It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VEGAN for 3.5 Months. Massive hair loss.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

I'll stick to being a mouse, bugs and worms are good for you though, the head of the AMA said they are having a hard time healing people nowadays because they don't eat enough worms. Bugs contain chitosan which helps us heal. Plants secrete chemicals that kill bugs and the chitosan is absorbed into the leaves sometimes. That only works if the bug is on the plant, pesticides kill bugs so none are on the plants.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Sounds like the same thing that I have been noticing and others as well. I don't think it has anything to do with your diet. With many people around me are having the same problem as well as myself, I am starting to think we are getting dosed with radiation! Japan or the Solar Flares hitting us with a weaken magnetic field. Possible.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I have nothing against killing animals, but I agree that industrial farming can be extremely horrific. When possible, I prefer meat and dairy products from small village farms which are still present here, although the EU is forcing some major restrictions.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
You need to moderate your nutrition, that is obvious. Your diet appears to be lacking many staples needed to maintain health. Off hand it sounds like you need more protein and calcium to feed your body. I understand what Vegans are doing, I don't agree with it, our ancestors in the wild still take in animal flesh. Seek professional nutrition advice.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by monsanto1

Did you actually say "plants that suffer..." ?

This is too stupid for words.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

Originally posted by Furbs

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
There are no people on the face of the earth who are actually vegan. There are plenty who claim to be, but they aren't. They just think they are and try to look down their noses at people who aren't while taking in lots and lots of animal byproducts and don't even realize it.
Foolishness plus hypocricy.

I have been a dietary vegan for over 20 years. It is actually quite easy to do (and getting easier with proper labeling) if you are committed. I don't do it for moral reasons, and I couldn't care less about what other people do with their bodies. I simply do not ingest animal proteins. If others want to, fine by me. The only thing I don't tolerate is people spreading misinformation about vegan lifestyle out of ignorance or fear.

but with the labeling, do you know how each of the ingredients listed were made themselves? They are very vague about some things.

Yes I do. Do you know what the Kosher or Parve symbols look like? Sometimes they are a K or a U with a circle around it. Sometimes it simply says PARVE across the front. To get these symbols, they have to be certified Kosher or Parve by an independent and usually internationally recognized groups. It is a religious practice that Jews who keep kosher must adhere to, and for a company to add the label without being kosher would fall under the Truth in Labeling laws which wouldn't be worth it to them monetarily to break, seeing as all of their products would have their kosher certs revoked, and stiff penalties from the government for not following the Truth in Labeling laws.

If you want the full explanation on how Kosher or Parve help vegan lifestyle choices, I could go on, but to simply bottom line it, all Vegan food is Kosher. If a Kosher or Parve product does not list any foods specifically containing animal biproducts (milk solids, blood, spleen extracts, bone shards, etc.) then the foods do not contain them. If a food contains a "Natural Flavorings" label, it could be any of the things list above, unless it is marked Kosher or Parve.. or Vegan, of course.

For example, people don't realize that Jello is made form the skin, bones and hoofs of cows, pigs and horses, but it is. That would violate the vegan ideas of what can be consumed. Other ingredients contain things that you skim over and don't think about how they were manufactured.

I am completely aware that gelatin comes from collagen. What most people -aren't- aware of is that the sugar in Jell-O can contain crushed bone fragments used as filler.

Supplements do the same thing. Are you absolutely, positively sure of what's going into your body? Do you know what the filler is for the supplements you may take? Do you know all of the things that are used in producing any of the canned or processed foods that you eat that you think is within your vegan diet? Are you absolutely positive about these things or just not catching all the details that are cleverly disguised by the manufacturers?

Labeling isn't meant to trick vegans into thinking they aren't eating animal products, because vegans are a very small portion of the population. Labeling is meant to trick -everyone- into thinking they aren't eating animal products. You have to understand how to read a label to rise above the legalese and know what you are ingesting. It gets easier with time and practice, like all things do.

As for supplements, there are many certified Kosher supplements because there are quite a few Jews taking vitamins.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Tripple_Helix

Hi, I have been vegan for only a few months, as well, and also gave up gluten several months ago. I have no desire to eat meat, but I have been contemplating adding egg whites into my cookie recipes and other stir fries occasionally, which would make me "veganish." I have great skin, strong nails, good hair, and I attribute all of this to the nutritional supplements I take, which are KEY to health. Just disregard the comments where people say a good diet should provide everything you need. Our soils are so denatured and demineralized through factory farming that we no longer receive the minerals and vitamins in our food that we once did. Here is what I take, if it will be of help to you. I get all of this stuff at a place online called vitacost.

1. Liposomal Vitamin C, 3 ounces a day. See this incredible thread here at ATS about the value of liposomal vitamin C, which has been shown to even protect against radiation damage in workers at Fukushima:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Since taking this kind of vitamin C, my skin is healthy and glowing, my nails much harder and stronger. If I stop taking vitamin C, I get really depressed and lethargic. For me, the correlation is clear.

2. A good vitamin multiple B formula. I take at least 100 mg of the Bs in one supplement a day.\

3. A good mineral formula.

4. Flax oil or other omega oils.

5. Vitamins A, D, E, in larger doses.

6. Magnesium, about 800 mg a day.

My only issue with being vegan so far is that I am hungrier than usual, and want to eat more, so I haven't seen the weight loss like I had hoped. I trying to cut out more carbs and stick with higher protein sources such as tempeh and beans, and I have to up my fruit intake.

Sometimes I contemplate eating chicken or turkey, as I used to, but it loses its appeal when I look at it in the store. The funny thing is that I was actually debating whether to go on the "primal" diet or go vegan, as a weight loss method. A strange transformation occurred: I didn't have to make the decision. The decision CAME to me from some other center or spiritual source. It was very clear and penetrated my mind and heart. I expected to do research for at least a month before changing my diet, but the decision was made for me.

I ate a mostly vegan diet in my youth and was very skinny and have never had any health problems. I started eating meat and dairy again in my 40s and put on a great deal of weight and developed several health issues. So, I'm glad to go back to a veganish lifestyle.

Here's one more useful tip for vegans: Molasses. Every night I mix hot water with a spoonful of organic blackstrap molasses and add almond milk. YUM! See this interesting thread about molasses here. I found that I had many of the problems that molasses addresses, so I try to remember to take it every day.

www.earthclinic.com...

There are several target supplements for hair and skin health at the larger vitamin online stores. Research these. And I would suggest, like others here, that you try Lugols iodine, just a small amount a day.

Finally, here is a great list of resources you can refer to for hair loss. Apple cider vinegar and coconut oil seem to get high marks here, but there are several other suggestions. Oh, and remember to cut out sugar, as that leads to hair loss. Good luck!

www.earthclinic.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Hi
Are you getting enough essential fatty acids (EFA Omega 3 6 9 etc) in your diet?
(They are called essential fatty acids for a reason and are commonly overlooked..)
If you dont get them you are opening yourself to depression for example.
EFA are essential for making neuro transmitters.
I remember Charlotte Gerson somewhere saying along of the lines of
when you replace a missing nutrient in the diet you usually cure many things that are wrong.

What I generally do with my diet is run it through NAT tools and estimate what nutrients I
am getting and see if I am lacking in some. If then try to find foods which will plug the gaps.
See www.myfoodrecord.com...
Limbo

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by prancie

There is no such thing as HUMANE meat, dairy, eggs. Even free range options still cause untold suffering. If you think otherwise you are lying to yourself. The farming process of these animals is torture then murder. They are all sentient beings that deserve better.

Watch this:

www.earthlings.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

There are plenty of vegan vitamins and suppliments available - Gelatin is not necessary to make them. Most use fruit pectin as the coating or capsule. I know a lot of Vegans and they all know about Gelatin & the horror it comes from.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I had to register just to respond to this thread.

I'm an RN and have researched diet for the last 6 years. I gotta tell you dude, you are ruining your diet by being a vegan. And yes, losing your hair is part of that.

I do agree that factory farming is pretty nasty. If you are in the US go to eatwild(dot)com and you can find good sources of organic food. I get grassfed beef, raw goat milk and pastured eggs. Speaking of, don't beleive that crap about "vegitarian fed hens" that you see on the egg boxes. Chickens are not vegitarians. They eat bugs, lizards, baby mice...

The point is it will take effort, but it's worth it. I cured my pre-diabetis in 4 months by ditching grains, sugar and processed foods. That's right, cured. And it's been cured for 6 years now. If I would have listened to my doctor I'd be taking diabetic meds by now... Adn as an RN, that's one road I did not want to go down. Diabetes steals your life a bit at at time.

At any rate, please reconsider your diet. Beleive me, your hair falling out is just the beginning. And read about the paleo diet, and you might want to pick up the book "The Vegitarian Myth". If you can get past her political rantings, it 's a good read. Also marksdailyapple(dot)com is a good resource.

If you eat out of ideology, you might be "making a statement" or saving a cow or whatever, just remember you will pay with your health.

Good luck to you.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Serenity777

I doubt that triple helix knows any vegans.

Again - Have you seen a scrawny Gorilla? They are 100% raw food vegans. Since we share so much DNA with them, I really think they are a great analogy.

I've been Vegan for nearly two decades and no one would use the word scrawny to describe me.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

I have been vegetarian most of my life from 13-36. in the last year or 2 I have started losing hair rapidly and now have a bald spot. My diet has not changed -I blame 2 possible sources, Fukishima and stress. Hair loss is a sign of radiation exposure, maybe thats whats going on here.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tripple_Helix
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

So you cut out both major sources of protein and calcium and you wonder why your nails wont grow?

Yeah, yeah, I guess that's 'funny'... I do eat Tat Soi, and other veggies rich in calcium but I guess it's not enough.

Your body needs certain things which plant material and pills wont provide.

I get you. I don't have loads of money for supplements and stuff each month. Things like hemp seeds, which are complete protein are about R120.00 per bag here in South Africa.

I'm thinking of adding free range eggs and maybe goats milk. Although I know many people will give me so much flak for it.

edit on 14-6-2012 by Tripple_Helix because: (no reason given)

Who cares that people will give you flack, this is your health not a bet!

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Is your hair loss noticeable to others yet? If it becomes noticeable that’s what your friends will be talking about, not the fact that you began eaten eggs. I think you should put eggs and dairy back in your diet.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by davjan4
I had to register just to respond to this thread.

I'm an RN and have researched diet for the last 6 years. I gotta tell you dude, you are ruining your diet by being a vegan. And yes, losing your hair is part of that.

I do agree that factory farming is pretty nasty. If you are in the US go to eatwild(dot)com and you can find good sources of organic food. I get grassfed beef, raw goat milk and pastured eggs. Speaking of, don't beleive that crap about "vegitarian fed hens" that you see on the egg boxes. Chickens are not vegitarians. They eat bugs, lizards, baby mice...

The point is it will take effort, but it's worth it. I cured my pre-diabetis in 4 months by ditching grains, sugar and processed foods. That's right, cured. And it's been cured for 6 years now. If I would have listened to my doctor I'd be taking diabetic meds by now... Adn as an RN, that's one road I did not want to go down. Diabetes steals your life a bit at at time.

At any rate, please reconsider your diet. Beleive me, your hair falling out is just the beginning. And read about the paleo diet, and you might want to pick up the book "The Vegitarian Myth". If you can get past her political rantings, it 's a good read. Also marksdailyapple(dot)com is a good resource.

If you eat out of ideology, you might be "making a statement" or saving a cow or whatever, just remember you will pay with your health.

Good luck to you.

You are way off here - Most of your patients or customers come from eating the standard American diet. Diabetes (BTW - A REAL RN SHOULD BE ABLE TO AT LEAST SPELL" Diabetes") comes from eating too much processed crap. If a person is a junk food vegan, then they will develop health issues. If they eat actual fruit & Vegetables, and beans/ nuts/ seeds for protein their diet related health issues will go into remission. It seems to me that doctors/ nurses / big pharma in general have a conflict of interest. If everyone ate better, they would have less customers. Actual nutrition is never given taught in medical or nursing school. Just look at the crap the hospitals feed their patients. That stuff is most likely to make the patient have a return visit.

Raw food vegans have caused remission of cancer and Diabetes. The proof is easily found with a google search.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
People who become vegans so as not to kill through eating really need to evaluate what life is. You know all grains, nuts, seeds if planted in the ground will grow. They will grow because they are living things, eating them kills them. Same goes for any plant, only exception to this would probably be seedless fruit.

Try washing your hair with peppermint shampoo just to be sure your hair loss is actually not caused by hormones. The peppermint will help neutralise the DHT in your scalp. Also take a tablespoon of pumpkin seed oil per day and maybe drink green tea.

edit on 15-6-2012 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Try wheat grass powder, its good stuff!

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by maxpayne596
reply to post by prancie

There is no such thing as HUMANE meat, dairy, eggs. Even free range options still cause untold suffering. If you think otherwise you are lying to yourself. The farming process of these animals is torture then murder. They are all sentient beings that deserve better.

Watch this:

www.earthlings.com...

There is a thread you should read, my friend, here on ATS about plants communicating with one another through their roots. That would denote a form of sentience as well. That would make plants sentient beings if they can communicate, which the study featured on that thread does seem to prove. Just because plants don't have eyes, fur and they are mostly stationary...doesn't mean they aren't living beings. Living SENTIENT beings. And yet we humans commit atrocities against all of plant kind. We seed their children onto concentration camps called farms, where we refer to them as crops. We spray poisons all over them in their adolescence to keep insects off of them (thus killing the insect too, also a form of sentient life) and riddle them with hormones and fertilizers to speed their growth for our convenience. When we harvest root vegetables like radishes and carrots, we are killing entire beings.

Chlorophyll in a plants veins function much like the blood in our own veins, and when we prune them, pinch a bit off of them, or bruise them they do "bleed" and who knows the pain they may indeed feel. Some trees we straight up mutilate, like the boswellia species, where mankind has scraped the outer bark and made incisions into the tree for centuries to collect the exude sap, which we dry and call frankincense. If those trees could talk to us, some having lived as long as 100 years being scraped and cut yearly, what tales of pain and agony would they have to tell us? What should we eat then? Maybe we should all starve or sprout solar panels from our extremities and speed evolution along somehow to make our stomachs and alimentary tracts vestigial organs so we don't have to harm ANY living sentient beings to sustain our bodies.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
protein shakes and omega-3s and vitamins is what you need, do you blow dry or straighten? that can also be a reason why they are falling out

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join