It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheism to Defeat Religion By 2038

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by Bone75

Where did I say a single creator seems impossible?

Well you are an atheist aren't you, did I miss something? Did the one thing that all atheists have in common change from the time you posted it until now?

What exactly is the one thing Atheists have in common?

Lack of Belief in a god/deity.

Wrong, they lack the belief that Gods do exist, and that is their belief.

Again - - - all true Atheists are also Agnostic. God can not be proven or dis-proven.

True atheists? Like true Christians follow what the website you quoted before follow?

Absurd. Do you fancy yourself as the king of atheists?

You've already said the Devil doesn't exist, and I believe you already have said that God, in fact, doesn't either. I don't think you know what you're talking about at all. I'm just trying to make it clear for everyone else.

"Lack of Belief" - - - not "there is No God" - - because that can not be proven.

You don't need proof to believe in something. There is doubt inherently involved.

Granted in conversation - - the phrase "there is No God" does come up - - but it is incorrect.

You say all kinds of things. You say your an atheist, then you claim that you you are a God, then you claim you don't have a belief, BUT THEN YOU DO!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You need to reevaluate what your spiel is. You're all over the place.
edit on 8-6-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron
You say your an atheist, then you claim that you you are a God, . . .

I want you to explain to me what:

"I am my own God" means.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

What Is Atheism?

by: BlairScott's

NOTE: Please do not confuse the definition of atheism with the philosophy of atheism. A lot of atheists do not like the idea of atheism only being a “lack of belief in gods,” but that is because they are placing the philosophy of atheism onto the definition of atheism. The two are different. If the definition of atheism qualified as the philosophy then we must accept babies in our numbers, which is obviously ridiculous. The philosophy of atheism ranges from one person to another, which is why I do not address it in this article. My concern is the definition of the word. I would encourage you to leave a comment on what you think the philosophy of atheism is!

What is atheism?

“Under no circumstances would I ever vote for an atheist [for President] because they are terrible [and have] no moral code.” – Star Jones, from the ABC morning television show The View, March 16 2002

“What is atheism” is usually the one question never asked of atheists. Most people do not ask this question because they already have their own ideas about what atheism is and what atheists are. Where these ideas originate vary from their minister to their social circle to myths encouraged by certain media outlets. [reality]

Theists usually define atheism incorrectly as a belief system. The ulterior motive behind this incorrect definition is that if atheism is a belief system, then theists can refer to atheism as a religion. If one can refer to atheism as a religion, then one can argue that attempts to uphold the separation of church and state (SOCAS) supports the “religion of atheism.” Laugh if you must, but lawyers tried to do just that in the summer of 2004 in Alabama. Syndicated Christian radio host Kelly McGinley (Retaking America) tried it after the courts ordered the removal of former Alabama Chief Justice Roy Moore’s Ten Commandments monument in the rotunda of the Alabama Supreme Court. Having been a two-day guest on her Christian radio show I can assure you that she was dead serious about this and did not mean it in a sarcastic way. She honestly thought that removing the monument was supporting the “religion of atheism.” Older dictionaries define atheism as “a belief that there is no God” and/or “denial of God.” Some dictionaries go further and say that atheism is “wickedness,” “sinfulness,” “heathenism,” “paganism,” and “immorality.”

Some dictionaries even say that atheism is the “doctrine that there is no God.” At least The American Heritage Dictionary says “God and gods” after the word “doctrine,” but that does not detract from the fact that use of the word “doctrine” is incorrect. Clearly, two thousand years of Christian influence have tainted dictionaries. I am certainly not suggesting a conspiracy. I am only suggesting that the theistic worldview and theistic usage of the word have tainted the definition from the original meaning of the word. atheists.org...

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

"I am my own God" means.

Sounds like Hinduism, but you left out the other 7 billion Gods out.

Whatever it is, everything you say as a whole doesn't make sense. You need to recognize that.
edit on 8-6-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by satron

He didn't leave out anyone - you (or anyone else) can be your (or their) own god if you (or they) want to be - him being his own god has nothing to do with it.

And of course everyone is an atheist in respect of some god or other - x-ians and moslems do not believe in Zeus or Thor, etc.
edit on 9-6-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

"I am my own God" means.

Whatever it is, everything you say as a whole doesn't make sense. You need to recognize that.

NO. You don't understand.

That's what I thought.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
reply to post by satron

And of course everyone is an atheist in respect of some god or other - x-ians and moslems do not believe in Zeus or Thor, etc.
edit on 9-6-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

Theists can believe that other Gods aren't real. They don't merely think that those God's aren't real, they believe that they aren't real, unlike their God.

I guess that means atheists are polyatheists, right?

A theist is someone that believes in God, it doesn't matter which God.

An atheist is someone that believes in no God's existence.
edit on 9-6-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   

"I am my own God" means.

That's what I thought.

Your position is lacking logic. Logic is something atheists are supposedly better at, but this argument strips them of that claim.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   

"I am my own God" means.

That's what I thought.

Your position is lacking logic. Logic is something atheists are supposedly better at, but this argument strips them of that claim.

No its not.

You just don't understand it.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Atheism FAQ for the newly de-converted

From your link:

1 Okay, what is it that I'm supposed to believe now?

The truth is that you're pretty much free to believe whatever you want.

Obviously, this is not what atheism is. Is this some "New Age" atheism? It's absurd, you know that?

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   

"I am my own God" means.

That's what I thought.

No its not.

Who could understand it? It's jumbled up garbage, as you put it.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Who could understand it? It's jumbled up garbage, as you put it.

Lots of people understand it.

But you don't.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Obviously, this is not what atheism is. Is this some "New Age" atheism? It's absurd, you know that?

Actually - - yes it is. I explained Atheist Philosophy to you - - - you keep rejecting it.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Actually - - yes it is. I explained Atheist Philosophy to you - - - you keep rejecting it.

There is no atheist philosophy, and anyone claiming to acknowledge it are only recognizing their own, not everyone's. There are different avenues to being an atheist. Don't push your garbage on me.

All an atheist is is someone that believes God doesn't exist, and they have their particular reason.

Look at this! From your "Philosophy"

The philosophy of atheism ranges from one person to another, which is why I do not address it in this article

Sense...please make it.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   

There is no atheist philosophy, and anyone claiming to acknowledge it are only recognizing their own, not everyone's. There are different avenues to being an atheist. Don't push your garbage on me.

LOL

You don't even realize you are stating what I've said all along.

All an atheist is is someone that believes God doesn't exist,

That is incorrect. The wording is incorrect. It implies a belief in god - - then rejection of god.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   

LOL

You don't even realize you are stating what I've said all along.

You haven't said this all along. That's the funny thing. It's OK if you've had a change in heart, but you need to admit it, and not remain in denial about it.

That is incorrect. The wording is incorrect. It implies a belief in god - - then rejection of god.

You do have a belief regarding the existence of God, just like everyone else that has been exposed to the concept.

What is implied is the belief not in God but the existence. God is an idea that everyone has been exposed to, and is able to form a belief about.

You're in DEEP denial.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   

You do have a belief regarding the existence of God, just like everyone else that has been exposed to the concept.

What is implied is the belief not in God but the existence. God is an idea that everyone has been exposed to, and is able to form a belief about.

You're in DEEP denial.

I'm not in denial of anything.

But I am done with you.

edit on 9-6-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   

You're in DEEP denial.

I'm not in denial of anything.

But I am done with you.

edit on 9-6-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

You've said this before too!

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bixxi3
I fear I got to this thread abit late but oh well.

To the OP why do you believe that a atheist world would be any different then what we have now?

I'm not sure that I do believe it would be substantially different - IMO the only difference would likely be that people couldn't say they were doing anything for a "higher power" if ht whole world was atheist - it might make a few more of them stop and think.....or maybe not.

Humans created religion, if it never existed there would be something else that would of cause so many problems for the world.

Money, power, greed - these are human conditions regardless of religion it is true - but religion seems to allow some people to pursue them without having to take responsibility for the decisions - they can "blame" it all on "god's will" or "doing god's work" or something similar.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join