It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Because we are British, British born and bred!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
reply to post by Citybig

My point is thought, that you are failing to grasp (going to use super glue in a minute), is that YOU as a terribly proud Englishman, are British.

You don't have to call yourself it, you don't even have to like it (very unpatriotic BTW, HRH would be upset), but you are, FACT, PERIOD!

eh theres really nothing wrong with him not calling himself British. Mind you the origin of the word stems from a long gone Celtic people (Pritani,) from ancient times so if we wanted to be super technical then it would make more sense for him to just indemnify himself as English.

Ultimately he can call himself susan if he wants. who cares.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Waaay back on page two of this love-fest of a thread (
)

I posted this.
"I'm all for multiculturalism.

I just wish they wouldn't let the foreigners get involved."

After following this thread, I thought it appropriate.

When the English defy being British, it appears that true multiculturalism is about as dead as my chances of becoming a backup dancer for Lady Gaga.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by dashdespatch
reply to post by LUXUS

We spent hundreds of years using other peoples countries. What goes round comes round

Interesting, so you hate your own people...or more probable they are not your people judging on that comment

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Why is the conspiracy community filled with racists?

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TheUnusualSuspect

Don't worry, I'll take your insults, they mean nothing to me and they do not dent my pride at being English only.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
reply to post by LUXUS

Many people come to London as it's iconic. People often think of London when they think of Britain and obviously many people will want to go there.

You met one Australian in one city, albeit the main one and suddenly you're using that to convey the entire picture of Britain?

You say you worked in housing? So? Where exactly did you work? Have you worked in all the major cities and towns throughout the country?

Or are you just using your experiences to generalise entire ethnic groups?
edit on 14/6/12 by Kram09 because: (no reason given)

If I said I worked organising housing for immigrants (London) for 8 years then obviously my chat with the Australian girl was not a basis for my conclusion was it? I just came back from the gym, was packed…counted 6 white people in the entire place…think we might have an immigration problem!

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Perhaps
reply to post by LUXUS

Call it retribution for over three hundred years of British colonisation.

Of course. the sins of the father must be visited upon the child.
what a beautiful world we live in.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Citybig

Don't worry, I'll take your insults, they mean nothing to me and they do not dent my pride at being English only.

Exactly what is "English only"?.

Do you mean a part saxon part dane mongrel or what?.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by paganini

reply to post by Citybig

My point is thought, that you are failing to grasp (going to use super glue in a minute), is that YOU as a terribly proud Englishman, are British.

You don't have to call yourself it, you don't even have to like it (very unpatriotic BTW, HRH would be upset), but you are, FACT, PERIOD!

eh theres really nothing wrong with him not calling himself British. Mind you the origin of the word stems from a long gone Celtic people (Pritani,) from ancient times so if we wanted to be super technical then it would make more sense for him to just indemnify himself as English.

I thought it was prytori(spelling?), or something like that.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

counted 6 white people in the entire place…think we might have an immigration problem!

And why is that a problem?

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheUnusualSuspect

reply to post by Citybig

Ive seen a few variations of it including "britaani" as well

link   
reply to post by paganini

Personally I think CityBig is actually French, and he is winding us all up, I can picture him now, laptop on his knee, baguette in one hand, wine in the other, laughing at us Eengleesh kniggets.

Does he seem French to any of you?

Jutador, jutawindow, I don't care.

link   

Originally posted by SaneThinking

But in closing I feel this is a massive global issue, that seems real ass backwards, since the west is so demonized around the world yet, no other place sees this amount of people yearly trying to make there way to our shores. Even though they so thouroughly disregard our way of life, and the customs that we hold dear.

I would go as far as saying its a failure but the system needs an overhaul to reflect the damage over rampent immigration has caused to nearly every country that has suffered from the influx.

SaneThinking

Exactly how is it that these people are all saying how much they hate “western” culture and that we are white devils ….yet they are braking their ass to come live with us!

link   

link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by LUXUS

counted 6 white people in the entire place…think we might have an immigration problem!

And why is that a problem?

I wouldn't waste your time mate, seriously. Hiding to nothing here. Racist bile a every turn.

link   

Originally posted by LUXUS
reply to post by Perhaps

And yet your an Australian? lol

British born and bred, but still unable to discern between your and you're... tsk tsk tsk. You might want to check yourself before you stand on that pedestal and start preaching.

T

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

reply to post by paganini

Personally I think CityBig is actually French, and he is winding us all up, I can picture him now, laptop on his knee, baguette in one hand, wine in the other, laughing at us Eengleesh kniggets.

Does he seem French to any of you?

Jutador, jutawindow, I don't care.

I was thinking more like German but you may be right?

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Oh I hear ya... I'm just having some fun with that sick little puppy... poor bastard that he is.

BTW - I'm in Texas... born and raised.

The name Blarneystoner is urban slang in the US.

This thread is highly informative though.... Irish hate the Brits, Brits hate the Scotts, the Welsh are conspicuously quiet and everyone hates the S. African Dutch!! lol....

Carry on....
edit on 14-6-2012 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheUnusualSuspect

reply to post by Citybig

Ive seen a few variations of it including "britaani" as well

Yeah...I just took this from wiki "(Prettanoi), Priteni, Pritani or Pretani"

Lots of different variations. But we're all Brits now...which includes English, Welsh, Scots and Irish, etc...its what CityBig just can't seem to wrap his head around.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blarneystoner

Originally posted by Citybig

Originally posted by dashdespatch
reply to post by LUXUS

We spent hundreds of years using other peoples countries. What goes round comes round

So? We should never apologise for our history. We did what was right at the time, too bad if some had to suffer.

Typical British response.... You folks may have chosen to forget the millions who died as a direct result of the Empire's actions but some of us will never forget.

...as I said before; karma's a bitch so get used to it.

Hey "Blarneystoner" last time I was in Ireland I heard the Irish complaining about all the “fecking” immigrants destroying the place

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join