It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

coffee anyone?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
wasn't coffee once a witches brew in europe?

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I drink 2-3 cups of coffee in the morning.

When my kids were still living at home they decided I was addicted to caffeine. I got tired of them always saying that so I quit all caffeinated beverages for a month just to show them I was not addicted but drink it because I like it.

I think that coffee is one of the simple pleasures in life and I certainly enjoy it.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I'm going to add another post to this thread. Finally, they did some tests to show that Cafestol in coffee can be a treatment for diabetes. www.sciencedaily.com...

I did a post on this here or in a diabetis thread I made. en.wikipedia.org...

If I was paranoid, I would think they were setting us up for failure so they could make money from us. But I am not, I believe the people who said that coffee was bad for us are just stupid.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Got to add another bit of information to the thread. It is an old thread, but oh well. Don't really need another new thread on coffee. www.sciencedaily.com...

I drink about four cups of coffee a day, sometimes five.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Here is some good research. They probably thought of this test while having their morning coffee.

www.sciencedaily.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I drink half a gallon of coffee a day am 52 started at around 19 .
Love the stuff . when I was younger i did get the caffeine withdraw but no longer .
ONE BIG HUGE thing no one has talked about .
Caffeine works alest as good as asprian for pain .
Without the side effects .
Odd thing is soda does not work as well . Chocolaty does sometimes work .

Frankly i could care less if coffee was deadly In that I understand how drug addicts think .
Butter not good for you well I dont give a darn i like it .
saturate the heck out of the fat i eat who cares .

All I can say for the health people is you are not living to live you are living to die spending all your time worring on how what you eat may kill you .
I would arther live 10 less years and enjoy what I eat then live 10 more in misery .

Notice people how live over 100 always look on the verge of starvation ?
Sure it may make it so you life longer but what life ?

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: midnightstar
I drink half a gallon of coffee a day am 52 started at around 19 .
Love the stuff . when I was younger i did get the caffeine withdraw but no longer .
ONE BIG HUGE thing no one has talked about .
Caffeine works alest as good as asprian for pain .
Without the side effects .
Odd thing is soda does not work as well . Chocolaty does sometimes work .

Frankly i could care less if coffee was deadly In that I understand how drug addicts think .
Butter not good for you well I dont give a darn i like it .
saturate the heck out of the fat i eat who cares .

All I can say for the health people is you are not living to live you are living to die spending all your time worring on how what you eat may kill you .
I would arther live 10 less years and enjoy what I eat then live 10 more in misery .

Notice people how live over 100 always look on the verge of starvation ?
Sure it may make it so you life longer but what life ?

Butter contains Butyrate which is good for us. If you have the right gut flora you can get your butyrate from them, but so many foods nowadays kill these little critters that we need butter more than ever. Only a small amount of people have problems with saturated fats. Remember, eggs were bad for us for a long time, with research from the companies making cereals. They finally tested the effect of eggs on people and now they say they are good for the majority of people now.

It isn't the caffeine that actually relieves pain, but the caffeine adjuvates the effect of coffee's natural pain reliever. Even tobacco has pain relieving properties. Something that medical people do not want us to know.

Caffeine does not bother me unless I drink strong coffee right before going to sleep. If it is really strong I also can get some stomach discomfort, so we tend to make it about medium strength. I drink about eight cups a day too. Four in the morning and four throughout the day.

They made a lot of BS up about coffee being bad for people too, but when they gave up coffee, the only alternative is something worse for you unless you drink water. But too much water will wash out our electrolytes and that will eventually lead to not being able to think properly, you cannot properly think correctly if you are short on electrolytes.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Coffees natural pain reliver ? ok so you say its not the caffeine so what is it ?
All i can say If not for that I would always be in pain its definitely does slightly better then asprian .
I get pain asprian will not touch but a cup of coffee does wonders .

Heck works better then any over the counter pain med I ever tried .
Yea I am old 52 missing a eye missing half a finger got canser in my colon once as well
right now a broken knockel messed up hype- back- neck lol .

God knows its works wonders as I can usually keep my pain lvs down to just annoying .
as for the butter thing did not know that as for the fat thing well Im even now still hyper wile no longer skinny as a rail still thin heck with fat love chips love eggs love bakeon .
My blood pressure oooo 117 over 85 or so not bad . living health will kill you lol one of my idels is George brunes he lived to 101 all the wile a stogy in one hand a martini in the other and a women under each arm .
Now there was a man who knew how to live lol .

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Well, time to add some more content to this thread, since it is such an important subject in my life. clincancerres.aacrjournals.org...

Now, read the abstract conclusion so you do not get misled by the other stuff it contains. Sometimes attempting to read a scientific article can lead to misconceptions of what it really said, but doing so can help to use this information for other things if you have knowledge of many diseases and metabolic cycles. But even then you have to search for verification to see if the path you are going in is appropriate. Foods are a combination of many chemistry, caffeic acid is present in multiple foods other than coffee too.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
There is nothing better than apple pie with a cup of coffee.
Well, there's apple pie with chunk of old cheddar, and a cup of coffee.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

I like the apple pie but the old cheddar may lead to a headache for me. I can eat a little of the yummy cheeses, but not too much. I do not brake down tyramines well and have learned to avoid more than a little of them to keep my headaches away. Occasionally I will overindulge in cheese and tyramines, but sometimes the high I get off of aged foods is worth the headache. I just bought a bottle of pickled herring, Ummm. Been eating it for a couple of days with ritz crackers. But that actually qualifies somewhat as aged because vinegar is created by fermentation. Not as bad as beer and a little actually makes me feel good but if you have reduced ability to breeak down tyramines because of hereditary MAO inhibition it can make you sick. People who take MAOI meds need to eat like I do or they are negatively effected.

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Gee, four cups of coffee supply seven percent of your fiber? Cool, how many cups do you need to get your daily supply, I probably know some people who get all their fiber from coffee.

www.sciencenews.org...

Then you have this, maybe Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis is rare because people were smoking and drinking coffee before.

www.sciencedaily.com...

Well, yup, there has been increasing numbers over the last few decades. Whether it is related or just that they are poisoning people more with chemicals is the question. www.sciencedirect.com... But of course, the benefit would only be a small number of people compared to how many people are hurt by cigarette smoke.

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

but, the pickled onions!

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Got to add new information to an old thread to clarify something. I had read that if you use a screen in your coffee maker, it was better for insulin resistance but worse for heart. But now additional testing was done and it concludes that screened coffee may actually be bad for diabetes risk too for some unknown reason.

But the research concludes that coffee made in a coffee maker with filter actually lessens risk of diabetes. It is important to note that this is a cause and effect thing, maybe people make brewed coffee because they already have a high diabetes risk of blocking receptors. So the evidence should be taken with a grain of salt for now...salt in coffee takes away the bitterness.

scitechdaily.com...

I will consider this evidence but know that it has been derived in a way that makes it possibly not relevant. I do know that risk of heart attack increases with unfiltered coffee, because the diterpines actually keep the heart receptors squeeky clean and something can trigger them to react in a major fashion and cause a heart attack. If they were not all primed, the risk of a major event killing you would be lessened. So watch the french presses and the one cup coffee pots that force the water through a pod. It increases heart disease risk if done on a regular basis.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I take powerful medications for mental illness. I drink coffee all day to fight the sedative effects. Without coffee I'll sleep 18 hours a day.

posted on Jun, 14 2021 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Well, a little update to the coffee thread. New information is being released and there is no reason to make a new thread. Nobody has seemed to have made a coffee thread lately so I will just add it here.

scitechdaily.com...

I like my coffee, we have fifteen 26 oz cans of Hills brothers in stock just incase there is a shortage or high prices. got the stock up when it was three dollars and ninety nine a can of coffee...limit one with a ten dollar purchase. But the wife and I both go and get two different orders when it is on sale that cheap....and we go maybe three times in the week it is on sale.

Yes, I am a cheapskate when it comes to coffee.

This is about heart failure, you still must remember that there can be some negative heart effects in relation to the post and link I did about two posts up. So moderation is necessary with everything, including coffee. Especially french press or perked coffee which I address in other posts. The filter does take out much of that problem.
edit on 14-6-2021 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2021 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: plube
reply to post by OhZone

I am not sure it is addictive itself...but i think the habit of the action of drinking coffee is addictive....I drink 15-20 cups a day...i have done this for over 30yrs....I have drank maybe 10 to 20 glasses of water in my life....I think water itself is horrible and i will not drink it.
i have very little illness...and i seem to be quite healthy for a 50yr old so if there is a researcher who wants to check out the negative effects of coffee on me i would be a good sample.

Very similar to myself. Drink coffee in the morning, then regular tea till evening when I have a last cup of coffee before bed. Super healthy for the most part. Don't like the taste of water and only drink it at work in the hottest of days when nothing else is available. It's blechy!

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Here is another thing about coffee they just did testing on.

scitechdaily.com...

Boy, coffee health research goes in streaks. Again adding it to an old coffee thread instead of doing a new one.

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I slam coffee in the morning, I can drink a whole pot. I also slam a cup or two on the way to the gym, a cheap pre-workout drink, better than the expensive fruity ones in cans.
I cut coffee off by noon, if I have any afternoon my sleep is affected, but that’s just me.

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: 38181

It is one of my favorites tastes. Good, fresh melted at the morning. I am using little brewery, infuser. 5 minutes over the fire and here we go. Shake that milk and fill the cap. It can sound like a madness but I am drinking only from my one cap. Coffee, smoke.. rituals.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join