It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The UFO-shaped object found at the bottom of the Baltic Sea... covered in soot, with 'little firepl

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

"It could be anything but its wisest to rule out the most obvious first and then see whats left, rather than jumping straight to spaceships!"

The reason i thought UFO/Vimana was the egg shaped hole/depression in the middle of the anomaly. Vimanas were said to be powered by egg shapped containers with a metalic type substance"maybe mercury" contained within them. Just a thought. Wonder what the residue covering the object is?

edit on 18-6-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
this is currently being investigated, it was discovered to be some kind of underwater mushroom
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 6/17/2012 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

Nobody legitimate ever said it was a mushroom.

If you think that, it's because you looked at a headline (or glanced at a headline) and didn't read it's article.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
I'm surprised there is no mention or talk of the high radition levels Peter Lindberg claims to have found around the object when it was first discovered, surely this would be one of the first things tested and confirmed

I want this to be real, and i hope im wrong but it's starting to feel like a load of bs to me

It's in the way they played their cards.
Their website for example www.oceanexplorer.se...now if thats not playing up the "UFO" theory then Bobs my Uncle!

The updates seem to say to me "this really does look JUST like a (sandstone) rock formation, but we are not qualified scientists or geologist, so we will keep playing the "mysterious anomaly" card untill we can get our TV show.

Ocean X Team has now signed a partnership agreement with Titan TV production.
Titan TV will produce a TV documentary series and documantary film for an international audience.
The production starts in April, see more at: www.balticcowboys.com

The above quote is taken from their website www.oceanexplorer.se... dated 2012-03-16
So the pressure was on these guys to come up with somthing. or did they already know what they were going to find?

And if these guys do have a TV program in the works, then i would think they have no intentions of releasing any meaningful information, they will just stir up as much interest as possible, until the show is aired on TV. And we will all be let down when we find out it's nothing but rocks.

On the bright side, I'm usually wrong

edit on 18/6/12 by dadfortruth1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

Fair enough, interesting thoughts whatever! If this was a vimana (first one ever found), then i would happily eat a very large helping of humble pie.

To Dadfortruth1,

Regarding the radiation levels first observed, sorry for banging the meteor drum again but isn't radiation an indicator of meteors?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I'm not sure of all the implications of high levels of radiation, but as far as i know it would fit the theory of a meteor.
It would also help make their story more intriguing.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

I think you have hit the nail on the head, something stinks here, the sonar does not represent the pictures that have been released I have come the conclusion they have been got at by tptb such a shame

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake
reply to post by Helious

"It could be done but at an expense that would be prohibitive and probably not worth doing unless it is found to not be a natural formation."

Thats the point, geographical known history of the area imply that is not a natural formation, i think this could quite possibly be a crash site of a UFO, maybe an ancient Vimana. If you dont look, you dont find, eh?

Yes, I agree, it is possible it is some sort of craft but that said, if it is, you and I would not be privy to that information, that much I can promise you. If by some chance we were informed, it would be for a very deliberate purpose and agenda.

It would also be government dollars funding that expedition and not the likes of the Ocean X team. At that point, they could afford to do whatever they liked as money would be no obstacle.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
The earth is about 80 percent covered by oceans but was it always so? If not then the remains of ancient artifacts, be they archaeological or alien, should now be 80 percent found under water.

In support of the earth having once had no oceans you must read the amazing book 'The Waters Above' by Dillow.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Crimeas23

Hey,Im a bad speller also.
Makes 2 of us.

I'd love to be wrong.

We are all on the same side,even though our veiws differ.

Im sure there are some ancient ruins under our oceans/seas.
Some if not many,have dissoved and turn to sand/or burried deep under sediment.

We have to wait more and see if they show us anything more appealing, lets say.

Even though I dont buy this,I cant complain because Im not funding it.

I guess that all for now I can say.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Numbers33four

it is the head quarters for the legion of doom.......where oh where is the Justice League.....oh wait never mind....we have Super obama, wonder michele, bat biden, aqua pennetta, flash holder.......ok i feel alot safer now.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Hey why does everybody keep talking about the thing at the bottom of the sea?

Because it's a fungi. ......( fun guy.....?......nothing.....?....
)
edit on 18-6-2012 by cavalryscout because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
It's a giant plug like the ones in a swimming pool. Pull it out and all the water in the oceans disappears.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavalryscout
Hey why does everybody keep talking about the thing at the bottom of the sea?

Because it's a fungi. ......( fun guy.....?......nothing.....?....
)
edit on 18-6-2012 by cavalryscout because: (no reason given)

Originally posted by dfsjr51
It's a giant plug like the ones in a swimming pool. Pull it out and all the water in the oceans disappears.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Numbers33four

Originally posted by EvanB

Originally posted by Numbers33four
reply to post by EvanB

Soot is carbon particles that are the result of incomplete combustion. How does anyone know that this is "soot"? Was the substance tested? And if it is soot this presents many questions.

Indeed..

It could be an igneous intrusion??

Here is the information that we think we have:

1000 foot skid mark

280 foot diameter circular object

circular object is soot covered and mushroom shaped

My best guess:

Flatish circular object entered atmosphere and came in hot (refer to War of the Worlds classic version).
Flatish circular object hit the eart and skidded.
The earth where circular object hit and came to a stop was covered in dense flora. Object burrowed under this plant material.
Circular object smoldered creating "soot".

Conclusion: under the "soot" may be something truly interesting.

Alternate conclusion: nothing to see here. Move along.
edit on 17-6-2012 by Numbers33four because: (no reason given)

That is absolutely the best guess I've heard anyone make of this thing yet ! Logical too ! My hat is off to you.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Swedish explorers have put to rest speculation of a spaceship at the bottom of the Baltic -- but they're adding fuel to the ‘what is it’ mystery of this deep-sea object anyway.

Digital pictures FoxNews.com has obtained from the team show that the object, located beneath the waves of the Baltic between Sweden and Finland, is some sort of “natural, geological formation,” Peter Lindberg, the leader of the Ocean Explorer team, told FoxNews.com.

“It’s not obviously an alien spacecraft. It’s not made of metal,” the scientist said. Lindberg concedes that it could be an alien space ship -- if the aliens decided to make their vessels out of meteor-like rocks. “Who says they had to use metal?” he joked. “This trip has raised a lot of questions.”

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

The object had an egg shaped hole leading into it from the top, as an opening.

Why are there no photos of the opening?
Is it really in the center of the object, like dailymail wrote? Or only somewhere near the center?
What is the size of the hole?
Didn't they take a look inside? What did they see?
What did they mean with "into it"? Is there room inside? (could be my bad english, but wouldn't it be "through it" or "in it")

Questions upon questions....

edit on 18.6.2012 by grobi77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by kennvideo

Actually, if I get creative, I can say that if this was a meteor, and since meteor's travel through space, it's LIKE a spaceship. I mean, earth is LIKE a spaceship. So it's pretty darn close to a spaceship. I wonder where it came from? Is it native to our solar system?

Really, there isn't much this thing could have been. We have tons of examples all across the world of geologic formations and meteor impacts. The odds were heavily leaning in that direction for anybody caring to look. How many examples do we have of alien spaceships or ancient manmade spaceships? I kept telling myself that anybody in the sciences in this field (geologic, etc) HAD to have had a good idea what this was. If it truly was a spaceship or manmade in origin, my opinion is we would have been hearing about it for a while when all this began last year. My guess is that when actual scientists saw the sonar images they were given the strong impression it was geologic (volcanic, meteor, etc). From that, my wager was always that this was probably something natural.

When I say 'geologic', the term is loosely used. What I mean is a natural process that occurs without the direct involvement of intelligent lifeforms.

I had a thought that this was something being dragged across the sea floor by the rebounding (or growing) glaciers. This only happened some 10,000-30,000 years ago - so recently.

It's possible there were fossilized ET organisms buried within the meteor.... If that were the case then this is the biggest irony ever. It's a natural ET spaceship!!!! It would be comical.

(i'm assuming it's a meteor now, but that could be wrong)
edit on 18-6-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I have seen native people in such places as Mongolia, make amazingly robust and durable circular tents at a moments notice, and using only what they can carry on their backs. (rolled up fabric and wooden sticks) I believe this is a skill they have been utilizing for possibly thousands of years.

What we're seeing under the sea may be some sort of man made structure that had to be abandoned for some reason, and perhaps has been there long enough that it has slid creating the so called "skid mark"

When you think about it, it doesnt take very long for the Ocean to claim objects, cover them in organic matter, and slowly pull them into the abyss. The titanic hardly looks like a ship and its only been a hundred years.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by halfmask
reply to post by Plotus

Just saying, conspiracy wise, what if that is the cover story? *Alphabet Agency X* goes in disguised as wealthy tourists doing the dive so nobody is suspicious of a submarine snooping around.

Why exactly would that be!

They first 'discovered' this thing almost a year ago & only returned back recently to take a closer look. Don't you think from a realistic pov angle that whatever government/military you personally suspect, would have went in & removed/replaced it without anyone knowing & seeing.

If there was absolutely anything 'alien' about this thing, nobody would have left it untouched for the better part of a year & let civilians come back to salvage/explore it.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Soot....and little "fireplaces"....it sounds like boosters for a spacecraft, or an alien aircraft that crashed when the area wasn't covered by water...

Or maybe it is a human craft from before the ice age, left over from the last time we had high tech. I believe there have been many a human civilization, but something always happens, and brings us to near extinction, and we manage to bounce back, and rebuild...hell, its only been 10000 years since the last ice age, humans have been around for some 2 million years, its only taken us 2000 years to go from nomads, and tribal peoples, to industrial, technological nations, with the capability to launch ourselves into the sky, and beyond, and even then, in those days, there were great civilizations that existed that probably had technology that rivals, or surpasses what we have today, but all of it has been lost to mother nature. Itd only take a few hundred years for the earth to reclaim, and consume everything that we humans would leave behind, if for some reason we all disappeared one day. Maybe not everything, but look at the Mayan, and Aztec ruins in the Central American jungles, those Pyramids in the jungle are often time half consumed by trees and other vegetation.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join