It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are UFO believers ridiculed so much?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
It blows me away that so few people are willing to look at things like ufo's and religion and tell it how it is, which is:

NO ONE KNOWS FOR SURE.

It's a mystery.

If people who claim to have actually seen aliens/ufo's/angels/demons up close did genuinly see that stuff then i guess they do know about.

Pictures will never be enough for most people.
However by that logic i cannot be sure that china exists as i have only ever seen pictures of it and they may be faked for all i know.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Because it's part of our government's disinformation campaign. Ever wonder why a reporter will always have a smirk on their face when showing a video clip or talking about a sighting? Is it a coincidence that every reporter in the country always chuckles or smirked? Our media is being controlled behind the scenes and not just on UFO's. For the recent number of mysterious explosions and sounds, you would thing their would be reporters investigating the source, yet all you get is it's a mystery?

The FAA has been ridiculing their own pilots who claimed they've seen UFO's. Most pilots will refrain from reporting them to avoid being ridiculed or take the chance on losing their job. Ridiculing people for sightings keeps them from reporting it or makes the story less credible. Its exactly what our government wants to keep either military projects secret or something not of this world secret.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by kevbrownuk
Just a general question which has always bugged me.

Why are those of us who believe in UFO's ridiculed and scoffed at so much, by governments, Mainstream media etc?

However a person can go to church every day and be considered a devoted Christian. Now this is not a dig at religion or anything from it. It it just really boils my blood that we can be laughed at yet the USA's motto is 'In God We Trust'

I'll explain it in lehman terms:

UFO should not ever be categorized or connected with aliens. Everything about aliens is based on blind faith. Blind faith on eyewitness accounts,photos ,videos, tv shows and most importantly aliens movies; which religion follows the same format.

This is why UFO believers are a joke. All UFO's are man made
,And there is no other reason for there existence. Branding a UFO with alien influence is the same as an event or some miracle do to the hand of God. Its ridiculous really.

It makes no sense why every time on ATS someone posts an article or video on UFO's and its falls under Alien sub-forum.

If people really knew about hostile space they would not ever associate UFO's with aliens. So stop being irked and understand the difficulties of space travel. Start with that.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by kevbrownuk
Just a general question which has always bugged me.

Why are those of us who believe in UFO's ridiculed and scoffed at so much, by governments, Mainstream media etc?

However a person can go to church every day and be considered a devoted Christian. Now this is not a dig at religion or anything from it. It it just really boils my blood that we can be laughed at yet the USA's motto is 'In God We Trust'

No intelligent person DENIES that UFOs exist. I mean, the problem is not "Unidentified Flying Objects," which can be anything, right. The problem with the UFO community is that they immediately LEAP to the conclusion that UFOs are extraterrestrial spacecraft with absolutely NO evidence to support it. It's, like, "I just saw something I've never seen in the sky before, and I can't identify it! Therefore, EXTRATERRESTRIAL!

That's crazy.

And then I see all these Ancient Alien and UFO Hunter documentaries, with declared "scientists" jumping STRAIGHT to the extraterrestrial conclusion. I mean, realistically, there is NO evidence ANYWHERE that UFOs originate beyond the Earth. Even the kookiest Alien encounters feature aliens that are straight out of Star Trek, right? Humanoids, with articulated arms, legs, fingers, toes, seemingly PERFECTLY EVOLVED for walking around on Earth, breathing our air at the same gas mixture and atmospheric pressure. Do you realize how impossibly slim are the odds that an "alien species" could survive on this planet? Even the Reptoid stories describe creatures that apparently EVOLVED on Earth. But, I mean, it's not just the UFO documentaries that throw common sense and logic to the wind... I've seen the same thing, the same sensationalism, the same STUPIDITY in the so-called "scientific" documentaries addressing the Big Bang and Black Holes and Magnetars and Quasars and all SORTS of theoretical nonsense presented as FACT.

It's NOT fact...

Astronomy is a MASSIVE edifice of theory. It's not even USEFUL theory, it's just speculative nonsense. Astronomers are the first to tell you, they wake up in a new world every day, because their theories get TRASHED with such regularity.

It's not only the FACT that most of what is presented as Science is pop-theory, it's the FACT that these "scientific documentaries" attempt to frighten the bejeezus out of viewers with nonsense...

For example, one of the most common topics on science network TV is if the human race would(could) escape the Earth before the Sun turned into a red giant 5 billion years from now.

I was stunned into silence. THIS is what "scientific documentaries" are teaching the average viewer(mainly kids) today.

My answer : No human being is EVER going to see the end of the Solar System. No human being will EVER prove the existence of Black Holes or Magnetars or Quasars or the Big Bang OR ALIEN UFO'S.

All these factual documentaries are pure bunk. They're NOT designed to enlighten you. They ARE designed to make you mindlessly follow the theorists — who have NO IDEA of where they're going. They're just making money off of bogus videos and bogus literature. HENCE ALL THE ALIEN UFO CONNECTION.

And, of course, I can't sign off without mentioning the various Biblical Archaeology documentaries... With very, very few exceptions, the Biblical Archaeology documentaries are produced by the same people who produce Ancient Aliens and Deep Space Marvels.

They're produced with VERY LITTLE attention to Biblical detail, if you've ever watched these things. It's all prose and some atheist video-editor patching together brief clips of bad interviews with "Biblical Scholars," attempting to scientifically explain why the Bible is bunk. WHICH IT IS ,,LOL

Yet Science, which is based on MOUNTAINS of theory, is as much a religion as anything they attempt (and fail) to debunk.

Cheers

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by robhines

just a suggestion the video clips look to me as para gliders with flairs maybe a prank to confuse the real issue having observed a blue orb in Scotland in 19 59 with my older brother we were scared . we watched it for about one hour about 200 yards away it was not the moon nor star as it was snowing heavily at the time it would move away to one side when we called our mother . then re appear when she was gone its got me stumped !

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by kevbrownuk

Everyone around me takes off if I even mention the subject of UFO'S! No-one that I have ever been around will even touch on the subject. I cant wait for the day- ET lands or is just in plain sight, so I can just sit and laugh at everyone whom is freaking out! I have even been told by 2 important people- Do not talk about Aliens in Public- I just said OK,

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I think the reason is because of Darwin. Scientists love Darwin, they love him so much that they based their little theories around him even though there is the distinct possibility that he misinterpreted a few things - not that his theory is wrong by any means, but it just isn't complete.

Two things threaten Darwin. God and aliens.

Darwin goes down, the scientific community thinks they will go down, too. They will - but that doesn't mean science will. Science will continue, better than before.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
I always loved the way people "jump to their guns" about UFO's until one lands on the lawns of the whitehouse or we shoot one down we still know nothing, till then it's debatable on what they are.

It could be energy fields effecting each other, flying glowing jelly fish, martians, nazi's, angels and a whole other bunch of non founded beliefs

I have been lucky I've had 3-5 encounters with UFO's 2 spectacular on the others quite possibly Chinese lanterns.
The one I mentioned earlier was most likely the strangest It was 2 orbs one blue and one red. clear daylight too, The blue one was streaming north to south and the red one 2 minutes later did the same thing but slower from east to west. I have witnessed several satellites and these where not conventional versions of these. They seemed to glow.

Anyways I believe they were pink peace loving aliens that have came here to save all the hippies from us bad apples

well one can dream right

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by xpoq47

Safe to say I got really pee'd off with him, I said to him if Jesus just came down from heaven and made you a bacon sandwich and I refused to look because he's not real you'd be angry too. And I must say I have been quite lucky on the sightings I've seen here's one:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

not what some can call a UFO but it was unidentifiable to me and certainly flew fast, The fact is science is still very young if we are still around in a few hundred years I can imagine we will laugh at some of our modern day beliefs on the subject of UFO's. Also dis-information is rife when it comes to this subject most likely to protect military projects. The supposed Nazi bell has always been a big fascination of mine also the Battle of LA is a strange one too

P.S I love watching a bit of X-files but it seems too many UFO fanatics have watched that show far too much

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   
They're ridiculed so much because the stories are ridiculous.

But - loads of ufo sightings and experiences are also true, (whatever they are).

So, if you're a confident UFO experiencer/believer you can ridicule the sceptics back. But it's best to keep it to thoughts only because you'll never win an argument against a sceptic, (unless a mothership shows up in the middle of it.) They wont win either so it'll end up a war of words, which can get nasty, and more boringly, it can go on and on and on...

Personally, I think the mad sceptics are absolutely ridiculous.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   
It is amazing to see how many people don't want anything to do with any alien kind of lifeform.
Personaly i don't know anyone in my area with whom I can have a nice discussion on this issue,
for me this is still a mistery, why dont they want to know?

I tell some...Hey, go out ... and look to the stars, on a beautiful clear night, then ask yourself...are we really alone?? i want to know!
But most of them don't want think further then (earthly) dayly issues.

(that's why i visit ATS)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by LastProphet527

Why are UFO believers ridiculed so much

because they are lost and dont know nothing.

So you are agreeing, the y DO know something (if they don't know nothing) Oh boy, have I ever left myself open to ridicule and attack by the godists, watch em swarm now. I think I can hear em coming bzzzzzzz

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Becasue people try to make a joke of the subject!

The thing is as we advance we are starting to figure out that "god" might not actually exist
aliens on the other hand probably do.

But still theres no makin fun of people who go to church(and i dont believe there should be)
even tho for thousands of years people have been convinced god did or does exist.

The chances of god existing are slim in my view,
aliens?? i think its impossible for there not to be any....

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

It's when people believe in a case counter to and in spite of all evidence given to the contrary, even when a case is a fairly well known hoax that many open themselves up to ridicule.

The inability to accept a rational known explanation for an event, even when other documented examples are illustrated is also a factor with some.

"a rational known explanation for an event" ? Like swamp gas and weather balloons? Give me a break.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
govts keep it under wraps becuz some at the top are actually aliens taking human form and they HAVE ufos and high technology, but want to keep humans under control etc and do not want to share it for that reason...

and humans ridicule each other because they have been brainwashed - by those who know how to use pyschology against a population

people like to fit in, not look stupid, etc. ... they will ridicule someone in order to 'fit in' to society - a human's greatest fear is usually ostracism by the community

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by rapunzel222

That's most humans fears, and do you have any evidence of this conspiracy? and David Icke videos don't count

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

I love how one of those "reasons" isnt: There is no proof WHATSOEVER that aliens have visited us.
reply to post by 3danimator

Yes it's a real shame we can't persuade any of the occupants to walk into a genetics lab, but at least there are photographs, electromagnetic effects and physiological effects all documented and recorded for close scrutiny and analysis. It's a start at least.

A basic understanding of Physics and also a healthy amount of natural skepticism

You need a healthy balance correct, not so open minded that your brain falls out, not so close minded you starve it of oxygen.

The fact you guys need to come to terms with is that you are believeibng in things without a shred of proof. Not a shred. Sorry

You're forgiven for glossing over the subject without study.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Some theorize that ‘Atlantis’ was actually a world-wide highly advanced civilization – mainly based off the fact that pyramids speckle the globe and the baffling engineering feats of the distant past. Why do we have that mentality that we are so worthless ‘ancient aliens’ were the sole cause of our previous achievements. Honestly, I believe the mass migration to the ‘ancient alien’ school of thought is setting those people up for some great manipulation soon to come. Technology is so suppressed no one can imagine what TPTB may have access to. Zero point energy is just the start. Suppression is one of many control mechanisms…

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
What annoys me is when ordinary or qualified people are laughed at like idiots for daring to believe that we have or are being visited in some way shape or form by 'other than Earth' entities. It really boils my bloody when some half baked person just says "something wrong with you man, there's no such thing".

That's their entire take on the subject, bleating like a sheep on demand, at least put forward some proper argumentative reasons for your disbelief.

The most annoying folk playing the 'they don't exist game' are the religious folk, personally I think religious believers should be banned from proper science related jobs, if your belief says dinosaurs never existed then how the hell can you be classed as free minded. Religion despite all the quack you read has yet to be proven to be based upon fact, get used to it, its based on stories which some might say is what UFO's are often based upon but at least I can say that we have radar tracked numerous UFO's, we have archive footage before photoshop where items are doing remarkable things and mass sightings.

I'm still waiting for a mass sighting of God to appear, I'm still waiting for the radar blips and shape.

We already know for sure there are planets out there that have the means to support life, we have proved that planets we thought dead and hostile have the building blocks of life...Fact.

Yet, if you say you believe in UFO's or life elsewhere there's a mountain of folk on here who will laugh in your face. Considering what we know as FACT the jokes on them yet they refuse to acknowledge this.

What alarms me with the god squad are the excuses, initially we are told that god is all loving all caring, a being that if you follow him will absolve your sins but millions of these ultra believers die from violent disgusting deaths (normally because of an alternative religion), the excuse is that these folks go to a better place in the 'after life'. So the being has gone to the trouble of creating these unimaginably complex people and yet their life is unimportant to him / her, their body becomes a throw away commodity.

We have constantly evolving deadly events that take massive numbers of people yet at no time can we say there's been a mass miracle where good humans have been saved from death and destruction by their maker...

Does that not seem rather strange, are these worshippers so unimportant that they don't deserve a bit of impossible to us saving from a being that created them to be so complex?

This being can do anything it seems bar save the very vessels he made when they need him most.

So, we have the religious who follow without question yet they cruelly jibe at those who dare to believe we were once visited by life forms, they dare to ridicule those who believe they have seen strange stuff that has been scientifically checked as far as possible yet they believe a man parted the red sea, built an ark with 2 of all creatures worth saving, and worship a being who lives in the sky.

Pathetic really...If they took time to look at it its not really a far stretch to imagine that these gods might actually have been visitors from afar who then had great stories made about them. Many ancient civilisations actually left data saying they had been visited by people from the stars, yet in a teaming universe with all the building blocks of life and bazillions of possible planets supporting the basis of life it simply could never have happened according to them, man was created in the image of god and we are the only ones.

You know, opening the mind and allowing scientific fact and logic tends to actually make us learn faster, turning a blind eye does not.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

UFO should not ever be categorized or connected with aliens. Everything about aliens is based on blind faith. Blind faith on eyewitness accounts,photos ,videos, tv shows and most importantly aliens movies; which religion follows the same format.

This is why UFO believers are a joke. All UFO's are man made

And you can provide proof of that? I'd love to see the documents you have at your disposal that proves all UFO cases in our history were all man-made. Please share, I've love to see them.

You are doing the same thing you accuse others of - you are going on blind faith that the technology and maneuvers people witness when they see UFOs, are all products of human ingenuity. The speeds, and size, the lack of noise, the abrupt turns - you are going on blind faith that some government has this technology at their disposal - because I can guarantee you don't have proof of it.

And the alien angle is just a reasonable one - if an obviously manufactured aircraft of some kind is beyond the technology we can produce, it's clearly not from this planet. I guess people could go with time travel.. or other dimensions.. so in that light, alien technology is actually the least fantastic and logical conclusion. And unlike faith, there is plenty of provided proof of UFO existence. Eyewitness reports (which imo, are too often completely disregarded), videos, photos, etc. I'd hardly say that's not tangible, because it is.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join