It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Longevity & Anti-Aging thread

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Based on the highly popular, I make my own Liposomal Vit C Thread, which has blown up with replies and super positive user feedback, I decided to make this thread here about the info I've not only gathered about, in regards to Longevity & Anti-Aging, but also many of the foods and supplements I myself take.
__________________________________________________________________________________
First up. The woman who lived the longest on record (although this too could be debated). Introducing Jeanne Calment, who lived to be 122. She ate over a Kilo of chocolate every week, drank Port wine, and consumed large amounts of Olive Oil not only on all her food, but also all over her skin.
Calment

I too consume large amounts of Dark Chocolate in my coffee every morning, and also many time skip breakfast after consuming a half bar of chocolate with 90% cocoa in it. It is a proven Anti-oxidant.
__________________________________________________________________________________
Next up is a study about a Probiotic called LKM512, which was shown to increase the lifespan of mice:
LKM512 Study

Im hoping to add this to my daily diet, however right now this is only available in Japan.
Next up we have a nano particle based on Carbon called Fullerene C60 mixed with Olive oil which increased the Lifespan of Rats by 90%. Study Fullerene c60 Rats

Coincidentally, this nano Particle also exists naturally in Shungite Rock in a certain part of Russia where people report that the water, that is amongst those rocks, has healing and regenerative properties.

Right now this is not yet on the market, but there is a small Co. in Norway getting ready to sell their first batch this summer.
Next up are Adaptogenic Herbs. These are herbs that are in various studies that help all sorts of mechanisms in the human body including longevity, anti-Aging, increasing factors in long distance running, muscle recovery. Adaptogens

I personally take Fo Ti, Jioagulan, Rosea Rhodiola, and Gotu Kola. All of which the Asian countries swear by and there are certain villages that take these herbs as teas and have long life spans.
Superfoods such as Kale, Broccoli, Goji Berries, Blueberries, Sardines, Olive Oil and various others have a vast amount of studies showing the benefits are ideal when added to your diet. Here's a nice list of Superfoods:
Superfoods List
Amino Acids. While I take these to help in my work outs, a new study shows that a combo of four Branched Chai Amino Acids (BCAA) increased the lifespan of Mice by 12% (Hey Its still something)
BCAA study

This is just a start of the thread. I know there is much more like PQQ, Glutathione, SOD (Superoxide Disumtase), Carnosine, etc.

This is just a start. Feel free to add to the List.

edit on 12-6-2012 by dominicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Here is one other method;

Calorie Restriction

Calorie restriction without malnutrition[1] has been shown to improve age-related health and to slow the aging process in a wide range of animals and some fungi.

For starters: en.wikipedia.org...

And, of course, Resveratrol which is commonly found in grapes.

www.futurity.org...

edit on 12-6-2012 by Isabelx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Thats some really good info
thank you.

I just hope this thread doesn't get closed because you use the words official ATS when your not a ats mod

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Sure... But I still want to know WHY people want to live longer? Is it the unknown, pain, eternity, a deity or something else they fear? Or is it just to see if they can, or to see how things turn out?!

The Capitalism of Longevity

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by xenthuin

Sure... But I still want to know WHY people want to live longer? Is it the unknown, pain, eternity, a deity or something else they fear? Or is it just to see if they can, or to see how things turn out?!

Because its inherent in people to Live. We're all here and we're all alive, and life really is what you make it. If I was in a Third world country somewhere w/ Fly's all over me w aids or something like that, then yeah it would be best to let go.

But I have people around me who need me, and get help from me financially, spiritually, and emotionally. I have found myself and help others to find themselves, albeit on a small scale.

I was given months to live from all sorts of complications back in 04' and stopped w the MD's, took my health into my own hands and without any health insurance, studied herbs, supplements, and nutrients that allow me to still be here 8 years later.

Instead of feeding the beast, im saving $ to get off the grid and go back to a natural self sustainable way of life, as well as choosing not to have kids because the way the world is. Im here to leave this place better than I found it, and since I found myself spiritually, it would be great to be here over a hundred years to guide others to find themselves. I say this all with a detachment knowing that any day could be my last and when I wake up in the morning, im grateful for another day.

Nothings promised, but still I see nothing wrong with longevity and anti-aging. As far as who gets access to this is another story. If its some shill on food stamps pumping out 13 kids w no education and nothing to give back to society, well I think the majority wouldnt want somebody like that to have longevity.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

You are quickly becoming the Health Shaman of ATS. I'm making the Lipo-C from your thread on it. Great stuff...

Bright Blessings Dear Friend.

Des

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

You are quickly becoming the Health Shaman of ATS. I'm making the Lipo-C from your thread on it. Great stuff... Bright Blessings Dear Friend. Des

Thank you so humbly Des. Just to know that in some indirect way I've helped a number of people improve their lives in one way or another is a beautiful thing.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

Awesome! I'm just really into asking the question behind the questions I guess. Like, WHY is it inherent for us to want to live/survive? Why are we not satisfied with what we've done to date that it somehow obligates us to try to improve on it by living longer to see it through? Is there a point at which we help future generations more by expiring than by surviving (that is, when does longevity become selfish)?

But I certainly have no problem with people doing whatever they feel is the right thing for them to do health-or-other-wise, and I'm glad to see a thread like this to compile resources for like-minded people.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Just thought of this, and searched, and here's some threads, but I can vouch for Shungite.
Despite what they say, I've found a handful in a gallon of tap water for 8 hours is enough to actually taste the difference.
So if you're all YRK about 12/21/12, then I suggest you should have bought a bunch already lol.
BTW, if you do, or have some, use Carnelian with it for charging, also helps for headaches.
And if you have hiccups, Carnelian and Shungite held to the chest cures them almost INSTANTLY unless you're REALLY drunk.
Kid you not.

new topics

top topics

join