It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Falkland Islands to hold referendum on sovereignty

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by starchild10

No it wouldn't save us a packet, we are going to make a lot of money from those islands with all the oil there, and to think we offered the Argies 50/50 split on the rights.
Worth fighting for? yes they are even if no oil or mineral wealth why? because we defend our own and they are British.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Physic

To the topic probably not.
To reasoning behind your posts about not just this topic but many other topics along the same vein.
Absolutely.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

they had a settlement, that was not permanent, because they were forced off the Island and the few that remained, were a minority...same way King has done forever, eliminate the opposition below the majority and take their land ...keeping them from ever having a permanent settlement under Argentine (Previous Name or Current) and maintain control and power...nothing new is it?

Is it legal, well by comparison to Israel with respect to Palestine would say it compares and I must admit it is very challenging situation, however letting the invading settlers have a say in the outcome, it should be on the Islanders decide and vote who are not under the Crowns Rule or Argentinas, the what is it 30% of the inhabitants, the other 70% Under the Kingdom's reign should not be allowed to vote...

They are the ones who are subject to be evicted, by chance, those who conspired in the hostile take over

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Physic

Why don't you answer our questions to you instead of spouting BS? do you even understand the situation or are you just making your own version of history up?

I ask you again where are you from? and if you really think this do you think the people living in the US, Canada, Argentina and Australia should pack up and leave because they are also foreign invaders

edit on 15-6-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

I like the 50/50% cut on the minerals & mining concessions and the fishing rights...

As well as splitting the islands up, equally

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

I have a link to the history here. so we can be clear about where we are at in briefing and source I am basing my opinions on... Admittly have not review it all and devoted as much time and know as much as you all do, and not claiming to be a know it all like you @

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
www.falklands.info...

edit on 15-6-2012 by Physic because: added source

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

If you are asking me where I am from, would say here, same as everyone else...
If I told you, I have interest in the Island and outcome, and should recuse myself from commenting or voting, due to the conflicting interests...I would be lying to you, as I have no attachment or interests there and while investing in speculating wise, is possible, really not personal conflicts like you...

Argentina been raped and abused for years...IMF Austerity by the Crown was mean... I like nice people and don't care where they are from are where they are going.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Physic

You claim to like nice people but want to throw people out who have lived and worked in the same place for 7 generations....pffft just another anti brit, good day I have had enough of you.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Physic

A Penal Colony consisting 33 people is not a settlement.

What on earth do you keep rattling on about a King for?
That has been explained to you time and time again yet you insist upon ignoring anything and everything that contradicts and disproves your bigotted and delusional pre-conceptions.

Who is comparing it to Israel and Palestine - not even Kirchner could dream that one up!

So you don't agree with universal sufferage - just those that agree with your own particular viewpoint or maybe just your race etc?
And you would deny someone whose family has lived somehwere for nearly 200 years the right to vote on who they want to be.
Should we in the UK deny all those not of pre 1800's ancestry the right to vote?
Quite telling.

No-one got evicted back then and no-one's going to get evicted now - what on earth are you on about.
You are simply plucking imaginary things out of thin air and making things up just to suit your bigotry.
edit on 15/6/12 by Freeborn because: clarity

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Physic

I have a link to the history here. so we can be clear about where we are at in briefing and source I am basing my opinions on... Admittly have not review it all and devoted as much time and know as much as you all do, and not claiming to be a know it all like you @

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
www.falklands.info...

edit on 15-6-2012 by Physic because: added source

Wikipedia is not a font of all knowledge. Yes, it can be useful but not it should be taken as definitive. Just for you (and others) i have included this link that lists reasons to be wary.......

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Maybe just resettle them, I agree evicting them is way extreme.

On the other hand, though, taking from the people their before and knowing it was in dispute, does not matter how many generations goes by is my perspective and really the longer time that does go by, would be just more damages and cost the current tenants in any deal negotiations and Legal settlement *

*Note(Legal Settlement not Land Settlements)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Please post link to a better source than wiki and let's not go off topic on validity of wiki please.

Be glad to look at any reference material as long as it does not entail the rest of my life

edit on 15-6-2012 by Physic because: Please point to any thing on wiki that you feel is in error and maybe you can edit it

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Physic

Link isn't to Wiki - kind of the point there..........

And yes, it is actually very valid. People link all sorts to Wiki, even though it isn't properly vetted.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
reply to post by Physic

A Penal Colony consisting 33 people is not a settlement.

What is it then?

What on earth do you keep rattling on about a King for?
That has been explained to you time and time again yet you insist upon ignoring anything and everything that contradicts and disproves your bigotted and delusional pre-conceptions.

The Crown, the Kind, the Queen, Vatican, the Kingdom, the Empire are all one in the same.

Who is comparing it to Israel and Palestine - not even Kirchner could dream that one up!

I am comparing it and that is all that matters for this discussion, is that not fair?

So you don't agree with universal sufferage - just those that agree with your own particular viewpoint or maybe just your race etc?

Sounds like you are calling me racist and bigot because of my viewpoint about the invaders and who they serve...who else should we blame, Israel and those of Jewish decent..let's hope not.

And you would deny someone whose family has lived somehwere for nearly 200 years the right to vote on who they want to be.

Not who they want to be, hope it is more about who is the rightful heirs and owners and sure some kind of settlement arrangement can be made to satisfy all parties, mainly the Empire's and sure it will be worth it to protect the interests...taking and claiming it all and neglecting the people who were displaced and have been apartheid.

Should we in the UK deny all those not of pre 1800's ancestry the right to vote?
Quite telling.

yes, it is not fair, as they are the majority and have interest, that if they are so confident is right and the Islanders and minority will support them, let the minority decide what is right, not the majority, (majority= 70% UK Residents)

No-one got evicted back then and no-one's going to get evicted now - what on earth are you on about.

Think they got exiled or they had option to stay under crown's rule

You are simply plucking imaginary things out of thin air and making things up just to suit your bigotry.

Really, think you are the one playing race card, as I could care less what race, who their master is. I

It is more of a matter of who they serve and what they do, is what matters and how they been treated and been treating people, race and blood is not important..mute...

And if any legal bindings or agreements apply, think that is what matters more importantly than every thing else

edit on 15-6-2012 by Physic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I quote

yes, it is not fair, as they are the majority and have interest, that if they are so confident is right and the Islanders and minority will support them, let the minority decide what is right, not the majority, (majority= 70% UK Residents)

So let the minority in all nations vote decide the majority's fate, that would mean only the hispanics can vote in the US elections, only the west indians can vote in the UK's elections......do you realize how silly this is?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Physic

What is it then?

A Penal Colony is not a permanent settlement designed to colonise and 33 people can hardly be called a colonising community.

The Crown, the Kind, the Queen, Vatican, the Kingdom, the Empire are all one in the same.

An interesting theory - but one not really for discussion in this thread.

I am comparing it and that is all that matters for this discussion, is that not fair?

Quite the arrogant one aren't you?

No-one else has mentioned Israel / Palestine because it bears absolutely no relevance whatsoever to this discussion and by trying to compare it you are trying to both sensationalise and provoke.

Sounds like you are calling me racist and bigot because of my viewpoint about the invaders and who they serve...who else should we blame, Israel and those of Jewish decent..let's hope not.

What I'm trying to point out is that you appear to want to limit voting rights to those who have the same opinion as you and that the next step on from that is limiting it to people purely of the same race / creed etc - a dangerous road you are going down.

I haven't blamed anyone - you seem to be the one who is blaming whole peoples, nations etc and advocating retribution for some perceived crimes committed nearly 200 years ago.

Not who they want to be, hope it is more about who is the rightful heirs and owners and sure some kind of settlement arrangement can be made to satisfy all parties, mainly the Empire's and sure it will be worth it to protect the interests...taking and claiming it all and neglecting the people who were displaced and have been apartheid.

The rightful heirs are the one's who have been living there for the past 200 years, regardless of ethnicity, who have been struggling to build their lives there.
Talk about some imaginary or illlusory 'Empire' or 'King' is simply smoke in mirrors and means nothing to the vast majority of people who live on the islands and who just want to get on with their lives the same as anybody else free from the bullying and interference of their neighbour.

If Kirchner wasn't so self-promoting, selfish and arrogant etc she would have realised that the best interests for the Argentinian people lay with developing the oil industry along with the Islanders and the UK and reaping both the economic benefits and the possible future benefits of closer links and relationship to the Islanders themselves.

And now you try to stir up emotions by likening the situation to apartheid - you really have no shame at all do you as you continue to spew your irrational bigotry.

So you support denying all those of African, Asian, Irish, European etc descent who have emmigrated to the UK since the 1800's the right to vote on matters in the UK?

Does this apply to North and South America, Australia, France, Africa etc?

Think they got exiled or they had option to stay under crown's rule

They had a choice to stay or go - their choice - something you seem to want to deny others.

Really, think you are the one playing race card, as I could care less what race, who their master is. I

Don't think so, you are the one with the blatant anti-UK bigotry.

It is more of a matter of who they serve and what they do, is what matters and how they been treated and been treating people, race and blood is not important..mute...

You are so against 'the King' etc yet support a nation that openly committed genocide against the Patagonian Amerindians in their determination to expand their colonial lands

And if any legal bindings or agreements apply, think that is what matters more importantly than every thing else

You seem quite obsessed with 200 year old agreements and holding people today to account for them yet completely disregard the Nootka Conventions which ceded The Falkland Islands to the UK.
Should we just ignore them should we?
edit on 15/6/12 by Freeborn because: (no reason given)

edit on 15/6/12 by Freeborn because: grammar and clarity

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Did not say everywhere, just in certain situations when it should be done.

Strength in numbers of rightful owners would apply if the Latino's can show cause, like the Argentine have done and show that is in dispute, and reclaim or re capture their territory may apply for sure...can think of lot of cases where this could be raised...

On topic though, since you are saying the Islanders do not deserve to have the majority of consensus power, and I disagree, saying they should 1 vote and the crown vote is not permitted.

What is wrong, you don't think they will support the crown and might evict the Invaders or ask for retributions?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

wow, said if it did not entail the rest of my life and that post deserves more time than have to spend or care to at the moment, so links to back up your claims and support your comments would be nice, as looks like have to go pull the files is what you think I am going to do, in order to show a response, as think a link to sources of contentions would be helpful...

As mention previously, you all know more than I do, about it and just know how I view the situation and really do not understand all the dynamics and going on with it all and sure there is way more to the picture than meets the eye.

Based on what have seen and do know, the invading settlers should not be allowed to vote.

Time to plea their case to the Islanders yes, that is all.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Ok I reviewed your post glancing over it and choose not to comment on it.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus
It will not matter soon.

The Imperial Empire is almost dead.

Imperial military footholes will not matter. England wants all that oil. I dont think the Chinese will allow them to have it when they are sole superpower very soon.

They do not have a large enough population to justify self determination or lay claim anyway. This is nothing more than an english publicity stunt.

I couldn't agree more, this is why the British fight for the Falkland Islands Oil.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join