It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marine challenges police officer who shot disabled veteran

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
can i crawl into the ring with the government? for taking the lives of countless people ?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by exTAC

Yes it does. In what situation is it ok to shoot someone in the back of the head. Say someone breaks in your house in the middle of the night and tries to kill you, and you rightfully pull out a gun to defend yourself, if that gunshot wound is in the persons back, your going to jail. Murder. Now a cop with a taser, night stick, trained to take people down, and a partner, why would there be a gunshot to the back of the head. Stop crying about how much you love cops and hate the military.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by theconspirator
reply to post by exTAC

Yes it does. In what situation is it ok to shoot someone in the back of the head. Say someone breaks in your house in the middle of the night and tries to kill you, and you rightfully pull out a gun to defend yourself, if that gunshot wound is in the persons back, your going to jail. Murder. Now a cop with a taser, night stick, trained to take people down, and a partner, why would there be a gunshot to the back of the head. Stop crying about how much you love cops and hate the military.

for the record, I am ex mil, and I don't hate or like either one any more than I hate or like anyone else.

I'm sure I wouldn't like that cop as a person, but no one can judge a person on the hindsight of 20/20 while they are doing their job, and you weren't there.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Man I wish I could shoot someone and get a paid vacation....

So when this trigger happy cop is fired do we get the money back?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by exTAC
reply to post by theconspirator

Does it? Once again a non complying, possible violent suspect is still a noncomplying, possible violent suspect.

Ok when you assassinate someone by shooting them in the back of the head, you committed murder regardless of your job function. Psycho killers need to swing from the rope. cop or citizen I dont draw any distinction.

You have no clue whats coming to LE at all, but there will be a shake up from the floor up and everyone with a gun will be getting psych tests. ......nation wide.......and guess from who? Insurers are all done with idiot cops.

Hope you pass your Stress/Psych tests. With your response above it sounds like you might be jobless soon.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by exTAC

Originally posted by theconspirator
reply to post by exTAC

for the record, I am ex mil, and I don't hate or like either one any more than I hate or like anyone else.

I'm sure I wouldn't like that cop as a person, but no one can judge a person on the hindsight of 20/20 while they are doing their job, and you weren't there.

You said it yourself earlier, non-compliance, (in a singular fashion) as if non-compliance is all encompassing to determine someone's fate. Another poster got it right, too much of a nuisance. When will people learn that a gunman on the street, is a gunman, the badge does not make it right, when used in ignorance.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by exTAC

actually it does matter

the article and several others all state

the officer shot the disabled vet for no reason-
other officers had started to subdue the disabled vet with a bean bag gun-
'they had already shot him

two- the police already knew he was psychologically unsound
hence the bean bag

officer shot him for no reason-
claims it was mistake (or his department did)

if we did that as non-police we would go to jail-
especially if we shot a man and then said oops-

the cop was not in danger
there was no weapon present
other officers where handling the situation

I cant see any justification for the officers actions-
you might claim it was a rookie accident or inexperience
it should be a career ender- at the least

the poster who said he should crawl into the ring is right.

It is for the wife of the man he murdered in cold blood.. unless he is not a man of his convictions.. an innocent man would accept the challenge...

it would go a little bit of the way towards healing the community

I am going to put myself in timeout because I need to not get to hot over this.
edit on 7-6-2012 by ripcontrol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
EPIC FAIL BS OVERLOAD......................

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
It'll never happen. Do you see what cops look like these days? There are no longer physical requirements to be a cop other than the ability to clean your plate.. There are so many fatass cops around my area, it's disgusting. God forbid they have to chase after someone on foot. Oh, wait - that's right, they DON'T - They have tasers and guns. They just shoot them and the department pretends to do an investigation and calls it 'justified' because he had a wallet/cellphone/pack of smokes that the fatass cop "thought was a gun".

No way that cop would get in the ring with a Marine. One punch to the puss and the cop would drop like the piece of sh*t he is.

edit on 7-6-2012 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ripcontrol
You can call me a hater but you know what, oh well. As a man the police officer has been called out

I hope the officer wakes up in the ring. I would pay to see it.

I did some research, sounds like a hit to me

Apparently you did not do enough research then...

Report details police shooting that killed unarmed veteran

When officers were getting paperwork to fill out a report in the parking lot, they saw the Cadillac pull back in the parking lot and shut off its lights and engine without getting out of the car.

When officers walked up to the car, Stanley Gibson put the car in reverse and started backing up towards the officers, hitting a police car as officers jumped out of the way to avoid being hit.

Officers tried to get Gibson out of the car for about 30 minutes, but he did not respond. Police made a plan to fire a bean-bag round to shoot out the passenger side rear window, then discharge O.C. spray into the car to force Gibson out.

When Gibson began accelerate his engine, the designated officer fired the bean bag round. At that point, another officer shot 7 rounds from an AR-15 rifle, killing Gibson.

Gibson's wife claims her husband was suffering from post traumatic stress disorder, had been denied medication and was poorly treated by the Department of Veterans Affairs.

yeah.... really seems open and shut....

Loss of life is always bad...
edit on 8-6-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by exTAC

Uhhh there's a video of the officer going trigger happy on the back of the man's head we don't need to be there it's called video evidence.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by exTAC

You can't treat people on what they possibly could be. An officer is not above the law. Any officer that doesn't follow the Constitution is a traitor!
What if people treated you in the same way? How about you think before you speak and go read the Constitution. This is pathetic.
I know not all cops are bad. But after seeing dash cam video where officers agreed to cover up one crime and all the other unconstitutional acts that have been carried out on the American people, they sure give a bad image! It's the same with Muslims. Speak out against the evil or you are part of it!
edit on 8-6-2012 by soaringhawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

Now here is a US Marine to be proud of, I will state that he is fighting for my freedom.
And he did not have to go 10,000 miles and kill a brown man to do it.
I do not forsee the coward to accept the challenge though.
No gun, no taser, no badge, no backup, No cop in sight...
Maybe this could be an event of the future, challenging your abusive cop in a one on one, for charity of course...
How could any red blooded American deny the orphans and widows?
Who knows, maybe some of these cops might get their bloodlust out and the streets would be safer.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

F him up marine!

I like the marines attitude. He could have taken matters into his own hands and no one would know. This way he works within his honor.

Cops are not bad in general. There are too many lazy and ill spirited cops though. The good ones need to stop protecting the bad or they will all be treated like the same thing.

If a cop killed someone I know like that, without justification, I don't know what I would do.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Originally posted by ripcontrol
You can call me a hater but you know what, oh well. As a man the police officer has been called out

I hope the officer wakes up in the ring. I would pay to see it.

I did some research, sounds like a hit to me

Apparently you did not do enough research then...

Report details police shooting that killed unarmed veteran

When officers were getting paperwork to fill out a report in the parking lot, they saw the Cadillac pull back in the parking lot and shut off its lights and engine without getting out of the car.

When officers walked up to the car, Stanley Gibson put the car in reverse and started backing up towards the officers, hitting a police car as officers jumped out of the way to avoid being hit.

Officers tried to get Gibson out of the car for about 30 minutes, but he did not respond. Police made a plan to fire a bean-bag round to shoot out the passenger side rear window, then discharge O.C. spray into the car to force Gibson out.

When Gibson began accelerate his engine, the designated officer fired the bean bag round. At that point, another officer shot 7 rounds from an AR-15 rifle, killing Gibson.

Gibson's wife claims her husband was suffering from post traumatic stress disorder, had been denied medication and was poorly treated by the Department of Veterans Affairs.

yeah.... really seems open and shut....

Loss of life is always bad...
edit on 8-6-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

Seems like a lot of people are overlooking these facts. If this guy tried to hit the officers then they were justified in shooting him. What were they supposed to do stop and ask him if he was suffering from PTSD? This jarhead is just making himself look like an idiot.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I would like to throw my name in the hat to fight the officer in a MMA fight if the original guy backs out.

I only need two weeks notice and I am ready to go.

From 170-205 he can pick.
edit on 8-6-2012 by knowledgedesired because: add

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
EPIC FAIL BS OVERLOAD......................

After the OP made the effort to make this thread, you could at least dignify it with a decent reply.

To shoot a guy in the back of the head, who is not armed, who was complying after being shot with a bean bag, is surely culpable homicide at the very least.
Maybe seeing the cop get into the ring would ease the communities tensions over this a bit, unfortunately it won't happen as it would send a message to the public that the police and their bosses don't want out there.
It is NEVER ok to hit a policeman, this is what they want you to believe.
Is this what being a copper is about, never having to say you are sorry, even for murder?.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
For those of you who think it is ALWAYS wrong to shoot in the back then think on this. In an area around where i work (not here though) the thugs figured that out. so they would run away from police and shoot over their shoulders. several cops got hurt before they figured out that you CAN shoot someone in the back. It just isnt all that often that you are allowed to. But there are always extenuating circumstances.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

lol a conspiracy website blocking links, oh the irony

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
This is nice and all, but what really needs to happen is people baring arms and just taking the assholes of society out themselves. Kicking his head in wont clean his clock, putting him where he put another human being is.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join