It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Falkland Islands to hold referendum on sovereignty

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Physic
reply to post by boymonkey74

Maybe just resettle them, I agree evicting them is way extreme.

On the other hand, though, taking from the people their before and knowing it was in dispute, does not matter how many generations goes by is my perspective and really the longer time that does go by, would be just more damages and cost the current tenants in any deal negotiations and Legal settlement *

*Note(Legal Settlement not Land Settlements)

The Falklanders are already home - they've been there for almost 200 years.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by AngryCymraeg

talking about the ones that have been there longer and was there before they came, not the 70% that settled there, knowing the territory was in dispute, as they can have a say, just no vote, and those that were forced off the island and evicted into exile ancestors should have a say, on if they want to reclaim there lands...

edit on 15-6-2012 by Physic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

talking about the ones that have been there longer and was there before they came, not the 70% that settled there, knowing the territory was in dispute, as they can have a say, just no vote, and those that were forced off the island and evicted into exile ancestors should have a say, on if they want to reclaim there lands...

edit on 15-6-2012 by Physic because: (no reason given)

Erm, the 33 prisoners who went home or who stayed? Can you provide an example of any of these exiles who long for their old plantations on the Islands? By the same rules doesn't that mean that Argentina should give Patagonia back to the people who lived there (and who were a lot more indigenous than 33 prisoners)?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by AngryCymraeg
By the same rules doesn't that mean that Argentina should give Patagonia back to the people who lived there (and who were a lot more indigenous than 33 prisoners)?

That's the hypocrisy of the Argentinean position. Whining on that Britain colonised an uninhabited Island a few hundred miles from the coast of Argentina, while keeping their trap shut about their colonialism / genocide in Patagonia in the 1880’s.

In fact, Argentina needs to withdraw to their borders set at the time of independence from Spain, thus shrinking Argentina somewhat and proving they don’t condone any colonisation. What would the UN Decolonisation Committee say about that gesture?

Regards

edit on 15/6/2012 by paraphi because: corrected typo

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

The King and empire has way more blood on his hands than the Argentinians when it comes to genocides

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

The King and empire has way more blood on his hands than the Argentinians when it comes to genocides

You are too predictable and it's all rather tedious and boring. At least try to inject some intelligent comment rather than the stuck record approach.

Regards

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

reply to post by paraphi

You seem to have a bee in your bonnet about this king. Which king?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

same to you and the others

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

How many kings do you have?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

How many kings do you have?

Well we have a Queen, but she has 0% real power. A lot of people died over the past 500 years to get it that way and it works just fine for us.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

I think he's referring to King Carlos of Spain. Spain being the original colonial power in Argentina and much of the New World and not known for their compassion to the natives.

regards

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by paraphi

I think he's referring to King Carlos of Spain. Spain being the original colonial power in Argentina and much of the New World and not known for their compassion to the natives.

regards

True, but Carlos also has 0% power these days.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Well you got protect those responsible and shelter them, so making powerless and just the throne, is all it takes to be responsible...nothing wrong with dodging the blame, is there?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

Well when you're reading from a script. There's not much you can say.
I'm still thinking this is germanicus.

And yes man. Physic/Germanicus just give it up.
There is no argument here that you can make that you haven't already made.
Your logic is circular and doesn't change.

It's all the big bad britains fault.
And nothing we say is gonna change your position.
Kind of hard to change a scripted position anyways.
edit on 15-6-2012 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Magna Carta Libertatum ,

Where have your heard or read views such as mine before, rather like to think they do not tend one to believe they are scripted, as that is a new one, no script here,

en.wikipedia.org...

Legacy

Britain retains sovereignty over 14 territories outside the British Isles, which were renamed the British Overseas Territories in 2002.[213] Some are uninhabited except for transient military or scientific personnel; the remainder are self-governing to varying degrees and are reliant on the UK for foreign relations and defence. The British government has stated its willingness to assist any Overseas Territory that wishes to proceed to independence, where that is an option.[214] British sovereignty of several of the overseas territories is disputed by their geographical neighbours: Gibraltar is claimed by Spain, the Falkland Islands and South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands are claimed by Argentina, and the British Indian Ocean Territory is claimed by Mauritius and Seychelles.[215] The British Antarctic Territory is subject to overlapping claims by Argentina and Chile, while many countries do not recognise any territorial claims to Antarctica.[216]

It does however sound like some others have some scripted responses, not on this end though...

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0010110011101

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04
reply to post by deepankarm

I thought that was America? It's hard to keep track of who the new Imperial scum is we are suppose to hate.

And yet you're so ready to hate without even being in possession of the facts. You must be a laugh a minute.

Who do I hate and what facts am I not in posession of?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by deepankarm

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04
reply to post by deepankarm

I thought that was America? It's hard to keep track of who the new Imperial scum is we are suppose to hate.
I was being sarcastic.
The level of arrogance this good for nothing nation shows......now where is my sarcastic gun???

You do realize I know it was sarcasm and responded in kind. As my posting will show I support the people of the Falklands right to self determination.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Please post link to a better source than wiki and let's not go off topic on validity of wiki please.

Hahaha, Love it...

"Please post to a better source than Wiki", says the man who has just posted a bunch of Wiki links...

Hypocrite.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   

reply to post by Freeborn

Ok I reviewed your post glancing over it and choose not to comment on it.

Hahahahahahahaha...This gets better...

You "chose" not to comment on it? Is that, by any chance, something to do with the fact you have no retort whatsoever to Freeborn's reasoned, fact based response? Probably.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

yeah, lot of jiberrish and not sources to back it up from some here deserves credit, so please, any source, wiki if that is all you got, is fine with me, and the questions was asking for providing sources better than wiki, and asked if those who do not like wiki, show what part of the quotes, they disagree with, rather than blanket discredit it all

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join