It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will the real Jesus Christ please stand up? The whitewashing of history.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by shaluach

Question: Are you yourself darker skinned?

Also, as blasphemous as this may sound, Jesus was probably half Roman, which could easily have resulted in him being more fair both in terms of skin and hair.

edit on 13-6-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

1. No, I am not. I am Irish, Greek, and Cuban. That is completely irrelevant, though. Of course I know why you were asking. Your question was going to lead to an ad hominem. If I was "dark skinned" (i.e. Black) then that must be why I'm promoting a Black Jesus, because White people can't promote a Black Jesus which is patently absurd.
2. He was not "probably" half-Roman.
edit on 6/13/2012 by shaluach because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by shaluach

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by Viking9019

My Q is..

What the Hell does it matter??? How does His skin color change anyone's salvation??

No one said it does. For someone who doesn't care about this subject you sure are on this thread a lot. If you don't care then why are you here? Oh, that's right. I forgot. You always need to be the center of attention

Im wondering why YOU care about skin color. Why is skin color important to you? Can we argue next if the nails were steel or iron? If the wood the cross was made from was cherry or birch? What other irrelevant bits of info can we argue about next??

Already answered. Skin color is not important; historical fact is. It's a fact that He was Black. And again it's irrelevant when him being Black is brought up. You don't argue how unimportant it is for the people claiming he was White.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
**Calm it Folks**

There's no reason to start attacking each other regarding this topic. Please discuss the topic, not each other.

Further violations of this policy or the T&C may result in a loss of posting privileges.

~Tenth
ATS Mod

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
**Calm it Folks**

There's no reason to start attacking each other regarding this topic. Please discuss the topic, not each other.

Further violations of this policy or the T&C may result in a loss of posting privileges.

~Tenth
ATS Mod

Thanks Tenth. I'm done with this anyway. I'm to the point where I've had to repeat myself numerous times because people refuse to acknowledge what I've said. So I'll be ignoring the rest of this post anyway.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

TextWho Was Josephus? Josephus ben Matthias is the best known ancient Jewish historian. He was born in 37 CE, only a few years after Jesus' execution. Josephus was well educated in biblical law and history. On his mother's side he was a descendent of the Hasmonean Kings. On his father's side he came from a priestly family. Josephus counted among his friends Agrippa II. His life took some dramatic turns in 66 CE, when the Jews in Palestine revolted against Roman rule. Although Josephus was only 29 at the time, he was given command of the Jewish forces in Galilee. His forces were no match for the Romans and were utterly defeated. Josephus survived, however, and became an advisor to the Roman general Vespasian by prophesying that the general would become the Roman Emperor. Not so amazingly, in 69 CE Vespasian did become Emperor. As a result, Josephus' stock went up and Vespasian returned to Rome to run the Empire. Vespasian's son, Titus, was given the responsibility of completing the war against the Jews. Titus used Josephus as an interpreter and spokesman to the Jewish forces in Jerusalem. Josephus was berated by the Jews of Jerusalem after he repeatedly called on them to surrender to the Roman forces. Eventually, in 70 CE, the Romans crushed the revolt and destroyed Jerusalem. Josephus returned with Titus to Rome, where he was awarded for his service with a house and a pension. With time and resources, Josephus turned to writing of history. In the 70s, he wrote Jewish Wars, which provided a chronicle of the wars of the Jewish people. He thereafter in the 90s wrote a much broader history of the Jewish people, Jewish Antiquities. Two References to Jesus Josephus' writings cover a number of figures familiar to Bible readers. He discusses John the Baptist, James the brother of Jesus, Pontius Pilate, the Sadducees, the Sanhedrin, the High Priests, and the Pharisees. As for Jesus, there are two references to him in Antiquities. I will recount them in the order in which they appear. First, in a section in Book 18 dealing with various actions of Pilate, the extant texts refer to Jesus and his ministry. This passage is known as the Testimonium Flavianum referred to hereafter as the "TF". Now there was about this time Jesus, a wise man, if it be lawful to call him a man, for he was a doer of wonderful works, a teacher of such men as receive the truth with pleasure. He drew over to him both many of the Jews, and many of the Gentiles. He was the Christ, and when Pilate, at the suggestion of the principal men among us, had condemned him to the cross, those that loved him at the first did not forsake him; for he appeared to them alive again the third day; as the divine prophets had foretold these and ten thousand other wonderful things concerning him. And the tribe of Christians so named from him are not extinct at this day. Jewish Antiquities 18.3.3 Second, in Book 20 there is what could be called a passing reference to Jesus in a paragraph describing the murder of Jesus' brother, James, at the hands of Ananus, the High Priest. But the younger Ananus who, as we said, received the high priesthood, was of a bold disposition and exceptionally daring; he followed the party of the Sadducees, who are severe in judgment above all the Jews, as we have already shown. As therefore Ananus was of such a disposition, he thought he had now a good opportunity, as Festus was now dead, and Albinus was still on the road; so he assembled a council of judges, and brought before it the brother of Jesus the so-called Christ, whose name was James, together with some others, and having accused them as lawbreakers, he delivered them over to be stoned. Jewish Antiquities 20.9.1 The Testimonium Flavianum

www.bede.org.uk...

Your claim is absurd and shows little effort in truth

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

TextAlready answered. Skin color is not important; historical fact is. It's a fact that He was Black. And again it's irrelevant when him being Black is brought up. You don't argue how unimportant it is for the people claiming he was White.

Jews are Caucasian , no ifs and or buts . The fact some people try to paint a different picture for racial reasons is ignorant at best , we try to deny that here .

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Jesus isn't real, stop being misled.

Are you in one of those weird cults that think all white people are going to hell?
edit on 13-6-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azadok2day

www.bede.org.uk...

Your claim is absurd and shows little effort in truth

No, my claim is not "absurd." How does a personal attack like this add to the thread? Did you miss where the moderator said to not engage in stuff like this?

As a finality, I will point out that Josephus was not born until at least 4 years after Yehoshuah ha'Mashiach was crucified. He was not an eyewitness to anything. Furthermore, it is widely considered that Josephus' mention of Yehoshuah was a later addition by someone, not him.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
Jesus isn't real, stop being misled.

Are you in one of those weird cults that think all white people are going to hell?
edit on 13-6-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

Yehoshuah was indeed real. And no, I'm not. I'm "White" myself. That would just absurd.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azadok2day

TextAlready answered. Skin color is not important; historical fact is. It's a fact that He was Black. And again it's irrelevant when him being Black is brought up. You don't argue how unimportant it is for the people claiming he was White.

Jews are Caucasian , no ifs and or buts . The fact some people try to paint a different picture for racial reasons is ignorant at best , we try to deny that here .

Modern Jews are. Ancient Hebrews were not and that's evidenced in Scripture and history. So, yes there are "ifs, ands, or buts." It is ignorant to claim that he was Caucasian.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

The whole point is that you're not white. I'm asking if you are one of these or something similar ;

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

The whole point is that you're not white. I'm asking if you are one of these or something similar ;

No. Absolutely not. I am not like those racist nutjobs. And I do know some people who identify as what you would call "Black Hebrew Israelites." And all of those that I know are 100% against people like the ones who showed in your YouTube video.

Oh and I am majority White. I'm mainly Irish and Greek with very little Cuban.
edit on 6/13/2012 by shaluach because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Attention...

There is such a thing as civil and intelligent discourse. Let's refrain from miring this thread in needless personal attacks and taints of bigotry. This is not the ATS way.

ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics.

The END of Hate Speech, subtle or otherwise, on ATS

**ALL MEMBERS** The recent surge in Hatred, Racism, and Sheer Stupidity STOPS NOW.

Keep it clean, everyone. Consider this a fair warning.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I won't even join in on this, this is going to get banned very soon LOL. Good topic though

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardust

Attention...

There is such a thing as civil and intelligent discourse. Let's refrain from miring this thread in needless personal attacks and taints of bigotry. This is not the ATS way.

ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics.

The END of Hate Speech, subtle or otherwise, on ATS

**ALL MEMBERS** The recent surge in Hatred, Racism, and Sheer Stupidity STOPS NOW.

Keep it clean, everyone. Consider this a fair warning.

Maria, if need be you can "close" this topic. I refuse to get banned from this forum because of my reactions to things other people say. I like this forum too much to let someone push me into saying something that would violate T&C and get myself removed.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join