It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheism to Defeat Religion By 2038

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch

Its true though what you say, I am a true Christian

Meaning what?

Followers of Christ's message aren't "true" Christians unless they believe exactly as you do?

Seems we are FINALLY getting to the "root" of your cryptic posts.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

You state you were a Christian of twenty years
If those teachings of Christianity reflect what you suggest now, that anyone can become a Christian, then the teachings you received and probably taught others were perverted from the true teachings of the bible.
Simple isnt it.

it is.

but since you started that with an "if" you should really establish that that is the case - including that the idea that anyone can become is christian is somehow a perversion of the bible.

If you didnt read your bible and sat under false teachings for twenty years you are ignorant to the truth. Again very simple.

again "if"

I say that I did read the bible, and I "sat under false teachings for twenty years", and that I now know the truth because I realise the bible is essentially a myth (or more precisely a collection of myths mixed with some history)

I am not judging you I am simply stating obvious facts,

lol - you are not stating facts - you are stating your opinion - based upon your assessment of eth bible as teh truth because it is the word of god.

you have become aggressive and emotional.

even more lol - I'm not accusing anyone of being ignorant or perverted - go look in a mirror for emotion and agression!

Truth is Christianity is flourishing in the 3rd world countrys, it wont be dead by 2038.

Yes, and so is islam, and no-one said it would be dead ......weren't you concerned about comprehension difficulties before??

It struggles in Western society because people like you dont understand Christianity, even after 20 years of church. You never got the basics so, ho hum.

That is your opinion.

My opinion is that it struggles because it cannot compete with rationality, examination of its mythology, evidence of its hypocrisy and inherent errors in its "infallible book" and hte like.

I think I have a lot more evidence supporting the premises that lead me to my opinion than you have for yours.

and Why would I hide anything, what do I care, why should I not condemn you straight out if that was my intention. Whats it to me what you think. Silly premise

where did I say you were hiding aything?? Good grief man (or other gender as appropriate) - try not to make things up!!

also I'm pretty sure you called me perverted and ignorant and that looks a lot to me like you "condemned me straight out" - but perhaps those words have different meanings for you and you can explain why that isnt' teh case??

I believe its the word of God and its authoritative, no question. But in this discussion we are dealing with pre destination and Christian doctrine. Not authority of the bible.

How can you discuss your beliefs in those without referring to the source of all your beliefs in them - which is the authority of the bible??

Truly amazing!

edit on 14-6-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-6-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by Annee

OMG - - a "true" Christian in our midst.

Bow down every one

Thats a bit naive Annee, we will all bow down to God in time, not me.
Its true though what you say, I am a true Christian by the Grace of God over my life, not anything I have accomplished.
Its also considered a blessing to be mocked by non believers. Luke 6:22
Thank you

Yes, you have been blessed. I admire your meekness. Glory to God.

Meek, if only I could be meek. It is not one of the evident fruit of my life....sadly.
Unfortunately I am both rude and arrogant and deserve a lot of the negative attention I receive.
Though most of what I type is not personnel I can see why some take it that way.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

OMG - - a "true" Christian in our midst.

Bow down every one

Thats a bit naive Annee, we will all bow down to God in time, not me.
Its true though what you say, I am a true Christian by the Grace of God over my life, not anything I have accomplished.
Its also considered a blessing to be mocked by non believers. Luke 6:22
Thank you

Yes, you have been blessed. I admire your meekness. Glory to God.

Meek, if only I could be meek. It is not one of the evident fruit of my life....sadly.
Unfortunately I am both rude and arrogant and deserve a lot of the negative attention I receive.
Though most of what I type is not personnel I can see why some take it that way.

I have been doing chat/forums for 20+ years - - - starting with ICQ.

This is an anonymous discussion/venting process. It is not real life.

I do try to quickly dig through the unnecessary "garbage" to get to the "root" of the poster's point.

There is no such thing as a "true" Christian. There is only believer being true to their belief.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Its true though what you say, I am a true Christian

Meaning what?

Followers of Christ's message aren't "true" Christians unless they believe exactly as you do?

Seems we are FINALLY getting to the "root" of your cryptic posts.

No I didnt say that at all, just that I have Gods Grace on me is all.
There is no root to your issue, I am a true Christian by faith. Accept Jesus and you become a Christian, simple.
The issue I am contending is false Christian teaching, not who is a Christian.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

I am a true Christian by faith. Accept Jesus and you become a Christian, simple.

And how do you determine what is false Christian teaching?

You have selected ancient script - - written by man - - interpreted by man.

Best you can do is be true to the interpretation you choose.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
to me a 'true' Christian is anyone who genuinely believes in Jesus, has accepted His forgiveness, and makes a real effort to live for Him, denying self. I know plenty of 'true' Christians, but no perfect ones.
we are all works in progress. at least we 'true' Christians recognize our shortcomings and try to be a blessing, to our Lord and to our fellow man.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by works4dhs
to me a 'true' Christian is anyone who genuinely believes in Jesus, has accepted His forgiveness, and makes a real effort to live for Him, denying self. I know plenty of 'true' Christians, but no perfect ones.
we are all works in progress. at least we 'true' Christians recognize our shortcomings and try to be a blessing, to our Lord and to our fellow man.

I'm Atheist and live my life closer to Jesus' "words" then many Christians.

A "true" Christian can only be "true" to their personal belief - - - as there are many interpretations of the Bible an

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

I am a true Christian by faith. Accept Jesus and you become a Christian, simple.

If you choose to accept that understanding be it on your own head.
While there are a few discrepancies in the bible and its chronology, the theology is perfect, all through out.

Scripture interprets scripture, is not as wishy washy as you would like it to be, thats just a secular lie. Its also written in Greek and Hebrew, both languages spoken and understood today. You over estimate your argument
edit on 17-6-2012 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   

A "true" Christian can only be "true" to their personal belief - - - as there are many interpretations of the Bible an

A true Christian lives in a relationship with Jesus, beyond Gods laws and yours for that matter.
It was never about being good or the law, its about relationship with Jesus.

You dont understand Christianity.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

A true Christian lives in a relationship with Jesus, beyond Gods laws and yours for that matter.

I was raised Christian.

I am Atheist - - I am not Christian. I live my life closer to Jesus "WORDS" then many Christians.

I believe every thought is an action. Therefore - - not only am I responsible for my own actions - - I am also responsible for thought creation.

There is NO fake smile accompanied by negative thoughts in my world.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Simple, we don't need the book to learn from him. We have a direct line to him in the temple of our hearts. We can commune with him directly and ask him to teach us without ever having to look at the book. All we have to do is listen to our hearts and conscience because he becomes our laws and he writes them on our hearts so all we have to do is close our eyes and pray for understanding. If we go against his commandments it is nearly painful to the point it bothers us to no end and we must repent. This is how we walk in the Spirit.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   

I was raised Christian.

I am Atheist - - I am not Christian. I live my life closer to Jesus "WORDS" then many Christians.

I believe every thought is an action. Therefore - - not only am I responsible for my own actions - - I am also responsible for thought creation.

No one is perfect, and definately none of us. As for you living your life closer to Yeshua than many christians, you just failed that ideal by inserting your pride and vanity into the mix.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Sounds like self-inflicted guilt or fear.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   

I was raised Christian.

You could have been raised a chicken, it wont make you a chicken.

I also accept you live your life closer to Jesus than me. Good on yah, so what is your point?

I believe every thought is an action to some degree as well, so I am responsible for my thoughts and actions to, whats your point. I hold myself accountable as a Christian.

I don't fake smile or pretend either, irrespective of what you are or what you think, Jesus calls His own and accepts them real fake sinful or nearly perfect.
Two sinners died on the cross next to Christ, one went to heaven though he did nothing worthy except invite Christ in to his life.
Falseness and reality have no bearing on who Christ calls, He chooses who He will, warts and all.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I was reported by an atheist and banned from Youtube for posting a constructive comment challenging an atheists beliefs by presenting my beliefs on the existence of God, yes banned from Youtube for posting a comment against an atheist's beliefs. Why is this? When so many other people have posted comments that oppose their beliefs? The difference is that my comments were very different than the other comments that opposed an atheists beliefs. The Youtube channel that submitted the video I commented on is called AskAnAtheistTV. I will make a separate thread concerning this situation soon.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by xAlbinoniblAx
I was reported by an atheist and banned from Youtube for posting a constructive comment challenging an atheists beliefs by presenting my beliefs on the existence of God, yes banned from Youtube for posting a comment against an atheist's beliefs.

So - you are blaming Atheists because Youtube banned you.

Oooooooooooookay!

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by xAlbinoniblAx
I was reported by an atheist and banned from Youtube for posting a constructive comment challenging an atheists beliefs by presenting my beliefs on the existence of God, yes banned from Youtube for posting a comment against an atheist's beliefs. Why is this? When so many other people have posted comments that oppose their beliefs? The difference is that my comments were very different than the other comments that opposed an atheists beliefs. The Youtube channel that submitted the video I commented on is called AskAnAtheistTV. I will make a separate thread concerning this situation soon.

You will meet Atheist here that you can argue in a meaningful manner. You can visit many threads with well sourced arguments.

YouTube Atheists are children.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Typical Christian response.

If it doesn't fit - - make it fit.

Like when a Christian murders someone. "Oh - he wasn't a REAL Christian. Christians only believe in love".

Always a copout.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

If it doesn't fit - - make it fit.

Like when a Christian murders someone. "Oh - he wasn't a REAL Christian. Christians only believe in love".

Always a copout.

If that does not work, there is always the "he was possesed by Satan" "Satan making him do this"

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join