It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Black Panther leader Malik Shabazz threatens to burn Detroit down

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkKnight76

Just like I say to the right-wing-git-ur-gun nuts, all jaws, no b@!!s. All these "militant" groups on the left and right like to talk a good game, but funny how I never see any of them actually playing it. When I see some action, I will start to consider what they are saying, until then these groups and their supporters are on ignore.

RIGHT, there’s nothing to worry about. There is no precedent for violent outbursts or burning cities down by militant blacks in America!

Never happened!!

And more recently…..

Detroit is a few months of poverty away from full blown civil unrest IMO. The writing is on the wall....

edit on 13-6-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
It actually would be a good idea to do some controlled burning in Detroit, and get those thousands of vacant homes that are currently just crack houses being eaten by roaches out of the market. If they take down all of the unoccupied homes, the ones left go up in value not only because of demand but also because they're no longer sitting next to safety hazards. The houses left standing will get much bigger yards until someone finally builds something there again and brings the neighborhood back. Plus they get to screw all the a-hole bankers that are just letting the houses sit until prices come back up instead of trying to put people in them at current prices.

I say go for it, it could be just the revitalization Detroit needs. Couldn't get much worse, anyways, might as well try something out-of-the-box.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkKnight76
...until then these groups and their supporters are on ignore.

Ignore at your own risk. Seriously .. everyone should be aware when radical groups in the USA threaten the lives and property of others. Be it the New Black Panthers and their 'wanted dead or alive' rhetoric or whoever else. Ignoring a potential powderkeg doesn't make it go away.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
OK, let's accept everything that everybody is saying here. (Why not? I agree with almost all of it.) Let's make one further, very questionable, assumption. What if Shabazz isn't certifiably insane? What would his purpose in making hese statements be? Is he hoping to get more money in Detroit? Is he trying to raise his status among blacks? Does he just like seeing his name in the papers? What in the world is he doing?

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
What would his purpose in making hese statements be?

Only a psychologist with access to the man could know for sure. Long distance ... it's hard to know. Considering that what he is calling for is INSANE, my guess is that these statements were made by a meglomaniac wanting violent power and attention. But of course it's just a guess ... It could be anything ...

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
Well, that makes no sense. He'll only be hurting his own kind.

Wonder if he even thought of that?

Seriously, Can't we just all get along?

WTH is wrong with people these days?
edit on 13-6-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

There's not a lot going on upstairs with people like him. Much like the L.A. riots of the early 90's. Let's burn down our own neighborhood....that'll teach white police officers not to beat a black man with batons. Brilliant.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by 00nunya00

It actually would be a good idea to do some controlled burning in Detroit,

LMAO. I was gonna say that, but I didn't feel like dealing with the backlash.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Better yet, why can't we see something like this directed at the Black Panthers?

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
It's actually sort of funny in a sad way that a Black supremacist wants to burn down a town that is about 85% black.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

Who need enemies when you have friends like that?

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
The so-called "new" black panthers are a sham....

They are not connected to the old BPP in anyway and founder Bobby Seale came out to condemn them the last time they said some stupid remarks (during the Trayvon shooting) and questions (as I do) who they really work for?

CIA/FBI/CO-INTEL? It happened in the 60's,probably happening now as well....

F*ing easy as hell to get a racial thread going on this site...take a minute first and think, "Are we getting played?" cause most of the time....we are. These guys are trying to get people heated.

The old "Divide and Conquer"...works every time....

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

That's gotta be the dumbest thing I've ever heard.
Instead of trying to fix the problem he's gonna destroy everything.

He's just not thinking.
If he does that and does destroy the city. The ones who will suffer will be the poor.
They will move out.
And stuff will be demolished.
Then rich developers will move back and build up scale high rises.

Gentrification.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SangriaRed

That is exactly, to the T, what I was going to say.

The city of Detroit has been completely destroying itself, increasingly over the past decade. If anything, I really feel Detroit will be the first example of what lies ahead for our entire nation, if we don't get things in order. (Assuming it isn't too late, already.)

- Resident within 10 miles of Detroit

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Ahahaha! Wouldn't that be an improvement? I havea friend up there and he says 60% of the city is abandoned anyway. He compares it to Sarajevo. He says every 6th house is burned out anyway, and the other 5 are just crack houses until they burn down too.

So, if the Black Panthers burn it down, that just saves the government from having to do it. The city government is contracting and cutting off services to the outlying communities anyway. The things are going to get much worse before they get better. Let the Panthers take care of it.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

That is an AWESOME pic!! Can I get away with putting that up on facebook?

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
u dont think history repeats????????????

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
The NBP are a complete disgrace to the original Black Panther Party and to revolutionaries like Cleaver, Seale, and Newton.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I know the black panthers are extremely militant, and do say some very inflammatory things, but when the people are willing to burn a city down, burn down their neighbourhoods, and stand their laughing at the destruction.
Would it be a sense of relief that they are feeling?.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
In the grand scheme of things, this is quite an old story, dated almost two months ago.

I live on the fringe of metro Detroit....and at first I thought I had missed something, as nary a day goes by without some new drama surrounding Detroit and its circling the bowl.

As far as I know, there's been not a peek out this this group in weeks.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719

Originally posted by Manhater

Seriously, Can't we just all get along?

Coming from someone named Manhater lol.
But seriously, I agree.

yes we can. however, we're being purposefully trained to NOT get along.

this Shabazz is %100 bought and paid for clandestine alphabet agency shill.
(they're really so clever - what a perfect way to rennovate real estate...)

i bet there will be so many D.C. put options on Detroit -related bizz before it goes down
edit on 6/13/2012 by prevenge because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join