It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheism to Defeat Religion By 2038

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
The title of this thread is

Do you suppose that if this

Originally posted by EnochWasRight
truth is in the Word.

is the best you can come up with then the reason for religions defeat is its followers are now dead in the water and out of ideas?

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bone75
Atheism to defeat religion by 2038? You do realize that currently 84% of the world's population is religious, don't you? Atheists are a very small minority.

All of your science, logic, and reason will never outweigh personal experience.

I've had personal experiences since birth. You know OBE's - visions - etc.

I am still Atheist.

An imaginary omnipotent invisible being - - - - is not the only explanation.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
. . . for someone who obviously doesn't believe in God, he sure is doing the devils work.

Well that would be your interpretation.

An Atheist is not doing the devil's work - - - because there is no devil.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Atheism to defeat religion by 2038? You do realize that currently 84% of the world's population is religious, don't you? Atheists are a very small minority.

All of your science, logic, and reason will never outweigh personal experience.

You do know its growing right?

Someone becoming atheist(meaning looking out side the religious circle) is far more appreciated than a person who jumps around religion to religion.

imo, A new atheist is like = 10 converts.

Its will grow more and more because people are beginning to realize that its okay to doubt the existence of a supreme being.

In reality sooo many of those fall under the christian/Muslim/etc category is in fact people who doubt the god but stays in it because of fear and rejection.

If there was an Atheist organization, i would join the one that sends a message saying its OKAY to be an atheist.

more people realize the more it will grow, religion is losing its members because those people who doubt the existence of the supreme being are hanging around with religion until a certain number of atheist are among population. so they can jump in and be true to themselves without getting hit by prejudice.

__________________________________________________________________________________

When i go to family events(my aunts believe in god, but no way religious) i never come and be like, i'm an Atheist, because imo, just like the most of the world, they can't live without a supreme being to rule over them, so all they can do is doubt me.

Im actually happy that the new generation is asking a lot of question about existence of gods, i feel bad for the ones that grow up in religious house that bombard them with religious endoctrine, sadly these religious kids not gonna make it in the new world.
edit on 6/8/2012 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/8/2012 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Can you offer another?
edit on 8-6-2012 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Can you offer another?

Sure. The brain itself.

Off planet beings.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream

If there was an Atheist organization, i would join the one that sends a message saying its OKAY to be an atheist.

www.atheists.org...

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Truth is in the Word.

Bummer when someone seems to make logical sense.

Then supports it with: "Truth is the Word".

If you know the symbol for LOGOS and Word, you would see one bit of information open like a flower. Read the link in my signature.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

He can't be seen. He can be known. You can be seen and known.

Sorry.

But that says nothing.

Symbolism can only be seen internally when your awareness is broadened beyond self. Virtue is the bridge that takes the scales from the mind.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by HumanCondition

"God does not exist, and if there is such thing as a god which is so unlikely its basically impossible because it is one in an infinite number of possibility it is impossible for it to be your specific god."

Unless your God is the Sun.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by racasan
The title of this thread is

Do you suppose that if this

truth is in the Word.

is the best you can come up with then the reason for religions defeat is its followers are now dead in the water and out of ideas?

A Word is a wave. Light is a duality of particle and wave, yet it also possesses consciousness. This makes light all three. Father, Son, Holy Spirit. The Son is the Word.

John 1

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome[a] it.

The TRUTH that holds us together is the Word as well. Yes. Word is about the best I can do.

Cohesion - the act or state of cohering, uniting, or sticking together.

1 Colossians 1:

15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

So you're saying that you are open to the possibility of such things as your spirit leaving your body, seeing things before they happen, and aliens defying the laws of physics to visit our planet...

...but the thought of a single creator seems impossible?

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

So you're saying that you are open to the possibility of such things as your spirit leaving your body, seeing things before they happen, and aliens defying the laws of physics to visit our planet...

...but the thought of a single creator seems impossible?

Where did I say a single creator seems impossible?

I actually believe the creation of our universe was a single spontaneous event. Could consciousness evolved from that event? Well it had to come from some where - didn't it.

Any true Atheist is also Agnostic. God can not be proven or dis-proven.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Sorry.

But that says nothing.

Symbolism can only be seen internally when your awareness is broadened beyond self. Virtue is the bridge that takes the scales from the mind.

Double Talk

Try a direct plain English statement.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Well you are an atheist aren't you, did I miss something? Did the one thing that all atheists have in common change from the time you posted it until now?

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Sorry.

But that says nothing.

Double Talk

Try a direct plain English statement.

A person who can see truth is spiritual. This is because they have overcome the selfish tenancies that lock the only person they were in a constant state of wanting more from the material world. When a baby is born, it is close to the mother's breast. This is because the world it knows it the breast. A person that is locked in the breast of the material world is the same. Blindness comes from a small awareness. When you begin to look out across the world with virtue and actions that match, awareness expands. Virtue is the bridge between the blind eyes of materialism and the spiritual eyes that can see under the surface of what is seen. Is the ocean the surface and waves only? Dive deep, but be prepared first.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Well you are an atheist aren't you, did I miss something? Did the one thing that all atheists have in common change from the time you posted it until now?

What exactly is the one thing Atheists have in common?

Lack of Belief in a god/deity.

Again - - - all true Atheists are also Agnostic. God can not be proven or dis-proven.

"Lack of Belief" - - - not "there is No God" - - because that can not be proven.

Granted in conversation - - the phrase "there is No God" does come up - - but it is incorrect.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

A person who can see truth is spiritual.

I can not accept this phrasing.

"One man's truth . . . "

This is because they have overcome the selfish tenancies that lock the only person they were in a constant state of wanting more from the material world. When a baby is born, it is close to the mother's breast. This is because the world it knows it the breast. A person that is locked in the breast of the material world is the same.

We live in a material world. Do you suggest we live out in the wild and the elements?

Blindness comes from a small awareness. When you begin to look out across the world with virtue and actions that match, awareness expands. Virtue is the bridge between the blind eyes of materialism and the spiritual eyes that can see under the surface of what is seen. Is the ocean the surface and waves only? Dive deep, but be prepared first.

That's a bit over dramatic.

How about awareness beyond the physical and awakened consciousness of the energy spirit. We are the Light of the Light. Nurturing our true self - the consciousness of all that is - will rise us up - above the false world.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

How about awareness beyond the physical and awakened consciousness of the energy spirit. We are the Light of the Light. Nurturing our true self - the consciousness of all that is - will rise us up - above the false world.

There is no doubt this is the aim. We are baptized into the water to rise to new life. The question is, are we rising or dragging others down with us? Read the Word to know. Light can only be used to reveal what it hits. When you look in a mirror, you see your reflection. The mirror cannot show anything else. The Bible is a mirror we see ourselves by.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

There is no doubt this is the aim. We are baptized into the water to rise to new life. The question is, are we rising or dragging others down with us? Read the Word to know. Light can only be used to reveal what it hits. When you look in a mirror, you see your reflection. The mirror cannot show anything else. The Bible is a mirror we see ourselves by.

Sorry - - I just can not do the religious bible wording. Its such a turn off.

When you look in a mirror - - you see through your reflection - - if you are aware of evolved consciousness.

The Bible is a distortion of ancient text - - manipulated and controlled by man. Not to mention the original scribe was only describing his interpretation of events.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join