It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Alpha Male

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
What woman does not want a man to be manly?

What woman does not want to feel safe in the arms of her man?

What woman does not want to feel so desired that her husband would have a reasonable amount of jealousy at untoward attention from other males?

What woman does not want to feel secure in the fact that no matter what bad things may happen in life her man will be able to fix it?

Why on earth do some feel a man being an alpha male is disfunctional, and being a pansy is not?

I think men should be men!

+12 more 
posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

being a man, yes.

being a d-bag, no.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Couldn't agree more. Everyone has a right to their own tastes and preferences, but things have gone so far away from what was once considered right.. Right has become wrong, wrong has become right, evil is excepted for good, good is considered evil.. Things are twisted now-a-days.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by homeskillet

totally agreed!

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I'm all for being a "modern" man & trying to have a better understanding of the female species (they still puzzle me)..

But I'm getting tired of all these new-age, metrosexual, skinny-jean wearing, latte drinking, Bieber-hairstyle guys.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SmoKeyHaZe

hehehe we always will puzzle you...

but speaking as a woman, no way do I want a feminine man... I am not gay, I am straight... I do not want to wear 'pants' I want to BE a woman, and in order for me to be a woman... I need a man to be a man...

I am sure I am not alone!

edit on 8-6-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpinionatedB
What woman does not want a man to be manly?

What woman does not want to feel safe in the arms of her man?

What woman does not want to feel so desired that her husband would have a reasonable amount of jealousy at untoward attention from other males?

What woman does not want to feel secure in the fact that no matter what bad things may happen in life her man will be able to fix it?

Why on earth do some feel a man being an alpha male is disfunctional, and being a pansy is not?

I think men should be men!

It's only when they call people pansies does the alpha male become dysfunctional.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Well as a woman I can tell you my personal preference is not the mister nice guys. They might be entertaining at first but thats it. I need a man to be a man and take control of most things. Not that I am incapable but I think the OP mentioned and others, you have to let a man be a man. If not then well we all know how this ends...

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
People have completely mixed up Alpha Male with the [SNIPPED] Pick Up Artist... they are not the same.

It's a shame really.

Alpha males are still around, but they are very rare.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
So long as the difference between being a real man and an alpha [SNIPPED] are distinguished.

A real man knows how to be a humble gentleman.

EDIT: He also know the time and place to be one and when not to.

edit on 8-6-2012 by Garfee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Q2IN2Y
People have completely mixed up Alpha Male with the [SNIPPED] Pick Up Artist... they are not the same.

It's a shame really.

I agree with that, being an alpha male does not in any way equate to some sick freak...

an alpha male is protective, decisive and a good provider... yet is loving and still a very good person, the term alpha male does not mean male whore! it means a man who is a man, imho
edit on Fri Jun 8 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Q2IN2Y
People have completely mixed up Alpha Male with the [snipped] Pick Up Artist... they are not the same.

It's a shame really.

I agree with that, being an alpha male does not in any way equate to some sick freak...

an alpha male is protective, decisive and a good provider... yet is loving and still a very good person, the term alpha male does not mean male whore! it means a man who is a man, imho

So an alpha male is, in your opinion, a better male than another, or have I perhaps read what you have said wrong?

If an alpha male doesn't scream like a little bitch when faced with a giant spider then he is lacking something in his brain.

I only say this in jest as it might be a fun experiment to see some of these alpha males move down my way and see how they cope in Australia!

edit on 8-6-2012 by Garfee because: (no reason given)

edit on Fri Jun 8 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

I think you're setting yourself up for a let down there. Just because a male is a "manly man", it doesn't mean he has the intelligence required to fix everything that's bad that comes along. I haven't seen a man yet who can fix everything ( Present company excluded of course
)

Taking everything you said in your OP into account, you're never going to get the man of your dreams. he doesn't exist. Not in this day and age. Unless you lower your standards, you're going to have to settle for second best hon. But that's what Alpha's are after all. Despite the moniker "Alpha" they're the male version of a clean-up woman. When a relationship fails, they sense the woman's vulnerability and swoop in for the kill. Like a good little vulture. The woman, being vulnerable, looks up to them at that point and see's them as the men who can do no wrong. Their knight in shining armour. She see's a physical strength and the emotional strength it takes to make a woman happy after a heartbreak.

What they don't see through their little "love coma" is the fact, again, that the Alpha male is just a vulture in a pretty package. If that's the kind of man you want, go for it. But I've been a man all my life, traveled in different circles and have seen how different men operate on different women and I'll tell ya, Alpha's are dirt. More times than not they want to wrap their arms around a trophy, not a woman, and they'll say whatever it takes to get their trophy. They're egotistical and arrogant. maybe that's what it takes to get to the top of the business world, and that's all and fine. But most Alpha's don't have what it takes to do that, and then come home, take off their Alpha hat and treat a woman the way she deserves.. If they did have that capability, they wouldn't fit the definition of an Alpha anymore now would they? They'd be a man's man at that point.

Trust me sweetheart, you don't want an Alpha male. You need a man's man.

www.urbandictionary.com...

dictionary.reference.com...

www.masculinefreedom.com...

heartiste.wordpress.com...

www.wisegeek.com...

I think it all boils down to the type of crowd you run with when you define what an Alpha male is. What I wrote is based on what I've seen in my life and, like I said before, I've run with different packs.

edit on 8-6-2012 by Taupin Desciple because: Clarity

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

I had a male wolf in my home who was an alpha male.... he was what I equate alpha to....

that animal would have killed or died to protect me, and while there were times he wanted his way, rather than mine.... he was the most highly intelligent and loving being I have ever met...

that is an alpha male from the animal kingdom.... in the human kingdom an alpha would be quite similar... just a little more domesticated in my opinion (ie: he would not hunt the neighbors domesticated animals!
)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
The thing that I've noticed about alphas, is that the only people who defend the concept, are people who think they're alphas themselves.

The rest of us just call a spade a spade, and a psychopath a psychopath.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by homeskillet

being a man, yes.

being a d-bag, no.

This monkey speaks the truth.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
ah well how come women dont like beards?

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

I do not understand the difference between a 'man's man' and an alpha male

can you explain and/or define the differentiating factors

Also, why does the man of my dreams not exist?

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

A man's man is someone who other men look up to in regards to how they understand and treat women. They do both quite well. That type of behavior seems to open doors to other parts of a mans life, like his professional stature, that otherwise wouldn't open if he didn't treat and understand women well. That type of behavior gives him a certain aire that draws success to it.

An Alpha is someone who gets ahead in life by brute force. Remember where the term "Alpha male" originated from. That type of attitude and the professional success he gets from it is what draws certain women to him. You said it yourself, the main quality you want from a man is protection. The brute force that can guarantee it. Compassion and understanding at home comes second. A mans man puts the emotions first and the force second, and even then, only when it's necessary. A mans man is confident to the point where he doesn't need to wear his physical capabilities on his sleeve, but they're there when he needs them.

If you you don't believe me, I invite any Alpha out there try to take me down. It won't happen.

In this society though it's going to be hard for people to see things this way because so many things are based on physical appearance. I have to get busy with other things right now, but the main difference that you can easily see between an Alpha and a man's man in that the Alpha is the strong, loud type. The other one is the strong silent type.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Also, why does the man of my dreams not exist?

Maybe I was a bit too quick on the draw to assume that. Your definition of an Alpha and mine are different. You seem to have a certain affection for them while I look down on them. If your idea of a perfect man is a wolf in human form, that's your perogative. You'll never see me recommending that kind of man to my daughter though.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join