It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why didn't anyone tell me about Snow White???

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by kman420
Did anyone notice how the "movie" Snow White SUCKED. lol.

Yeah, but sometimes that's what happens with true stories. Lower quality because the inspiration is already built in.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I would love to join you but I started a religion off of Elmer's Glue...

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
This just further endorses my theory that God is a woman.

The biggest piece of proof I have so far is the silent treatment.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
So , what is the point of this thread again? It's not very informative and not very funny. Is this a troll thread?

2nd.

No, no, it's a religion. Based on just as much fact and truth as any other. You just have to have faith that Snow White loves you. When she came down to earth, she loved you so much that she ate the apple, died, and rose to dwell forever and ever in the enchanted forest.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeTan
This just further endorses my theory that God is a woman.

The biggest piece of proof I have so far is the silent treatment.

That's soooo true.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by DOLCOTT

Just like you have the right to buy into and believe whatever religion you choose. Others like myself have the right to not believe or even debunk if the necessary evidence is there to do so. Christianity shouldn't be that hard to debunk, considering there's no actual evidence for the claim to begin with. Christianity DEBUNKED itself by having zero credible evidence to it's name (oh and the Bible doesn't count since I can write anything I want into a novel only to name it "The Holy Bible" and start my own religion)

I don't understand how people can continue following the word of the church after it's been proven corruption time and time again. It is my personal opinion that anyone who preaches the word of God in any way shape or form is a liar, only because it's a fact that nobody on this planet knows what's in store for us after this life, no not even your precious Pope... How do we know that Satan (if he/she/it exists) didn't just hijack the entire system and materialized the bible himself?

We don't know... and since we don't know, nobody can tell me what is or isn't in this life, so please don't preach to others who clearly do not share the same belief system as you. Is it not enough to live a life of kindness and respect to others WITHOUT worshipping or fearing some sort of almighty, infinitely powerful being that only exists because I BELIEVE in such being existing... ?

...Sheeesh, I swear, sometimes I need to double-check my calendar and make sure we're actually in 2012

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
I'm watching the movie 'Snow White and the Huntsman". Did you know she ate an apple, died, and then rose again? There's a dark forest (evil) and an enchanted forest (good).

I think She's real. I think She's god! I know I've read about Her in a book. Actually I think there are several books about Her. I wonder if other people have faith in Her? I mean, it's kinda hard to deny Her existence when I'm actually watching Her story.

Let's start a religion!

Hey, all you atheists out there, prove me wrong, but don't come in here bashing me until you've read the book. Gawd I hate when people do that!

jiggerj i told you that in a post recently. that the story of snow white and the 7 dwarves is an encoded story of "Enlightenment and the 7 chakras". man children's cartoons are. some cartoons focus on one particular chakra, other's a general overview. others how to attain it, others how to train it and practice and develop its gifts. etc etc

havent watched the new huntsman one yet but im sure it's going to be quite stimulating.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
7 Dwarfs = 7 Constellations

Think about it...

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

If death is a good thing, then what's the point of life?

Experience / for the fun of it

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
7 Dwarfs = 7 Constellations

Think about it...

7 Constellations - 7 seas. I'm getting scared now.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0mage

jiggerj i told you that in a post recently. that the story of snow white and the 7 dwarves is an encoded story of "Enlightenment and the 7 chakras". man children's cartoons are. some cartoons focus on one particular chakra, other's a general overview. others how to attain it, others how to train it and practice and develop its gifts. etc etc

havent watched the new huntsman one yet but im sure it's going to be quite stimulating.

Ehhh, maybe not so stimulating. But, you just reminded me that I haven't heard Chakra Kahn in a long time.

I feel for you, man!

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by flashtrum
reply to post by jiggerj

We need to set up a (tax free) fund to get that (tax free) building built on that (tax free) land on the corner of Smith Ave and Jones Street in downtown Pennsultuckey.

I volunteer to be the parish "Reverend". I will require a (tax free) salary of 100K per year and the purchase of a (tax free) Lexus for transportation. What? I need to be able to visit my flock!

Keep those donations coming! I promise to give it back to the community!

Huh? I knew that the church didn't, but priests don't pay taxes on their personal salaries? That has to change. If they don't pay taxes then they better not be voting.

You are right - priests pay taxes but the church doesn't have to pay tax on "revenue" deemed for the mission of the church. I was just trying to point out the absurdity of some of the 'christian' sects - especially the televangelists who's churches number in the THOUSANDS. How can someone be available for 4 thousand people at once? Mega-churches-not too sure about them......lots of money going in, that's for certain.

It also gets me thinking when I drive through my old neighborhood, which is now very poor, how many corner "churches" have popped up. Are poor people of more faith than the rest of us, or is someone seeing an opportunity to make some quick cash? Or something else?

And to the guy asking "why this and why that"? I am with you - live and let live. But this site IS sort of about debating such things, is it not? Religion, ET's, the unexplained, alternative news sources. I guess if you feel that insulted (I saw no one being viciously attacked) then you should move on. If you can't take some gentle ribbing, if you can't laugh at yourself now and again - that's worse than having faith in NOTHING.

Someone gave it to me this morning in a different post - and it was the funniest thing I read this week - I thanked him. It's all good - let it roll of the shoulders once in awhile......

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

I'm watching the movie 'Snow White and the Huntsman". Did you know she ate an apple, died, and then rose again? There's a dark forest (evil) and an enchanted forest (good).

I think She's real. I think She's god! I know I've read about Her in a book. Actually I think there are several books about Her. I wonder if other people have faith in Her? I mean, it's kinda hard to deny Her existence when I'm actually watching Her story.

Let's start a religion!

Hey, all you atheists out there, prove me wrong, but don't come in here bashing me until you've read the book. Gawd I hate when people do that!

also
puff magic dragon is about weed

london bridges falling down is about bubonic plague
edit on 15-6-2012 by snalesnot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by DOLCOTT
What is the harm in living your life like Jesus and all he represents, would the world not be a better place.

The harm is in the lie. How many times have we heard people say, "It started out as a tiny white lie that grew out of my control."? If Jesus existed at all he was probably a nice guy. In a cheerful mood one day he probably played on the rocks in the water, walking from one stone to the next; years later the story becomes he walked on water.

He probably offered his views on god and how to live a good life, and the Sanhedrin marked him as an enemy; manipulating his words until he could be labeled a blasphemer.

The stories (the lies) grew and grew, and warped and warped until holy wars sprouted. Same with Muhammad.

So, the answer is, What is the harm in living your life as a good person, devoting our allegiance to mankind, the planet, and all other life on it - and not some imaginary god(s)?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by snalesnot

london bridges falling down is about plague small pocks or something i forgot

You're thinking of ring around the posies. That was from the plague.

And I still don't believe those evil Puff song rumors!! I loved Puff!

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by snalesnot

Let's start a religion!

also
puff magic dragon is about weed

london bridges falling down is about plague small pocks or something i forgot

Were Hansel and Gretel actually Adam and Eve? And guess whose gingerbread house they went into (and no it wasn't the devil's)?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

While I am pretty sure that Jesus ate apples during his life ( not 100% sure if apples grow in the middle east ) I dont see any other connections other than the OP trying quite hard actually to be coy and cute and start trouble where there should be none.
Want to explain the meaning or thought behind starting this thread ?

Well replace apples with olives and figs and you are good to go. Who said that the fruit of the tree of life was an apple anyway? Olives are fruits by the way.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by flashtrum

And to the guy asking "why this and why that"? I am with you - live and let live. But this site IS sort of about debating such things, is it not? Religion, ET's, the unexplained, alternative news sources. I guess if you feel that insulted (I saw no one being viciously attacked) then you should move on. If you can't take some gentle ribbing, if you can't laugh at yourself now and again - that's worse than having faith in NOTHING.

Someone gave it to me this morning in a different post - and it was the funniest thing I read this week - I thanked him. It's all good - let it roll of the shoulders once in awhile......

Is this directed at me? I'm having a BLAST!!!!

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
even in the fairy tale of snow white the wicked witch is defeated. At least that is what I remember when I first heard the story and read fairy tales. They seemed real to an infant mind.

Funny thing how some things are just so inspiring they find their way into others reality.

Go ahead and Pray to SW or the sun for all the good it will do you. I checked your short story (didn't read much of it since we don't swing by our tails in trees and I gave up after what was it, the first sentence?) and see your passive aggressiveness but that is understandable to me too.

Evil is more cunning than you though and is only using you to further the agenda against man.

I would have hoped man was more learned because he who knows others is learned, he who knows himself is wise.

You are still looking for reason to believe in others and can never believe in the supernatural aspect of God when you can't see past yourself. .

While you might think you are wise you sold yourself short and words are the cheapest sellout of all. Actions speak louder than words and by your words a volume had been closed.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SoymilkAlaska

snow white and jesus could be best friends!!

HEY???
Has anyone noticed that you never see jesus and snow white at the same time.

You don't think they are the same per...??? Nah,that would be just silly.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join