It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheism to Defeat Religion By 2038

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Sorry I meant to just blame the AskAnAtheist channel for my banning, I wasn't targeting all athiests my apologies, I will explain in further detail of my situation in an upcoming thread

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by xAlbinoniblAx
reply to post by Annee

Sorry I meant to just blame the AskAnAtheist channel for my banning, I wasn't targeting all athiests my apologies, I will explain in further detail of my situation in an upcoming thread

Atheism is not a belief.

Atheism means one thing only: Lack of Belief in a God/Deity. It is not a "verb" - - it takes no action.

Individuals can believe whatever they want. Beyond the one common denominator "Lack of Belief in a God/Deity" - - - Atheists are individuals. What they think/believe would be their own personal Atheist Philosophy. Not Atheism.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Understand that what I believe God is just consciousness experiencing itself as an aspect of everything that exists, so just know that i do not believe God is a white-bearded old man in the sky

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Given the way religious nutcases are driving the world to war (specifically fundy x-ians in the USA, fundy islamists everywhere, fundy zionists in Israel & the USA) IMO can't happen soon enough!!
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Good luck with that baby. In January 26, 2000 the Pope created a global church state.... guess what that means....
The pope is going to put the smack down on all you unbelievers, you will worship him and exactly as he wants you too worship him *cracks the whip. But don't worry, I think all the real Christians will be eliminated first or soon after (real Christians don't do violence to man, the apostate ones do.... gee-sh, do your homework).

The N.W.O. has that all built right in darling, did you not get the memo?? Don't worry, I understand he plans a grand appearance soon. If I were you, I would start doing some research on the Church of Rome, and Islam... quite an interesting and scary scenario I might say. Oh, and if you're out of practice dropping on your knees, you might wanna incorporate that in your daily exercise now so you don't look like an amateur.

Ya know, you would have known all this if you actually read the bible, everything you need to know is in there. *shrugs

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Atheists may be able to defeat religion (cults created by men who want to control and manipulate masses of people), but it is impossible to defeat the individual beliefs that someone has by saying they cannot "see" what these theists "believe". The primary statement that atheists make is "Where is the evidence?" "Where is the proof?" "I can't see it so it does not exist !" This pertaining to God(a white-bearded man in the sky), but I believe God to be the entire universe, so when I hear an atheist say "I don't believe in God because there is no proof or evidence that God exists" what II hear is "I don't believe in the universe because there is no proof or evidence that the universe exists" so I am assuming that atheists are referring to the God "white-bearded man in the sky".

First off, "believing" doesn't come from "seeing" it first, "seeing" actually comes from "believing", I can explain this scientifically: "Seeing" isnt believing, "Believing" is seeing because you can only see what you believe. The reason we seem to see something before we believe it is an illusion created by our own mind because the neo-cortex of the brain is responsible for what you are seeing in the first place. So scientifically, you would have to believe something before you can even see it. Atheists are all about having scientific evidence, in this case the phrase "believing in something that doesnt exist" doesn't make any sense

edit on 26-6-2012 by xAlbinoniblAx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Atheists may be able to defeat religion (cults created by men who want to control and manipulate masses of people), but it is impossible to defeat the individual beliefs that someone has by saying they cannot "see" what these theists "believe". The primary statement that atheists make is "Where is the evidence?" "Where is the proof?" "I can't see it so it does not exist !" This pertaining to God(a white-bearded man in the sky), but I believe God to be the entire universe, so when I hear an atheist say "I don't believe in God because there is no proof or evidence that God exists" what II hear is "I don't believe in the universe because there is no proof or evidence that the universe exists" so I am assuming that atheists are referring to the God "white-bearded man in the sky".

First off, "believing" doesn't come from "seeing" it first, "seeing" actually comes from "believing", I can explain this scientifically: "Seeing" isnt believing, "Believing" is seeing because you can only see what you believe. The reason we seem to see something before we believe it is an illusion created by our own mind because the neo-cortex of the brain is responsible for what you are seeing in the first place. So scientifically, you would have to believe something before you can even see it. Atheists are all about having scientific evidence, in this case the phrase "believing in something that doesnt exist" doesn't make any sense

Maybe when the "god" actually does something about the world,then maybe the "unbelievers" will give a crap about him. and im not talking about the god popping in people head and telling them what to do.

Also, why do you say god is universe? why can't you just say universe for what it is? a universe with billions of galaxies and planets.

Religious people usually fill in something that can't be explained(yet) with the world "god". Remember when Thunder used to be "god's anger"? or earth quake? well now we know what causes them so people don't believe that anymore.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ScatterBrain

Im not sure where you are getting your info, the last time i checked, Pope and his crew are adopting scientific theories and methods.

Why would anyone of the unbelievers be scared of him anyway, he is(rather his ideals) looking like a fool everyday.

Bible(and other man made religious text books) are just "pick and choose" and "fit to the conclusion" type of metaphor.

If science discovers that humans are born from a pink unicorn, i bet the bible will find a verse in its to make it fit to the new conclusion.

Organized Man Made religion > Good Bye!

Personal Spirituality(your own god, from you own ideals, not someone else's idea) < Welcome

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

What im saying is that atheists refute the belief of a God (being a white-bearded man in the sky) and so they should not refute what I or other people believe God to be (all that exists) because an atheist cannot say that the universe doesn't exist, that was my point, an atheist can continue refuting the white-bearded man but that is not what I believe God is. Now just because I believe God is all that exists doesn't mean anyone else has to believe it, because it is simply my belief and you cant really disprove what someone else believes because it only exists in that person's mind as does what anyone else believes, including atheists !

I say this because even when atheists only believe what they can see and what they can have concrete evidence and proof of doesn't make what others believe not true. Athiests are all about scientific evidence and scientifically "Believing" is seeing because you can only see what you believe. The reason it seems that we see something before we believe it is an illusion created by our own mind because the neo-cortex of the brain is responsible for what you are seeing in the first place and that is the scientific proof that atheists seem to be disregarding, because you would have to neurologically believe something before you can even see it, so an atheist saying "I tell you that there is no evidence yet you continue to believe in something that doesnt exist" really doesnt make any sense.

I will tell you that I believe "God" is just a name for the consciousness of everything that exists experiencing different aspects of itself, and that religions just believe God to be an actual being that created them. Anyone can continue their daily life with their beliefs but just know that i am only presenting what I believe and do not wish to force my beliefs upon anyone. Thank you for your time

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ScatterBrain

Given the way religious nutcases are driving the world to war (specifically fundy x-ians in the USA, fundy islamists everywhere, fundy zionists in Israel & the USA) IMO can't happen soon enough!!

Good luck with that baby. In January 26, 2000 the Pope created a global church state.... guess what that means....

nothing to me.

The pope is going to put the smack down on all you unbelievers, you will worship him and exactly as he wants you too worship him *cracks the whip.

doesn't seem to be working so far....

But don't worry, I think all the real Christians will be eliminated first or soon after (real Christians don't do violence to man, the apostate ones do.... gee-sh, do your homework).

Uh huh.....and of course thisdefintion of "real christians" is the universaly acepted one handed down by god.....??

The N.W.O. has that all built right in darling, did you not get the memo?? Don't worry, I understand he plans a grand appearance soon.

Yeah - been hearing that for a while now.....

If I were you, I would start doing some research on the Church of Rome, and Islam... quite an interesting and scary scenario I might say

what scenario?

Oh, and if you're out of practice dropping on your knees, you might wanna incorporate that in your daily exercise now so you don't look like an amateur.

Ya know, you would have known all this if you actually read the bible, everything you need to know is in there. *shrugs

Know all what? you haven't actually said anythign except some vague references to unidentified scenarios & trash talk nonsense - I have long noticed that nonspecificism is a characteristic of religious nut-cases - they daren't be specific 'cos when they are it's always wrong!!

I have read the bible - it doesn't mention popes or islam, nor January 26 2000. And I spent the first 16 years of my life as a good little catholic lad - went to RC primary school, and an RC boys secondary school. I am even old enough to remember a latin mass or 2.
edit on 26-6-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

reply to post by luciddream

What im saying is that atheists refute the belief of a God

some do, some don't.

most atheists say there is not god. I do not refuse your belief in god - if you do believe in god then that's your problem. but actually from what you write below I dont' think you do beleive in god at all.

(being a white-bearded man in the sky) and so they should not refute what I or other people believe God to be (all that exists) because an atheist cannot say that the universe doesn't exist, that was my point, an atheist can continue refuting the white-bearded man but that is not what I believe God is. Now just because I believe God is all that exists doesn't mean anyone else has to believe it, because it is simply my belief and you cant really disprove what someone else believes because it only exists in that person's mind as does what anyone else believes, including atheists !

You can take a breath now!!

I say this because even when atheists only believe what they can see and what they can have concrete evidence and proof of doesn't make what others believe not true.

You are confusing belief and knowledge.

Belief does nto make something true - belief in god does not make god true in exactly the same way that belief there is no god does not make god not true.

Athiests are all about scientific evidence and scientifically "Believing" is seeing because you can only see what you believe.

that is probably true for most atheists, but it is not actually necessary to be an atheist.

You can be an atheist - not beleiving in god - while still believing in some sort of spiritualism.

I will tell you that I believe "God" is just a name for the consciousness of everything that exists experiencing different aspects of itself, and that religions just believe God to be an actual being that created them. Anyone can continue their daily life with their beliefs but just know that i am only presenting what I believe and do not wish to force my beliefs upon anyone. Thank you for your time

sounds to me like you are an atheist.

edit on 26-6-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: fixing quotes

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Understand that what I believe God is just consciousness experiencing itself as an aspect of everything that exists, so just know that i do not believe God is a white-bearded old man in the sky

Great - - as do some Atheists - - - in some form minus the label god.

If you are going to debate Atheists - - - you should get the facts straight first.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

most atheists say there is not god. I do not refuse your belief in god - if you do believe in god then that's your problem. Just stop telling me that I have to follow your myth.

I have never told anyone to follow anything, please remember that I am only presenting what I believe and do not wish to force my beliefs upon anyone.

You are confusing belief and knowledge.

A belief is a state or habit of mind in which trust or confidence is placed in some person or thing, and Knowledge is the fact or condition of knowing, gained through experience or association. So to even gain a knowing of something through experience you neurologically would have to believe something before even knowing it, this is a scientific fact !

Belief does nto make somethign true - beleif in god does not make god true in exactly the same way that belief there is no god makes god not true.

An atheist's statement would actually be "I neurologically do not believe in God, so to my knowledge, God does not exist" this is why most atheists do not believe in God, because they need concrete evidence. Well the evidence is right there inside the brain. To see something in the first place the neo-cortex of your brain has to create what you visualize before you actually visualize it into existence, and before your brain does that is where the belief comes into play, which is the state or habit of the mind itself.

sounds to me like you are an atheist, since you do not actually beleive in god as a god at all, but only a name for something less than god.

Well to my understand, in order to qualify for being an atheist I would have to not believe in any sort of afterlife what-so-ever and that is where I don't qualify because I believe that we are spiritual beings having a human experience, not the other way around. Our human bodies are physical vessels(3rd density slow-spinning vibration of atoms)that contain our spiritual bodies(5th density fast-spinning vibration of atoms) and we continue on a spirtual experience torward the expansion of knowledge after our physical bodies expire within that lifetime and we decide whether or not to incarnate back into the physical realms of existence to test ourselves and have new and different experiences. I don't know what I am because I wouldn't say "I don't know what religion I am", I know that I just AM what I AM because I am just an aspect of everything that already exists, experiencing itself through a different set of lense. Thanks for your time

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Well to my understand, in order to qualify for being an atheist I would have to not believe in any sort of afterlife what-so-ever

nope.

Atheist = lack of belief in god(s) - nothing more or less.

If you have a belief in an afterlife but not in any god(s) then you are probably an unusual atheist - but that is all.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by xAlbinoniblAx

Or you may be a Pantheist??

but really atheist, pantheist, theist, whatever - they are jsut labels - you are what you are, whether there's a word for it or not!

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Prayer is not the synonym of petition- prayer is speaking to God whatsoever be the voice, the language, the subject of disclosure. It may be confession, it may be adoration, it may be thanksgiving, it may be petition. If it be petition it may be entreaty, it may be deprecation, it may be intercession, it may be for the life, it may be for the soul... prayer is the soul's language in the ear of God known to be present. A man may pray who asks nothing; who "dwells in the secret place of the Most High" -- silent petition, counting it enough to abide under the shadow of the Almighty, the All-Loving. The reality of prayer is the meeting of the two spirits, the "I" and the "I Am" unto communication, unto converse, unto interchange ( with reverence be it spoken) of thought and speech of life and love.

-Very Rev. C.J. Vaughan, D. D.

"They tell us that this man of Galilee was the very eternal God clothed in flesh of man that men might see his glory."

"It is a wider society that has been led down the garden path – like the Pied Piper leading away all the children – into a world of slick media and marketing speak that uses clever PR. It uses over a hundred years of Scientific research into social discourse and human behavior to construct sick little control scenarios using words like “health” and “care” to cover up the evil and sick. Demented and the insane abuses."

Prayer, if I may speak so boldly, is intercourse with God. Even if we do but lisp, even though we silently address God without opening our lips, yet we cry to Him in the innermost recsses of the heart; for God always listens to the sincere direction of the heart to Him
- Clement of Alexandria

Heaven is the magazine wherein God puts both the good and evil; prayer's the key that shuts And opens this great treasure; 'tis a key Whose wards are Faith, and Hope, and Charity.

-Francis Quarles

Prayer is helplessness casting itself upon power; it is infirmity leaning on strength, and misery wooing bliss; it is unholiness embracing purity, hatred desiring love; it is corruption panting for immortality, and the earth born claiming kindred in the skies; it is the flight of the soul to the bosom of God, and the spirit soring upward and claiming nativity beyond the stars; it is the restless dove on drooping wing turning to its loved repose; it isthe soaring eagle mounting upward in its flight, and with steady gaze pursuing the track till lost to all below; it is the roving wanderer looking toward abiding-place, where all his treasures; it is the prisoner pleading for release; it is the mariner on a dangerous sea upon the reeling topmast, descrying the broad and quiet haven of repose; it is the soul oppressed by earthly soarings, escaping to a broader and purer sphere, and bathing its plumes in the ethereal and eternal.
--Thorthon Wells

"Those who would give up liberties in order to achieve safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

I know baby. I was feeling playful the day I made that comment

I don't intend to make any clarifications, It isn't intended for everyone to understand it, just some

I stand on my statement

edit on 28-6-2012 by ScatterBrain because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 13  14  15   >>

join