think that Pope John Paul II was an asshole by any stretch but I never met him. Apparently you get to meet and know the popes pretty well?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by habitforming

with the same forged/fraudulent documents they are using to exist and operate in this country, currently. considering school IDs have come so far, it shouldn't be too hard at all to access an inactive one.

tell ya what, when i can explain how my neighbors do it, i'll share but until then, your guess is as good as mine, but, i can assure you it happens far too frequently.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93
reply to post by habitforming

with the same forged/fraudulent documents they are using to exist and operate in this country, currently. considering school IDs have come so far, it shouldn't be too hard at all to access an inactive one.

Well then asking them to show ID at the polls is not going to stop anything, is it?
I thought we were talking about the voter ID laws?????
If they have fake IDs already, then they have ID to show so that makes no sense.

tell ya what, when i can explain how my neighbors do it, i'll share but until then, your guess is as good as mine, but, i can assure you it happens far too frequently.

How can you assure me it ever happens if you do not even have a clue how it is done?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy

Originally posted by The Old American
That's why I, even as a staunch fiscal conservative, would back a national voter ID, paid for with our income taxes.

The only issue I have with this is the 'national' part. Voting is not a national issue. We do not have national elections. We have state elections for national offices. It should be up to the respective states to decide this.

While I wholly agree with you, states are trying that whole "states rights" thing with voter ID, and being sued by our government. That's why a voter ID handed out by the federal government is the only solution...if Democrats would allow it. Guess it makes too much sense. Or maybe it's because they can't claim "racism" if everyone gets one. Gotta have that race card to play, or they won't be relevant anymore.

/TOA

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I doubt this was a personal requirement of Michelle Obama. This was probably a requirement of the Secret Service so they'll be able to run a quick vetting of people at a high security risk event.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

I doubt this was a personal requirement of Michelle Obama. This was probably a requirement of the Secret Service so they'll be able to run a quick vetting of people at a high security risk event.

Of course, and I have no problem with that. But what's wrong with a quick vetting of voters to ensure eligibility?

Obama permits one but not the other. 

Hypocrisy!!

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Its not the same thing at all but you racists will try to make something out of nothing every chance you get wont you? You Obama haters and political trolls. Why is this a thread its trolling of the first order.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93
reply to post by AlanQaida

hello and i really appreciate a security professional chiming in.
please share how such protocols apply to minors who may not possess said credentials ??
are they simple excluded or are exceptions made or are there different protocols all together ??

School children all have valid school issued identification cards. If you're talking younger than school age why ? They're not requesting any audience with the first lady and if they are do you imagine they have ulterior motives ? Toddlers that is ?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057
School children all have valid school issued identification cards. If you're talking younger than school age why ? They're not requesting any audience with the first lady and if they are do you imagine they have ulterior motives ? Toddlers that is ?

Both of my children are school aged and posses no "identification card"; so you cannot say all -- which leads to the original question.

And "requesting an audience"? What is this, the King's Court?! Being cynical here of course, just interesting words chosen...

Post Script: What about home-schooled children? Home-schooled teenagers? Etc....Honor asks a valid question and I too am curious on this.
edit on 19-6-2012 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SecretWeapon
Why would anyone want a book written by her anyway? Much less want her to sign it?

Best question yet - And the real one worth asking. I'll answer: You know that the Tin Man needed his oil to keep moving, so the Libs need their dictators to keep dictating to them.

They need a system of humans that have their hands out, being handed things from their King. The "loadies" need their drugs, the welfare addicts need their welfare and these people can't ever seem to stop idolizing these politicians to bring them hope and answers.

The same can be said for the religious "right wingers". What's the difference? Their focus of worship extends to a proven idea and concept which is far more powerful than a temporary "talking head".

Mankind is not able to govern itself without the ideology of moral structure based on accountability and CONSEQUENCES.

That word, right there scares these little creatures so deeply that they resort to name calling (oops so did I just now, awwww) and sarcasm of a group of billions of living beings that recognize a force, more complex and important than they, that moves across all of reality for reasons we aren't ready to understand.

Check into the backgrounds of the lefty-freaks and you'll see some mega daddy issues and issues with accountability and authority all day long. They NEED their Obamas and Oprahs so very desperately.

How sad to have to look to an under qualified, racist, biased, human for guidance...

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by habitforming

Cheers - Dave

OK, since you missed the point. Bank tellers, are they under protection because their attitude sucks?
Do not rant on big banks being evil. You know damn well that Donna behind the counter does not control anything the bank does. She just touches the money for me.
How about the KFC on main street? You have to order through bullet proof glass there. Is that because KFC is an asshole? How about the bus station? All bullet proof windows in there. Are you getting my point yet?

No, I do not think that Pope John Paul II was an asshole by any stretch but I never met him. Apparently you get to meet and know the popes pretty well?

Actually, I have never met the pope, but I do think the pope is a dope. I don't think he's necessarily an ass, but those previous nazi leanings do present a problem. I don't have a problem with "Donna" in the bank or in most cases branch managers, unless they are idiots, which I am finding a greater incidence of these days. I do have a problem with international bankers, the FED, the BOC, any reserve bank that is wholly owned or controlled by the IMF or any of its agents or handlers. I do fully understand how the ponzi scheme works and I want to see it brought down, I'm just too old to do it.

I have met, worked for or operated with a number of government ministers, officers in the military and ambassadors on multiple continents and other such scumbags, and what I do find, is they are all quite easily bought and therefore, assholes. They do tend to weight their own importance as being much greater than anyone else and they believe in general terms that they are entitled to rape public coffers and that laws don't apply to them. Another thing I find consistent with politicians, is they lie, at every opportunity.

I do have experience in this area, direct, up close and personal, and I think my formulated opinion is pretty close to reality. Now, since I am not supposed to break the law (I am under gag orders to protect certain politicians, banks, educational institutions, brokers/international bankers, etc. from tax and public funds fraud, malfeasance, telecommunications fraud, etc.) how do you think I am going to feel about politicians and bankers, knowing what I know? That being all of my past and that they can break the law and restrain me for their illegal activities, while I cannot do the same to them for my legal activities? They can steal $150 million from public coffers and $30 million from me and I am just supposed to sit on my hands, is that how it's supposed to work? Because that is how it works and as long as this continues people are going to get more pissed off with the situation and if history tells us anything, it is not going to end pretty.

If politicians want to be respected and liked so that they don't need all this ridiculously expensive protection that WE have to pay for, maybe they should start playing by the rules, ethical rules, rather than making them up as they go along, you know ONE RULE FITS ALL. Maybe politicians should have a foreign policy that benefits people rather than corporations. Maybe war should only be started if IT"S THE LAST RESORT, not because Haliburton and Cheney want a better spread on their stock tickets or want to promote corporate fascism under the guise of democracy. Maybe politicians should keep out of situations that place them in a conflict of interest. Maybe politicians should start acting in the interest of the people who supposedly elected them, rather than operate based on their own self interest and personal enrichment. Maybe politicians should do what they are told by THE PEOPLE, rather than the corporations.

Do you get the point?

ETA: Back to Michelle Obama... yeah, she has pissed off a lot of people with her racial slurs, her favoritism, etc. does that make her a bad person to have opinions, no. But, if she promotes her opinions using her position as first lady, yeah, then she is bad person. In politics you can't have an opinion because you have to do what you are told based on either the rule of law or in a democracy, the majority's opinion. She's so self important that the people's opinion's don't matter. So she is author of her own problems, taxpayers shouldn't have to pay for her stupidity or arrogance. As far as I am concerned, she's an idiot and looks like a man in drag and I don't are what color or sex she is, you can't fix stupid.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 6/19.2012 by bobs_uruncle because: the ETA

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Just a thought...

Cheers - Dave

So John Lennon should not have been singing about peace? MLK should not have spoken up for civil rights?

Your premise is downright foolish.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Just a thought...

Cheers - Dave

So John Lennon should not have been singing about peace? MLK should not have spoken up for civil rights?

Your premise is downright foolish.

Obviously one is going to get the occasional nutbar or hater or paid assassin but why promote the probabilities by being ignorant and/or arrogant? If you avoid doing the wrong thing you limit the number of people you piss off. That seems to be a rational statement.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 6/19.2012 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

And I would say, You cant please all of the people all of the time. There will always be people who do not like the President or his family, just as there will always be people who love the President and his family.. If all it took was a change of heart by the President to make the whole world love him it would be done but you know thats not possible or even desirable. Our leaders have always been targets and they always will be. No changing of policy will guarantee the life of any leader.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join