It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The UFO-shaped object found at the bottom of the Baltic Sea... covered in soot, with 'little firepl

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

yea to me its quite bogus......

the divers went down there,, they cant be more specific with what this thing was,,,, did they dive and were able to get close and touch it and inspect it? they didnt knock on it see if its metal.... they have to remain mysterious and draw this thing out,,,,,

also i know in a 3 foot lake or pond theres all types of slime and algae that covers rocks,,, all the way down in the sea who knows what could be covering those rocks ( if it isnt actually soot)...........

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Originally posted by Numbers33four

Here is the information that we think we have:

1000 foot skid mark

280 foot diameter circular object

circular object is soot covered and mushroom shaped

My best guess:

Flatish circular object entered atmosphere and came in hot (refer to War of the Worlds classic version).
Flatish circular object hit the eart and skidded.
The earth where circular object hit and came to a stop was covered in dense flora. Object burrowed under this plant material.
Circular object smoldered creating "soot".

Conclusion: under the "soot" may be something truly interesting.

Alternate conclusion: nothing to see here. Move along.
edit on 17-6-2012 by Numbers33four because: (no reason given)

Has anyone actually looked at the math of this?
I'm not good with numbers at all, but if this thing 'crashed' then is there something wrong with the numbers given.

As some people have been comparing it to a 747 in size, lets look at that as an example.
This seabed object is approx. 274 feet.. for arguments sake.. The 'skid mark' `1000 feet..

Now look at a Boeing 747 ... It needs a runway of 10,000 feet to operate.

Required runway at MTOW* 10,466 ft (3,190 m)

en.wikipedia.org...
Then you gotta allow for variables.
Balanced field takeoff
As for an average, there's a bits of info from this forum;

As most people have said it is around 6000 - 7000 feet depending on weight & runway surface condition.
ww.airliners.net...
Apparently, 747's need a runway that is at least 1 foot thick...

Now, we need to consider what happens to a 747 on impact in a crash situation.. Given its actual structural strength, it's not very strong. It's just a tube of metal.. as light as possible. The main weight is the passengers, cargo, engines and fuel.
This 747 crashed on take off...

The aircraft lost altitude and the rear fuselage made contact with
the ground approximately 1120 metres beyond the departure end of
runway 24. Parts of the aircraft struck an elevated road 114 metres
further on and it started to break up.

The main portion skidded an additional 340 metres during which time
it turned to the left through approximately 180 degrees. The aircraft
was destroyed by impact and subsequent fire.

dnausers.d-n-a.net...
340 mtrs. = 1,115 feet..
114 mtrs. = 374 feet

Remember, that it skidded... it did not plough into the ground like we see the sea bed object has apparently done. Also if it was something from outer space then it surely must be built of sturdier stuff in order to survive re-entry. So how fast was it going? at what angle was it flying? could there be more 'skid' marks further back, it may have bounced.

That's if, whatever it is, was actually flying in the first place.. The skid mark is definitely interesting as much as the object itself.
edit on 17-6-2012 by Extralien because: (no reason given)

ETA
As a visual aid, have a look at this...
virtualglobetrotting.com...

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Andyblue90

They're more concerned about reporting on the football or the latest gossip from 'who said what to who' in the glitz and glamour world.

Reporting on something meaningful would just go way over the heads of most people because they've had their brains washed, rinsed and repeated by a lifetime of the daily dose of nonsense posted in my first sentence

I think we will get to hear some bits of it in time though as popular demand and the way the net seems to be pushing stories these days.
TV will only really grab it when they've actually got something to air.. at the moment we on ATS are having a hard enough time waiting for info/data as it is.. Any specialsit TV companies must be pulling their hair out waiting for results..

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB

Originally posted by HomerinNC
this is currently being investigated, it was discovered to be some kind of underwater mushroom

I thought Han Solo had ditched in the Baltic...

I wonder what they will think when they find Chewie's body/skeleton inside.
edit on 17-6-2012 by Dizrael because: Brain farted an extra word in there...

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dizrael

Originally posted by EvanB

this is currently being investigated, it was discovered to be some kind of underwater mushroom

I thought Han Solo had ditched in the Baltic...

I wonder if what they will think when they find Chewie's body/skeleton inside.

I doubt it.. last thing I heard Chewie was running a brothel in Gdansk... His kids would explain the hairy women there..

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I don't recall the explorers ever saying it was a runway, although the Daily Mail might. They did say, and they said that even before diving, that it had the appearance of a drag mark, just as thay are saying that the object has the appearance of a mushroom, and that the appearance is unusual, and seems to be made of sandstone. That's all they have said, so anyone talking about there being runways, skid marks and mushrooms is making it up, this is getting so silly.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
reply to post by EvanB

If it's a plug to the underworld.

I hope they open it.

Are you sure? I hear there are "bad things" down there!

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Hypothetically speaking here - what if it was some kind space craft? what if it was smoking on decent and the soot baked onto the craft on the way down? What if it hit water first and slowed way - way - way down in the water and skidded 1,000 feet?

I noticed that the photos the object from the first thread looked nothing like the ones they are showing now - wtf? what happened to the large estimated 747 comparison?

Just saying - the mushroom may have been in trouble just before hitting the water.Time will tell

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Several points - - the Baltic Sea is known to have very poor underwater visibility, a matter of just a few feet; a great deal of sediment and minute floating debris. Clear photographs can't be expected. It looks as if they did about as well as they could. A much better quality of SONAR imagery than that so far seen is supposed to become available soon. As this is produced by sound waves, not light, it is much less limited by visible murkiness. Three dimensional analysis is contemplated, which should overcome some of the limitations of the previous 'side scan' SONAR images.
*****The object is clearly enigmatic. They are simply not yet in a position to say what it is or isn't. They are wisely awaiting the better SONAR images, and the analysis of the samples of the 'disk' materials, which have already been turned over to scientists. With luck, we might see the results as early as sometime this coming week.
***** The black deposits noted on some the small stones may be natural oxides of iron, magnesium, or manganese, rather than carbon remnants of burning. The idea that the very rough appearing small circles of stones atop the large object are hearths or fire rings obviously suggested the latter interpretation. This idea is unlikely, I feel, since the Baltic has apparently been under either water or ice cap for a very, very long time.

edit on 17-6-2012 by Ross 54 because: improvement of clarity

edit on 17-6-2012 by Ross 54 because: added information

edit on 17-6-2012 by Ross 54 because: corrected punctuation.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Hi,
I was into this big time at first but now get the feel we are getting played.
But I'd love to be wrong but I dont think I am.

We got big round rocks and boulders all over the place with smaller boulders on top of them.
There 2'nd update/video, DOES NOT SHOW ANYTHING.
All we got from them is words,and they are very vague.

And the rocks on top of the big mushroom shape boulder are not a circle to me,they did there best to make it look like one at the angle they took the photo, and I give them a D for portraying it as so.

This also was in the works to make a documentary out of it quite some months back,I have no problem with people making money,and it is nice to has other who can go take a look.

But unfortunate sometimes,some that do this are really out just for the money and know its BS.
The bigfoot community has a fellow called Tom Biscardi,kinda wonder if he is managing them?
LOL

As for them coming to the suface with more questions than answers?
They came up with nothing.
ZILCH

Hats off to them and cool they had the guts and interest to investigate,glad someone funded them as well.
I wish them the best of luck on there treasure hunts also.
I think theres more to this called "greed" and and a little con game.

These guys could drag this on for some time,,such as,,"in a couple more weeks,we will be heading back to do a couple more dives",etc.,etc.
Jaque cousteau would laugh at them with the photos of there last expedition!
Trump would fire them.

A few here here relate this to Stone Henge being found or a ancient city
Based on what?
Ive seen enuff of the 1 sonar image to last a life time on how its enhanced,color changed,3d,yada, yada,etc.
Some of you should buy a box a corn flakes and examine them?

All we got are vague words and photos that SHOW NOTHING.

There could be a contract with them to make this into a documentary and they will get paid reguardles, and they just have to do there part.(funded business venture)

I am am open minded,love to wrong on this but I dont think I am.

When a glacier comes into play,then a ocean/sea sits upon it for thousands upon thousands of years,the pyrimids would turn to dust,even if made of high tensil steel.

We have many sunken ships on our oceans,pretty neat we find wrecks of them,but do you think they will be around in 5000 years.
But I know some things can become fossilized.(so shame on me ,huh?,LOL)

Sorry,I respect everyone here and it is fun,sorry to gripe.

I myself beleive in UFO's and yet cant offer tangible proof.
I do apologize if I offended anyone.
Probly best if one ignores and avoids certain threads.

Im sure there are ancient cities under the oceans that were dry land at one time and many mysteries hidden.

I am actually glad to see some open minds even if I disagree with them.

Love you all!

Molly

edit on 17-6-2012 by MollyMN because: spelling as usual

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

They did not say it was a Mushroom
It has the appearance of one. Not flat

. First they thought it was just stone or a rock cliff, but after further observations the object appeared more as a huge mushroom, rising 3-4 meters/10-13 feet from the seabed, with rounded sides and rugged edges

www.oceanexplorer.se...

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Numbers33four

I agree somewhat with your scenario but it looks like a piece broke off and fluttered, landing in a different area along the skid mark

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
heard about this last night on coast to coast

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by azureskys

They did not say it was a Mushroom

My misunderstanding, then.

Though it would be quite hilarious if it turned out to be a mushroom in the end.

The misunderstanding of an analogy ends up being the reality.

Entertaining the notion of a space ship, for a minute... who has read the book: "Sphere" by Micheal Crichton?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I don't think the crew that just looked at this unidentified object will do much more exploring
of the site, as they are treasure hunters not scientific researchers.
Unless they find something of profit that can be referred to as treasure, they will probably have to give up
on this, they are losing money when not finding a treasure to profit from

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
From Dennis Åsberg :

"The first thing we do is a survey ... Then we do a careful examination.
What we have now is a visual image of the subject .... we could not get matrial from the object because it was too hard ... but we have some from the bottom that is sent for testing. We will return and try to get more facts.
But as I mentioned before --- we have no idea what we've found.

Answers to your questions: Yes there are a lot of pictures and movies.

sorry ... not now for many reasons that I do not want to go into ... you must be patient."

They are most likely under contract with those funding the expedition, so they probably can't legally say anything until the contract says they can. Which is understandable, and I can't see why most people aren't considerate of this. Sure we are all curious as to what it is, and it will all come out eventually for sure.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
This article reeks of sensationalism. They already have a sub to take people down to gawk at it?

No talk of going down and exploring this hole on top? Didn't bring any of the soot or rocks back up?

Meh...I am guessing this is some kind of kiln or forge or something related to maybe other ruins they have not found.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dukesy
reply to post by smurfy

Hypothetically speaking here - what if it was some kind space craft? what if it was smoking on decent and the soot baked onto the craft on the way down? What if it hit water first and slowed way - way - way down in the water and skidded 1,000 feet?

I noticed that the photos the object from the first thread looked nothing like the ones they are showing now - wtf? what happened to the large estimated 747 comparison?

Just saying - the mushroom may have been in trouble just before hitting the water.Time will tell

Nothing wrong in what you say at all, it could be all and everything of what you say, indeed that's what the media jumped at and embellished upon. But it didn't start out that way, and as for the explorer team they didn't embellish upon it themselves, the team leader actually said he thought it was a natural formation. The only thing they did speculate on was a possible Russian round ship, and that was soon discounted due to size, and other factors. They have already found elsewhere what is thought to be a Swedish flagship the 'Mars' also last year, but as yet have not gone further there, so they have a lot in the itinerary to go on with.

The aircraft size still stands, you can make nothing of dimensions from the photos.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 6/17/2012 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

Not literally a mushroom .. just mushroom shaped, it was a descriptive thing the team used to explain it's shape .. I suspect it to just be rock ..it could prove that the baltic was at one point in it's history volcanic .. it could be a lava dome .. which would explain the shape! .. The "soot" I think is probably just sediment..

The fact the sonar image didn't match what they found at all really backs up the article I read in popular mechanics where scientists were criticizing the team for not having the sonar properly set up and apparently also having bad wiring.. lastly they were criticized for not going back to do a second pass when they initially found it to try to verify it.. they did several things wrong... so again, the fact that the object didn't match the image shows that the criticism was justified on that front.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy
Nothing wrong in what you say at all, it could be all and everything of what you say, indeed that's what the media jumped at and embellished upon. But it didn't start out that way, and as for the explorer team they didn't embellish upon it themselves, the team leader actually said he thought it was a natural formation. The only thing they did speculate on was a possible Russian round ship, and that was soon discounted due to size, and other factors. They have already found elsewhere what is thought to be a Swedish flagship the 'Mars' also last year, but as yet have not gone further there, so they have a lot in the itinerary to go on with.

The aircraft size still stands, you can make nothing of dimensions from the photos.

The team did play into the notion of it being a UFO .. even after it was revealed to be a "stone" they still used certain terms that played into the idea it could be a craft.. they referred to the trail of sediment as a "runway" even.. I think the hype got way too high and they went along for the ride.. now it's trying to control the disappointment .. the facebook page is filled with people dedicated to the UFO theory and flat out attacking people who suggest otherwise .. they don't want to accept the fact it's probably just an unusual formation.. when really that is exciting in and of itself .. that's what happens when expectations get too high

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join