It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Jones endorses Libertarian Gary Johnson for President

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

In terms of this election there really aren't any more options. We have to look at what is on the table, who is on the ballot etc. Influencing the republican party is a start, but too little too late IMO. The harsh reality is Rand Paul has divided the movement whether you, or I like it or not unfortunately.

The thing is, there is a libertarian candidate that is still running who represents the same principles of Dr. Ron Paul. Ron is still technically running, but his staff has made it clear that he won't win and that winning is no longer the goal. Time for plan B.
edit on 15-6-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
the liberty movement is more then just one person or leader
its up to everyone

I have a freind who has a similar story
he invented the LED sneakers and sold the Idea to nike now he owns a bahama

it does happen legit sometimes

other then that
its going to be tough to find leaders...
leaders are vulnerable to silver or lead
and people are vulnerable to leaders

edit on 15-6-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

We need to pass around more information explaining to people that they can lead themselves just fine. Perhaps some tips or pointers about little things they can do or avoid doing that will aid them in becoming a better self-led individual?

There are all sorts of options we can take here, and many of them are powerful and beneficial.

Look, no one with half a brain thought we could fix America overnight or even in just a few years. This country is so screwed up and backwards that it will certainly take several decades if not longer to really shift the mentality of the average population back to something rational.

Also keep in mind that education takes a long time and it's a very slow and painful process at many times, what we have to do is make education simpler, easier, more accessible, less stressful, etc.

This isn't even really about elections, this is about contributing towards the eventual fate of our species in the long run thousands of years from now. Each action we take directly influences the consequential events that follow, and those influence the events after that, and so on and so forth.

For example, etymology is about looking at all words and determining their origins. You can in theory get a word, and trace it back thousands of years through dozens of languages. Each word used in a time frame directly affected the way we speak that word today, even in some of the most bizarre and minor ways.

That is exactly what happens with everything else. Every event leads to consequential events, or rather "influences their disposition greatly".

We need to plant more seeds, clearly. We need to get back out and water the minds of our thirsty peoples.
This isn't the time to give up on freedom! This is the time to go into high gear and start really making some differences around us in our world.

The election is a joke, a distraction, and inconsequential compared to the power that educating individuals has. An election lasts only 4 years, at best. Educating someone about the truth and opening their mind to the universe lasts their whole lifetime, and they will probably turn others on around them. It becomes a chain reaction and it is nearly impossible to stop it's snowball culminating effects over a long period of time.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

The only reason the "election" isn't feasible is because tptb control it almost entirely from top to bottom, and it's rigged.

However it is impossible to 'rig' and honest person's brain, and natural tendencies will always come into play. Sure you can lie and trick them, but that is only temporary until they realize you lied. Then they are liable to turn hard against you for deceiving them.

This is how the system works, and why there will always be a fresh supply of newly upset individuals.

The media's goal is to take those newly upset individuals who are turning against the system by default (it is an inevitable result), and to provide them with countless alternatives. Music, tv shows, etc.

Most individuals who "would have been" involved in politics are pushed away or pulled into one of these other thousand alternatives. Maybe they just go to the bar every night and talk to people there? Maybe they joined a book or sports club, and spend their free time there?

Regardless the goal of the system is to get the disillusioned and discontent and to pacify them. Bread and circuses, if you will. This is an ancient practice that the ruling elites have applied on the population as a whole to tie them up and limit any political impacts they may have on the overall greater scheme of things.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Tyranny has been ever-present globally for thousands of years, as far back as any written records survive at the least. So has liberty in many senses.

The struggle between liberty and tyranny will never go away, as it is an ever-present reality for all organisms in existence.

We need to get this straight.
This is about the long haul.

The minute you stop struggling for freedom is the minute you become an apathetic slave to your oppressors.

There is no ultimate victory, and no ultimate loss, but rather shades in between.

It is like a pendulum in a way, in that the two extremes are only reached for .00001% (or less) of the swing's overall time frame. We need to ignore and avoid the extremes as they are mostly irrelevant, and we need to focus on the middle area where our true strengths are.

I apologize for my extensive use of metaphors in reference to politics.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
three very insiteful posts MF
I think you are correct

grass roots is the way to go
its the only way

the founding fathers knew ths thats why al the dissing of them

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by FSBlueApocalypse
reply to post by Swills

If Paul supporters would rather write in Ron Paul than vote for Johnson than they deserve the "cult" label.

Huh? What are you talking about?! So you're saying Paul supporters should ignore Paul & vote Johnson instead come November? Huh?!? They wouldn't be Paul supporters if they vote Johnson now would they? Also, Paul, at this moment, had a better chance of becoming Prez than Johnson does, so there's that...

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Right, because his son has already endorsed Romney and he is wavering on coming to his own rally prior to the RNC in Tampa

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I feel sorry for folks like Romney.
He isn't his own person, he has extremely powerful influences around him that ultimately control his existence to a very great extent.

I honestly wouldn't wish that on anyone (slavery).
I pity my fellow man when he does not own himself.

Ill will serves our interests very little, and instead we should try to free these individuals while we are trying to free ourselves.

Blame, we can blame any one at any time. But what will it achieve us for liberation? Not much it appears.

What we need are real solutions, prudence, and discretion. Forgiveness has to be a part of this or else we will never really get out of the clutches of our own vengeance.

You have to really look into who is at fault here, and it is true we are all guilty of something. No one is perfect. The point of liberty is to usher in a golden age of peace and prosperity, not to spend all of our time punishing people we believe created the crisis we find ourselves all in today.

What does vengeance bring?
What does forgiveness bring?

When I say forgive, that does not mean to allow them to continue running the show. Then they would just repeat the crimes again tomorrow. This type of amnesty is a one time deal. A second offense is far more grave as breaking the amnesty agreement would be the apex.

But I am quite convinced that forgiveness and amnesty is the only way out of this mess.
And with our gesture of good will, they can kindly step down as a return gesture of greater good will, and then we can all have a better opportunity at making a better world tomorrow. Sure no one ever lives happily ever after, but such a bold move would improve the odds of better living standards and ultimate survival chance of the species in the long run.

Vengeance is not always a vice however. When it comes down to the bottom line, if they refuse to halt the tyranny, than it is inevitable that vengeance, the last resort, will coalesce. I do not wish to see my peoples crushed under their own hand. But I am certain that many other individuals who do not exercise the mercy and grace that I may will act upon their instinctual drive for survival in very questionable ways.

I know it's quite the tall order, but as JFK famously said

"We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon, we choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win, and the others, too."

And attaining liberty equal to going to the moon in a lot of ways.
The seemingly impossible challenge.
Just within our grasp, but yet so far outside of it.

And (if they actually went) to the moon, than this is the same manner of which we will attain liberty. By hard work, sleepless nights, blood sweat and tears. The whole gamut.

I have had my fair share of anger, and I have hated many individuals on many occasions, some times quite strongly. But today I stand in stark contrast, seeing the folly of my own mistakes.

Don't hate Romney- FREE him!

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
The Russian Revolution is a perfect example of what not to do. That was quite a horrific series of events, developments, and massacres.

Not acceptable.
The average Russian was better off before the revolution, in many many cases, but not all of course.

It was the same power elite behind that event as many of the other major political events in history. Just look it up,

Check out the facts: "Vladimir Lenin" isn't even a real person. The real person's name was "Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov", and he changed his name after he got into political radicalism to a "pen name". Supposedly it was to hide from the authorities.

He had some very questionable links with some very powerful international organizations which are generally not very well know, but the information is available if you look deep enough. Just be sure to check the citations to see if they are seemingly legitimate at least and take everything with a grain of salt.

Also a little tidbit:
"Le" = The
"Nin" = King

Makes a lot of sense actually.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join