It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marine challenges police officer who shot disabled veteran

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ripcontrol

further reading into the case:

of note officer shot man in the back of the head

the back...

I believe that's called "self defence" in police speak.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by exTAC

Originally posted by usmc0311
I hope this happens. I will be looking forward to seeing a fellow Marine clean this cops clock. I don't know enough about the shooting incident to comment on that aspect but I hope the officer who killed him really felt in true danger. As a fellow disabled veteran it pains me to here about stories such as this but hopefully the officer will accept and bring some comfort to the mans family. If he agrees to fight, I hope he knows what he's getting himself into.

Semper Fi.

So because you say you are also a marine, you are cheering violence against a most likely innocent person.

He can't possibly be as that person is dead, shot in the back of his head.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightningStrikesHere
can i crawl into the ring with the government? for taking the lives of countless people ?

Get in line. Reverend Manning is first, ready to whoop Mr. O's behind.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaanny
Man I wish I could shoot someone and get a paid vacation....

You're a sick, sick person. Are you a cop or something?

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Too bad the marine didn't challenge the officers children. Isn't that what the marines like to do anyway? Kill unarmed women and children trying to hide in their village?

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Bubaroo

So you basically sum up the ENTIRE Marines based on a story the MSM rammed down your throat?

Your a joke and your comment should be removed just because your an obvious troll.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
No, no. I use the entire Marines since their inception and occupation in every conflict. It's called History. Don't get me wrong, I could care less what happens to someone that I don't know in a country I have no desire to visit. And these countries we keep invading to "help thier people" have been the same way for hundreds and possibly thousands of years. We have are own problems here and I refuse to admire anyone that would turn their back on their own people. At least the officer, regardless of this case, has contributed to keeping his own people safe, while the marines run off somewhere else. I'd much rather have someone looking after my family here, instead of fighting to help other people in some country that doesn't like us anyway. And once again, I'm not just talking about current situations, I'm talking about all. We have never been like by foriegn nations, and I don't see it happening anytime soon.
edit on 8-6-2012 by Bubaroo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by exTAC
Try, for once, to pull your head's out of your, and read a story about a cop with logic and rational. Stop being a hindsight, armchair quarterback.

Show me a story about police brutality, excessive force, or murder by cop where the cop used logic and rational and I will be more than willing to read it. Problem is that there's no such thing.

And FYI, noncompliance is not a reason to shoot someone, especially in the back of the head. What was the threat to the cop if the victim wasn't even facing the cop? Its not like the cop could be reasonably afraid the disabled man was going to charge him running backwards, or pull out a knife or gun, he was facing the wrong direction. What, was the cop afraid that the disabled man was going to fart on him?

The fact is that the cop killed the man execution style. I wish the cop would have the fortitude to step in the ring. Hell I'd offer to even let him bring his taser and gun.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bubaroo
Too bad the marine didn't challenge the officers children. Isn't that what the marines like to do anyway? Kill unarmed women and children trying to hide in their village?

That's just a pathetic excuse for a reply. Obviously the only Marines or Marine Corps you know is what you read or hear from others. I dare you to go say that to the face of a Marine. The ones doing the dipstick things are the ten percent that slip through the cracks. Way to generalize an entire group of people the same there buddy. And no one is asking for your admiration either.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

Once again, I learned it from history. Read a book. The marines do require you to read, right? As far as me being afraid of you or any other military personnel, not going to happen. I've met plenty of "soldiers" in the bars, and they are all drunks with way to much male influence. They might as well have been farting in their hands and trying to smell it. Nothing, and I do mean nothing, in this world scares me. And by all means, go kill a bunch of people in a gutteral country. Why would I even care?

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

reply to post by usmc0311

Once again, I learned it from history. Read a book. The marines do require you to read, right? As far as me being afraid of you or any other military personnel, not going to happen. I've met plenty of "soldiers" in the bars, and they are all drunks with way to much male influence. They might as well have been farting in their hands and trying to smell it. Nothing, and I do mean nothing, in this world scares me. And by all means, go kill a bunch of people in a gutteral country. Why would I even care?

Books don't equate to the individual unless it is ones own story. So how many Marines do you know. I won't try to change your opinion. If you want to believe that we are all blood thirsty, baby killing, women raping, sub-human morons then that is your right. I notice how you said soldiers and not Marines. Big difference buddy. If you truly want to know if they make us read, then I suggest you look up all of the training materials for any Marine occupation and you will find your answer. But that's right I forgot I'm talking to someone with an overgeneralized view that cannot accept the fact that there may actually be some intelligence found within the Marine Corps. Like I said your view is yours and I respect that so I will just agree to disagree. Peace.

Also you say read a book. Do you really want to argue Marine Corps history with a Marine. Not only do I have more knowledge of it in my mind but I also have a bookshelf with about 50-60 different books containing Marine Corps history. So if you do start a thread and I will be more than happy to discuss it with you.
edit on 8/6/12 by usmc0311 because: added material

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by moniker

Originally posted by Zaanny
Man I wish I could shoot someone and get a paid vacation....

You're a sick, sick person. Are you a cop or something?

I guess you missed the class on sarcasm.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

A pdf file from the Sheriff''s office,

media.jsonline.com...

So it seems the car was pretty much jammed at the time of the 'plan' There are missing bits though, the video shows the car's rear driver's side window smashed, ( was this the fecking rifle's work, or the bean bag?) I don't know, or what the rear passenger side looks like. There were seven shots from the rifle, described as a AR-15, exact spec not given, and were they singular, or as a machine gun/or possible single trigger malfunction allowing seven shots, not given. Was the gas deployed, not given. So the guy had minced his tyres more than once already and was going nowhere stuck between two police cars, and in a half hour of shenanigans of doing nothing much more than losing tyre tread, he ends up dead. Oh BTW, he didn't get out of his car initially, or ever.
edit on 8-6-2012 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

explain why the officer felt the need to shoot the man with his gun in the back of the head

I did read what you posted. I read it entirely and a few other reports...

The other officers planned to shot him with non-lethals

it sounded like a hit when after he makes the officer angry, "Well yeah Ills shoot him with my gun. He threatened my authority..."

Immediate retaliation.... I could as a juror member, give him life instead of death. (with possibility of parole in 30 years) as this MURDER could be said to be in the heat of passion. The officer could be said not to be in possession of his faculties because he is an adrenalin junkie without self control.

The police knew he was disabled. It is probably why the bean bag was deployed... after all if your view is the truth why was it used first???

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

I responded to xcathe's post

the key point was the use of the bean bag first...

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

I dont blame him! Great way to get some payback in sort-of a legal way! I saw the video of the poor man! The police should have left the area, when he told them to leave!

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   

I think your confusing Marine with 9th century bass ackwards islam.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   

explain why the officer felt the need to shoot the man with his gun in the back of the head

Please show me where in your source, the one posted above or my source state he was shot in the back of the head?

I did read what you posted. I read it entirely and a few other reports...

Apparently not since nothing to date states back of the head.
Nothing to date states the police knew he was sufffering from ptsd.
Nothing to date states the police knew he was military.

The other officers planned to shot him with non-lethals

Again you failed to read the information contained in all the sources, including your own. The window was to be broken by less than lethal bean bag round. That was to be followed up with OC being deployed inside the vehicle. At no point have I seen ANY info that states the driver was to be shot with a bean bag round.

it sounded like a hit when after he makes the officer angry, "Well yeah Ills shoot him with my gun. He threatened my authority..."

And if you read the info like you claimed you would have seen that decisions were made with regards to him trying to break his vehicle free.

Immediate retaliation.... I could as a juror member, give him life instead of death. (with possibility of parole in 30 years) as this MURDER could be said to be in the heat of passion. The officer could be said not to be in possession of his faculties because he is an adrenalin junkie without self control.

Not even close but by all means continue with your fantasy....

The police knew he was disabled. It is probably why the bean bag was deployed... after all if your view is the truth why was it used first???

Again please point out in your sources or any others in this thread that state the police knew the man was disabled.. Or are you going to just continue making information up in an effort to continue to lay blame on the LVMPD simply because you have issues with law enforcement?
edit on 9-6-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

If you are really interested in anything more than damage control, please nit pick the PDF I posted.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy

If you are really interested in anything more than damage control, please nit pick the PDF I posted.

Damage control.... Not even close...

I am more concerned with a proper investigation instead of people pissed off at law enforcement making crap up in an effort to paint a picture that is not true.

Any reason people are willing to ignore the finer points of what occured? NAmely the actions of the suspect and what he did that resulted in his own death?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join