It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why America Is Doomed And Why The World Hates America.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by grubblesnert

form the far flung continent of Australia comes a visionary ecomonic/political historian and prognosticator. A sage, a wit a true genius!

Oh, it's also where that Germanicus guy is from.

Germanicus, you are young and well intentioned. But, you do seem to have an agenda based on an extreme bias. What you are doing and the way your going about it is America bashing. You need to step back and engage more in the real world around you. Like I said in a earlier response to another post. You are not American, You are Australian. You can never have the same perspectives and experiences of one of us anymore than I could expect to relate to your nation as a native Australian.
American and Americans are diverse and resilient. Made up of all cultures and races. Regardless of your veiw, even if your correct, American will never go away. We, the citizens, will adapt, overcome, and improve after the crooks are gone and the USD does whatever it's going to do.
And by the way this is a world problem created by the corporations and ultra-wealthy not an American only thing.

Think of something happy young man! or Stimpy will make you wear the happy hat

your friend, grubblesnert

I really hope a MOD sends you applause for your response to this! I too believe G to be passionate and I only wish I had thought along the lines as you have to come up with your response to him versus allowing him to frustrate the hell out of me and just get into a pissin match with him!!! We are all learning together G. and I have learned something today from reading grubblesnets reply to you!! I thank you both for helping me to learn something today!

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Germanicus

edit on 17-6-2012 by JDmOKI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

You just love all this hate filled attention from the American users and ur even own Australian countrymen. The USA will not just cease to exist, just great poverty and people dying. I know you are probably 19 and don't realize the gravity at which the destruction of the USD would cause worldwide(even to ur beloved china). These types of negative threads are meant to divide not unite that's why i don't like u germanicus.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus
I am in favour of Australia ending its military alliance with the United States.

Every last member of the Australian public, outside the government, could hypothetically hold this opinion, and it would not make it happen.

Yes, America is going to destroy itself. There isn't really any point in dwelling on it or worrying about it, one way or the other. It is inevitable.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963
reply to post by grubblesnert

form the far flung continent of Australia comes a visionary ecomonic/political historian and prognosticator. A sage, a wit a true genius!

Oh, it's also where that Germanicus guy is from.

Germanicus, you are young and well intentioned. But, you do seem to have an agenda based on an extreme bias. What you are doing and the way your going about it is America bashing. You need to step back and engage more in the real world around you. Like I said in a earlier response to another post. You are not American, You are Australian. You can never have the same perspectives and experiences of one of us anymore than I could expect to relate to your nation as a native Australian.
American and Americans are diverse and resilient. Made up of all cultures and races. Regardless of your veiw, even if your correct, American will never go away. We, the citizens, will adapt, overcome, and improve after the crooks are gone and the USD does whatever it's going to do.
And by the way this is a world problem created by the corporations and ultra-wealthy not an American only thing.

Think of something happy young man! or Stimpy will make you wear the happy hat

your friend, grubblesnert

I really hope a MOD sends you applause for your response to this! I too believe G to be passionate and I only wish I had thought along the lines as you have to come up with your response to him versus allowing him to frustrate the hell out of me and just get into a pissin match with him!!! We are all learning together G. and I have learned something today from reading grubblesnets reply to you!! I thank you both for helping me to learn something today!
Your response is very gracious!

Thank you

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
So basically this is all whining that America doesn't do things like Europe does.

The point of America was to do things differently than Europe does.

i agree with this post right here. Wasn't that the entire point of leaving Europe?

its still interesting none-the-less

haters gonna hate

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

I think America is a great country with some wonderful people. Just need to round up all the politicians and send them to Guantanamo.

Let the man in the street run the country, they couldn't possibly make a worse job of it !

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
One of the reasons I've bought I've bought things to help me and my family out 1/4 acre of seeds ( Non Monsanto seeds) shotgun for large game, handgun for home defense, and compound bow just in case I run out of bullets and learning to make my own arrows.

If the dollar goes belly up people who can hunt and farm will be assets, or be prey when people can't get food...

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by mytheroy

OPSEC Dude.

OPSEC

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Just a bookmark here,
will
comment
later...

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

The US/West have effectively exported our Manufacturing and Industrial waste, Air and Water pollution to China in exchange for cheap trinkets and unemployment.

This is why they have their eye on Australia's vast openness, that and the great beer, beaches and babes.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

I honestly thinking the US and it's ways are the only thing holding back a red tide from the far east.
As long as Americans are blood thirsty capitalists , no one else has to deal with China or Russia.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Be careful what you wish for. The Chinese are not known for being gentle and tolerant or for bestowing freedom. As bad as you find the U.S., things can be much, much worse.
I'm of the opinion that the US has tied itself too much to an intertwined, internationalist economy whose failure is inevitable. You can have it. But I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
I'd rather we remained separate and lead by example. International banking had to go and screw everything up.

China is a paper tiger. It will be interesting to see who ultimately emerges.
But if China does emerge, Australia would definitely be in their sphere. Have fun with the violent crackdowns on civil liberties and forced abortions.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by muzzleflash

The US/West have effectively exported our Manufacturing and Industrial waste, Air and Water pollution to China in exchange for cheap trinkets and unemployment.

This is why they have their eye on Australia's vast openness, that and the great beer, beaches and babes.

I'm not convinced that China is the main danger that Australia faces. I'm not too fussed about America having a military presence either. What worries me is ultra-nationalist groups who basically hate the West and round eyed devils, as it were. People wrongly assume that because we have dealt with our own kind of uneducated propaganda and divisive behavior, that so will have Asia, but for the Asians living well amongst us there are many more living in poverty under dictatorships.

It doesn't appear as if this is seen as a major problem. It won't be taken as a threat until it threatens the pockets of those who see nothing else.

This is the beginning, in a way. I hope more people start to realize what the true threats are. They are not actually nationalities or any particular group, rather they are actors in a game of relevance, all seeking to be at ground zero of any hot topic. The culture and history of this type of behavior is currently under the radar, but until it is uncovered it can only get worse. More insanity will ensue.

If we end with two polar opposites it will be devastating for them both. 1, that destroys it's self in selfish crusades (Geranium) and 2. their counterparts in crime.. the ones that get away with it all.

All for the lack of hugs

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by pierregustavetoutant
Be careful what you wish for. The Chinese are not known for being gentle and tolerant or for bestowing freedom. As bad as you find the U.S., things can be much, much worse.
I'm of the opinion that the US has tied itself too much to an intertwined, internationalist economy whose failure is inevitable. You can have it. But I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
I'd rather we remained separate and lead by example. International banking had to go and screw everything up.

China is a paper tiger. It will be interesting to see who ultimately emerges.
But if China does emerge, Australia would definitely be in their sphere. Have fun with the violent crackdowns on civil liberties and forced abortions.

I don't know why you respond to this sort of mindless trolling, this way. Australians are never going to accept extreme accounts of future possibilities. In the end, you do their work by exaggerating the truth. Australians will sit back and say, well it isn't like that, and lets things slip more than they otherwise would.

As for American's who always considered us friends, that they should realize that in the end America won't be doing much for any country other than their own, mainly American corporations and strategic interests... we already know about that and China wants to make it clear.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I'm sorry to say, I see some truth in what the op is saying. If you're American, you can't deny some of these things that are leading to the demise of America.

- The value of the dollar continues to fall.
- The bar continues to be lowered in classrooms and colleges across the United States.
- The loss of liveable wage manufacturing jobs to China and other countries who employ cheap labor.
- More and more countries are getting tired of being bullied and used by the United States.
- U.S. foreign policy and occupations are creating more enemies than friends.
- More and more constitutional rights are being taken away from its citizens.
- The election process is being taken away from the people and being influenced and controlled by corporate and special interests.
- The media is becoming an arm of the government creating bias reporting and ignoring corruption in government.
- The constant saber rattling and intimidation toward other non-ally countries.
- The decline of the middle class.
- The failure to invest in a real energy policy.
- The steady increase in food imports and the decline in American Farming.
- The skyrocketing cost of healthcare.
- Steady rise in unemployment
- The increase in home foreclosures
- The Federal Reserve inflating the value of the dollar
- The excessive rise in college tuition costs
- Over spending in government
- Excessive Military spending
- Excessive Taxation

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
World doesn't hate. It just exists, just as neutrally as the sun.

Sun shines to the evil and the good, equally. The same way, the world doesn't get involved with hates or loves - it just exists.

Of course, if we are exact, 'world' is a word to describe the human image (an abstract semantic) of their surrounding environment, that can loosely be mentally tied to the concept of a 'planet' (though of course not necessarily).

In any case, it's the individual people who love or hate, it's not a collective (that you call 'world'). Each individual is free, according to his/her free will to have any attitude the choose about anything at any given moment, and to feel whatever they choose to feel the same way. So there's no "world that hates", there's only individual people that may or may not hate something.

Countries are illusions anyway - they are more 'ideas' or 'definitions' than actual, geographical places. And in the worst case, they are actually corporations.

From another perspective, you can say that countries do not really exist - Japan exists as a bunch of geographical islands, but not as a country, for example - as you can really not see any 'borderlines' (which are basically just 'agreements' or 'contracts' more than anything substancial that exist in the actual reality-for-all) from space or high altitudes (or even low altitudes or the ground level, except where people have created some sort of artificial sign to mark a territory or another).

In any case, this is a complicated and multi-layered topic of course, but my point is that people toss that kind of terminology too easily, and then believe it's true. But I could ask you to show me, where is this 'world' you talk about, and show me where the 'hate' resides.. you would have a difficult task ahead of you, and even in the end, I could show you that your proof is not accurate - you could only show me a 'planet' (or parts of it), and individual people, who have expressed certain kinds of criticism (which is not necessarily even hate in any form).

And to avoid the traps of legalese, we must always define the words and terminology - what do you mean by 'world', and what do you mean by 'hate', and what do you mean by 'America' (it could mean more things than is perhaps immediately obvious), and so on.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Why the heck does Everyone want to come here?? Dont blame the American People for what our Government does!! All most of us get to do is Work and Sleep!! We the regular people are not rich. I work everyday and I still dont make enough money to get a home for me and my children. We are all slaves to the rich! How do we differ from Russia?? Same concept..they just Tax Us to Death in this country! Health Care will be the downfall of our country. I am paying 360.00 dollars a month for healthcare that I cannot even afford to use! I only bring home 320.00 a week with no overtime. I take care of sick people for a living. Do you think anyone cares if I catch something from them? No-one cares..its the bottom line. All disgust aside- I will stand by my own country and protect my own people! If you hate us..stay the heck out of here!!

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

We Americans dont want war!! It breaks my heart to see what is going on in the Middle East!! Personally, I think we should stay out of the Middle East. I think we should send them food and medical supply and thats it. The Middle East should be left alone to take care of their own problems. We dont know how to help them?? Then when we do send people to help..they dont know who the enemy is?? How can you go to war and not even know what you are fighting for!

As far as China- I will not buy items that come from there! I am sick of the outsourcing! Our own people here in America are becoming homeless and without food!! There are people whom are moving out in the woods in tents just to have a home, and you think we are living it up in this country!

Iran- who the hell cares what they have..What good is it going to do..to blow each other up. In my opinion No-One needs Nuclear Weapons!!

We Americans dont think we are better than anyone. We are just simple humans trying to survive!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Oh not another Germanicus GO CHINA thread,

Remember, It aint over to the fat lady sings...

The US is still by a long shot the biggest economy in the world, should the BRIC s unseat the USD as world reserve currency it will set about a global depression in time of uncertainty war will likely break out, China will be shooting itself in the foot, China is reliant on vast Oil imports it wouldn't be hard to choke its economy, an eye for an eye and all that, its vast oil imports is where in the next few year China it is going to struggle when the Western world and its allies own much of the oil production capacity, it could simply horde & reserve oil for itself and refuse to sell it, this alone would send China into negative growth,

The next obstacle for China’s mercantilist economic culture. Mercantilism is the national policy of maintaining a persistently very large positive trade balance in order to maximize employment and accumulate financial resources. When exports equal imports, a nation has essentially a barter system; it derives no net profit from foreign trade. When exports greatly exceed imports, resulting in a heavily positive trade balance, the exporting nation receives imports plus money rather than just imports in exchange for its exports. China, Germany, and Japan—but above all China—are mercantilist nations, which have accumulated huge balances of foreign currencies, particular USD, by exporting to the United States much more than they import

So again how does China plan on retaining its growth if it should unseat the USD as reserve currency?

Germanicus can have his mental masturbation of a US collapse all he wants, but the US's power and influence on this planet will still be there for decades to come

money.cnn.com...
edit on 18-6-2012 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join