It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Coincidences evidence of a Programmed universe?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Let me first say that I'm a big proponent of things like Digital Physics, Quantum Computing and Black Hole Thermodynamics. So I think the universe can be reduced to information and the universe is a the output of a program. I also think that parallel universes exist.

All of these things make sense if you look at the universe as a configuration of information vs a configuration of matter. When you look at things as a configuration of matter there will always be paradoxes and problems.

For instance, non locality. Non locality is seen as spooky action at a distance because people look at sub atomic particles as matter that becomes entangled and then it somehow knows the position of it's entangled pair no matter how far their apart.

So you get this back and forth debate because Scientist don't understand it but the last thing they want is for people to look at it in a metaphysical sense so they act like they understand it.

It's easy to grasp if you look at it as parts of the program that become entangled. So if I design a program that says if these parts of the program become entangled then everytime this part is measured to be blue the part of the program it's entangled with will be measured as green.

Non locality makes perfect sense in the context of a program. It's just the program following instructions.

Now to Coincidences.

I look at coincidences differently than a lot of people. I see some of them as glitches in the program or places where the universe splits into parallel universe.

I think these things should be expected if the universe is the output of a program.

These should be small things because bigger events are locked in by entropy. For instance, I could never slip into a universe where my sister doesn't exist. If that could occur then it wouldn't be a very good program.

Let me give you a few examples.

Not too long ago, I posted messages on IMDB and You Tube about the same movie. A couple of days later I went back to check the messages and they both vanished. The messages were nowhere to be found. Now most people will look at this and say it's a coincidence or they will convince themselves they never started the messages they just thought they did. I see the possibility of a small glitch in the program or a split into a parallel universe where I never started the messages.

I remember walking into the house and setting my keys on the kitchen table and running to the bathroom. When I looked for my keys later they were not on the kitchen table. I looked for my keys and eventually found them in a pair of pants I had on the day before. Now I vividly remember putting the keys on the kitchen table. Most people will convince themselves that they must of somehow put their keys in the pants they had on yesterday. I look at it as a possible glitch in the program or a split into a parallel universe.

I saw a friend as I was walking to be seated at I-Hop. He was walking out the door so we waived and I even put up the phone sign to the ear for him to call me later. We talked later that day and I mentioned I-Hop and he said he wasn't at I-Hop that day. He was Downtown all day with his girlfriend. Again, most people would convince themselves that they must have made a mistake and they just thought they saw their friend. I see this as a possible glitch in the program or a split into a parallel universe.

I document Coincidences when they occur and weigh them. When Coincidences occur in life we explain them away because they just had to be a coincidence and we just had to be mistaken. Like I said, I'm a big proponent of things like Digital Physics, Quantum Computing and Black Hole Thermodynamics and I think many of these coincidences are small glitches in the program or splits into parallel universes.

You can also use coincidences for your benefit.

I remember years ago, I was thinking about getting into the Mortgage business as a Mortgage Broker. I was watching TV one night and a friend I hadn't seen in a while sort of flashed in my mind. Maybe something on the TV sparked it but a few days later I bumped into this friend at CVS. We started to talk and he was a Mortgage Broker and a Real Estate Investor. So of course I told him I wanted to get into this area and he helped me get started and eventually get my license.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by neoholographic

there are non-human powers interacting with human fates. these "beings" act like directors and sometimes you can nearly "see" their influence.
for example: it came to my mind. "it came" to my mind, that means i am dependent by this "source" of inspiration.
sometimes you try to remember something, but it doesn't come to your mind, other times the memoriy is just there, instantly. this is because it is influenced by another "force" or power, not human.

edit on 9-6-2012 by icepack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by neoholographic

Very cool ideal. I'll have to start keeping a record too.

There's plenty of times I have noticed something has changed, but I always laugh them off and think to myself, "they changed something in the matrix again".

And yes, we are absolutely in a computer program of sorts - no doubt about it. However, I don't think there are multi-verses, as you have described them. That is to say, I think there is only one of our universe and the glitches we experience are just glitches in the programs stored memory.

I think the programs main functions allow us to make changes both mentally and physically. Said changes are recorded and simultaneously reread in order to manifest our reality. The stored information is malformed or has been changed - that's all.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I wrote a post a while back about this. I mentioned that I am renting a house the owner is trying to sell, and every time someone wants to view the house we have to clean it top to bottom which is a pain. The weird thing is that every single time I think to myself that it's been a while since anyone came, or I think my weekend is free and no one will come look at the house, the very next day the realtor calls to say someone wants to view the house. This has happened about 10 times, so it can't be a coincidence. If we are in a program maybe the program is written to make things we fear come true?

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by CB328

If it's becoming true then it's because you truly believe they will happen and you're making it happen yourself.

Faith the size of a mustard seed, The Truth, magick, tulpas, etc aren't bound by nice things only.

edit on 9-6-2012 by Bleeeeep because: edited for clarity

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
You're confusing coincidence with intuition, imo. Intuition is basically you tapping directly into the "information" (or consciousness), be it by your intention (consciously), or subconsciously ("coincidence" - and I see this word and other words like "luck" downplaying the living cosmos), where the subconscious is the part of you that's always connected, and will often interact with you in the forms of a fluke, luck, coincidence, synchronicity, inspiration, and so on. But others may also interact with us in this way - like a "spirit guide", "God", a family member or soul mate, sometimes a bad influence of some kind, the cosmos injecting information, etc.

So I don't see this as a malfunction of any kind. There are no "coincidences", it only appears that way because most are unaware of it until it occurs here. The more one hones their intuitive ability (the sixth sense), the less useful words denoting a happenstance become. In essence, you begin to take control of this reality because you, in a way, upgrade your interface with your subconscious, and eventually learn to manipulate this reality in some way (some people call that their faith unfolding, a gut feeling/strong belief that occurs, a vision that plays out, etc.), but that's going offtopic.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

If it's becoming true then it's because you truly believe they will happen

No, even when I don't think it will happen it does. It seems that something purposefully manifests realities that I don't want to happen, that something could be a computer program. I'm sure a lot of people have noticed this.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by CB328

Hmmm.

Are you considering that everyone has the ability to manifest reality? You aren't the only one who can use faith. If someone "curses" you with "magick" that is just them using their faith the size of a mustard seed to create havoc in your life.

What kind of bad things are happening to you that are unusual enough for you to consider them to be done by the program?

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by CB328
I wrote a post a while back about this. I mentioned that I am renting a house the owner is trying to sell, and every time someone wants to view the house we have to clean it top to bottom which is a pain. The weird thing is that every single time I think to myself that it's been a while since anyone came, or I think my weekend is free and no one will come look at the house, the very next day the realtor calls to say someone wants to view the house. This has happened about 10 times, so it can't be a coincidence. If we are in a program maybe the program is written to make things we fear come true?

I find this interesting. If we are in a programme to use the OP,s annalogy. Maybe avoiding something because we fear the outcome creates a glitch in the programme which try,s to correct itself by costantly trying to make this event take place. Hence what you fear is what you find.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by EncompassAll

Interesting indeed... this stuff people call 'synchronicity' or weird coincidences, they do happen and it is odd. Maybe nothing other than delusion, maybe something incredibly spooky and relevant to us all

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I don't believe in coincidences myself.I believe that every thing happens for a reason.
I don't dismiss that we live in a programmed environment and still have some freewill.
I bet that our minds can do things like make us put our keys in the wrong place and convince us other wise to take our lives in a different direction based on future actions that our sub conscious mind can pick up unknowingly to our conscious mind.imo
edit on 9-6-2012 by deadeyedick because: left out a word

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I watched this little sci-fi movie called The Matrix many years ago; it sort of had the same idea, almost exactly.

In my opinion, we can describe the universe in many ways: a program, an ant farm, a macrocosm, firmament, heaven, hell, the totality of everything that exists etc. But it doesn't change the fact that we are merely in the habit of giving different names to the same exact thing. We don't change anything when we turn God into a Programmer, artist or Creator. It's the same idea, different costume.

However, if the universe was a program, and it came with all of the same limitations as the programs we use today, it would be probable we could hack the universe. That would be fun. Unfortunately, programming a universe would be so tedious and unrewarding that The Programmer of everything that existed would likely still reside in his mother's basement.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope
I watched this little sci-fi movie called The Matrix many years ago; it sort of had the same idea, almost exactly.

In my opinion, we can describe the universe in many ways: a program, an ant farm, a macrocosm, firmament, heaven, hell, the totality of everything that exists etc. But it doesn't change the fact that we are merely in the habit of giving different names to the same exact thing. We don't change anything when we turn God into a Programmer, artist or Creator. It's the same idea, different costume.

However, if the universe was a program, and it came with all of the same limitations as the programs we use today, it would be probable we could hack the universe. That would be fun. Unfortunately, programming a universe would be so tedious and unrewarding that The Programmer of everything that existed would likely still reside in his mother's basement.

Lol, i find myself agreeing with you. We do find many different ways to attempt to describe the same thing. In regards to programming the universe. Lets say the Big Bang was the start of an algorythm. This Algorythm is so complex that the proccess of running it has the power to create any result. A kind of artificial conciousness. This could work within the boundaries of the OP,s annalogy.

Just playing devils advocate.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

Don't think of us as being in a holodeck or being plugged into the matrix. Think of us as minecraft characters or programs in the matrix. We can alter things in the program, but we cannot alter the program itself. i.e. We are apart of the program, and as such, we only have the power to alter what is allowed by the code. And God is an artist, creator, and programmer all at once.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by EncompassAll

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope

Lol, i find myself agreeing with you. We do find many different ways to attempt to describe the same thing. In regards to programming the universe. Lets say the Big Bang was the start of an algorythm. This Algorythm is so complex that the proccess of running it has the power to create any result. A kind of artificial conciousness. This could work within the boundaries of the OP,s annalogy.

Just playing devils advocate.

True, but still describing the same thing in my opinion.

ETA Playing devil's advocate is one of my favorite pastimes!
edit on 10-6-2012 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bleeeeep

Don't think of us as being in a holodeck or being plugged into the matrix. Think of us as minecraft characters or programs in the matrix. We can alter things in the program, but we cannot alter the program itself. i.e. We are apart of the program, and as such, we only have the power to alter what is allowed by the code. And God is an artist, creator, and programmer all at once.

I see what you're saying. Either way, how is this different than us being a part of the universe? What you're discussing is basically the same as what most religions assert. Nothing new here.
edit on 10-6-2012 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by CB328

You could equate your experience with the devil's influence; the devil being chaos.

The program is written to conflict with itself to move time forward. If conflict, then continue to run program.

Would time cease to exist if the program stopped conflicting with itself? What circumstances would have to arise for this to happen? If no conflict, then ?

Just a thought.
edit on 6/10/2012 by rtyfx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

It allows us to finally grasp and begin to explain:
how an all powerful God could be real and who he might be
how a collective consciousness could be real and what it is
how synchronicity of our minds could be real and what it is
how matter came into being in our realm
who we are and why we are (metaphysics)
how reincarnation could be real and what it is
how chi could be real and what it is
why things behave the way they do on a quantum scale (quantum mechanics)
why we have natural laws and what gauge bosons are
how ghosts could be real and what they are
how magick and faith could be real and what it is
how angel and demons and jinn could be real and what they are
and any and everything else

In short: It is the unifying foundation for the explanation of everything.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Re: coincidence, I think it may be a self-check by the program confirming that the program itself is running properly.

If synchronized, then continue to run program.

If not synchronized, then locate/correct error.

Deja vu may not be so much a "change" in the matrix as the program itself malfunctioning for whatever reason. An overwhelmed CPU? A timing error? A lightning-fast reboot?
edit on 6/16/2012 by rtyfx because: (no reason given)

top topics

join