It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The UFO-shaped object found at the bottom of the Baltic Sea... covered in soot, with 'little firepl

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

I know ATS frowns on good replys but thats a good reply.
STAR.

Hey,to the others here,,I threw some stars at some of you as well.

I beleive in mysteries and UFO's but lets slow down a tad here.

I think some of you should take a deep breath.

The photos they showed us are NOTHING,no new sonar images either?
Do you call that a circle of rocks on that photo?

I think the treasure crew has a contract such as "Deadly catch' type saga documentary,,may play out over seas there but not here.

Im not mad or upset,LOL.

Kinda funny actually..

Molly

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

The company have created a submarine that they hope will appeal to tourists and wannabe shipwreck hunters who will pay to take a trip down to the bottom of the Baltic Sea to see for themselves. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... .html#ixzz1y5u46ybw

There's always someone who will find away to make money on anything extraordinary! I just wonder if they are seriously considering trying to raise this thing or the smaller object nearby and examining it on dry land.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons

The company have created a submarine that they hope will appeal to tourists and wannabe shipwreck hunters who will pay to take a trip down to the bottom of the Baltic Sea to see for themselves. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... .html#ixzz1y5u46ybw

There's always someone who will find away to make money on anything extraordinary! I just wonder if they are seriously considering trying to raise this thing or the smaller object nearby and examining it on dry land.

If it truly is what I suspect it is.. geological.. I can't imagine them being able to raise it, the weight would prevent that ..why would they even want to? .. it would be interesting to drill into it and take a core sample to see exactly what it's composed of .. ( imagine it's one big diamond! .. ok probably not...)

Despite the fact it's not a craft, it's still a great find .. just a little embarrassing for the team I would imagine..
edit on 6/17/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by UnlimitedSky

I know i really hope they would tell us what it is if they figured it out. but as we all know if they discover it is of intelligence greater than ours then we will never know that. they will cover it up and say its just a natural formation. The government would never ever tell us the truth. They never have about these types of things before. But there are plenty of people who have a head on their shoulders and can see through the lies of the government. They think we just accept what they tell us but we know better. Its like the powers in control think we are all stupid. Its very insulting.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MollyMN

Your absolutely correct, we shouldnt jump to conclusions but correct me if im completely wrong, but doesnt the fact that it looks almost exactly like the millenium falcon kind of not make it a coincidence? And i know star wars is a movie but you kind of got to think that maybe star wars was loosley based on fact. Maybe? who knows? I mean if those images are correct and not fixed to look like the falcon then to me thats no coincidence. Im one of the beilevers who feel like sci-fi is just a way for the public to be introduced to real fact and for the government to know how we would react. I mean so many people just dismiss everything as sci fi because its in movies and tv. The government thinks we wont believe because we have been conditioned to think its all made up. But if they actually want us to not believe because they make truth into sci-fi, well then their plan is working. And is a shame that more people dont realize this. Maybe im just crazy though. lol But i do agree that we cannot jump to conclusions right away because then we just look silly. Oh and sorry for the bad grammar. History and science was my strong suit in school, not english. lol.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Crimeas23

Doesn't some moons of our own planets resemble the death star-almost perfectly I might add?
edit on 17-6-2012 by AFewGoodWomen because: Grammar Nazi

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crimeas23
reply to post by MollyMN

Your absolutely correct, we shouldnt jump to conclusions but correct me if im completely wrong, but doesnt the fact that it looks almost exactly like the millenium falcon kind of not make it a coincidence?

But it doesn't .. the sonar image did but that sonar image was grossly inaccurate to the actual shape of the object
..It would have been great if it actually did look like that but I suspected it wouldn't after reading the popular mechanics piece that criticized the team's sonar setup .. the article even suggested there might not be an object there at all, the team should have gone back over for a second pass and triple checked the equipment..

Turns out there IS something there but it's basically a big round rock .. which to me looks almost like a lava dome that's very old..
edit on 6/17/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Its not a UFO, it is now a USO. Unidentified submerged object

Or, in Samoan, USO means BROTHER. Just sayin

edit on 17-6-2012 by Light soul because: I doubled up the word now

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

You're right. The sonar image looks nothing like it. Someone said because sonar won't look the object but I grabbed some other sonar images that do. I'll re-post them here.

Nothing odd about these right? Very detailed and no confusion that these are ships. Then we have this...

If the last picture is not of the entire object, then why is it even published as such? Something doesn't seem right about this

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Yeah the "soot" thing has me scratching my head. Soot would float on water. It's more likely detritus if it's fine particulate matter. Soot would have had to have been created during combustion of some sort and then settled on the object when not submerged. Once water was introduced, it would have been displaced and more than likely it would float away from what ever this object is. I don't think "soot" is the correct term. Maybe they feel this is some form of underwater vent and the "soot" is actually more of a volcanic ash?

Originally posted by Sinny
Thanks for bringing this to attention OP!

I think its pointless trying to debate it's a natural formation. That skid marks pretty self explanatory, what ever it is skidded to a halt.

Assuming large buildings don't just skid across the land, we can only assume its a space/water vechile

Depending how long its been there, affects how much rock/coral/crap might be layered on top.

The strange blaire witch rocks are clearly meaningful. At least, they're clearly not accidental.

Soot?! In the sea?! More strangeness!

If I was them, I'd take rock/soot samples, and drill down to see what its actually made of.

And what was that comment about an oval egg opening? Explore that more.

Wish they would hurry! I'm most curious!
edit on 17-6-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
To myself, the fact that the object is "off" the floor in the first place would tend to make me more curious as to what is "holding it up" first, which can help determine wither it is a natural or artificially made construction..

If their are support columns, then it is more then likely artificial, however if the base is centralized, and made of natural formations, then either it is resting upon them, or is an outcrop from them, making it either an artificial construct resting on the rocks, or is a "natural" formation of the most unusual design, which still could have been artificially "shaped" by a civilization...

In an outward way, this look exactly like one of those so called "ice crystals" NASA claimed were around the tether incident in the space shuttle experiment (never mind they would slow down, and even interact with the tether itself)
Wonder if on one side they find a slot shape?.. it does have the central hole as those do, and many of them in the NASA tether incident fit the scale estimations done..

Hmmmm..

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Interesting that they said there were "burning rocks" surrounding a hole? That seems geothermal or volcanic. They also mentioned a lot of soot. I'm sure somebody has an idea what it's.

A ufo? Very much doubt that. All of the other more likely possibilities have to be eliminated first before we assume this is some kind of ufo or ancient artifact. First of all, the baltic used to be buried under a couple miles of ice (20,000 years ago) and anything that might have been down there would have been crushed beyond recognition. In my view, this is something geologic that was crushed and moved by the rebounding glaciers. It could just as well be volcanic, though.

But none of this is worht talking about if they're hoaxers. I'm leaving the door open for that possibility. The picture of that guy standing next to the sub saying that they wanted to bring rich people down to see the object just made me laugh and reconsider the sincerity of these people.

I know it's expensive to go down there, but if this was anything to woryr about, I'd imagine that dozens of scientists would already be onto this and funding would come in short order.
edit on 18-6-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
"Tourist trips: Diver Peter Lindberg is hoping to take wealthy tourists down in this submarine to see the object"

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... .html#ixzz1y7es51q0

That's about all you really need to know. $$$$

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Plotus

Just saying, conspiracy wise, what if that is the cover story? *Alphabet Agency X* goes in disguised as wealthy tourists doing the dive so nobody is suspicious of a submarine snooping around.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Certainly the runway feature is one of the most interesting aspects of this. Very interested to see more news come from this

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Why not just build or drop a dome or pyramid over/above the anomaly, remove the H2O and pressurise. Then start wondering WTF in an environment more suited to our way of study. Its only 300m down, surely this is with in our technological tool bag by now?
edit on 18-6-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-6-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

It could be done but at an expense that would be prohibitive and probably not worth doing unless it is found to not be a natural formation.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

Burning / soot and "runway" - sounds like possible meteor to me and may offer a basis for some of the mythology from the region.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

"It could be done but at an expense that would be prohibitive and probably not worth doing unless it is found to not be a natural formation."

Thats the point, geographical known history of the area imply that is not a natural formation, i think this could quite possibly be a crash site of a UFO, maybe an ancient Vimana. If you dont look, you dont find, eh?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

But why jump to the improbable when there are known meteor events in the region? For example the Kaali crater. Ok, this is further over the Baltic Sea, towards Estonia, but this is proven to have happened. A difference of several hundred miles for impact is a tiny variation for something approaching the planet.

There have also been at 2 major drainings of periglacial lakes over the last 7500 years - material from elsewhere could easily have been carried to this location from elsewhere.

It could be anything but its wisest to rule out the most obvious first and then see whats left, rather than jumping straight to spaceships!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join