It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA's Edgar Mitchell "Aliens Exist & Government Cover Up is Real" - Fox News

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by UltimateSkeptic1

There are lots of nice crazy people out there. Nice doesnt mean correct or even in that neighborhood.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by blaenau2000

No astronauts claim UFO sightings. Name one please.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

Well, I don't know how accurate this site is, but it is really interesting! Internet information always needs to be vetted, but here it is - astronauts who claim to have seen UFOs...

www.syti.net...

Enjoy!

Peace,
AB

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057

Gordon Cooper.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I missed it, did the old cook come out with something concrete or is he still parroting things others have told him over the years that can't be verified and most around here already know anyway?

He is nothing more than a "useful idiot".

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
OP, You did know that NASA didn't exist in 1947?

I know, others have pointed out your error in the two pages before this, but my comment here is to point out that your error is an excellent example of how the old facts get lost in the new shuffle of retelling the UFO story through slopping research or intended deceit.. TheTPTB won't be able to deny UFOs, especially once they are revealed, but they will spin the Hell out of the history as they wish it to be remembered.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Empty Skies
Very interesting to hear this coming from another NASA official.

I still want to see something with my own eyes, though! Thanks for sharing.

Peace.
edit on 5/6/12 by The Empty Skies because: typo

Edgar Mitchell is not a NASA official.
Between this and his organization for Noetic Science it puts Mitchell on the lunatic fringe at best.

Think that's a tad harsh, he is a well respected guy who strongly believes in what he says and believes.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Hello Jim - the OP mentioned that they didn't know if this had already been posted or not, and I was echoing that - the original interview was four years ago in England? Hmmmm. This may be a recently posted Fox News video, so we haven't seen it yet OR it is a retread. Worth some research, perhaps, if I have time! :-)

peace,
AB

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

Originally posted by UltimateSkeptic1
I once spoke with Dr. Mitchell and found him to be an incredibly warm, genuine, and caring person. He told me that he spoke with people at Roswell who gave him their first hand accounts of the 1947 incident. What I found most interesting in my conversation with him is how he has a true kindness about him, and perspective that all life is interconnected.

I ditto that impression. Sweet man, imaginative and forward-looking.

And he was picked by Al Shepard to be his Lunar Module Pilot for one simple reason, Al revealed: "I wanted to come back."

Actually, Mitchell had earlier served on an Apollo backup crew where his commander was Gordon Cooper.

Boy, what I wouldn't have given to be a bug on the wall when THEY two started privately discussing thngs.

Thing is, this is harking back to Roswell once again, and all that entails. For instance, I saw the DC documentary On NASA's unexplained, just the other night. You and the astronauts spoke plausibly about the various aspects of the docu, but ultimately, when it came to Roswell, it was left to the other researchers to once again debunk Roswell, this time some location office with a well preserved schematic diagram of a Mogul balloon, not a Skyhook. Why do they do the Mogul thing again, (in any case neither balloons resemble a recovered disc et al, at all) why do the sticky tape thing again, when it is clearly sticky tape they are demonstrating, not something embossed on an I-beam, the first thing a child would do, (Marcel junior for instance) is pull sticky tape off, if it was at all possible. So, okay, we go along with the PTB thing that it was a useful con on their part to promote the UFO thing at the time, but why continue in the present to promote the balloon thing, when the anecdotes of the time are clearly not in synch with balloon types. Balloons in the air, especially Skyhook will be astounding to anyone unaware, but wreckage on the ground, including sticky tape, would not fool a child.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
One of the commenters on the video put it best:

"It's infuriating and disrespectful. Here's a guy that walked on the moon being laughed at by a bunch of idiots that read a teleprompter for a living."

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Imo i think the more we can get the MSM to talk about the possibilities of life in the universe & get people actually thinking about the possibilities is a good thing.
Edgar Mitchell did a good job there, its strange in a sense how the MSM react to hearing these accounts from
Ex Nasa, Gov, Military employees/ officials.
The MSM all seem to be just like " What Ever " in a discrediting sort of way. Yet will use one of these employees/ officials for one of their stories which serves their purpose & use them as an official source.
Thanks for the thread i would flag, but cant yet, So imaginary flag for the moment & proper a Star.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArrowsNV
One of the commenters on the video put it best:

"It's infuriating and disrespectful. Here's a guy that walked on the moon being laughed at by a bunch of idiots that read a teleprompter for a living."

I'm not sure to who this interviewer was referring to with "us" when he said "the fact that these little creatures are nice... and smarter than us", but if he was referring to the three of them that would be the least surprising thing.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wibble

Gordon Cooper.

So he said, but it was before his space career. I think the question is about claims for UFO sightings on space flights.

Besides, -- if anybody's story is never checked out, no matter who they are, it only remains a candidate UFO until it's been investigated and corroborated, isn't that true?

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum

Originally posted by The Empty Skies
Very interesting to hear this coming from another NASA official.

I still want to see something with my own eyes, though! Thanks for sharing.

Peace.
edit on 5/6/12 by The Empty Skies because: typo

Edgar Mitchell is not a NASA official.
Between this and his organization for Noetic Science it puts Mitchell on the lunatic fringe at best.

Think that's a tad harsh, he is a well respected guy who strongly believes in what he says and believes.

...and Apollo-15 moon walker James Irwin strongly believed that Noah's Ark was real.

Does that mean that you accept his authority, and believe in Noah's Ark?

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by mckeesport
I would love to punch all of these heckling coc*sucker news people right in the mother f****** face.

Since the video seems to be four years old, you're a little late to the party.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

Originally posted by Wibble

Gordon Cooper.

So he said, but it was before his space career. I think the question is about claims for UFO sightings on space flights.

Besides, -- if anybody's story is never checked out, no matter who they are, it only remains a candidate UFO until it's been investigated and corroborated, isn't that true?

It actually remains a candidate UFO for anyone who didn't witness the specific UFO. Investigation and/or corroboration makes the candidate more likely to be a UFO at the most. I agree that at one point things become reasonable to assume,which is just as well, since absolute truths only belong in the irrational realm of religion.

About my reply: "Gordon Cooper."
Karen61057 wrote : "No astronauts claim UFO sightings. Name one please."
No mention of space missions.Karen61057 was clearly wrong and obviously didn't do his/her homework.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Lunatic fringe is not what Id use to describe them. And Im pretty sceptical. Their goal is :

advance the science of consciousness and human experience to serve individual and collective transformation.

www.noetic.org...

May not be the norm, but certainly not lunatic, in fact anyone investigating the unknown, regardless if it's metaphysics, or quantum physics or plain ol' physics I tip my hat to.

Has anyone been able to disprove MItchell, I find him a interesting character.

Also you say he does not represent NASA, well he sure as hell DID, longest moonwalk ever, lets not try and wipe his NASA role off his CV
He does not deserve that methinks.
edit on 5-6-2012 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

It's just a hunch but I think Apollo Astronaut Edgar Mitchell may have had experienced something UFO first hand or received something that was undeniably the Real Mckoy, but he doesn't want to talk about it. Probably because it sounds worse to claim firsthand UFO Experience than to just say you merely believe what other people have said. In order for him or any other Astronaut to prove firsthand legitimacy to most people, all the Astronauts and NASA would have to come on board. Until they do, people who claim to have firsthand UFO experience will always seem like loons to the mainstream. I think lots of people want to believe but people like Mitchell can't afford to go too far. I wonder what Jimmy Carter saw? My first reply. Happy to be ATS.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by AboveBoard

Thats quite the list!

I admit i Know too little on the subject, JIM, in your opinion, are ALL these claims listed on this site BOGUS? If there is even one that is not, how does a sceptic reconcile that?
www.syti.net...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join