It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VEGAN for 3.5 Months. Massive hair loss.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
Humans are carnivorous (actually omnivorous) and are "made" to eat meat.

then why is it that when you consume meat your body produces white blood cells? It is because your body identifies meat (and incidently all cooked food) as a posion to the body but when you eat fresh raw veg and fruit the body does not produce the white blood cells. Humans are vegan animals.

OP ... go to the docs and get a nutritional blood test. This will highlight any nutritional deficiencies.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I always find it ABSOLUTELY HILLARIOUS that people will go on and on and on about being vegan or vegetarian yet they take all these supplements and use jello and things of that nature....

They never bother finding out what is IN the supplements and how they're made. They don't have a CLUE how jello is made... if they did, they would see just how hypocritical they are

Gelatin (or gelatine) is a translucent, colorless, brittle (when dry), flavorless solid substance, derived from the collagen mainly inside pig skin (hide) and cattle bones.

That means they grind all that stuff up and use it to make the gelatin which is what Jello is.

For the vitamins and supplements.... what do you think they use to make those?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

edit on 15-6-2012 by johnrobca because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

I always find it ABSOLUTELY HILLARIOUS that people will go on and on and on about being vegan or vegetarian yet they take all these supplements and use jello and things of that nature....

They never bother finding out what is IN the supplements and how they're made. They don't have a CLUE how jello is made... if they did, they would see just how hypocritical they are

Gelatin (or gelatine) is a translucent, colorless, brittle (when dry), flavorless solid substance, derived from the collagen mainly inside pig skin (hide) and cattle bones.

That means they grind all that stuff up and use it to make the gelatin which is what Jello is.

nice ignorant post there ... youll find that vegans actually read labels and investigate what the ingredients are ... is gelatin the best you can do? cos thats the most obvious animal ingredient out there ...

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by SheopleNation
reply to post by Tripple_Helix

If you're not eating any meat or dairy products then your body is not getting enough protein, iron and zinc which all 3 are essential for a healthy head of hair.

nonsense to the first part of that sentence .... I dont eat meat or dairy and my body gets enough protein, iron and zinc ... and i know this because I recently had a nutritional blood test .... so its not about not eating meat or dairy, its about eating good healthy sources of the vits and minerals and proteins that your body needs.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by johnrobca

Our body's produces white blood cells if I eat something that we have a little allergy to. The information in the blood type allergy books is real but many recipes and procedures nullify the effects. We have white blood cells no matter if we are vegans or meateaters. They take impurities out of our blood and dispose of them. The count usually remains in a normal range if we are healthy. Some of the chemicals in uncooked veggies kill them off also. There is good and bad to this, the chemicals in some fresh veggies also lessen our need for white blood cells. But it opens up a whole other list of possible diseases that could affect us. Veggies actions can't fight all diseases otherwise a deer would live for a hundred years.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnrobca

Humans are carnivorous (actually omnivorous) and are "made" to eat meat.

then why is it that when you consume meat your body produces white blood cells? It is because your body identifies meat (and incidently all cooked food) as a posion to the body but when you eat fresh raw veg and fruit the body does not produce the white blood cells. Humans are vegan animals.

OP ... go to the docs and get a nutritional blood test. This will highlight any nutritional deficiencies.

Nope, you are 100%, absolutely, positively wrong! Vegan is the worst possible diet you can possibly have.
But of course, those who CLAIM to be vegan are taking supplements and eating jello for all that stuff they're missing and guess what... go look up what jello is made of and how vitamins and supplements are produced and you'll see very quickly that the vegan diet is an absolute SHAM.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

nice ignorant post there ... youll find that vegans actually read labels and investigate what the ingredients are ... is gelatin the best you can do? cos thats the most obvious animal ingredient out there ...

Nothing ignorant about my post as tall.... but yours? Now that's a different story!

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by SheopleNation

If you're not eating any meat or dairy products then your body is not getting enough protein, iron and zinc which all 3 are essential for a healthy head of hair.

nonsense to the first part of that sentence .... I dont eat meat or dairy and my body gets enough protein, iron and zinc ... and i know this because I recently had a nutritional blood test .... so its not about not eating meat or dairy, its about eating good healthy sources of the vits and minerals and proteins that your body needs.

Yeah right!

You're 100% vegan, don't take any supplements of any kind, no vitamins, no processed food of any type, only food directly out of the garden and nothing else right? (yeah, right! LMAO)

There are no people on the face of the earth who are actually vegan. There are plenty who claim to be, but they aren't. They just think they are and try to look down their noses at people who aren't while taking in lots and lots of animal byproducts and don't even realize it.
Foolishness plus hypocricy.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

I think you're lacking in Vitamin E, Iron, and Zinc, supplements should do.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Engafan

I think you're lacking in Vitamin E, Iron, and Zinc, supplements should do.

Or just eat meat and dairy like we're supposed to....

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

There are no people on the face of the earth who are actually vegan. There are plenty who claim to be, but they aren't. They just think they are and try to look down their noses at people who aren't while taking in lots and lots of animal byproducts and don't even realize it.

I have been a dietary vegan for over 20 years. It is actually quite easy to do (and getting easier with proper labeling) if you are committed. I don't do it for moral reasons, and I couldn't care less about what other people do with their bodies. I simply do not ingest animal proteins. If others want to, fine by me. The only thing I don't tolerate is people spreading misinformation about vegan lifestyle out of ignorance or fear.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Get away from Soy, 90% of all soy is GMO. Stick with the Quinoa it's a much better source of protein. As for calcium...soy is number 1 lol.

2. Okra

A cup of cooked Okra delivers 172 mg and is great fried, boiled, or served alongside pretty much any meat.

3. Almonds

One ounce of almonds (23 nuts) has 75 mg. Enjoy by the handful or in your favorite salads. You can even sprinkle them on chicken while it’s being cooked to infuse your whole dish with almond-y goodness!

4. Collard Greens

A cup of boiled collard greens has 266 mg, and have much the same function in cooking as lettuce. Try substituting collard greens for lettuce the next time you can, and you’ll be getting your calcium!

5. Oranges

A half-cup of oranges contains 52 mg and is, as you'd expect, delicious in almost anything from salads to fruit bowls.

6. Spinach

A cup of boiled spinach has 245 mg. It makes a great side dish for many meals, and in its raw form can be substituted for lettuce on sandwiches and in salads.

7. Kelp

One cup of raw kelp has 136 mg. While eating seaweed doesn’t immediately present itself as a normal thing to do, those in the know have discovered that this surprisingly flavorful vegetable is high in a variety of nutrients, including calcium.

8. Broccoli

Two cups of boiled broccoli have 124 mg. Fairly common vegetable, but rarely praised for its high concentration of useful nutrients like calcium, broccoli has recently come into vogue as a wonderful food with all kinds of health benefits.

9. Blackstrap Molasses

One tablespoon has about 137 mg. By using blackstrap molasses to bake certain kinds of bittersweet foods, you can take advantage of its high concentration of calcium.

10. Sesame Seeds

A quarter cup of sesame seeds has 351 mg calcium, and are delicious when sprinkled on chicken, fish, or just by the handful.

11. Brazil Nuts

Two ounces of Brazil nuts (12 nuts) have 90 mg. In addition to the expected protein, Brazil nuts in particular are high in calcium and can be added to salads or main dishes, or just enjoyed by the handful.

12. Celery

Two cups of raw celery have 81 mg. By combining celery with peanut butter, you can indulge in a delicious, flavorful snack that helps fill your daily quota of calcium and protein.

Vegetables rarely are seen in connection with nutrients like calcium, especially with the overwhelming popularity of milk in this regard. However, for those who don't like milk, are lactose intolerant, or are simply looking for a different way to get their daily nutrients, these vegetables and others are a good place to start.

fitday.com

I have been a vegetarian from fetus to 37 years old, I have great muscle tone, bright eyes, long thick hair, long nails, clear skin, I look about late 20's, I'm not applying for a date...just saying that my health is great.

Your body will react in strange ways when making massive dietary changes, if your symptoms don't ease up you can try reintroducing eggs at least. You can buy cage free, antibiotic free, organic eggs...you'll pay about 2 dollars more per dozen but hey they're healthy.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

You sure are acting a little carnivorous for a Chiten.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by johnrobca

Protein is needed for proper brain function. Lack of it can cause apathy, diarrhea and mental retardation. Look it up, it's true. Your protein deficiency could be the cause of your problem.
~$heopleNation

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Quinoa tastes like cardboard. Tofu is worse than that.
I like black beans and vegetarian chili. I have had some pretty good friends that were vegetarians throughout the years.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Furbs

I have been a dietary vegan for over 20 years. It is actually quite easy to do (and getting easier with proper labeling) if you are committed. I don't do it for moral reasons, and I couldn't care less about what other people do with their bodies. I simply do not ingest animal proteins. If others want to, fine by me. The only thing I don't tolerate is people spreading misinformation about vegan lifestyle out of ignorance or fear.

but with the labeling, do you know how each of the ingredients listed were made themselves? They are very vague about some things. For example, people don't realize that Jello is made form the skin, bones and hoofs of cows, pigs and horses, but it is. That would violate the vegan ideas of what can be consumed. Other ingredients contain things that you skim over and don't think about how they were manufactured. Supplements do the same thing. Are you absolutely, positively sure of what's going into your body? Do you know what the filler is for the supplements you may take? Do you know all of the things that are used in producing any of the canned or processed foods that you eat that you think is within your vegan diet? Are you absolutely positive about these things or just not catching all the details that are cleverly disguised by the manufacturers?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse

You sure are acting a little carnivorous for a Chiten.

yeah.... chitenz eat lots of bugs and worms!! LOL

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Quinoa and tofu can be made to taste like anything, but beans are great too and they lose their after effects with regular consumption.

edit on 15-6-2012 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

"Jello" can be made from seal kelp as well.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join