It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Alpha Male

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by U4ea82
reply to post by nenothtu

It's very true. It makes me a little sad that she had a problem admitting this to you, because in my experience, it's something that a man needs to hear every once in awhile.

She whispered it from behind her hand, like it was some sort of Secret of the Sisterhood.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by OpinionatedB

lol... you were obviously not very choosey when you chose her! This is how mistakes are made!

yeah, I was young, and it was the whole "damsel in distress vs. knight in shining armor" thing. Once the knot was tied, I saw a different side of her. I stuck it out for 8 years all the same, then I ditched the armor - it was too heavy to tote around all the time..

edit on 2012/6/9 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

LOL.

You would be surprised how many times I've been reprimanded by other women for daring to insinuate that men and women are in fact different. I have literally been screamed at that I'm setting the women's rights movement back years for assuming traditional gender roles within my own marriage. It's utterly ridiculous. I mean, I work and bring home a paycheck, I'm not some bon-bon eating housewife or anything like that but, I do take care of meals and cleaning and such...however, I enjoy those things so I fail to see how I'm acting to the detriment of other women by doing what I like.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by U4ea82

You're not acting to their detriment. that's their own insecurity speaking. if they think that what YOU do sets THEIR efforts back, then they need to look within themselves and see if they can figure out where the deficiency is that they can't forge onward under their own power.

people who are secure in themselves don't look for externals to hang their own failures on. They accept the failure, then move onward and fix the problem that caused it, and that problem is ALWAYS in themselves, because its THEIR efforts they think were stymied.

Yours are chugging along just fine.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by U4ea82

Why on earth would anyone care what you do within your own marriage? I think we (women who desire womanhood) should be reprimanding them for setting back womans rights! because I have the right to BE a woman, and they are trying to take my right away!

Originally posted by U4ea82

You get it. That's freaking awesome...

It is, isn't it!

edit on 9-6-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
It's the middle of the night here, and I feel like playing DJ, so here you go:

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

I've tried explaining that so many times, but it never quite sinks in so I just stopped wasting my breath. The thing is, I'm not anti-feminist but, there are those out there who take it to such an extreme. I've found that those women who are extreme in their views have become so anti-male that they've reached a point where they believe it absolves them from all personal responsibility. They attribute every bad thing in their lives to men, and nothing you say or do will ever convince them otherwise.....this is why I don't get along with most women.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

Exactly! Finally, a woman who thinks the way I do. I mean why am I always expected to agree with every feminist simply because we both have ovaries? It's a ridiculous notion

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

The emotional part you mentioned, the fact is men are not as emotional as women are. You can put a male and a female in the same situation and the male is not going to react emotionally..

point of fact: I know a male and a female who were both in a very bad and physically and psychologically abusive situation, the male spoke once concerning his 'feelings' about what happened, he said " I tried to cry about it, you know all that wah wah wah stuff, and it didn't work for me... I would rather just go on with my life"... It is his ability to deal with it unemotionally, that helps her to view things in the forward motion manner, when others try to drag her into the past and she gets upset.... he simply does not get upset...

would he one day get even? Who knows? But emotional he will never be....

A man who does the whole touchy feely thing, is only trying to manipulate the woman into feeling safe and secure.... this is a more dishonest stance than the one who is who he is and has the ability to protect, and no need to announce this ability...it is something that a woman can sense

Alpha males are the silent type, they are not loud... but they do speak their mind when asked..they are capable of making decisions, and taking responsibility for their failures, learning from them, and moving on...

As far as speaking to a woman and getting to know them, finding out if they are a compatable mate... alpha males do this too... this is just called 'intelligence'

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by U4ea82

well, the long and short of it is that if they want to grab the bull by the horns, THEY have to grab it. No one else can do it for them, nor can anyone else take the blame if they fail to do so. as far as them being absolved of all personal responsibility goes, they will NEVER get where they claim they want to go without first shouldering that responsibility and owning it. that's 90% of the game - you can't claim responsibility for your successes without also admitting responsibility for your failures. They are two sides of the same coin, and it's often just a heads or tails flip. You just have to keep flipping the coin until you get the results you want.

I don't get along with most women because girls just don't like me - I think it has something to do with the frogs....

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   

I don't get along with most women because girls just don't like me - I think it has something to do with the frogs....

thats ok, just remember to toss them over the shoulder rather than drag them by the hair!

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by U4ea82

True! But I do know several women of likemind, you are not alone in this world!

Nice feeling isn't it?

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by OpinionatedB

thats ok, just remember to toss them over the shoulder rather than drag them by the hair!

the problem with that is that if I turn them too far upside down, the frogs start falling out of their bodices... on the other hand, when you drag them by the hair, and there's all that screaming, how's a fella supposed to even think, with all that racket going on?

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   

lol... you remind me of my brother who once gathered up several snakes and then sneaked up behind me while I was sitting one day and put them down the back of my dress...

yes... I definitely screamed! LOUD!

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

Spot on..
AND Then I saw your Bruce Springsteen song "Loving you is a Mans Job". I have seen him live 5 times. Always front or second row.One of the most amazing performers ever. Last concert I went to he sang "Loving you is a mans job" straight to me for quite awhile, eyes locked. Oh yaaaa, thanks for reminding me..lol.
Cheers!

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
So many have asked the definition of an Alpha Male. Mine is not some bar-hopping young up-and-comer trying to get as many notches on his belt as possible. In the wild, that type is the one that is run off or challenges the Alpha Male. The Alpha is the protector of the family, provider of the family, smart enough to understand the younger animals but wise enough to know how to handle them.
If men on here have questions, check out the Art of Manliness website. It teaches wisdom from our father's age that, if you understand and live by, you are leading an Alpha life. If it seems stupid in this day and age, keep running around the outskirts of the pack until you are old enough and wise enough to understand.
artofmanliness.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
100% agreed.Its the natural law for men to be men anyway(not jackasses though)

edit on 9/6/12 by Viking9019 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Some women will never allow a man to be a man. They have to control every single aspect of his life that they can.

It's been my experience that alpha males are similar too, in that they have to be in control of everything around them, and you have to bow down to their expectations. Any relationship is going to be one way, that is to say they will never give a damn about how you feel and always berate and insult you to correct your behavior.

As for me, I will never be friends with such a person ever again.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by 74Templar
reply to post by OpinionatedB

Problem is women want a man to be manly, yes. Chest hair and all that

Problem is they also want a man to be sensitive, a good listener, a good provider, a good father, etc ad naseum. They want to be treated like a princess and be thrown down like a rag doll at the same time. They want us to foot he bill for dinner but god forbid we open the car door... You see where I'm going with this?

How is this a problem ?a man or a woman for that matter should have more than one side to their personality and be able to show it when circumstances call for it. I don't think women asking for variety is a bad thing.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
Some women will never allow a man to be a man. They have to control every single aspect of his life that they can.

Protip: If they can control your life, you're doing it wrong!

It's been my experience that alpha males are similar too, in that they have to be in control of everything around them, and you have to bow down to their expectations. Any relationship is going to be one way, that is to say they will never give a damn about how you feel and always berate and insult you to correct your behavior.

See protip above. "Domineering" is not being an Alpha - it's just being a frightened little bully. Bullies are bullies for the same reason that controlling people are controlling - they are afraid - of everything. Because of that fear, they engage in an effort to micromanage and over-control everything and every one around them. It's their supreme lack of self confidence, which is not supposed to be a hallmark of an Alpha.

If one leads by beating others down, he's not leading from the front, he pushing from behind. He does so out of weakness, fear, and general ineptitude. What's "Alpha" about that? Sounds more Omega to me - the end of the line. When those people encounter a genuine Alpha, they pee all over themselves and roll over on their backs.

They tend to whine a lot when they do that, too.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join