It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheism to Defeat Religion By 2038

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
reply to post by borntowatch

bible verses to back up your statement??? Really??
oh so predictable using the bible to prove god exists because it is the word of god.

Perhaps I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer...but at least I recognise a circle when I see one!!

And as for following - well I did almost 20 years of that in the RCC, pentecostal and charismatic movements. then I stopped - so yeah - I have done plenty of following but now I prefer to think for myself and reach justifiable conclusions.

Uhhmmm, listen carefully Einstein again, please.
I am not using the bible to prove God, show me where I have done that. Comprehension skills seem lacking here.
I am using the bible to show Christians are chosen by God. That is different.
One is about evidence for God and I wont waste my time trying to show you that.
The other that I referenced was about God choosing us...........Go read it again.........try comprehension.
Thinking for yourself may not be your best option going by what I have seen.

20 years of Christianity you say...and you dont know the basics.... please dont let others think for you ....and please dont think for yourself it clearly hasnt worked.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch

oh so predictable using the bible to prove god exists because it is the word of god.

Perhaps I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer...but at least I recognise a circle when I see one!!

And as for following - well I did almost 20 years of that in the RCC, pentecostal and charismatic movements. then I stopped - so yeah - I have done plenty of following but now I prefer to think for myself and reach justifiable conclusions.

I am not using the bible to prove God, show me where I have done that. Comprehension skills seem lacking here.

lol - it presuposes god exists, ergo you are using it to prove that god exists.

The other that I referenced was about God choosing us...........Go read it again.........try comprehension.

Pot - meet kettle.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Thinking for yourself may not be your best option going by what I have seen.

Kind of ridiculous circularism.

I'm gonna throw egotism in there too.

If I was chosen - - I'd say: "Thanks - but no thanks".

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

That's because you can't.

God can not be proven.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

God can not be proven.

Wow Clever girl, you finally realised something every Christian accepts. Go to the top of the class.
Clap
Clap
Clap

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

God can not be proven.

Wow Clever girl, you finally realised something every Christian accepts. Go to the top of the class.
Clap
Clap
Clap

I was raised Christian.

Your "verbiage puzzle" posting is a waste of time.
edit on 14-6-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

lol - it presuposes god exists, ergo you are using it to prove that god exists.

Pot - meet kettle.

It proposes God exists, doesnt quantify it though. It states clearly if you are not invited you dont get called.
If God is real or unreal the message written is the same.
I am not using it to suppose anything, I am using it to explain the argument. An atheist can use the same bible without any faith or belief in God and explain the same argument the same position from my same platform.
Its a ludicrous position you advocate. I am using the scripture to explain the Christian position. Gods existence is irrelevant, the scriptures statement is relevant.

Go home or bring something a little better, thats slops at best

edit on 14-6-2012 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

God can not be proven.

Clap
Clap
Clap

I was raised Christian.

At least you know how I felt replying to you

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

God can not be proven.

Clap
Clap
Clap

I was raised Christian.

At least you know how I felt replying to you

NO.

I am very straight forward.

I don't waste my time twisting a bunch of words into riddles.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   

[
It proposes God exists, doesnt quantify it though. It states clearly if you are not invited you dont get called.

Oh - my apologies - you are just repeating the words from the bible saying that that is what they say without putting any value (truth, otherwise) to them.

Yes...well that is pretty trivial and pointless. I know where the x-ians get their beliefs - I was one for 20 or so years, in a couple of different churches/faiths.

So what?
edit on 14-6-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Yes...well that is pretty trivial and pointless.

So what?

I'm with you.

I was actually trying to find the value in what he said (after figuring out what he was saying).

But Yeah! So what.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   

[

Oh - my apologies - you are just repeating the words from the bible saying that that is what they say without putting any value (truth, otherwise) to them.

Yes...well that is pretty trivial and pointless. I know where the x-ians get their beliefs - I was one for 20 or so years, in a couple of different churches/faiths.

So what?

For twenty years and you dont know the basics. That reflects more about you than anything I could say.

and you are right. I am placing no value truth or otherwise on the teaching, its irrelevant to you so why should I tell you it has value. I dont want to win you over, just correct your ignorant beliefs about Christianity. Just tell you how silly your perverted views are.
Congratulations for discerning the obvious.

and so you ask "so what"
Good point, well what I am suggesting is the pair of you and many others have absolutely no clue (even after 20 years evidently) what the bible teaches and why Christ came.
You talk utter nonsense, pure fantasy when relating to Christianity. If you dont understanding what Christianity is then how can your opinion carry any weight or value. Its easy to dismiss somebody who doesnt know what they are talking about.
Your words and opinion are worthless in ignorance.

So what indeed.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   

reply to post by Plotus

Who says I won't believe in god?

My view is not unbending - if there is good evidence for the existence of god I will happily believe in it.

That is called ratinoalism - having rational reasons to beleive things - including god if appropriate.

It is a mistake on my part, you do know God... ,then you know what is required. It's far better ground to be standing on than a non-believer, that is certain, because there is still time. I have been angry with God, I have screamed at him, later thinking I must be nuts. I have turned around and asked forgiveness for that screaming and found instead answers. The walk of Faith is not an easy one, and I don't mean to preach, I can barely carry my own load. Let me tell you something from the heart.... I was what I figured 'well versed' and at a plateau. I neither followed religion nor went to any church, I felt they were comprised of good people who were being fed from a mans understanding, I seldom felt the 'Spirit'. The people I attended with when I did go were just others seeking, but theres different levels of intelligence involved in that, and priorities. I found a lot motivated by fear. That plateau I speak of, well once I filled in the blanks with ALL the scripture I could find, then it began to go forward. The books I'm talking about are the Apocrypha. I think you will see how they were omitted to better control man by the early PTB, and the method behind the madness.
It becomes transparent quickly once you have this additional information, especially the rise of satans power to harm Man. I guess I'm on the latter part of my journey with my age and all. But fortunately I have ample time to search out these hidden or ignored Books which have been bolstered by such discoveries as the Dead Sea Scrolls and other scripture discoveries. ..Peace to all and continue the search.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I was wondering why 2038

The average age of its members is now 61 and by 2020 a “crisis” of “natural wastage” will lead to their numbers falling “through the floor”, the Church’s national assembly was told.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Ok this is the Church of England but I think the point about the age of the congregation is right – the current crop of UK Christians (mainly ageing grannies) is not being replaced by enough young people

and I am guessing this is true for most of the western world

And according to this
en.wikipedia.org...
38% believe in some kind of god
40% believe in some kind spirituality (the Brits love their ghost stories)
20% are basically atheists

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Good point, well what I am suggesting is the pair of you and many others have absolutely no clue (even after 20 years evidently) what the bible teaches and why Christ came.

I didn't know this was a discussion on what Christianity is.

Oh wait! It isn't.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

[

So what?

For twenty years and you dont know the basics. That reflects more about you than anything I could say.

clearly ......you are quite inarticulate.

and you are right. I am placing no value truth or otherwise on the teaching, its irrelevant to you so why should I tell you it has value. I dont want to win you over, just correct your ignorant beliefs about Christianity. Just tell you how silly your perverted views are.

Oh right - and you are going to do that by quoting the bible, and that is goign to show me as ignorant and perverted.......perhaps you could recap how it does that again please??

and so you ask "so what"

christ either came because he was in a a state of advanced sexual arousal, or because his mother and father loved each other vey much........depending on what you mean by "came".....

You talk utter nonsense, pure fantasy when relating to Christianity.

such as what?

What have I actualy said about x-ianity that is fantasy?

If you dont understanding what Christianity is then how can your opinion carry any weight or value. Its easy to dismiss somebody who doesnt know what they are talking about.
Your words and opinion are worthless in ignorance.

and yet you give them such credence as to rant on about me, my ignorance, my peversion, which are apparently all proved by the bible.

And so we get back to the crux of the matter - why is the bible used as evidence of anything to do with me?

you are trying to hide it but it is obvious that the bible is your "authority source for condemnation of me - hence evidene that you think it the word of god or similar. If it is not the word of god then why mention it?

You cannot have it both ways

So what indeed.

Yes - we are still left with that statement unanswered - you trivaially state that you are saying what is in the bible without making a judgement as to its validity, accuracy, authority, truthfulness or whatever.....and then almost immediately say that eth bible shows how perverted my beliefs are - thus saying the bible is the arbiter of morality and perversion.

Nice contradiction
and we are still left with "so what?"

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
You state you were a Christian of twenty years
If those teachings of Christianity reflect what you suggest now, that anyone can become a Christian, then the teachings you received and probably taught others were perverted from the true teachings of the bible.
Simple isnt it.

If you didnt read your bible and sat under false teachings for twenty years you are ignorant to the truth. Again very simple.
I am not judging you I am simply stating obvious facts, you have become aggressive and emotional.

Truth is Christianity is flourishing in the 3rd world countrys, it wont be dead by 2038. It struggles in Western society because people like you dont understand Christianity, even after 20 years of church. You never got the basics so, ho hum.
and Why would I hide anything, what do I care, why should I not condemn you straight out if that was my intention. Whats it to me what you think. Silly premise

I believe its the word of God and its authoritative, no question. But in this discussion we are dealing with pre destination and Christian doctrine. Not authority of the bible.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

If you didnt read your bible and sat under false teachings for twenty years you are ignorant to the truth. Again very simple.

I am not judging you I am simply stating obvious facts

OMG - - a "true" Christian in our midst.

Bow down every one

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Bow down every one

Thats a bit naive Annee, we will all bow down to God in time, not me.
Its true though what you say, I am a true Christian by the Grace of God over my life, not anything I have accomplished.
Its also considered a blessing to be mocked by non believers. Luke 6:22
Thank you

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Bow down every one

Thats a bit naive Annee, we will all bow down to God in time, not me.
Its true though what you say, I am a true Christian by the Grace of God over my life, not anything I have accomplished.
Its also considered a blessing to be mocked by non believers. Luke 6:22
Thank you

Yes, you have been blessed. I admire your meekness. Glory to God.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join