It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS to buy up to 7,000 new “personal defense weapons”

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
As if the recent purchase of 450 million 40cal rounds and the supposed activation of FEMA ccamps in all 50 states wasn’t enough, now the DHS is seeking to purchase 7,000 select fire “personal defense weapons” which fire the popular 5.56mm NATO round. What are these weapons for??

The newest weapons order – which was originally posted on June 7, 2012 and has a response date of July 9, 2012 – is for so-called personal defense weapons which would be used in close quarters combat situations when maximum concealment is required.

I find that last part quite interesting, as requiring maximum concealment for a 5.56x45mm NATO weapon is not really a run of the mill request.

The solicitation also specifies that the guns will be quite small for a rifle at a mere 30 inches or less with the stock fully extended and 20 inches or less with the stock fully retracted or folded.

They also specify that the barrel must come equipped with a flash suppressor and/or muzzle brake, noting, “The muzzle device will be rated on its ability to reduce muzzle signature.”

Unfortunately, the information we have on the actual reason behind these large procurements is non-existent.

If we can take the DHS’s history with the refusal to explain the reason why they need hundreds of millions of hollow point bullets, it is safe to say that they will likely thwart any attempt to get them to explain why they need these thousands of firearms as well.
link

Aside from the massive expenses associated with these ventures, when you look at them (and their possible uses) together the picture is quite ominous indeed.

What is in store for the American people AND who are they preparing to use these things against?

edit on 17-6-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

What are these weapons for??

Us. They are getting ready for the coming Revolution. The US has the most armed civilian population in the world and when it comes down to it we won't be just throwing rocks and burning cars like you are seeing on the World news.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

Us. They are getting ready for the coming Revolution.

That’s what suspect, though it could be something less offensive.

Maybe they know of some coming natural disaster and they’re preparing for the obvious chaos that will follow.

Whatever it is it can’t be good for us!

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

if they come for the people it will not be pretty..... we would probably use every gurella warfare and boobytrap and I have been thinking about what supplies one would need to devise a homemade home protection alarm!

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Maybe I'm missing something, but 7,000 rounds (up to) doesnt sound like enough to do much with in terms of the above speculation this is to be used against the population.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7
Maybe I'm missing something, but 7,000 rounds (up to) doesnt sound like enough to do much with in terms of the above speculation this is to be used against the population.

It isnt rounds, but weapons...

The rounds were a seperate order a couple months back... something like 450 million, .40 cal hollow points, and 175 million .223 rounds(which would work in the 5.56 rifles the OP is talking about

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

No, its 7,000 weapons not rounds!

They purchased 450 million 40cal rounds and after this new weapons purchase I'm sure we'll see a large 5.56mm ammo purchase next.

(EDIT - Sorry, moder1. Your post wasn’t there when I responded.
)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Civil unrest is always a possibility. My conspiracy side tells me that it is even likely due to a planned collapse or secret disaster. However, can someone provide GPS coords for these FEMA sites?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

We posted at the same time hehe

And yeah they did order 175 million .223 cal rounds, which do work in 5.56x45 rifles...

Also dont forget about the bulletproof checkpoints they ordered... and FEMA ordering all those freeze dried foods a year ago

Yeah this just doesnt sit right with me... something is being planned

link   

Originally posted by morder1

It isnt rounds, but weapons...

The rounds were a seperate order a couple months back... something like 450 million, .40 cal hollow points, and 175 million .223 rounds(which would work in the 5.56 rifles the OP is talking about

Ah, yes. I see now.
Thx.

link   
reply to post by seabag

Knowing the stupid feds they purchased the 40 cal rounds for the new weapons and have yet to figure out their error.
edit on 17-6-2012 by Numbers33four because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
reply to post by seabag

What are these weapons for??

Us. They are getting ready for the coming Revolution. The US has the most armed civilian population in the world and when it comes down to it we won't be just throwing rocks and burning cars like you are seeing on the World news.

Its 7 thousand not 7million

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
This is probably the most concerning news to date from the DHS. If they are to protect the homeland, and implied they will protect US Citizens, then why are they ordering these weapons?

A combat battalion is about a thousand people at mid-full strength. In Iraq and Afghanistan, quick response type combat battalions are able to send four to five companies across a large area of operations. Sometimes a single brigade will cover 40% of the most populated areas of a country during an 18 month tour.

Basically, you are talking about 7 battalions, that is about two brigades. That means that they could operate through much of the US in a rotation of 6 months at a time without pause.

So, if there was an outside threat we should be told about it but the actions taken by the DHS sound alarms that 'we the people' are the threat.

Very concerned, and be very aware that DHS will be monitoring reaction to orders like these on every forum, media platform and the like. So, you are being watched, hold not a single belief otherwise.

ETA: 3,000 troops for combat and direct combat support. Example of combat support would be a 'combat medic' or engineer. Two of those would equal 6,000 armed troops, leaving 1,000 remaining. The last 1,000 would probably consist of a specialized quick response force that is spread out in groups of 100-200 but centralized under a battalion flag and thus the same command and control hierarchy.

You then have to realize there will be 30,000 drones giving real time top down command and control data, while probably being armed later. There will be threat fusion centers monitoring all communications. There will be command and control elements in a 1/100 ratio whom are out of combat but in charge of operations or in support of them like paperwork, radio, psyops, and intelligence interpretation.

It's called "a domestic force, as strong and well armed as our military." I believe I heard that before, from the President.

edit on 17-6-2012 by JDINFOWARRIOR because:

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Numbers33four

Civil unrest is always a possibility. My conspiracy side tells me that it is even likely due to a planned collapse or secret disaster. However, can someone provide GPS coords for these FEMA sites?

There is a lot of info on the FEMA sites in the link I provided in the OP.

I’m too lazy to go digging through the entire thread for you.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

There is a lot of info on the FEMA sites in the link I provided in the OP.

I’m too lazy to go digging through the entire thread for you.

I am too lazy too. I will wait to get concerned until someone is not too lazy to actually post the coordinates instead of a link to a site where they probably uploaded the phony coordinates themselves..

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
You have to look at the type of weapon they are purchasing. With so short of a barrel it makes me want to lean toward either a weapon for vehicles or room clearing. My two cents.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

I am too lazy too. I will wait to get concerned until someone is not too lazy to actually post the coordinates instead of a link to a site where they probably uploaded the phony coordinates themselves..

You’ll wait to be served info rather than searching for your own answers, huh?

I’m sure proof derived from thousands of hours of research into the existence of FEMA camps means nothing to you, am I right? The 'war relocation camps' of WW2 never existed either, right? The government has never illegally detained US citizens, right?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

You’ll wait to be served info rather than searching for your own answers, huh?

You're the one unwilling to provide evidence of something you claim exists.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

You're the one unwilling to provide evidence of something you claim exists.

I did provide evidence….

Did you miss the first video?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
7,000 firearms, divided among the 90 agencies the DHS supplies. That's not very many.

And your insistence the 450 million rounds is somehow 'nefarious' - Politifact rates as "mostly false"

Says the Department of Homeland Security has ordered "enough rounds of .40 caliber ammunition to kill every man, woman and child in the United States," possibly to combat "massive civil unrest" or "an invasion by a foreign power."

Chain email says Homeland Security purchasing many bullets perhaps in anticipation of civil unrest or an invasion

we reached Homeland Security spokesman Matthew Chandler who said by email that the cited quantity of up to 450 million rounds is "the quantity projected to be used over the next five years."

"This contract is intended to be used by all (agency) components, except" the U.S. Coast Guard, he said, which uses ammunition obtained through the Defense Department. According to a Homeland Security web page, the agency’s 20-plus components include the Transportation Security Administration, which handles passenger screening at most airports; U.S. Customs and Border Protection, entrusted with keeping terrorists and their weapons out of the country and with enforcing immigration and drug laws; U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement; and the Secret Service.

Chandler’s email continues: "This contract is part of the department’s strategic sourcing efforts to combine multiple previous contracts in order to leverage the purchasing power of the entire department, including the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center," another Homeland Security component, "which trains nearly all federal law enforcement personnel, to efficiently procure equipment and supplies."

On its website, the Georgia-based center says it trains law officers for 90 federal agencies and also officers in state, local, tribal, and international law enforcement. Chandler said that in the 12 months through September 2011, over 11,000 students at the center fired over 11 million rounds of .40 caliber ammunition, primarily in basic training.

Chandler said earlier that Homeland Security oversees more than 135,000 weapons-carrying officers.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join