It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rand Paul Endorsement

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by MsAphrodite

*shudder*

I certainly hope he can offer some solid assurances of Romney changing his game to a VERY significant and trustworthy degree, otherwise this tiny bit of the base is still trying to sort out other options.

I like Rand for some - likely many - of his stances...but he is definitely not his father or quite in line with Ron, and Romney is VERY far from anything I could support without so many reassurances as I don't think one could offer in any sort of trustworthy fashion.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I've supported Ron Paul for years. When Rand Paul stepped on the scene my first thought was he is nothing like his father. My second thought was he cares more about corporations then people. I don't care if Rand Paul wants to end the Fed or any other of the Ron Paul issues. He will never get my vote, as he is pandering to much to the traditional Republican Neo-Con base.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Why could this endorsement not have waited until after the convention? I heard that Mitt and Rand had a private meeting, and this must be why.

If anything, it just seems totally disrespectful to his dad.

I can hear Paul haters saying; "His own son won't even support him." That speaks volumes to those on the fence. Rand was sending me emails everyday pleading for more donations for his dad's campaign, so apparently he jumped ship, yeah... wonder what Cabinet position he will have if Romney wins????

Let me guess....for the good of the Party.

I want to hear Ron's thoughts on this. Looks like his own kid pushed him off a cliff.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruptedstructure

This site says practically

Not an actual endorsement ?

Rand Paul practically endorses Mitt Romney... sigh

www.dailypaul.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhysicsAdept
reply to post by satron

Yeah I am with ya there, Ron Paul has my vote as well, whether he is or is not on the ballot. But man why can't it just be easy for once! Liberty should not have to be something that is so hard to convince people on...

That's why Paul's message fell short...For it to work, you had to have people willing to see that the system isn't working as usual, and it's because of the people that run it, not the system itself.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
"I think Romney would be precisely the person you would want to turn around a failed economy."

That is clear enough for me to understand.

Good for the reporter saying at the end: "And good luck to your father, too."
edit on 6/7/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Is this an endorsement for Romney or is it an effort to boost support for the Republican party ?
He never actually says "I endorse Mitt Romney"

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

Well also that the consumer is just as important as the producer. We can't just want liberty we have to be willing to help get it! Many Paul supporters have done well here, but alas I have seen many disheartened people that have given up... Too many.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
www.huffingtonpost.com...

"My first choice had always been my father. ... He's still my first pick," said Paul, who had previously backed his father, Texas Rep. Ron Paul (R). "Now that the nominating process is over, tonight, I'm happy to announce that I'm going to be supporting Governor Romney."

video of conversation with Hannity at link

Guess they don't need a convention if the nominating process is over.
edit on 6/7/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: add something

edit on 6/7/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: grammar

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by azureskys

I don't mind the endorsement, sometimes you have the play the game. I am upset with Rand stating Romney is the guy we need to turnaround the economy. That's tantamount to saying fiscal moderatism is the solution.

To anyone paying attention, this endorsement was expected. My plan was to then listen to Ron to decipher whether Rand was playing the game or selling out. Rand's statement above tells me he sold out.

There is a deal between the Paul's and Romney, time will tell what that is.

EDIT: sorry, I didn't mean to reply to you Azure
edit on 7-6-2012 by lives because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
so vote for Ron Paul,,

and break there deal,,
be deal,, breakers this time,, no more deals,,

vote ron paul,,
hey he gave up his son too.
when he says its your choice alone too decide,,he means it.

cool

edit on 7-6-2012 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Well, this makes a little sense of it all:
Rand Paul endorses Romney
www.politico.com...

File this under signs the Ron Paul campaign is really, truly over: Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul threw his support tonight to Mitt Romney.

The endorsement came in an appearance on "Hannity," a little less than 24 hours after the elder Paul acknowledged in an email that his delegate total is "not enough to win the nomination."

I was unaware that Ron had said anything about not having enough delegates.

This article says Ron acknowledges he can't win, but is not suspending his campaign:
www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I think the point is being missed. Regardless of the extra vote option on the ballot, its going to come down to Romney and Obama duking it out this coming election. Its too mainstream. We all sat here like UFO freaks thinking he was going to win. But the problem is, there was no solid proof of a UFO AKA Ron Paul never stood a chance.

Now who would you rather have in office? Thats fine as to who you will vote for whether it be Ron Paul, Romney, or Obama or donald duck, but in the end Donald Duck and Ron Paul will not win. Its down to the others. So who would you rather have in office? Romney or Obama?

Dont say neither. I ALREADY know that a lot of us ATSer's dont want either of them, but thats besides the point because its only going to be one of them.

I for one would MUCH rather have Mitt Romney over Obama in office next term, and i feel that Kentucky Senator Paul is trying to help get that point across to the people which is "Dont vote for Obama please. I know we dont like either of them but this guy is better"

So stop crying, its really for the best. Remember, this is a Ron Paul Supporter who is posting this. Lets all put our logic hats on and think for a while. He isnt a neo-con, he isnt FOR the NWO, he is trying his best to ensure that Obama will not make it to office again.

That is all

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Rand Paul just wiped out any support he would possibly get by following in his father's footsteps with this announcement. He just became a footnote rubber stamp yes man Senator.

He chose SEAN HANNITY to reveal this announcement? Another slap in the face to Ron Paul supporters.

I would think this guy is on a self destruct trajectory as a Senator.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
[My same post on the thread that was just closed.]

Bunch of heartbreak with this news...

I found this out last night and was hoping it was a dream... I wake up and I see this thread.

As i've always said regarding mitt... He is never getting my vote... neither is BHO

Although its a slap in the face of the liberty campaign... we cannot forget the movement that was started by Ron... its the liberty movements time to take the torch that was handed to them and run with it... also do not trip over any news of this kind regarding rand... this movement wasn't about 1 man and his cause... it was about the rise of liberty, and the rise of common sense with the leadership positions that were won during the course of the campaign.

There will be a new party soon... I was hoping it would come to life earlier though... but it looks like we'll have to wait until 2016 to see that happen... or a major unforeseen upset at the convention.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I bet most people on the religious right won't even make a tie in with the sentence "and he so loved his party that he gave up his only Son".

Ron Paul, PLEASE announce a run as an independant, and SOON.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
The liberty movement was never about Ron Paul or Rand Paul. It was about the Republic and going back to the constitution. Ron Paul just took the helm when most were too scared to go against the grain. He woke alot of people up this year. I have faith that in 20 plus years that those awaken will be the majority and the constitution will be upheld once again. We must keep this movement alive and this country alive in the meantime.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
I bet most people on the religious right won't even make a tie in with the sentence "and he so loved his party that he gave up his only Son".

Ron Paul, PLEASE announce a run as an independant, and SOON.

He's not running as an independent this time. He has said so a couple of times.

You'll have to either write in Ron Paul, or you will have to vote for Gary Johnson if you want to avoid the 2 party conundrum.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
We all know he is just doing this to align himself for the 2016 elections- if there are any for that matter. He should have ran this year and asked his dad to step aside. The one thing that bugs me about him is he tries to be like his dad but falls short in many areas. He needs to learn from his dad.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
As I mentioned in the other thread that was closed. I have a strong feeling of optimism here. He could be doing this for 2016 candidate clout, keep your friends close and your enemies closer tactic. I think there is more to all this then what we have been told, so I wouldn't be too concerned.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join