It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

11 Yr Old Vietnamese Girl Starts Fires with Her Brain?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+26 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

HA NOI — The case of an 11-year-old girl in HCM City's Tan Binh District claimed to have supernatural fire-starting powers is continuing to baffle scientists. The girl, whose family claims she has an unusual mental power that can cause objects to burst into flames, has drawn a great deal of attention from the Vietnamese media. The girl's father said he first became aware of that his child was unusual when the family home's electrical network suffered several short circuits, about a month ago. Electricians were called to fix the short circuit but could not find the cause behind the power failures. He said the girl was taken to other houses where the same phenomenon took place each time. Her mattresses, fans and other equipment have burst into flames. The hotel room where her family stayed two weeks ago during their holiday on Vung Tau beach also suffered burns from a blaze.

Girl ‘fire starter' mystifies scientists
en.baomoi.com...

Eleven year-old girl with ability of setting things on fire with her brain:
eyedrd.org...

Vietnam 'fire girl' to be studied by expert
www.thanhniennews.com...

But a team of scientists from the Centre of Research and Application for Radio-active Geo-biological Energy at Hong Bang University has also carried out tests on the girl and confirmed that she is unusual.

A real life Firestarter? Interesting case if this is true.

This part really caught my attention- the red streak on brain scan and especially how the wearing of the quartz affected it. Evidence something is happening:

"Hung made the decision after doing tests on her at home Tuesday, including a scan that found a red streak on the right side of her brain. The streak disappeared when she wore a quartz clip on her wrist but then she felt uncomfortable as if electricity was coursing through her body."

But the poor girl. I cannot imagine having to live in fear of igniting, melting things all around and sleeping beside buckets of water.etc. I've heard of spontaneous combustion before but man, if this is the real deal, can you imagine? Do the Vietnamese hoax their news often? Not sure, but this is a baffling case if true.

Thoughts ATS? Thanks in advance.

ETA: an omitted Link
11 year-old girl with paranormal ability causes another fire while investigators were present
eyedrd.org...
edit on 5-6-2012 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
OMG that is awesome and scary at the same time....Like you said it must be nerve recking to have to worry about igniting things everywhere...poor girl! Hope she learns how to control it and fast for her own sake. The govt probably has her under heavy surveillance.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Isn't this how the Xmen started?

Seriously, great read. S&F

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerLou
Thoughts ATS?

Scientific idea: She is one of the new age indigo children. Gifted and afraid.

Religeously she is one of the nephilim with supernatural powers.

This is just the beginning.

Junk DNA is being switched on now (according to new age sites) after the ley-line grid got activated during 21st May 2012.

Expect many more unique X-Men style rumours to roam the internet now.

This girl is probably quite close to the X-Men character 'Cyclops'.
edit on 5-6-2012 by Rapha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I wonder if she is also resistant to fire....

I mean if her bed had burns, was she in it when they happenned? Ummm

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
A very handy ability if she can learn to control it...Would be great when camping,or if someone tried to attack her or her friends...

Wouldn't like to be around her as a moody teenager though.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I wonder who will get there hands on her first, China or the U.S.A.? Poor kid must be scared out of her witts!!
I hope she is able to harness her power and use it to protect herself from the dark forces who will come calling very soon. Great read OP. s`n` f.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Rapha

I think you mean Pyro, Cyclops shoots optic blasts from his eyes. Has nothing to do with fire starting. Pyro is your guy. Fascinating story nonetheless if true of course.

link   
pyrokinesis.Normally buddhist monks or russian psychotronic troops who were modified at the epigenetic level have pyrokinesis or telekinesis or clairvoyance .

link   
Something is gonna tell me that one day the girl is gonna find five strange foreign men beckoning her to come with them

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerLou

Its extremely unlikely. The idea of using nothing but thought to vibrate molecules so fast that they burst into flames is too much for me.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
hopefully i inherit something like this
my great grand dad was viet

Hope the girl doesnt become a lab rat hoax or not

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
lol who's to say she dont carry a lighter around with her. circuit breakers snap off all the time, its what they do.

if she is special and do in fact possess an ability to start fire, good luck trying to kidnap her for research. vietnamese are known to destroy whole nation because someones husband was executed.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

The thing is.... she doesn't have to be thinking of fire. At least that's the way I understand it.
Yeah, it's definitely wild though.

Thanks , everyone, for your input/replies...

Appreciate you all.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
She's probably hiding a box of matches under her pillow.

Seriously.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Rapha

I was thinking more along the lines of Pyro or Jubilee due to her distorting electrical devices.

2nd

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
pop her in an igloo in the arctic....job done

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I am betting this will turn out to be a hoax.

hoping otherwise tho

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
If superhuman abilities are to become more common, only GOD knows how far this can go. It's probably as far as one can imagine, we've all seen the Xmen and the sort, it could get wild!!!!

I just hope I'm alive to see it all when we have a gang of superheroes out to save our world.

Go Superman!!!!

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by MrStyx

Actually not Pyro. Pyro could only control and greatly expand fire. He had to have a source like a lighter to use his powers first.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join