It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why America IS better than the UK

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
There's being patriotic and there's being overly patriotic where you become arrogant and have a permanent chip on your shoulder.

You seem to be the latter.

I am English and patriotic, and I am married to an American who is patriotic. It's people like you that make British people dislike the Americans.

link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

The British "Stole it"? Funny i though that was only 13 Colonies. What about the other 39 States. Did we "Steal" those too?

link   

Originally posted by SmoKeyHaZe

Another thing I see a lot is how British members are so quick to bash the U.S. about its deficit issue. I find it hilarious that you are so quick to rub salt in the wound and sing about how perfect you are, ahh but alas, you are having a harder time recovering than we are.. and we owe more than all nations put together. How about leading by example first before you tell me how to fix my country?

That's the point.

America is meant to be the country leading by example..When other countries see what a # job you are doing of it, you can't help but worry about the state of world affairs.

Fail attempt at trying to flame

& what are you talking about beating us again? I recall how Canada ran riot in your capital city..Yet I don't hear them going on about that all the time.

Stop getting your knickers in a twist, & realise the world doesn't revolve around America.

What riot? I must have missed that.. link?

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

Oh, no some of the NA did still exist. But so few of them were there, anymore. Some of NA was completely vacated. It was a damned shame that so many were driven out--but a lot of the reason the colonist got so up in arms was over the Scalping being paid for by both France and England.

Besides, if we wanted to play the conquered game, England's got more history on who conquered who, repeatedly-- hence the mutt of an English language existing in the first place.

link   

UK does NOT have freedom of speech, in fact, Africa and South Africa have more freedom of speech than YOU do.
reply to post by 31Bravo

Your laws on freedom of speech are direct copies of ours.

Perhaps get rid of our ideas of due process and jury, and conduct trials with a banjo-off. That'd be good old 'Merican free-doom.
edit on 12/6/12 by Morg234 because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by OpenEars123
There's being patriotic and there's being overly patriotic where you become arrogant and have a permanent chip on your shoulder.

I am English and patriotic, and I am married to an American who is patriotic. It's people like you that make British people dislike the Americans.

That's hilarious.. we're supposed to be the model country since we are the strongest but we're not allowed to be patriotic and encourage rivalry? That makes a lot of sense.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by 31Bravo

Go learn some history

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by alldaylong
reply to post by 31Bravo

Apart from what you have posted is total rubbish, the reason why the UK is better than US is for one simple reason. The UK is OUR OWN COUNTRY, the US is STOLEN LAND. That should end the argument once and for all.
All land is inherently stolen.. good god man, take a humanities or history class. UK wasn't before the Roman Empire.. and before that. Go read a book.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I think I'd rather live in the USA than the UK. Although I'd have to live in California. Unfortunately I require nationalised healthcare so will have to stay put on this wet and damp Island.

It's the middle of june and I've got 3 layers on and the heating turned up. Lucky if you ever get more than 2 weeks unbroken sunshine. This countries weather is the worst thing, then the Daily Mail and Sun reading masses.

Still you can't get a good cup of Tea in America (despite having a Tea Party) and that's nearly as important as the healthcare thing.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by 31Bravo

Originally posted by OpenEars123

That's hilarious.. we're supposed to be the model country since we are the strongest but we're not allowed to be patriotic and encourage rivalry? That makes a lot of sense.

See my above post where I mentioned 'patriotic' & 'overly patriotic'
You obviously have a lot of growing up to do.
I rest my case.

Edit: FYI reading a post properly before replying is usually a good idea.
edit on 12-6-2012 by OpenEars123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I'm too distracted by your avatar to read anything you have to say.

Disgusting.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
And now look. Ten minutes into this thread and the insults are flying.

Step back and reread your posts...notice how ridiculous they ALL sound?

"You did it.". "No, you did it .".

Sounds just like my first grade classroom. Seriously.

link   

America is meant to be the country leading by example
reply to post by SmoKeyHaZe

Ha, nice!

But to be serious for once, thank goodness it doesn't, and isn't meant to.

link   
reply to post by CynicalDrivel

I don't live on "Conquered Land" i live in my own country. What my fellow British did 100's of years ago i am not responsible for. I know for one that if i lived on land stolen from others, it would make me feel both uncomfortable and insecure. Someone would always be making a claim for the land i live on.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
hmm....the trolldar is strong with this thread

but ignoring the 4chan eu v's america that generally happens in these sorts of threads we'll find that we can walk among each other countries and have very little cause for complaint except the yanks need to carry 500lb of guns with them to feel safe and we brits need 5 gallons of beer to feel safe walking down an alley but we can agree on certain things such as the french

so we're different but pretty much the same so lets enjoy bashing the french since they're so arrogant that they deserve it

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmoKeyHaZe
reply to post by 31Bravo

Go learn some history
Do you even read your own cited material? Or is this what they are teaching in school in the UK.. Canadians burning what down?

he British commander's orders to burn only public buildings and strict discipline among the British troops are credited with preserving the city's private buildings.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by 31Bravo

Originally posted by alldaylong
reply to post by 31Bravo

Apart from what you have posted is total rubbish, the reason why the UK is better than US is for one simple reason. The UK is OUR OWN COUNTRY, the US is STOLEN LAND. That should end the argument once and for all.
All land is inherently stolen.. good god man, take a humanities or history class. UK wasn't before the Roman Empire.. and before that. Go read a book.

I think you fill find that the Ancient Britons built Stonehenge 3,500 years ago. So what have the Romans got to do with that?

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by 31Bravo

Let me ask you a question have you ever been to the UK? if so where did you go? if not STFU.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
You're seen as the worlds police. Poking your nose into matters and inventing reasons why you think you can.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Hey british cousins!

If you want to burn down the White House again and trash DC, I won't say a word.

*looking the other way, whistling*

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join