It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are UFO believers ridiculed so much?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Just a general question which has always bugged me.

Why are those of us who believe in UFO's ridiculed and scoffed at so much, by governments, Mainstream media etc?

However a person can go to church every day and be considered a devoted Christian. Now this is not a dig at religion or anything from it. It it just really boils my blood that we can be laughed at yet the USA's motto is 'In God We Trust'

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by kevbrownuk

People are just that way...perhaps internally they struggle with the idea but to be a conformist they chose to redicule. I guess its the same reasons the repbulicans and democrats scoff or scold each other...one side genuinely believes that they have the only view that is the right view...

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

People often wait to see befor beliving and by see I mean with there own eyes any video can be scrutinised easly it could have been cgi ect ect so often people can't understand y so many have blind faith in the idea. Just my opinoin I'm new on ats so be gentle with me

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Their is nothing to believe in UFO's are a fact as in unidentified, I personally seen a few things myself that I still have no good explanation for. Personally I'd say it's ignorance, was on a bike ride with someone once and saw 2 UFO's in the sky and I said look at that and he wouldn't he just said their not real.... what a idiot

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
The ufo is a tough subject. While there is overwhelming evidence that some ufos defy explanation, there is also alot of crap out there that hardcore believers believe in.

As for the media and government. The governments have taken the subject very seriously, documents tell you this. But they don't want the public to take it seriously. With all the sightings alone by militery personel, that should tell you that someone odd is happening. Its also telling that the governments say nothing about it, or cover it up for years.

My stance is this, while i believe that some ufos defy explanations, i will not say they are ET until i see evidence to prove that. Until then, they are ufos.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

People often wait to see befor beliving and by see I mean with there own eyes any video can be scrutinised easly it could have been cgi ect ect so often people can't understand y so many have blind faith in the idea. Just my opinoin I'm new on ats so be gentle with me

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

It's when people believe in a case counter to and in spite of all evidence given to the contrary, even when a case is a fairly well known hoax that many open themselves up to ridicule.

The inability to accept a rational known explanation for an event, even when other documented examples are illustrated is also a factor with some.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
The subject is ridiculed because of the ridiculous elements that come with it. New agers who channel space aliens, cults that off themselves so they can hop on a space ship in the after life, hoaxers, charlatans, frauds, etc. The list is extremely long. Unfortunately, these elements tend to make the most noise, and hence get the negative attention warranted from the "mainstream" media. Not ALL of the attention the subject receives is negative, but I think some of the skepticism and derision is justified.

You can't really expect everyone out there to be so interested in UFOlogy that they have read all the case studies and books and have a good grasp of the facts lying underneath all the garbage. Those who HAVE done the research, are convinced something is going on. Where UFOlogy goes wrong is when we have people who loudly proclaim they know the true nature of the phenomenon. Until we approach it scientifically with healthy skepticism (and this form of inquiry is more predominant than the nut job fringe elements) the negative press will continue.
edit on 10-6-2012 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Either:
1) They do not accept the possibilities of life in/out of our own galaxy,
2) They do believe but for fear of being ridiculed themselves they join the band wagon of making fun of others,
3) Simply ignorance,
4) Too religious to accept anything but what the bible says,
5) Fear of not knowing what the "unknown" might bring, they rather be part of #3.
edit on 10-6-2012 by TheEnlightenedOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Why are UFO believers ridiculed so much

because they are lost and dont know nothing.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastProphet527

Or maybe certain groups of people would prefer most others thought that was the case!

edit : what's going on in your signature?
edit on 10-6-2012 by robhines because: added

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

I guess the one issue I've always had is that the videos of UFOs are never that good. Can someone show me the best UFO video out?

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by robhines

Or maybe certain groups of people would prefer most others thought that was the case!

They dont!
In 2012 people are still thinking its a such thing as flying saucers,lol.

They even think aliens use light speed to travel.

Its sickning to see how they programmed the world, and wont tell you the truth,its really is.
edit on 10-6-2012 by LastProphet527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by BoyTheEarthTalksTo
Can someone show me the best UFO video out?

Not sure what better footage is out there, but from 2:35 here is good stuff :

If anyone has better, please post it.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by BoyTheEarthTalksTo
Can someone show me the best UFO video out?

Not sure what better footage is out there, but from 2:35 here is good stuff :

If anyone has better, please post it.

This is not pranks and jokes !...or was you serious?

This is what im talking about...just lost !

If your serious those are flares,thats it flares...wth

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
i'm always getting laughed at for saying i believe there is something else out there,does get annoying after a while though but i just shrug it off as ignorence.
the media always treat it as a joke,at the end of the news with the newscaster smirking as they go on about a UFO seen by a few people.

can't see things changing any time soon though

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

They dont!

They even think we use light speed to travel.

Its sickning to see how they programmed the world, and wont tell you the truth,its really is.

You said we? I get the feeling talking to you is only going to get more confusing.
(I don't believe the light speed travel stuff either, btw.)

What does your sig mean? Is that a quote of someone else flipping out or something?

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Because “UFO Believers” think outside the social construct, thereby setting themselves apart from normality… And as we know, non- typical individuals cause people to fear the loss of normality.
Thinking outside the construct if strictly forbidden, but the truth is out there! Good question, thanks for posting.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

If your serious those are flares,thats it flares...wth

No you have to move the clip to 2 mins 35 seconds, that's the decent bit.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

They dont!

They even think we use light speed to travel.

You said we? I get the feeling talking to you is only going to get more confusing.
(I don't believe the light speed travel stuff either, btw.)

What does your sig mean? Is that a quote of someone else flipping out or something?

it will get confusing and very dangerous,good idea!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join