It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Alpha Male

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

Problem is women want a man to be manly, yes. Chest hair and all that

Problem is they also want a man to be sensitive, a good listener, a good provider, a good father, etc ad naseum. They want to be treated like a princess and be thrown down like a rag doll at the same time. They want us to foot he bill for dinner but god forbid we open the car door... You see where I'm going with this?

We live in a society today where people have conversations via Facebook and SMS, hook up via e-dating and chat rooms, and then wonder why people don't know what the other half wants anymore....

I hate be the rude sounding ass here, but I have found the more arrogance and indifference you treat women with, the more they respect and love you for it. Treating them like a princess and showing them the "doormat respect" they think they deserve is just a way to get trampled on over and over again.
edit on 8-6-2012 by 74Templar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Garfee

If an alpha male doesn't scream like a little bitch when faced with a giant spider then he is lacking something in his brain.

I laughed until I fell out of my chair when you said that. I've just now killed a spider with arms hairier than mine. I didn't scream, so I guess I don't qualify as an alpha, but I killed that little irritation too dead to stink, and I do it every time I see one.

Some things just don't deserve to share my planet with me. Spiders are one of them.

I only say this in jest as it might be a fun experiment to see some of these alpha males move down my way and see how they cope in Australia!

I was offered the chance to go to Australia and declined. You guys have those kangaroos that kick the crap out of you and so on, and I'm just not up for having the crap kicked out of me. Not more than once a week, anyhow. And the Killer Koalas... sure, those things LOOK cute, but I have it on good authority that they grow fangs and thirst for human blood in the dark hours...

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpinionatedB

that is an alpha male from the animal kingdom.... in the human kingdom an alpha would be quite similar... just a little more domesticated in my opinion (ie: he would not hunt the neighbors domesticated animals!
)

I suppose peeing on the furniture would be out of the question, then....

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

lol... not even wolf did that!

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimosa
ah well how come women dont like beards?

Some of mine have told me it's because they itch, and give them a rash.

I told them to get some lotion and get over it.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

'

what you describe as a 'man's man' appears to be one which would have what some would call 'finesse' and others would more closely define as coniving and manipulative

I prefer open and honest.... a man does not have to wear physical capabilities on his sleeve, but those who 'know how to treat women' only do so until they 'own' said woman, then all this changes

physical capabilities are necessary in life... therefore they must exist... no need to 'wear' them however.

A man who is open and honest about being a man would be in my opinion a better choice, they would not change once they took possesion of said woman

yes?
edit on 8-6-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

If an alpha male doesn't scream like a little bitch when faced with a giant spider then he is lacking something in his brain.

I laughed until I fell out of my chair when you said that. I've just now killed a spider with arms hairier than mine. I didn't scream, so I guess I don't qualify as an alpha, but I killed that little irritation too dead to stink, and I do it every time I see one.

Some things just don't deserve to share my planet with me. Spiders are one of them.

I think I was just defending my position of screaming litttle bitch! Who needs and alpha male when you've got bug spray...

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Actually, I will fully admit that is exactly the type of man that I was attracted to, and as such, married. While I am an independent woman fully capable of taking care of herself, I needed (and wanted) the security of knowing that if a time came when things were too much for me, someone had my back. There have been numerous studies that PROVE women are hard wired to seek out an alpha male when they are at their most fertile. It's a survival instinct ingrained in us.

Those differences will always exist, it's just part of life. Does it mean that one sex is better than the other? No, it doesn't. It just means we are different, and the sooner we accept those differences for what they are, the better off we will be.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Alrighty, then. Having read through the thread, I see there seems to be no consensus on just what an "Alpha" is. I was always under the impression that it was a leader type, a problem solver, etc, as the Alpha male of a wolf pack, the lead dog in a sled team, the "old bull" in a buffalo herd, etc. Then I see insinuations that Alphas are really just psychopaths and violent morons, and that just doesn't fit what I thought.

For example, take the "psychopath" description. If an Alpha is a leader, he can't be a psychopath. Psychopaths are not stable enough to be leader material. The "violent moron" descriptor doesn't match what I thought, either. Morons in general are not qualified to lead even themselves, much less anything else, and if you tack on "violent", then what you have is a bully, not a leader. They push, rather than lead, because they don't have the presence and self possession to really lead, so they resort to bullying instead.

Chasing tail and collecting women? Nope, that doesn't fit, either. Wolves mate for life, and the Alphas are faithful to one another. Both care for their cubs and protect them, because they realize at some level that those cubs are the future. My ex made the distinction between "Alphas" and "studs". She said a tail chaser was just a stud, nothing more than breeding stock, beneath contempt, but that an Alpha male was something more than that. To treat an Alpha with contempt was courting disaster.

How he relates to women? Well, there's a lot more to being a man than that, and it will change with circumstances any how. if you only have one speed dealing with anything or any one, it just means you're stuck.

So I reckon maybe I just don't know what an "Alpha" is, after all. if that's the situation, I suppose I just don't qualify to even have an opinion on the subject.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

I think I was just defending my position of screaming litttle bitch! Who needs and alpha male when you've got bug spray...

I was at a loss. I didn't have any bug spray. I DID, however, find a spray bottle of Formula 409 cleaner. I'm not sure, i think it was the ammonia in the spiracles that did it in.

It may have just been scared to death by the screaming, however....

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   

your definition is the same as mine....and I see not one thing that is bad in what you said...

and I know these are the qualities in a man most women want.... at least a great many woman...

some woman are strange, they want to lead, they want to be the 'man' so they seek for men who will follow them and be more feminine.... but I think those woman are much fewer and farther between, they just happen to be louder...

I do not know how alpha men 'treat' their woman, but the type who fulfills the qualities you mentioned above.. would in my opinion treat them like woman... rather than like men in female form

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by U4ea82

Actually, I will fully admit that is exactly the type of man that I was attracted to, and as such, married. While I am an independent woman fully capable of taking care of herself, I needed (and wanted) the security of knowing that if a time came when things were too much for me, someone had my back. There have been numerous studies that PROVE women are hard wired to seek out an alpha male when they are at their most fertile. It's a survival instinct ingrained in us.

Those differences will always exist, it's just part of life. Does it mean that one sex is better than the other? No, it doesn't. It just means we are different, and the sooner we accept those differences for what they are, the better off we will be.

It is weird isn't it, that it is almost a need on top of a want and a desire... nature most likely as you mentioned

and I agree, we are different... we do not have to be the same, we can be valued for those differences that make us each unique sexes

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by U4ea82

My ex also told me, in a candid moment, that all women seek security, and a man that can provide it, and everything else is up for grabs.

She was a thoroughly intelligent woman to be so damned aggravating!

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

I think there are a lot of women out there who will never admit this to themselves, let alone anyone else. It's like they fear they will be labelled as weak if they admit they WANT someone stronger than themselves. I have no problem saying it because frankly, I don't care what other women think of me or my marriage. I wanted a man, if I had wanted someone like myself, I'd be a lesbian.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

reply to post by Taupin Desciple

'

what you describe as a 'man's man' appears to be one which would have what some would call 'finesse' and others would more closely define as coniving and manipulative

I prefer open and honest.... a man does not have to wear physical capabilities on his sleeve, but those who 'know how to treat women' only do so until they 'own' said woman, then all this changes

physical capabilities are necessary in life... therefore they must exist... no need to 'wear' them however.

A man who is open and honest about being a man would be in my opinion a better choice, they would not change once they took possesion of said woman

yes?
edit on 8-6-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

Yes, to all paragraphs except the first. I see Alpha's as the manipulative ones because I don't see them with a lot of affectionate feelings. They get what they want not because they're real about it, but because they take it. I also don't see how showing your emotions is a sign of finesse. To me it just means that you have your priorities in order.

Conniving? I'm only conniving when it comes to other men because they are more capable of taking what I have. Not to say that they can, because they can't. And that's only because I keep a wall up. To all men out there; you think you know me? Think again. I'm always going to have an Ace up my sleeve. I didn't make it this far in life being around certain people, without one.

But yes, I do use finesse, at least I used to, when it comes to women. I respect them too much to grab them by their hair and saunter off to my cave. It's too bad though that some people see finesse as being conniving. Those are the people who can't see real emotions for what they are IMO.

The way it used to be is that a man would approach a woman, they would strike up a conversation and go from there. They would feel each other out with words.( MY forte) Get to know each other through a series of gives and takes that way. Kind of like what WE"RE doing right now. This was back in the day when people actually went out on physical dates with each other and not just chatting it up online though. And of course there would be some testing going on so they could make sure the other was for real. Rhetorical questions for example. Many people see that as manipulative, but I see that as getting to know a person beyond a shadow of a doubt. If you can't "manipulate " the truth out of someone, how else are you going to get it?

When that happens though, you can pretty much rest assured that the person won't change when you give them a key to your place. You've already covered that base. Yes?

I have to log off, you OpinionatedB
, but I'll be back in the AM.

youtu.be...

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

It's very true. It makes me a little sad that she had a problem admitting this to you, because in my experience, it's something that a man needs to hear every once in awhile. I say this to my husband all the time because I know that providing for our family is something that's very important to him, and I like for him to know that he's doing a good job at it.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

some woman are strange, they want to lead, they want to be the 'man' so they seek for men who will follow them and be more feminine.... but I think those woman are much fewer and farther between, they just happen to be louder...

My first wife (yeah, I know - it's not something a man should collect, because the hobby gets expensive... I guess I just can't get along with anybody!) was like that. A "Type A" personality, always wanting to be the lead dog. I generally let her do most anything she wanted, and I did whatever I wanted. Whenever I'd decide that enough was enough, and put the stops to anything, however, you've never heard such wailing and gnashing of teeth!

After a while, she figured out that I'm just not trainable, and thought that the best way to handle that would be to give me an ultimatum. I don't handle ultimatums at all well. I was gone within a week.

There was a lot of wailing, and gnashing of teeth and hand wringing after that, interspersed with a lot of "please come home!"'s, but nothing doing. When I'm done, I'm done. If I want a boss, I'll get a job.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

lol... you were obviously not very choosey when you chose her! This is how mistakes are made!

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple

I see Alpha's as the manipulative ones because I don't see them with a lot of affectionate feelings.

I used to entertain affectionate feelings, but I got rid of them. I decided I didn't need to hang on to stuff that would only be used against me.

I also don't see how showing your emotions is a sign of finesse. To me it just means that you have your priorities in order.

Emotions are manipulative by nature. Think about it - when someone wants to control you, they try to make you "feel" bad. They try to shame you into compliance. they use YOU against yourself.

Conniving? I'm only conniving when it comes to other men because they are more capable of taking what I have.

I'm not very conniving. I have a conniving deficit. I prefer dealing more directly, saying what I mean and meaning what I say. Everyone knows just where they stand that way. No guesswork. That may put me at some sort of disadvantage, but that's life. I heartily recommend folks to test me out and see whether I meant what I said, or whether I was just angling for an advantage.

But yes, I do use finesse, at least I used to, when it comes to women. I respect them too much to grab them by their hair and saunter off to my cave.

yeah, those bald spots from dragging them around by the hair are not very finesse-oriented. I prefer just tossing them over my shoulder and heading for the cave. If you put just a little bounce in your step, they calm right down pretty quick.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

You get it. That's freaking awesome...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join