It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

11 Yr Old Vietnamese Girl Starts Fires with Her Brain?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Okay.. A lot of people here are just taking the story for what it is and fantasizing about something that is completely irrational. One fellow ATSer stated on the first page-

Originally posted by Rapha
Scientific idea: She is one of the new age indigo children. Gifted and afraid.

Religeously she is one of the nephilim with supernatural powers.

Really? Try to be a little more open-minded and don't assume religious answers, they come in all shapes and sizes and usually don't "answer" anything at all.

I propose a different, scientific answer.

Vietnam's climate is so diverse, it's hard to pinpoint an exact "definition" of an average temperature for them, but we know two things- they go through wet seasons, and dry seasons. The wet seasons begin in May and continue on through November. The dry seasons are from February to April.

Now, these articles were posted at around May 16/17 - yet the event itself was occurring since the past month, during the dry season. Is it all impossible, to presume that because of the dry temperature and falling humidity levels, will increase the chance of static electricity.

A few hints in the article-

An 11-year-old girl in Ho Chi Minh City who reportedly sets things on fire by just being near them will be studied by an expert

Her mattresses, fans and other equipment have burst into flames

Mattresses are made of hair, straw, cotton, foam rubber, or a frame work of metal springs. All of these, with the exception of the rubber, are a factor into increasing a fire from static shock.

The fans, and other electrical equipment, should be obvious - a foreign shock could create an overload and fry the hardware, and sometimes cause a fire. It's the same reason you don't plug too many things into an electrical outlet at once.

The other interesting thing, however, is the streak in her brain. Her brain is electrical signals, so this streak will need some explaining. Still, when she wore the Quartz clip, and the streak disappeared, it may have "grounded" her preventing anymore static discharge.

As far as the obvious question, why isn't this happening more often? Well, it actually does, there are plenty of cases of fires starting this way, but for sake of argument, assume she's the only one in Vietnam doing this - people have different bodily electrical currents. Some are higher, some are lower. I checked my own current once in a class at college about a year ago, and my "resistance" is surprisingly lower than most - meaning if I get shocked, I have a higher chance of survival. Resistance "retains" the current in your body, so with my low resistance, the electricity will flow right through me.

I suspect she has a very high resistance, and is retaining a current through her body. Perhaps with the addition of the dry heat, the materials she is exposed to, and simple chance, these events unfolded. Only time will tell, however, and I could be dead wrong, but I try to deny ignorance as much as I can and I hope you all do the same, instead of just saying "magic powers" - I mean, come on.
edit on 5-6-2012 by Lionhearte because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

Good thoughts here!
Don't want to jump straight to supernatural conclusions!

Very, very interesting though!

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gwampo
I am betting this will turn out to be a hoax.

hoping otherwise tho

I don't think it's a hoax.
What if these children, that have these abilities seem to loose them as they approach adulthood? Would it be possible if those that retain these powers, would have a great difficulty in their social environment, and later be found to have spontaneously combusted? I'm not saying that this is what happens, but it is something to ponder.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerLou

I bet she can only "make fire" when in the company of only her family. Just like the girl who cries crystals and the girl who grows gold on her skin

I looked at the last link.....wow her home has shoddy wiring....nice super power
edit on 5-6-2012 by DoctorMobius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
The only way I see this working is if the girls body is a super conductor by its chemical makeup.

Then as with water , all electrical impulses will follow the path of least resistance,ie her. Normal circiuts trip when arcing of this type occur.

neat article thanks.

cheers!
edit on 5-6-2012 by Treespeaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
May 21st seems a couple months off to me. I noticed an ability to read minds a couple months ago personally.

Pyrokinesis is some weird #. I hope she learns how to control her "gift"....

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I knew Dr Bishop and William Bell were behind this!!!!

Where is Olivia Dunham????

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
is her name drew barrymore!!!????

sorry,had to do it!
but imagine the power if she could control it!!!!

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
pyromania sometimes comes form abuse

this story is likely to have a bad ending

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Wa she 'fired' from her last job? Lol

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Boy, that girls a little hot headed.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Subscribed, so i can keep a check on this thread. Plus S for the find. ( I would flag as well if i could)
Hopefully its not a hoax, either way real or not, i hope they get to the bottom of this & release all the info.
Imo i think it is possible to have this kind of energy within us.
I'm sitting 50/50 on this lass having the ability for now.

edit on 5/6/2012 by 303inMyBrain because: Forgot i cant flag yet.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerLou
Thoughts ATS?

Scientific idea: She is one of the new age indigo children. Gifted and afraid.

Religeously she is one of the nephilim with supernatural powers.

This is just the beginning.

Junk DNA is being switched on now (according to new age sites) after the ley-line grid got activated during 21st May 2012.

Expect many more unique X-Men style rumours to roam the internet now.

This girl is probably quite close to the X-Men character 'Cyclops'.
edit on 5-6-2012 by Rapha because: (no reason given)

u mean pyro?

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerLou

Lol she's a firebender, awesome.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

This girl is probably quite close to the X-Men character 'Cyclops'.
edit on 5-6-2012 by Rapha because: (no reason given)

waaay off dude.. pyro is who you're thinking of. Cyclops shoots lasers from his eyes..

cool story though!

waiting for my supernatural powers to activate... annnnny day now.
edit on 5-6-2012 by knightwhosaysnih because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

11 Yr Old Vietnamese Girl Starts Fires with Her Brain?

That's dangerous thinking. You'd best get back to your work.
2nd

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
She is not the first, and probably not the last. Hopefully she has some protective people around her. People like to burn such people as witches and whatnot. Fear of the unknown, twisted around with religious hatred, ends up ugly more times than not. Can't have the peons realize they have a great deal more power than they were lead to believe.
edit on Tue, 05 Jun 2012 19:13:49 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I know a woman who was run out of her village in Thailand for doing the same thing, as a child too. She finds it an exhausting exercise for no real benefit but she is an amazing masseur. She uses crystals and unbinds the nerves. it's amazing. She will instantly diagnose your pain and be more accurate than a dozen medical experts.

I have the ability to create heat. I showed her. That's when she told me. It's not hard to believe at all. We are all made of energy.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
and it has nothing to do with the New Age, unless you're willing to date New Age back some 100,000 years

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I cant wait til she turns 18 ,i'm definitely going to try to date her.... I bet the *** will be amazing

Cool story nevertheless, I hope the powers are real and not just some 11 year old pyromaniac who keeps setting fires and blaming it on mental powers...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join