It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marine challenges police officer who shot disabled veteran

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Las Vegas, NV (KTNV) -- It has been almost six months since disabled Gulf War veteran Stanley Gibson was shot and killed during an incident with the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department.

A Marine is now challenging the officer that shot Gibson to a mixed martial arts fight for charity.

I doubt the coward of an officer will accept the match.

You can call me a hater but you know what, oh well. As a man the police officer has been called out

I hope the officer wakes up in the ring. I would pay to see it.

I did some research, sounds like a hit to me

snipped restricted link

snipped content

Having read the second article, yeah... Police abuse of power...

The officer should be treated like any other person who kills someone.

What makes it worse is this is not new for this department.

Mother of vet killed by police files lawsuit

The shooting attracted a lot of public attention, especially since the department was already under heavy scrutiny for a death that happened a year before.

However, the shooting still has not gone before the internal Use of Force Review Board.

of note from what I have read the corrupt cop shot him in the back of the head...

The back not the front or side....

I doubt the cop will crawl into the ring with the marine. Especially being that he wont be allowed to bring his gun or badge with him.

On this one I go with the haters.

Their is no JUSTIFACATION for shooting a disable vet. The main excuse is we did not know. I have dealt with cops on the matter of disabled vets.

Its not that they do not know. Its point blank they do not care. It would be more work for them to know the difference.

In conclusion I hope they toss the officer in the ring with the marine.
edit on 7-6-2012 by ripcontrol because: removed name

snipped restricted content and link..
edit on Thu, 07 Jun 2012 17:57:08 -0500 by JacKatMtn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Oh what happened here?
*googles thread title, finds YT video*
OIC

I hope the police officer accepts the challenge but i really doubt he will.
Why is this being cock blocked by Mods?
edit on 7-6-2012 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
www.ktnv.com...]Marine challenges police officer who shot disabled veteran

ITS POSTED IN THE NEWS!! ITS LEGAL!

edit on 7-6-2012 by Infi8nity because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Bixxi3

the cop doesnt get to fight the marine with a gun or taser. you know he wont accept the challenge.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Its a legit news cast.

The heavy handed moderation is .........spreading ignorance.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I have never had that happen....

Basics then it is

Officer shoots disabled vet-

bean bag gun used
officer shots vet because bean bag fired

disabled vet dead

Marine challenges cop to fight

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

further reading into the case:

of note officer shot man in the back of the head

the back...

edit on 7-6-2012 by ripcontrol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Without even seeing the story, my gut says that regardless of nazi SWAT programming of local cops intended by the cabal to encite anarchy, combat vets won't stand for it. They've seen too much horror. They won't stand by and allow the disease to spread here.

The cabal is beginning to understand we are not just robots made from meat, guts and brains.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Here OP, you used a link that is censored by ATS. The rest of you links were ok.

Originally posted by ripcontrol

Las Vegas, NV (KTNV) -- It has been almost six months since disabled Gulf War veteran Stanley Gibson was shot and killed during an incident with the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department.

A Marine is now challenging the officer that shot Gibson to a mixed martial arts fight for charity.

I doubt the coward of an officer will accept the match.

You can call me a hater but you know what, oh well. As a man the police officer has been called out

I hope the officer wakes up in the ring. I would pay to see it.

I did some research, sounds like a hit to me

A breakdown in communication between supervisors and the firing officer might have contributed to the shooting, multiple department sources told the Review-Journal.

Early indications were that two supervisors decided to use a beanbag shotgun -- a weapon designed to subdue but not kill -- to shoot out at least one window of Gibson's vehicle. But their decision might not have been understood by the firing officer, and when one of the supervisors fired the shotgun, the officer fired multiple times in a reaction to that blast.

Having read the second article, yeah... Police abuse of power...

The officer should be treated like any other person who kills someone.

What makes it worse is this is not new for this department.

Mother of vet killed by police files lawsuit

The shooting attracted a lot of public attention, especially since the department was already under heavy scrutiny for a death that happened a year before.

However, the shooting still has not gone before the internal Use of Force Review Board.

of note from what I have read the corrupt cop shot him in the back of the head...

The back not the front or side....

I doubt the cop will crawl into the ring with the marine. Especially being that he wont be allowed to bring his gun or badge with him.

On this one I go with the haters.

Their is no JUSTIFACATION for shooting a disable vet. The main excuse is we did not know. I have dealt with cops on the matter of disabled vets.

Its not that they do not know. Its point blank they do not care. It would be more work for them to know the difference.

In conclusion I hope they toss the officer in the ring with the marine.
edit on 7-6-2012 by ripcontrol because: removed name

edit on 7-6-2012 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I liked what he said, especially how his widow wanted to be in the ring, she wants to kick his buttside, and put in traction and I don't blame her one bit.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ripcontrol

I seriously doubt the cop would crawl into the ring with the marine. Even if the cop was allowed to bring along a gun and a badge with him.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
The point of this is what? The military orgasm most of you have is false. The crime rate of the US mil. is by far higher than that of a civilian peer.

Noncompliance by a possible violent suspect is still noncompliance, doesn't matter if he is disabled, or a vet.

Try, for once, to pull your head's out of your, and read a story about a cop with logic and rational. Stop being a hindsight, armchair quarterback.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by emberscott

I would do it. It would scare the shiz out of me.. I would get my butt kicked. I have pretty good Army fight training myself, but I won't kid myself against him.

I would feel bad that for killing someone I get payed to sit at home all day. I would do it for the money it brings in, as long as I am not stuck with the medical bills.

I would do it as an honor to the wife. I'm sorry, here watch me get my head bashed in. Heck, why not restore some lost honor to the police?

I don't think he will though.

Try, for once, to pull your head's out of your, and read a story about a cop with logic and rational. Stop being a hindsight, armchair quarterback.

I didn't see you in the video, Mr. Armchair receiver..

edit on 6/7/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I hope this happens. I will be looking forward to seeing a fellow Marine clean this cops clock. I don't know enough about the shooting incident to comment on that aspect but I hope the officer who killed him really felt in true danger. As a fellow disabled veteran it pains me to here about stories such as this but hopefully the officer will accept and bring some comfort to the mans family. If he agrees to fight, I hope he knows what he's getting himself into.

Semper Fi.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by usmc0311
I hope this happens. I will be looking forward to seeing a fellow Marine clean this cops clock. I don't know enough about the shooting incident to comment on that aspect but I hope the officer who killed him really felt in true danger. As a fellow disabled veteran it pains me to here about stories such as this but hopefully the officer will accept and bring some comfort to the mans family. If he agrees to fight, I hope he knows what he's getting himself into.

Semper Fi.

So because you say you are also a marine, you are cheering violence against a most likely innocent person.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by exTAC

Noncompliance by a possible violent suspect is still noncompliance, doesn't matter if he is disabled, or a vet.

Absolutely. # it right. If they do not comply shoot them in the back of the head.

I need to get a job as a policing officer. Seems fun.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by exTAC

the cop shot him in the back of the head. and has been on paid leave for 6 months. sounds like a good enough reason for an a**whoopin.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by exTAC

Originally posted by usmc0311

Semper Fi.

So because you say you are also a marine, you are cheering violence against a most likely innocent person.

In a martial arts ring for charity then I sure am. In an unlawful situation, absolutely not.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

Thanks for clarifying... I now agree

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by theconspirator

Does it? Once again a non complying, possible violent suspect is still a noncomplying, possible violent suspect.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join