It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rand Paul Endorsement

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Just now watching the Sean Hannity show and he said Rand Paul would have an important announcement.

Rand Paul just endorsed Mitt Romney. He is going to campaign for Romney and feels he can unite the base.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by MsAphrodite

There is no emoticon for what I wish to express but it would be some mix of

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Rand Paul can kiss my arse. That's all I've got to say about that.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

I mean how???? Just how??? I mean I kinda got the drift that he was a bit more establishment than I was comfortable with but... I just don't know.

Either Ron Paul is wearing a mask or his son is. This is just setting up Rand to win next election. On one hand this move might hurt Rand but he knows strategically will help him... on the other hand... how could he?

Either Ron Paul has pretended his entire message in order to get us so-called druggie hippie conspiracy theorists over to the GOP side, or his son is really trying to unite the base so he can win POTUS and then pull out some hidden liberty. I can only hope it is the last option, but the logic side of me is slightly inflamed....

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Doesn't bother me and it shouldn't bother Ron Paul people out there. Rand Paul never was, and never will be his father.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

This should be of no surprise to anyone who pays attention to Rand. He's a pale, pale shadow if his father, and his voting record shows this.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

But when you turn to a guy that is decreasing in likelihood in getting the nomination (when you know very well he could have won if circumstances were... different), sometimes it makes sense to look at the blood line. Now what? If Ron Paul doesn't get the nomination, then what?..

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I wonder how many pieces of "silver" (or the promise of a future political appointment) Romney offered Rand "Judas" Paul to sell out his father...absolutely appalling and disgusting! As far as I'm concerned, by this traitorous act he has committed political suicide.

I am absolutely repulsed by such an obviously self-serving scumbag and deeply saddened for Dr. and Mrs. Paul...

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Just because he isn't a carbon copy of Ron is no reason to bash him. This applies to everyone else who doesn't agree with Ron Paul either.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhysicsAdept
reply to post by satron

But when you turn to a guy that is decreasing in likelihood in getting the nomination (when you know very well he could have won if circumstances were... different), sometimes it makes sense to look at the blood line. Now what? If Ron Paul doesn't get the nomination, then what?..

I'm voting for Ron Paul no matter what.

"The world is going to end when Romney/Obama gets elected!"

"The world is going to end when Bush/Kerry gets elected!"

Not exactly, but to make a third-party candidate more viable in the future, you must put your interest in one now. The future is gearing towards something different than what we are looking at when you consider the young people that see that the problem is with both Reps/Dems.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

Yeah I am with ya there, Ron Paul has my vote as well, whether he is or is not on the ballot. But man why can't it just be easy for once! Liberty should not have to be something that is so hard to convince people on...

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Just read about three of cops,,here on an ATS thread,,
and a cousin,,

who had too make the same choices,,

it is hard,, but the nature and core of the spirit within,,
knows what is right,,
and choices,, are made,,
President Paul,,excuse me President Elect,,in my humble opinion,

follow your heart,,
u were a Excellent Surgeon,,and a good steady hand is what your Country needs, Sir.

A Canadian.

Amen,.
edit on 7-6-2012 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-6-2012 by BobAthome because: stupid spellin,, hey ur a doctor,,think of it as pay back! lol

edit on 7-6-2012 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Or maybe the death threats rumor against Ron that came out of Builderburg was more than he wanted to see come out of this whole deal. Then again it could just be some other strategic alliance yet to be revealed. Who knows...

By the way. Is there a source stating this yet?

I never could stand Hannity

edit on 7-6-2012 by Corruptedstructure because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Does any one think this could be foretelling Ron Paul stepping away from the campaign and endorsing Romney?

Kind of makes me wonder now.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite
Just now watching the Sean Hannity show and he said Rand Paul would have an important announcement.

Rand Paul just endorsed Mitt Romney. He is going to campaign for Romney and feels he can unite the base.

Told ya'll so!

Rand Paul has been a sellout from the start. His father is still in the race, his father is the inspiration for the Tea Party that put Rand into his office. And yet, he endorses Mitt. Everything he ran on to get his position is opposite to what Mitt stands for.

This is nothing more than a play for the VP or a Cabinet spot.

Rand has lost any votes of mine he might have ever gotten.

Apple, can you still see the tree from way over there in left field?
edit on 7-6-2012 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Don't dog pile me, this is a conspiracy site...

I'm not saying it's true but I am saying there are those who have always said Ron Paul was controlled opposition. This kind of gels with that doesn't it? To an extent? Is it conceivable that Rand didn't consult with his Dad before making this decision? He must know his Dad's end game.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
Just because he isn't a carbon copy of Ron is no reason to bash him. This applies to everyone else who doesn't agree with Ron Paul either.

Say your father was running for President and he had a 30 year track record of integrity and honesty. He probably treated you very well all your life, as well. So in his last run for office, you would endorse his opponent just because you aren't a carbon copy of your father?

No one but Paul, and when this election cycle is over the GOP won't see me leaving through the dust cloud.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
reply to post by getreadyalready

Don't dog pile me, this is a conspiracy site...

I'm not saying it's true but I am saying there are those who have always said Ron Paul was controlled opposition. This kind of gels with that doesn't it? To an extent? Is it conceivable that Rand didn't consult with his Dad before making this decision? He must know his Dad's end game.

No dogpile, it is a legitimate concern, but I'd say Ron Paul's 30 year voting record shows that he is not controlled opposition.

I do think it is conceivable that Rand just did this on his own, for his own agenda, and Ron will probably still support his son, and also still run his own campaign. They don't absolutely have to have each other, but I think a lot of Rand fans are disappointed, and I think a lot of Tea Partiers are disappointed.

For me, I'm just fed up with the whole "Get Obama Out" campaign. Getting Obama out doesn't solve any problems unless you have someone good to replace him with. Replacing Obama with Romney is pretty useless.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I'm just shocked and stunned by his blatant betrayal of his father...all politics aside, doesn't he care how deeply this will wound his parents? I mean, I thought blood was supposed to be thicker than water (or politics). As hard as Dr. Paul has had to work to gain momentum in this race, overcoming so many obstacles to his candidacy, and now this, by his own son? To blatantly slap his dad in the face like this to further his own political agenda is the lowest of the low in my opinion. How can he look himself in the mirror? How can he think that anyone would ever vote for him after this? He's obviously suffering delusions of grandeur if he thinks he can "unify" anything. He obviously didn't inherit his father's honor and integrity...truly sad.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by frazzle

Originally posted by TsukiLunar

Say your father was running for President and he had a 30 year track record of integrity and honesty. He probably treated you very well all your life, as well. So in his last run for office, you would endorse his opponent just because you aren't a carbon copy of your father?

No one but Paul, and when this election cycle is over the GOP won't see me leaving through the dust cloud.

I don't have an argument against this because I can not empathize with such a relationship. If there is some emotional bond that makes it a betrayal to disagree with your father in a public setting then I am afraid I have no evidence or personal experience to go on.

Ron Paul, being the kind of man he is though and the kind of ideals he pushes, I am sure he would not fault his son nor feel betrayed. Neither should you.
edit on 7-6-2012 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join