It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why America IS better than the UK

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by 31Bravo

Let me ask you a question have you ever been to the UK? if so where did you go? if not STFU.

That is exactly my point.. most British people haven't even been to the U.S. but yet when they make accusations it is perfectly ok. No I have not been to the UK, but I did get my info off Google which is mostly where you all get yours from.. so now that I post what I read about you as a country I'm in the wrong? That is hypocritical.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by 31Bravo

The point is, you got beat that day.

So what, right?

Well, YOU are the one spewing BS about who beat who, yet it's you who fails in not knowing that this happened to your own capital.

Yet you still wish to "proudly" state how your country beats mines.

I won't even mention Vietnam, & several other points of history.

The idiom "horses for courses" comes to mind.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by alldaylong
reply to post by 31Bravo

Apart from what you have posted is total rubbish, the reason why the UK is better than US is for one simple reason. The UK is OUR OWN COUNTRY, the US is STOLEN LAND. That should end the argument once and for all.

That's right. You're a young country.
Our ancestors are from the UK. Where are yours from? Was your great grandfather even born in the US? My guess is he was an immigrant.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by alldaylong
reply to post by 31Bravo

Apart from what you have posted is total rubbish, the reason why the UK is better than US is for one simple reason. The UK is OUR OWN COUNTRY, the US is STOLEN LAND. That should end the argument once and for all.

Uh .....no assuming you're English you should know the Anglos saxons were a collection of invading Germanic tribes who stole the land from the Celts

assuming your descended from the Gaelic speaking peoples then your ancestors displaced the original inhabitants there who migrated there from the hunter gatherer days.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

LULZ! Talk to some Ourish or Scots'.
I have British friends, no joke, a cop here told a Brit mate of mine (he used to have cruel.com) that he needed to learn to speak english.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SmoKeyHaZe

The hidden meaning behind this post is that it is based merely off of stereotype and online material.. You all are soooo mad that you can't even see past that, and quite frankly, it is extremely satisfying to see you all scramble around sticking up for the country you love when someone may have the wrong information.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by paganini

AND KILT THEIR KITTEHS!

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

So is this the new fad on ATS these days? Threads devoted entirely to trashing a country, culture, or religion?

When will we move past this sectional bigotry and recognize that we are all PEOPLE?

Perhaps we do need a zombie apocalypse. Then maybe we could move beyond this nonsense and work together.

Exactly!!! Attacking someone because of their origin of country or religion solves absolutely nothing!!! NOTHING!!
It only creates a defensive attitude toward those on the recieving end of the ridiculous accusation and we all know where that ends up don't we? Maybe we don't?

As another poster commented, "We all have our problems."!

All I have to say to anyone is "Those who live in glass houses, shouldn't throw stones!"!

Division is a psychological tactic that has been studied by those in power for years, and for those of you who are against TPTB, but still use these kinds of threads to start MORE division, I guess TPTB might be correct, when they refer to us as "useless eaters" and "sheeple"!

I love that this site allows opposing views to debate issues, but the norm seems to be who can create a thread and earn stars by posting something such as the OP!

I myself, have actually learned from this site and have changed my opinions and views on many things. I might also add, that I have learned that creating turmoil by attacking someone and saying you are "better than" or "smarter than" someone else, is totally bull# and solves nothing!

Just my opinion, I will go and sit in my corner now and enjoy my time out from this insanity.....

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by 31Bravo

You got your info about my country from google?
Now you're embarrassing yourself.
STFU
I have known plenty of flag wavers. Been to your country and couldn't wait to get out.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
It is not just many people from Britan that hate the American Government.

We all hate you.

The American Government is a war mongering loser of a government. You are deadbeats. Pay your bills!

And you know what else? You are ripping us all off.

How on earth does a loser of a country like the United States that has nothing to offer the world apart from a military retain the Reserve Currency?????

I know many ignorant Americans have no idea how having the luxury of the Reserve Status allows America to cheat. America is the bloated land of tullips. You produce little of value. All you do is move numbers. You ripping us off. You have no right to the Reserve. Stand down. Or fix your country.

The UK is much better than the hell hole that the United States has become.

Australia is the healthiest and happiest OECD nation. We are ranked number 1. It is because we are lucky enough to be neighbours of the true sole superpower, China.
edit on 12-6-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
In fact I find it hilarious that most of you that are British are just trying to get the thread torn down rather than debate the differences, or correct my supposed wrong information.. but by god when an anti-American thread goes up then "Americans are just mad cause the world doesn't revolve around them"
unbelievable...

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus
It is not just many people from Britan that hate the American Government.

We all hate you.

The American Government is a war mongering loser of a government. You are deadbeats. Pay your bill!

And you know what else? You are ripping us all off.

How on earth does a loser of a country like the United States that has nothing to offer the world apart from a military retain the Reserve Currency?????

I know many ignorant Americans have no idea how having the luxury of the Reserve Status allows America to cheat. America is the bloated land of tullips. You produce little of value. All you do is move numbers. You ripping us off. You have no right to the Reserve. Stand down. Our fix your country.

The UK is much better than the hell hole that the United States has become.

Australia is the healthiest and happiest OECD nation. We are ranked number 1. It is because we are lucky enough to be neighbours of the true sole superpower, China.
Yea Germanicus, I figured I would see you here.. looking for stars from the sympathizer routine I'm sure.. aren't you Australian?
edit on 12-6-2012 by 31Bravo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by 31Bravo
reply to post by SmoKeyHaZe

The hidden meaning behind this post is that it is based merely off of stereotype and online material.. You all are soooo mad that you can't even see past that, and quite frankly, it is extremely satisfying to see you all scramble around sticking up for the country you love when someone may have the wrong information.

The hidden meaning, suggests you made this thread to troll UK members. You wanted to extract a reaction based on ill informed research. You have had a run in with a UK member and decided to try and provoke Uk members into your hidden meaning.

People defend their countries, thats what happens. You defend America because your American I defend Britain because I'm British and don't consider myself patriotic. Just defensive.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by 31Bravo

Wrong I have been to the states 12 times in 6 years (my kid lives in NY) I love the states but I wouldn't want to live there.
Troll much?
Oh and can you list all these threads where the Brits are bashing Americans?
There is no better it's just different.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by 31Bravo
In fact I find it hilarious that most of you that are British are just trying to get the thread torn down rather than debate the differences, or correct my supposed wrong information.. but by god when an anti-American thread goes up then "Americans are just mad cause the world doesn't revolve around them"
unbelievable...

Trying to get the thread torn down? No, if we were smarter, we would have just ignored this pathetic attempt to flame.

Troll turning into the innocent victim?

Your thread was created for one purpose...Not to debate the differences, but to sling mud like an immature kiddy.

LOL that's rich.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Germanicus

If we had your weather we would be number 1

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Ew nationalism?

As if the average American and average Brit have anything to do with the history, ups and downs and accomplishments of the borders they reside within.

It's paltry and arrogant to think otherwise. Nationalism is practiced at the expense of everyone else.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
We all know you're the most patriotic, otherwise known as brainwashed.

The only point your thread is proving is your inflated, distorted sense of arrogance
edit on 12-6-2012 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by 31Bravo

Everyone knows that the UK is a testing ground for social experiments that will eventually end up in the US.
Ten or so years ago, the UK was the surveillance camera capital of the world, now the US is right on their heals, if not in front.
Although, I remember a post from a UK citizen one day, that claimed just the opposite, so maybe my opinion is subjective.
With that said, I see this thread diving into a all out flame-fest.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Do you even read your own cited material? Or is this what they are teaching in school in the UK..
reply to post by 31Bravo

Here's to hoping they still teach the Theory of Evolution at your local school. Perhaps that Mittens Romney clown will change it to "black people are cursed such for not helping in the war of Elohim versus the Devil".

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join